◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,788 comments
Really gets under my skin that the “nascar racing line” on road courses is 30ft beyond normal track limits for real race cars.

Watching NASCAR at the “short course” weeny version of the Glen because Kimi :)

It’s got to be killing him that you are encouraged to ignore track limits.

Really gets under my skin that the “nascar racing line” on road courses is 30ft beyond normal track limits for real race cars.

I caught a few Laps of a NASCAR road course last year, and thought the same thing. The disregard to track limits that they had were unappealing, to say the least

yeah I was so confused why they were on that side of the curb when I went to watch his highlights. I thought guys were screwing at first then I saw Kimi take it to within an inch of the wall and then I realized what was going on.

It’s the visible curbs that’s the issue. Any new nascar watcher will wonder why all the cars are leaving the track in several areas without being penalized or given warnings. I imagine any fans of the new “foreign” drivers are watching in disbelief.

Of course veteran watchers know nascar has no track limit rules…the walls keep them in bounds pretty much everywhere they go.

Last edited:
It's the difference between a formula car and a stock car which is basically a brick on wheels. Make the track wider and create more lines and more places to race.

1659907739610.png
SNAIL Sunday Scoring Sheets have been created for August 21st

Race starting points will be as follows:

Brands Hatch - End of sector 1.
Interlagos - End of sector 1.
Trial Mountain Reverse - End of sector 1.

I have a question about track limits at Trial Mtn, namely corners 7 & 8 leading on to and ending the back straight through the tunnel. Is the wiiide inside expanse at both corners, which only has a dotted white line, in or out of bounds?

I have a question about track limits at Trial Mtn, namely corners 7 & 8 leading on to and ending the back straight through the tunnel. Is the wiiide inside expanse at both corners, which only has a dotted white line, in or out of bounds?
I believe the solid white line is the dividing line.

All hosts should start tonight's racing at the scheduled time. The only reason to hold the start is to allow someone who was already in the lobby their three minutes to return or to deal with network issues according to the OLR.

This is taken straight from the track boundaries post in the SNAIL OLR. Trial Mountain is not listed as an exception.

The white line at the track edge is the track boundary unless there is a striped rumble strip present or the section of track is listed here as an exception to this rule. The white line and / or the rumble strip will be considered part of the track surface.

I will take a quick look at the area in question and if it's abnormal, I will post a clarification quickly.

Back