◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,415 comments
Glad you made it last night, Dub. It was amazing watching you guys and trying to keep up. That was my first time running a practice, and I was trying to recruit two of my friends. So it didn't go as smoothly as maybe it should have. I'll get into a better groove next time 😀

How does practice usually go?
5min Warmup between each race?
Two 1/2 length races at one track?
Repeat at next track/car combo?

Or rotate combos every race?
Longer warmup to allow new people in?

How does practice usually go?
When "Official Practice" was being held on Thursday nights it generally ran exactly like a Sunday race night.

I plan to run a SNAIL Warmup lobby on the Sunday's I intend to race, from 7:00-9:00 PM Eastern.
So long as I have 2 or more in the lobby the first race will start at 7.
Races will be half distance, rounded up.
Race finish timer will be set at 45 50 seconds can't set for 45
Will flip combo after each race.
Will try to give enough time for Replays to be saved and cars to be switched for next combo, then settings will be changed.
The races will start 3-5 minutes after everyone currently in the room shows as loaded or everyone has "Entered", whichever is less.
Should be able to get at least 2 full cycles (6 races) in 2 hours, maybe as many as 6 (18 races).
Lobby will close at 9:00P or shortly thereafter.

All these settings are subject to change without notice.

Last edited:
When "Official Practice" was being held on Thursday nights it generally ran exactly like a Sunday race night.

I plan to run a SNAIL Warmup lobby on the Sunday's I intend to race, from 7:00-9:00 PM Eastern.
So long as I have 2 or more in the lobby the first race will start at 7.
Races will be half distance, rounded up.
Race finish timer will be set at 45 seconds
Will flip combo after each race.
Will try to give enough time for Replays to be saved and cars to be switched for next combo, then settings will be changed.
The races will start 3-5 minutes after everyone currently in the room shows as loaded or everyone has "Entered", whichever is less.
Should be able to get at least 2 full cycles (6 races) in 2 hours, maybe as many as 6 (18 races).
Lobby will close at 9:00P or shortly thereafter.

All these settings are subject to change without notice.
I love this warmup lobby.

Glad you made it last night, Dub. It was amazing watching you guys and trying to keep up. That was my first time running a practice, and I was trying to recruit two of my friends. So it didn't go as smoothly as maybe it should have. I'll get into a better groove next time 😀
Thanks, and you did just fine….everyone was able to get in some practice laps. Thanks again for hosting

I have read the first post and would like to join

The way I heard of SNAIL racing was through my brother
@katz115

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL Racing League:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add zer05ive, JLBowler, nmcp1, SAMHAIN85, llNovall & Akzl298
as participants.

The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL

hello guys, just posting here because i was wondering if i was ready to race tomorrow. i did everything they told me to just didnt get any ok from anyone so i dont know if that means im ready to race or not, thanks.

hello guys, just posting here because i was wondering if i was ready to race tomorrow. i did everything they told me to just didnt get any ok from anyone so i dont know if that means im ready to race or not, thanks.
JLBowler should be posting the Driver List and Grid List are updated and tagging any new or moving drivers sometime tomorrow before racing begins.

Jan 29 Dash.png

Would one of the SNAIL moderators go into the Div2 Feb thread and delete the #2 post so Skills grid list post comes up second please?

Thanks!

I'd like to run a 1 cycle test of my warmup room process and I don't think I can do it without at least 1 other player. Anyone interested? Room is up on R1. Going for smoke while I wait for someone SNAIL to join.

@Gurney67 Thanks!

He could only stay long enough to do first race but that gives me a yardstick to gauge. Should be able to get 3 full cycles done in 2 hours. Anyone has time to jump in for about 30-40 minutes so I can time 1 complete cycle it would be appreciated.

@Skills came in and we were able to get through 1 cycle. Didn't start my timer until the second round and the last 2 ran 24:17.02. The first round I timed with Gurney ran 11:something.orso. That puts the total time per cycle in the 35min range. May take a little longer with more people in play, so figure 40min per cycle, that's 3 cycles in 2 hours. Reckon we'll see how it runs tonight.

Will leave room up for now and reset around 6:45.

Room closed for dinner. Looks like above estimates are fairly accurate. Thanks to @CdnSweetTee , @Skills , @Chiochansan , & @DublDee for joining in and running some laps.

I may not actually run any laps in this evening's warmup, will manage lobby between races and only join if there's less than 3 others in the room.

Warmup Room open for biz

Last edited:
Back