◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,416 comments
Ahhh.. the dreaded one-two post while lurking for a TOPP. :P I should have just snagged two posts in a row like I usually do when TOPP-hunting, but it's Friday (which is usually the slowest day of the week on this thread) so I didn't think I would need to. Oh well, lesson learned. Anybody want to help me get to another TOPP? Who has cool plans this weekend? :D

Just Keep Calm...

keep-calm-and-tgif-12.png

Here's a pic for ya. . :sly: The wife got me a little toy for our 12 year wedding anniversary last week! 1141 magical pieces that make up an F1 car! Gonna be a tough choice for what to do Sunday night! :lol:

View attachment 209686

I have a few of these myself.... and was looking at this one for X-Mas. Have you seen the new Mini as well? not a Technics but still pretty cool.

I have this one
brickpicker_set_9395-1_6.jpg

and this one
51i9nFeWGLL.jpg

which also builds into this one

download2461124DE222C8B067BF17D762BC1C3B.jpg

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/MINI-Cooper-10242

q3i6vycvluxercnyv5sy.jpg

Last edited:
As much as we love them, are certain cars unavailable for us to use? I'm thinking of the Red Bull Junior, Senna WSR F3, Formula GT, and maybe some others.
The RB Jr. and FGT have different colors but not enough for everyone and can't be painted, while the WSR F3 doesn't have different colors at all. None can have driver numbers. But they are so much fun to drive! Stock FGT at 50% power is the best way to experience that car. Is it already a known fact that we don't choose those cars for these reasons and it's accepted? I mean, I don't care, as long as you keep the username above the car so you know who's who.

In an effort to help @zer05ive .....

For any of our newer SNAILs (and as a reminder to everyone else), if your looking for racing during the week, SNAIL offers different options throughout the week in addition to the Sunday Races we all know and love..

Each of these events are well organized and offer something different to meet your racing interest. If you haven't don't so yet, you should check them out.

As for the Wed Night Race Car Series, we just wrapped up our Season 2 All Star race and getting ready to start Season 3 in the 2006 Chevy Corvette Z06 (C6) LM Race Car. Below is the spotter guide for Season 3. We have room for 4 more active drivers so if your interested, please be sure to stop by the topic and take a look and sign up if this sounds like something for you. If you have questions about this series, or any of the others, be sure to stop by the topics and check them out. Im sure you will have a blast in them.

14808630617_0fee015747_o.png

I would like to participate on this

I agree... although the Nissan was good to me with a few podiums it's time to R.I.P.

However I see a fierce battle for "second" place. I did a few laps with the VW last night....love it!!
Love the 2010 Camaro! Laguna...nah not so much but it should be a good test.

I'm not going to bet half of my lunch money on who will get the freeze vote between those 2.

EDIT: Curious to know... did we ever have a tie in voting? If so what's the rule?
Thanks for asking! I've been meaning to follow up on this post from Monday night and this is the perfect opportunity for me to do so. Therefore, I'd like to explain the..

New Tie-Breaking Process

For the majority of SNAIL's existence, we have not counted the elimination votes of the Prize A, Prize B, and Prize C winners. If you take a look at the June 22, 2104 results you'll notice that the prize winners' elimination votes are crossed out. This signifies that their votes were not counted towards the tally that determined which combos would be fully or partially eliminated from the lineup. In the past, we would break the tie by counting Prize C winner's vote.

Every results post prior to June 22nd will have the same crossed-out votes for the prize winners. However, since June 29th, I've been quietly testing out a new policy as seen here. In a nutshell, I've been counting all elimination votes including those of the prize winners. This was done to in part to simplify the process posting results because since we have more qualifications for our prize winners, the drivers with the highest adjusted scores do not always end up as the prize winners.

We have had many ties in the past, but we haven't had any ties in the two months that I've been counting the prize winners' votes. That is, until this past Sunday night. The results from this past Sunday night illustrates this new tie-breaking process perfectly. Round 1 clearly got the most elimination votes, but there was a tie between Round 2 and Round 3 for the second-most votes. So as you can see, I crossed out the Prize A winner's vote so that his vote would not count any more. Because he had voted for Round 3, the removal of his vote meant that Round 2 ended up with more elimination votes. In summary, here's an explanation of the new process:

If there is a tie, we will remove the Prize A winner's vote from the tally. If doing so does not break the tie, we will remove the Prize B winner's vote from the tally. If there is still a tie, we will remove the Prize C winner's vote from the tally. It's unlikely that there would still be a tie after that because it would mean that all three prize winners voted to eliminate the most popular combo of the night. However, if that does happen, we will start removing votes of the remaining division winners, starting with the highest adjusted score and going down from there.

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone who posted pictures! This has already been a busier than usual Friday, and it's still the morning. Maybe we should make every Friday picture day? 💡

EDIT: I've finished editing the post above and will link it in the OP for easy reference. 👍

As much as we love them, are certain cars unavailable for us to use? I'm thinking of the Red Bull Junior, Senna WSR F3, Formula GT, and maybe some others.
The RB Jr. and FGT have different colors but not enough for everyone and can't be painted, while the WSR F3 doesn't have different colors at all. None can have driver numbers. But they are so much fun to drive! Stock FGT at 50% power is the best way to experience that car. Is it already a known fact that we don't choose those cars for these reasons and it's accepted? I mean, I don't care, as long as you keep the username above the car so you know who's who.

I believe a car can be used if the Credit amount is under 1,000,000. @zer05ive, correct me if I'm wrong.

I won't around Sunday to race, but I love all three combos. Would anyone like to race tonight in the same format as Sunday but in a loose way without qualifying, just practice and chilling?

And that's definitely the only restriction? Just curious.

That's basically the only restrictions, but I think most try to choose cars that can be painted. I tested the Senna WSR F3 at Spa before deciding on the GTI, but it needs a smaller track. And we've used the Red Bull Junior a few months ago for a couple weeks.

And that's definitely the only restriction? Just curious.

That's basically the only restrictions, but I think most try to choose cars that can be painted. I tested the Senna WSR F3 at Spa before deciding on the GTI, but it needs a smaller track. And we've used the Red Bull Junior a few months ago for a couple weeks.
There are two other restrictions I remember at this moment:
The car must be currently available to all users (no pre-order DLC and the like).
The car must not hit the redline while in a draft.

I believe a car can be used if the Credit amount is under 1,000,000. @zer05ive, correct me if I'm wrong.
Correct. $1M is the current price cap and has been for a while. You can always see what the current price cap is by looking at the bottom of a results post. There are very specific instructions provided to the prize winners, and those instructions clearly out line the restrictions on what car and tracks can be selected by the prize winners.

@JLBowler can let you know if and when we'll be increasing the cap above $1M, but in the past he has stated that doing so really wouldn't make many more cars available for selection.

EDIT: Ninja'd by @Wardenclyffe. He's referring to the instructions in the results posts as well. For example, click here and read the section at the bottom in red.

What if a car can be won in a Seasonal but costs over $1M if bought?

Ascari is great for the RBX Jr. and WSR F3, we just need longer races. So much fun.

What cars are pre-order DLC outside of the 15th anniversary special livery cars? They all have normal counterparts to use anyway.

Ascari is great for the RBX Jr. and WSR F3, we just need longer races. So much fun.

What cars are pre-order DLC outside of the 15th anniversary special livery cars? They all have normal counterparts to use anyway.

Good point considering most of them you win just by completing a "white" lap ... you dont even have to reach bronze

1. It's based on the cost of the car. Some drivers, especially someone new to SNAIL, may not have done all the seasonal events to get those cars.

2. Races are 10 to 12 minutes for the purpose of getting the entire night of racing done in two hours. Dragonwhisky posted the reasoning for this a couple of pages back.

3. The 15th anniversary cars are more than special livery. They are tuned editions of cars that have a normal counterpart in the game.

General answer. Raising the cap to 2 million credits doesn't add a significant number of cars to the eligible list. If/When the cap is ever raised, it will be done at the start of a new season.

The top of the page post on this page has been linked in the SNAIL frequently used documents post. Link for that is in my signature. Everyone should take a look at this and book mark it. It's a great resource if you have any questions.

@JLBowler - That all makes sense. I wasn't trying to change the rules, just wanted to talk about it.

@chevron - How did you make that? That looks so badass! I wouldn't have the TV part but everything else is functional to me.

@JLBowler - That all makes sense. I wasn't trying to change the rules, just wanted to talk about it.

@chevron - How did you make that? That looks so badass! I wouldn't have the TV part but everything else is functional to me.

Discussion and debate is welcome around here. If you don't believe me, pick a page at random from the over 2,000 pages of this thread and you will probably run into a debate within five pages. It's how the league has evolved from one division running everything on racing softs to what we are today.

The price cap will probably be raised sometime but it needs to be worth it in terms of adding cars and everyone needs to be able to get credits quickly to spend on what could potentially be twice whatever the cap is in less than a week.

It appears to be some welding skills, some paint, and a purchased (or salvaged) seat. Of course there was help from a little brown dog as well.

Last edited:
1. It's based on the cost of the car. Some drivers, especially someone new to SNAIL, may not have done all the seasonal events to get those cars.

2. Races are 10 to 12 minutes for the purpose of getting the entire night of racing done in two hours. Dragonwhisky posted the reasoning for this a couple of pages back.

3. The 15th anniversary cars are more than special livery. They are tuned editions of cars that have a normal counterpart in the game.

General answer. Raising the cap to 2 million credits doesn't add a significant number of cars to the eligible list. If/When the cap is ever raised, it will be done at the start of a new season.

The top of the page post on this page has been linked in the SNAIL frequently used documents post. Link for that is in my signature. Everyone should take a look at this and book mark it. It's a great resource if you have any questions.

Cr 2,000,000 is potentially too steep for many racers, but for those who don't care....(smiley face) ...the stats says the following:

Cr 1,000,001 - 1,250,000 there are 17 cars of which the VW W12 Nardo '01 and Mazada Furai'08 jumps out as nice potentials
Cr 1,250,001 - 1,500,000 there are 22 Cars with Pagani Huayra '11 and '13 and NSX-R Prototype LM Race Car jumping out.
Cr 1,500,001 -2,000,000 there are 41 cars with Ferrari FXX '07, Delta Wing, Veyrons, and a whole bunch of LeMans Prototypes

So, raising the cap to Cr 2,000,000 will only add a total of 80 (but very nice...) cars

Cr 2,000,000 is potentially too steep for many racers, but for those who don't care....(smiley face) ...the stats says the following:

Cr 1,000,001 - 1,250,000 there are 17 cars of which the VW W12 Nardo '01 and Mazada Furai'08 jumps out as nice potentials
Cr 1,250,001 - 1,500,000 there are 22 Cars with Pagani Huayra '11 and '13 and NSX-R Prototype LM Race Car jumping out.
Cr 1,500,001 -2,000,000 there are 41 cars with Ferrari FXX '07, Delta Wing, Veyrons, and a whole bunch of LeMans Prototypes

So, raising the cap to Cr 2,000,000 will only add a total of 80 (but very nice...) cars

Where you see nice cars, I see the type of cars that have historically been one and done combos in SNAIL. Just another way of looking at it.

So you just bought metal frame at a Home Depot like store and welded it with your own equipment?

My buddy owns a metal shop and just threw me the keys for a couple of weeks. Took around 12hrs over that stretch.

I dreamed up the design and bought the steel tubing, then went to town cutting, welding, bending and painting! all of the components are mix of old/new; Logitech GT I've had forever, the seat was a used aftermarket from a friend, dell 24" 1080p monitor (new), Bose Wave stereo (used).

It's pretty adjustable too - having the seat separate from the monitor stand is great, more configurable, and the wide base on the stand keeps is from moving around AT ALL.

Hardest thing is getting the pedal/seat angles right - had to make a couple of adjustments after it was all put together to get the feel right!

And yes, that's my wiener(dog) in the pic, sry... :lol:

Speaking of great cars/combos. I ran the 550pp new seasonal with a stock RGT. I must say I was loving it. That car at trial mountain is a blast. Not easy but was getting some awesome drifts. Makes me want to run some RGT SPEC series:)

Back