◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,414 comments
I don't know how I managed to do it, but my managers approved my availability switch for Sunday, the busiest day of the week. I now have it set so I can't work past 8:30pm EST. This way I have time to get home, take care of some things, and get ready for racing. So with this and Wednesdays off I am in the Race Car Series, I'm in two SNAIL series full time. This feels good. How do most of you others manage to race almost every night of the week? Work from home? Older guys are retired?

Edit: The availability change starts the work of October 5th. For the September season we'll have to be lucky.
My wife works 3-11 on Sunday - Thursday nights and with my youngest being nearly 21 now, I can race all I want after I get home from work on the nights she works. :cheers:

Before the September season begins on Sunday night, I'd like to give a shout out to the August champions! While a complete summary of the points standings can be found here, I present to you the official August 2014 champions for each division:

Division 1
@LLOYDZELITE69 / LLOYDZ_ELITE69

Division 2
@Xradkins / Xrad-11

Division 3
@Daniel Setili / MaddDog28

Division 4
@chevron / chevron

Division 5
@CoachMK21 / CoachMK21

Division 6
@Rockhound18 / ShrumpRacer86

Division 7
@BayouSimDrifter / blueninjacivic

Congratulations to all seven of you! :cheers:

Before the September season begins on Sunday night, I'd like to give a shout out to the August champions! While a complete summary of the points standings can be found here, I present to you the official August 2014 champions for each division:

Division 1

Division 2
@Xradkins / Xrad-11

Division 3

Division 4
@chevron / chevron

Division 5
@CoachMK21 / CoachMK21

Division 6

Division 7

:P So beautiful ❤

Division 1

Division 2
@Xradkins / Xrad-11

Division 3

Division 4
@chevron / chevron

Division 5
@CoachMK21 / CoachMK21

Division 6

Division 7

my reaction

Division 1

Division 2
@Xradkins / Xrad-11

Division 3

Division 4
@chevron / chevron

Division 5
@CoachMK21 / CoachMK21

Division 6

Division 7

:cool:👍

Looks like our combos for September 7th 2014 are set.

Still need some pics and lap times for Rounds 1 and 2 so the banners can get made.

• Round 1 - Shelby Series One Super Charged '03 (Sport Medium tires) Dealer-486PP/319HP - Oil Change-493PP/335HP
    High Speed Ring Forward (?? race laps, ?? qualifying)​
  • Round 2 - Chevrolet Camaro SS Touring Car '10 (Race Hard tires)
    Indianapolis Road Course (?? race laps, ?? minutes qualifying)​
  • Round 3 - Volkswagen GTI Roadster Vision Gran Turismo (Sport Soft tires)
    Circuit De Spa Francorchamps (5 Race laps, 8 minutes qualifying)​

I think I've got the tires for the Shelby correct. @JLBowler to refute if necessary?

Great combo...

practice for?

Practice for Sunday night's combos.

• Round 1 - Shelby Series One Super Charged '03 (Sport Medium tires) Dealer-486PP/319HP - Oil Change-493PP/335HP
    High Speed Ring Forward (?? race laps, ?? qualifying)
    Indianapolis Road Course (?? race laps, ?? minutes qualifying)
    Circuit De Spa Francorchamps (5 Race laps, 8 minutes qualifying)

my work gave me sunday and monday off so therefore i can be here every week, but sometimes on sundays i have plans so i just dont race
I thought you were going to race the Mazdaspeed today?
The winner was doing 1:56.8xx !!

Just saw your other post.

Last edited:
I don't know how I managed to do it, but my managers approved my availability switch for Sunday, the busiest day of the week. I now have it set so I can't work past 8:30pm EST. This way I have time to get home, take care of some things, and get ready for racing. So with this and Wednesdays off I am in the Race Car Series, I'm in two SNAIL series full time. This feels good. How do most of you others manage to race almost every night of the week? Work from home? Older guys are retired?

Edit: The availability change starts the work of October 5th. For the September season we'll have to be lucky.

Just don't get married, have kids. Get a decent paying 8-6 job. And have off on the weekends:) Hooray for me:sly:

Just don't get married, have kids. Get a decent paying 8-6 job. And have off on the weekends:) Hooray for me:sly:

Or get a job where you are your own boss. I maintain rental houses, substitute teach, and umpire/referee sports. I work when I want to for the most part. I have either developed or earned skills/degrees that allow me to do what I want to when I want to more or less. I could choose to race every night of the week but I love what I do to make money so I choose to do that quite a bit. The more I do those things, the more money I make and that is a good thing for everybody concerned. My wife would much rather have me sitting at home racing than out playing softball (read drinking beer) four nights a week so I get whatever equipment I want for my racing hobby. It's really a good setup if you can get it.

Practice for Sunday night's combos.

High Speed Ring Forward (?? race laps, ?? qualifying)
    Indianapolis Road Course (?? race laps, ?? minutes qualifying)
    Circuit De Spa Francorchamps (5 Race laps, 8 minutes qualifying)

Proposal for laps and qually's :

Combo 1: Looks like the Shelby is running approximately 1:11.5xx for 9 race laps and 5 min Qually
Combo 2: The Camaro is around the 1:30.xxx mark for 7 race laps and 7 min Qually
Combo 3: The Beetle's baby brother worked well on 5 laps 8 min qually last time around.

Last edited:
gS2gZOE.png

How to file a Racing Incident Report

This process has been adapted from the GTP OLR Rules (Section 17), but simplified, automated and made more applicable to our league. Failure to use the The S.N.A.I.L Incident Report (IR) Submission Form will result in your IR not being accepted as "official". Therefore, do not expect any action to be taken, if you don't use the form. Additionally, if the data you provide is inaccurate in any way, round, race, lap numbers, but especially, timestamps, your incident report will be invalidated, the IR will be annotated and shown here, and you will risk fish slaps and ridicule on the main thread, and, more certainly, the ire of the steward corp.

All racing incident reports must follow this procedure:
  1. All incident reports must be submitted at The S.N.A.I.L Incident Report (IR) Submission Form, by 11pm Eastern / 8pm Pacific on Monday night
    • Multiple incidents will be entered as separate submissions.
      • Do not group distinctly separate incidents together, in one form entry.
    • When self reporting an incident, enter your ID in both driver fields.
      • If you like, you may forward a copy of your notification to the driver you commited an infraction against. Recommend using GTPlanet's messaging system.
  2. Our stewards will then review the reported incident(s) and determine what penalties, if any, are appropriate.
    In case the procedure regarding race incidents is not followed and the driver decides to discuss the racing incident in public here on the S.N.A.I.L. forum, the driver may be given a warning or an infraction (in case of repetition or blunt accusations) by one of the S.N.A.I.L. admins.

PLEASE NOTE: If you are the driver an incident report is filed against, feel free to tell "your side of the story" to your Division Steward so that he can relay it to the rest of the stewards who will be reviewing the incident. There is no need to reply to the driver who filed the complaint against you unless you want to and are able to do so in a completely non-confrontational manner.
Yes I agree to these terms

Proposal for laps and qually's :

Combo 1: Looks like the Shelby is running approximately 1:11.5xx for 9 race laps and 5 min Qually
Combo 2: The Camaro is around the 1:30.xxx mark for 7 race laps and 7 min Qually
Combo 3: The Beetle's baby brother worked well on 5 laps 8 min qually last time around.

That would make Combo 2 only 7.5 minutes. Shouldn't it be closer to 10 like the others? 8 Laps would be 9 minutes. And everyone always says they could use one more lap lol.

Back