◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,412 comments
12488868968141.jpg

The replay folders will be going offline shortly after the 8pm deadline tonight for maintenance by the handsome guy pictured above (@Dragonwhisky). If you are the replay uploader for your division, please be sure to have your replays uploaded before the scheduled maintenance. Otherwise, your division will be ineligible for prizes.
I knew his legs where wheels:sly::lol:

D1's votes will not be counted in they don't get results in before the results have to be posted by zer05ive. I don't know if that will change anything or not with which combo goes or stays.
D1, who logged the votes for you guys? We need the scores too please!

Last edited:

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on September 7, 2014

If you believe that another driver exhibited poor racecraft or is guilty of an S.N.A.I.L. OLR violation, please file a Racing Incident Report by 11pm Eastern / 8pm Pacific tonight. Be sure to follow the instructions precisely or your submission might not be addressed! If you're undecided on whether or not you should file an incident, please remember that clean racing is not only your right, it's also your responsibility and something that we all need to be accountable for. 👍

Click here for this season's points standings and scroll down for comprehensive race data

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to retrieve it

Division 1
  1. Hydromatos22 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1 - 87 (69.90 for prize purposes only)
  2. PTslopoke --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. martin20az -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. dgafaboutany1420 -- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. kross_24 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. Juicybeans916 ----- did not submit a vote
  9. LLOYDZ_ELITE69 ---- did not submit a vote

Division 2
  1. Oshawa-Joe -------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 91 (66.76 for prize purposes only)
  2. Gouletzky --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. Rednose58 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. ConnorWolf -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. serge_1919 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. sprintr64 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 3

Division 3
  1. nmcp1 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 75 (91.70 for Prize B)
  2. DrKronin ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. GTP_Falango ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. jlbowler ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. TheNoseKnows__ ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. turnupdaheat ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. Sand__68 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. Ice_Warden -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. Schmiggz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. AJK-VAIL ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  11. zii1993 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  12. Unleashed159 ------ did not submit a vote

Division 4
  1. Roman_SPQR -------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 87 (ineligible for prizes)
  2. FloptaStr8 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. CAPECOD104 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. GTP_Patrick1 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. gotdirt410sp ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. Grandpas_Money ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. tcrash15 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. lfarris3 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. GrimGrnninGhost --- voted to eliminate Round 3
  11. chevron ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  12. Fallen_log -------- did not submit a vote
  13. alienunleashed25 -- did not submit a vote
  14. GTP_RACECAR ------- did not submit a vote
  15. Drrgreenthumb67 --- did not submit a vote

Division 5
  1. GTP_Vertigo ------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 86 (69.10 for prize purposes only)
  2. Volcoman3 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. II-NOVA-II -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. CoachMK21 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. Wardenclyffe ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. reigninblood1975 -- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. Biebs74 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. DesertPenguin09 --- did not submit a vote

Division 6
  1. ShrumpRacer86 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 86 (99.14 for Prize A)
  2. euclid58 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. MajorBlixem ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. John-Rambo_4g ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. Joe_DiBen --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. USERID_77a23 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. goofytyler1995 ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. HandlebarMustash -- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. nobbymcnobberson -- voted to eliminate Round 3
  11. dexxy ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1

Division 7
  1. jay-c2000 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 93 (prize nullified due to D7 scores missing deadline)
  2. racingchamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. blueninjacivic ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. singlepaddy ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. C3boo ------------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. Piler ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. JakeDog23 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. TBongX ------------ did not submit a vote
  9. brendan7_ --------- did not submit a vote
  10. cmbeal317 --------- did not submit a vote
  11. Skills_19657 ------ did not submit a vote
  12. RustyGunzz -------- did not submit a vote

Division 8
  1. aeroliteflight ---- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 96 (87.20 for Prize C)
  2. QEDXY ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. SHOCKY_WELLHELL --- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. Mr_Smile ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. Ebishiop ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. McTrucker000 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. dcschwinn --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. flesxruoyxllik ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. Glowplug007 ------- did not submit a vote
  10. vsfit ------------- did not submit a vote
  11. Draxom84 ---------- did not submit a vote
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - Shelby Series One Super Charged '03 Dealer (Sport Medium tires) at High Speed Ring Forward (9 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @Rockhound18 wins Prize A, they get to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - Volkswagen GTI Roadster Vision Gran Turismo (Sport Soft tires) at Circuit De Spa Francorchamps (5 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @nmcp1 gets Prize B, he has the option to "freeze" the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the "freeze" away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @aerolite so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review some data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated,so picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more importantis that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, no car you select should not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in the draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to select the Amuse Superlegara for your car, post "Amuse Nismo 380 RS Superlagara". If you want to select Monza for a track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". This makes it much easier for the lineup to be updated accurately and also prevents confusing other league members as to which car or track you are selecting. Also, please be sure to list the PP and HP (after oil change) of any car you select.

Car Selection Guidelines
Dealership Cars - The maximum price for a selected car is now $1,000,000
DLC Cars - Only DLC cars that are FREE and currently still available in the PlayStation Store can be selected.

Track Selection Guidelines
Any non-DLC track can be selected as long as a single lap with the car combo'd with it would not take more than five minutes to complete. For example, don't select anything that includes the Nurburgring's Nordschleife.

Last edited:
Last edited:
(Proposed/provisional series in development)

snail6b-jpg.219664

We are looking for a few good men from each division to join us for a test race day (three races) tonight at 10:00 eastern. We have tested and have settled on a ballast system to handicap all divisions and we are now ready to try it out under "race conditions". Room will be public and labeled SNAIL SPEC MIATA TEST.

Spec Miata
is a class of racing car used in Sports Car Club of America (SCCA), National Auto Sport Association (NASA), and Midwestern Council of Sports Car Clubs (MCSCC)road racing events.

The Actual Spec Miata (SM) class is intended to provide the opportunity to compete in low-cost cars with limited modifications, suitable for racing competition. It is intended to encourage low cost, entry level, production car based competition. Spec Miata currently races both sprints and enduros where available. The SNAIL Miata Series will provide that opportunity to Virtual Racers. The intent of this series is to provide good clean wheel to wheel for all divisions at the same time. While it is unlikely that a Division 8 driver could win over a Division 1 driver, even with the healthy ballast system imposed, it will be possible for divisional overlap provided by the ballast system to provide everybody with somebody to race!

The Cars
Eunos Roadster
(NA Special Package) 89'
and
Mazda Roadster Touring Car

Spec Miata

Max Power:123
Weight:940 KG (plus ballast )
Sports Hard
Mazda Spec Roadster Touring Car
Max Power:234
Weight:795 KG (plus ballast)
Racing Hard
(TUNING PROHIBITED EXCEPT FOR BALLAST)

This is a test but we will have fun racing. We need to see how the handicaps hold up throughout a nights racing and will do this at least one more time.

All who participate will be added to the Miata Letter to keep you up to date.

A public THANK YOU to all of the guys who have tested driven, contributed ideas, and just plain supported this effort.

See some of you tonight. If we have a full room we will attempt to open a second.

Cheers and Check 6

I'll be there if I can get in the room.

Ok- I see the rules and the general happenings- do I just send nail a friend request and join the room at 10? Sorry- it's my 2nd day
Right under the banner it says Room will be public and labelled Snail Spec Miata Test, so just go into the lobby and look for that room.

I would like to join

@Zspark23

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below. Now if you've actually read this, post a :dunce: on the main thread.

6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

That's D8 they are in:D
It is my bad that results are not in.
Crap. Sorry. Yeah. You and CMBeal and the rest of the D7 crew. Get me the finishing positions and I'll get them entered before I copy the sheets up to the results doc. The lack of the last round scoring ganked up D7's chances at a prize.

Crap. Sorry. Yeah. You and CMBeal and the rest of the D7 crew. Get me the finishing positions and I'll get them entered before I copy the sheets up to the results doc. The lack of the last round scoring ganked up D7's chances at a prize.
Yeah I am really sorry I was out of line leaving like that and I am working to get the result to enter. Again really sorry.

So is everything good with D8 replay uploads then??

12488868968141.jpg

Is beginning. If you are listed on the TEAM SNAIL roster (don't have the link at the moment) as a replay uploader, you will be getting an email, to your registered address, regarding access to your respective Replay Folder tonight at some point. Another notice will be posted when maintenance is complete. If you are a replay uploader and haven't received and email at that time, please PM me

So is everything good with D8 replay uploads then??
Yes. They have been moved to the steward's folder and you should have permissions on that folder at the completion of maintenance.

12488868968141.jpg

Is beginning. If you are listed on the TEAM SNAIL roster (don't have the link at the moment) as a replay uploader, you will be getting an email, to your registered address, regarding access to your respective Replay Folder tonight at some point. Another notice will be posted when maintenance is complete. If you are a replay uploader and haven't received and email at that time, please PM me

Yes. They have been moved to the steward's folder and you should have permissions on that folder at the completion of maintenance.
Again will have Scoring in shortly. Mowing a lawn at the moment.

Which One? we already tested there.. It really hurts the cars with weight..

It's fun with both. Personally the eunos would be better because it isn't as point and shoot plus Tsukuba is a tighter, smaller course with tricky corners.

EDIT: you weren't talking to me :lol:

It's fun with both. Personally the eunos would be better because it isn't as point and shoot plus Tsukuba is a tighter, smaller course with tricky corners.

EDIT: you weren't talking to me :lol:

Tsukuba actually sucks in the eunos because of the people who have to have added weight dont have the acceleration out of the corners.

Back