◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,417 comments
Are we going to do this again? Stop trying to publicly try Incidents on this thread. If you see OLR infractions, no matter who you are, report them. They don't have to have affected you, for you to report them.
But if you didn't even see one happen? If you have to go through replays to find something then it's over the top.

I haven't watched any replays to know if whatever you're on about is "over the top " as you say. You are free to hit that reply to all button, or just reply to your steward, and tell your side. Since it is highly encouraged for everyone to save their replays and review them prior to filing an IR, it is also implied by my statement in the previous post, drivers are within their rights to file things they see are against the OLR, whether they were involved or not. The only limitation there is, is the deadline to file by 11:00PM Eastern.

Last minute call to arms for Monday Night Miata testing.
Along with the use of boost we are going to try another model year of Miata for drivers in D 7&8.

So we need some Guys and girls from 7&8 as well as many others to come to Miata testing tonight at @ 10:00 Eastern

Look for Miata Testing most likely with a recuperating Vertigo as host. Track will be Laguna Seca.

We plan to run through a normal Monday Night routine of 2 Miata Races and one longer Miata TC race.

Fun Pack Racing will be had by all

I haven't watched any replays to know if whatever you're on about is "over the top " as you say. You are free to hit that reply to all button, or just reply to your steward, and tell your side. Since it is highly encouraged for everyone to save their replays and review them prior to filing an IR, it is also implied by my statement in the previous post, drivers are within their rights to file things they see are against the OLR, whether they were involved or not. The only limitation there is, is the deadline to file by 11:00PM Eastern.
Is that 11 pm est today? I work second shift and won't be home til 1 am est.

Along with the use of boost we are going to try another model year of Miata for drivers in D 7&8.

So we need some Guys and girls from 7&8 as well as many others to come to Miata testing tonight at @ 10:00 Eastern

Look for Miata Testing most likely with a recuperating Vertigo as host. Track will be Laguna Seca.

We plan to run through a normal Monday Night routine of 2 Miata Races and one longer Miata TC race.

Count me in for tonight's Miata races. Which miata's are we running?

Anyone interested in seeing a 2:16.154 best lap/ghost replay of the NSX at Silverstone [offline]?
This car for me is much faster at quali pace than race pace. It's too sketchy to push that hard with traffic or risk going off or cutting too much. I don't think I even managed a 2:18.1 in the race last night, even with a clear track ahead.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74764581/NSX_Silverstone.zip

Also based on what people in D2 were saying last night people might be interested in seeing a 1:16.236 in the S2k at Autumn Ring [also offline]. Keeping the car wayy up in the Revs helps a lot. The car makes power almost to 12krpm, and shifting high puts you higher up in the powerband when you do shift. This car is a lot closer to qualifying pace during the race because it likes to be pushed hard all the time and is quite stable.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74764581/S2K_AutumnRing.zip

Anyone interested in seeing a 2:16.154 best lap/ghost replay of the NSX at Silverstone [offline]?
This car for me is much faster at quali pace than race pace. It's too sketchy to push that hard with traffic or risk going off or cutting too much. I don't think I even managed a 2:18.1 in the race last night, even with a clear track ahead.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74764581/NSX_Silverstone.zip

Also based on what people in D2 were saying last night people might be interested in seeing a 1:16.236 in the S2k at Autumn Ring [also offline]. Keeping the car wayy up in the Revs helps a lot. The car makes power almost to 12krpm, and shifting high puts you higher up in the powerband when you do shift. This car is a lot closer to qualifying pace during the race because it likes to be pushed hard all the time and is quite stable.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74764581/S2K_AutumnRing.zip

If you would do your practicing online as opposed to offline, you wouldn't see such a big difference. There are a few factors that make online different from offline. Most people will be quite a bit faster running offline as opposed to online. Some have even reported a difference in lap times when running in a room alone and running in a room with others. That and the other differences between online and offline are likely attributed to online latency and there isn't much anyone can do about that.

If you would do your practicing online as opposed to offline, you wouldn't see such a big difference. There are a few factors that make online different from offline. Most people will be quite a bit faster running offline as opposed to online. Some have even reported a difference in lap times when running in a room alone and running in a room with others. That and the other differences between online and offline are likely attributed to online latency and there isn't much anyone can do about that.

This was my greatest hurdle when starting S.N.A.I.L. Practicing offline and racing online was bad, bad, bad for me.

This was my greatest hurdle when starting S.N.A.I.L. Practicing offline and racing online was bad, bad, bad for me.
Yeah. HUGE difference. I've experienced 2-almost 3 second differences in time. I've also noticed the "alone" vs "many" room factor. I get the online/offline discrepancy but the alone versus several I don't get.

Some think it has to do with offline not factoring in the weight of the fuel. I do the weekly Time Trials and can never match my offline time when I am online. However if I run the car online with low fuel and get fresh tires, the times get very close.

Last edited:
JoeW's remarks regarding incidents and friendship cemented something that's been knocking around in the back of my head for months. It seems now is an appropriate time to put it down in writing and toss it out there for others to agree, disagree or discount, as they please.

This comes from Dragonwhisky the SNAIL driver, not, Dragonwhisky the Steward, Chief or otherwise.

I have never been one who is willing to self report. Let me explain.

In the event that I commit an infraction against our OLR, I want whomever I injured to care enough about their own race to report me for it. I want full value for my mistake, honest or otherwise. If I'm to get a half point modifier applied, I want it to be because I made my apology with my car, on the track. I make it my mission, if I should hit somebody or commit some other offense, I make amends for it as immediately as is safe to do so without affecting anyone further. If I'm to pass you, I, by God, don't want to do it unless I can leave no doubt in your mind that I beat you fair and square. I expect the same from those that pass me. For anyone that might take offense to my use of the word God, I can only say, suck it up, it is not my intent to give offense, but I will not retract the phrase, as it has the impact I wish it to have, at least in my mind.

For those who think friendship should come before race-craft, sportsmanship and gentlemanly/ladylike behavior, I have this to say. I have many friends that stem solely from my involvement in Gran Turismo and/or SNAIL. Some might think this sad to admit, but the count for whom I consider friends here is higher than those I can count outside SNAIL and Gran Turismo. Should I be racing against those friends and allow myself to descend to poor race-craft, bad sportsmanship or ungentlemanly behavior, I want those friends to let me know I did. If for instance, one of my best and longest standing friends, met through GT, but before I joined SNAIL, @OwensRacing by GTPID, were to file an IR against me, not only would it have more weight than someone I just met, it would hurt more. It would be that shot to the chin that tells me I was being an asshat and my actions were not called for. It would mean I ignored what I agreed to abide by, and, more importantly to me anyway, I ignored all that he taught me and pretty much spit on the example he set for me to follow. It would also likely mean he sees me differently, which is to say, thinks less of me, and that would cost me more than any racing penalty possibly could. If Jeff were to see my name on the Steward Summary, it would have the same effect.

All that accounted for however, if there is one person I would want to have to tuck my chin and take a shot to the face, because I was being a jerk, Jeff Owens would be that friend.

SNAIL and Gran Turismo is what brought us all together, it is not what keeps us together.

Let the popcorn be popped and beer be drank. I'm sadly scotchless on this night with a blizzard of IRs descending.

Dragonwhisky out.

JoeW's remarks regarding incidents and friendship cemented something that's been knocking around in the back of my head for months. It seems now is an appropriate time to put it down in writing and toss it out there for others to agree, disagree or discount, as they please.

This comes from Dragonwhisky the SNAIL driver, not, Dragonwhisky the Steward, Chief or otherwise.

In the event that I commit an infraction against our OLR, I want whomever I injured to care enough about their own race to report me for it. I want full value for my mistake, honest or otherwise. If I'm to get a half point modifier applied, I want it to be because I made my apology with my car, on the track. I make it my mission, if I should hit somebody or commit some other offense, I make amends for it as immediately as is safe to do so without affecting anyone further. If I'm to pass you, I, by God, don't want to do it unless I can leave no doubt in your mind that I beat you fair and square. I expect the same from those that pass me. For anyone that might take offense to my use of the word God, I can only say, suck it up, it is not my intent to give offense, but I will not retract the phrase, as it has the impact I wish it to have, at least in my mind.

For those who think friendship should come before race-craft, sportsmanship and gentlemanly/ladylike behavior, I have this to say. I have many friends that stem solely from my involvement in Gran Turismo and/or SNAIL. Some might think this sad to admit, but the count for whom I consider friends here is higher than those I can count outside SNAIL and Gran Turismo. Should I be racing against those friends and allow myself to descend to poor race-craft, bad sportsmanship or ungentlemanly behavior, I want those friends to let me know I did. If for instance, one of my best and longest standing friends, met through GT, but before I joined SNAIL, @OwensRacing by GTPID, were to file an IR against me, not only would it have more weight than someone I just met, it would hurt more. It would be that shot to the chin that tells me I was being an asshat and my actions were not called for. It would mean I ignored what I agreed to abide by, and, more importantly to me anyway, I ignored all that he taught me and pretty much spit on the example he set for me to follow. It would also likely mean he sees me differently, which is to say, thinks less of me, and that would cost me more than any racing penalty possibly could. If Jeff were to see my name on the Steward Summary, it would have the same effect.

All that accounted for however, if there is one person I would want to have to tuck my chin and take a shot to the face, because I was being a jerk, Jeff Owens would be that friend.

SNAIL and Gran Turismo is what brought us all together, it is not what keeps us together.

Let the popcorn be popped and beer be drank. I'm sadly scotchless on this night with a blizzard of IRs descending.

Dragonwhisky out.

My name is Piler, and I approve this message.

I just downloaded the Google sheets app and that works fine. Just doesn't make sense why the Google drive app does that.

That is what I was talking about earlier when I asked if you downloaded Google Sheets/Docs or Drive from the Play store? The apps are weird, some are better than going into Chrome Or IE and some aren't worth a 🤬.. But you can get to everything now though?

Dragonwhisky out.
**Drops mic**

Dragonwhisky out.

Same for me Dragon, the only incident report that was against me out of the year and a half i been with SNAIL is when i was in one of the higher divisions earlier this year and i ended up bumping into Exosphere on the track, did an on track concession of waiting to let him know it was me. If i ever shown bad racecraft on the track at all, report me because it will help to have me improve my lap times, braking distance and more better on the track. I cannot thank Zero, Handle bar and others enough for that invitation i got to SNAIL last year. Have developed friendships that will last a lifetime. Even though we all are either miles or countries apart, the same remains to Race in a clean, competitive way.

My time in the S2K was only .4 slower online compared to more than two seconds in the NSX. I think that most of it had to do with my lack of confidence in traffic and under pressure with the NSX, and maybe the .4 in the S2K was more to do with latency. The laps look similar to me (my 1:16.2 vs my 1:16.6 in the S2K) But I do also notice a little bit of difference, that's why I pointed out they were offline times :)

But, I could be wrong and stuff like this might not be useful to anyone. *shrug*

I do think it would be better to practice online, but It's a habit of mine to stay up way too late and practice when nobody is around to join a lobby lol.

D8. Sent friend request. Will join tonight if able to.

Thanks

Dragonwhisky out.
I reported myself only because no one else reported me. Even if I had no control over the situation at hand. And if I self report take full points not just half. I'm here to learn not to be a division champ. I want to move up

S.N.A.I.L Pack Racing is live

Room ID: 1472-6681-3415-7082-7876

D1-D5 Will be using the Eunos roadster J limited. Its the only other premium NA miata. Specs are 123hp/357PP/950kg

Latest Posts

Back