◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,412 comments
Monday Night Miata Test Session Recap.

We had a good session tonight running Three different tacks with a good cross section of divisions represented. The Monday Night Miatas are a step closer to our launch which we anticipate to be the first Monday in October.

A special thanks to the 10 of you who helped us tonight

We will shortly be posting registration and series information.
Stay tuned.

On a different subject here is a perfect example of what SNAIL is all about. Below is a picture taken at the Nordschliefe. Wheel to wheel are two SNAILS going 180 per at the end of the straight...who is going to lift...we'll never tell.
image.jpg

Hi There,

I like the sound of your racing any chance I can join.

Cheers

@Fieldy01

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below. Now if you've actually read this, post a :dunce: in this thread.

6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

I would like to join snail. I've been looking for a place to race other people online with out shenanigans.

@D1_Driver_83

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below. Now if you've actually read this, post a :dunce: in this thread.

6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Does anyone know if they fixed the random sound problem? Looked online and didn't see any updates on hotfixes.

All of the updates that has been released, this is the one that drives me crazy. I can live with random disconnects, a track or two not working etc.
They haven't fixed it yet, but the whole Sunday night I didn't experience a problem. Thankfully!

I would like to join snail. I've been looking for a place to race other people online with out shenanigans.
Welcome and it was a pleasure talking with you last night during the Miata Test ...really glad you made the effort to join. Like I said last night... See you on the track!

Does anyone know if they fixed the random sound problem? Looked online and didn't see any updates on hotfixes.

All of the updates that has been released, this is the one that drives me crazy. I can live with random disconnects, a track or two not working etc.
Last nights Pack Racing test was plagued with various combinations of no engine sound, no tire sound, no engine or tire sounds,pits that "captured" your car ,and the occasional DC.
The "pit glitch" needs exploring because SNAIL and lots of others have races with pit stops. Vertigo pitted his Miata TC for tires...and watched the entire pack go by twice. His car was never "released " from the pits no matter what buttons he mashed.He finally exited the race. This may have been a unique problem...or not. That is what we need to find out.

Suggestion for prize B winner for a car at Silverstone GP.
Stielow Engineering Camaro.
Requires alot of patience on braking and throttle control on exits, but is a blast to drive. Car can be painted and numbers can added.
$750,000.
591pp/ 818hp
Sport softs
Give it a try. Could make for a challenging combo.

Shameless double post:

This was the first try for the header for SNAIL Pack Racing. Vertigo, who can't spell, deemed it to be toooooo long. He really ought to stay in his pool ( techky and driving) and I'll stay in mine ( empty?).

The hardest thing for a driver to do is "get experience". Time Trialing is very helpful in developing lines and braking points, but the minute you throw in a co-speed competitor, all planning and lines vanish as reality sets in. Normal SPEC racing is much more helpful,but often there is no one of your ability/speed for you to race with and you just end up Time Trialing with other unseen people.

What you will find here is THE ANSWER to getting that "Door to Door" experience...in large doses in a CLEAN Racing environment !

To accomplish that goal we have picked easy to drive, fun to drive cars, and have added weak boost to them. Boost provides "an assist" to all drivers behind the leader based on their distance from the leader. The farther back you are the more "help" you get. Lesser skilled drivers may not even notice the difference as they "magically" reel in the lead pack. The closer you get, the less assistance you get until you reach a point where the boost no longer can get you any closer without your help. It will not "magically" make you win. It WILL get you to a point where, with good race craft, you can dice for position. This will also aid faster drivers if they "fall off" in regaining the race. Note: Boost is turned off on the last lap.

The overall intent of this series is to provide good clean wheel to wheel racing for all divisions at the same time. While it is unlikely that a Division 8 driver could win over a Division 1 driver, even with the boost system enabled, it has been demonstrated that divisional overlap provided by boost system will provide everybody with somebody to race with!

Back