◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,415 comments
@Wolfsatz That sucks about your wheel. I don't now what damage was done to the wheel beyond the photos but I may be able to help you out with the parts to get you back on the road.

2 laps to go with Kadrek on my tail and my wheel breaks off. Went from 1st to savage a 6th place finish driving with the paddle shifters.

Have you ever taken those hex bolts off the center? All 6 of then snapping like that makes me wonder if they have been over tightened? Hope you can find a replacement center cap. If you have 6 washers you can pop those bolts off and run the bolts through the washers to reattach it for a temp fix. If you can manage that, I'd turn the FFB way down because the torque and vibrations would make the wheels shift on rotation, since the holes in the wheel are far bigger diameter than the bolts.

D5 Action Pack

Respectfull start with @kadrek and @JJLopez427 leading the pack. JJ drove like a true Memo Rojas with the Scirocco.

@kadrek and JJ Fighting it off side to side on the 1st lap

Spy Agent... leaves the door open and @Wolfsatz regains 3rd place

@chatva lurking behind awaiting for a spin up between @Wolfsatz and @JJLopez427

SpyAgent blocks the inside too tight and @Wolfsatz completes an outside pass at the hairpin

@chatva following @JJLopez427 and Wolf

The Snail Train is Back

Side to Side with @kadrek Turn 1 Lap 2 no contact

The only way to pass him @kadrek was for him to make a mistake

Wolf leading the pack

@chatva setting up for the pass

@kadrek charges back and starts to gain on me...

... but then gets loose

The closest the pack was at lap 1 with @kadrek leading the way

@Spy gets loose around Wellington straight and @reigningblood takes the spot

D5 around Luffeld Corner

@chatva followed by Spy, @reigninblood and Nova

@kadrek leading around Club Corner

The Wolf

SpyAgent I dont know what his GTP name is

Old buddy @chatva. Great to see you buddy

@kadrek ended up with a 10 second lead. Someone tell me why he is in D5?

The Wolf just maintaining 2nd place with @JJLopez427 in 3rd

@reigninblood thanks for Hosting.

2 laps to go with Kadrek on my tail and my wheel breaks off. Went from 1st to savage a 6th place finish driving with the paddle shifters.
Nice pics!! It's been too long! :D

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on September 28, 2014

Click here for this season's points standings and scroll down for comprehensive race data

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to retrieve it

Division 1
  1. LLOYDZ_ELITE69 ---- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 84 (75.87 for prize purposes only)
  2. martin20az -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. PTslopoke --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. dgafaboutany1420 -- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. Hydromatos22 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. Proper_t11 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. msgt-sd ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. Nic-KL ------------ did not submit a vote

Division 2
  1. ConnorWolf -------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 86 (76.09 for prize purposes only)
  2. Rednose58 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. GTP_XR_RACER_11 --- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. Gouletzky --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. Oshawa-Joe -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. serge_1919 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. sprintr64 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 1

Division 3
  1. GTP_Falango ------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 90 (77.97 for prize purposes only)
  2. turnupdaheat ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. nmcp1 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. TheNoseKnows__ ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. Sand__68 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. jlbowler ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. Zspark ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. Schmiggz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2

Division 4
  1. tcrash15 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 83 (81.09 for prize purposes only)
  2. chevron ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. gotdirt410sp ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. CAPECOD104 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. Grandpas_Money ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. GTP_Patrick1 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. FloptaStr8 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. EvoSpec10 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2

Division 5
  1. Volcoman3 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 87 (75.37 for prize purposes only)
  2. Wolfsatz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. JJLopez_427 ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. reigninblood1975 -- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. spyagent1439 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. chatva ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. MaDDstAR116 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. II-NOVA-II -------- voted to eliminate Round 3

Division 6
  1. euclid58 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 74.1 (98.34 for Prize B)
  2. drb1269247 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. MajorBlixem ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. USERID_77a23 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. pkenuelo ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. John-Rambo_4g ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. nobbymcnobberson -- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. TomMang_68 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. Nail-27 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  11. HandlebarMustash -- voted to eliminate Round 3
  12. Joe_DiBen --------- did not submit a vote
  13. goofytyler1995 ---- voted to eliminate Round 3

Division 7
  1. cmbeal317 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 92 (100.06 for Prize A)
  2. blueninjacivic ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. singlepaddy ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. TBongX ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. Skills_19657 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. Piler ------------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. racingchamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. brendan7_ --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. D1_driver_83 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. awsisme ----------- did not submit a vote

Division 8
  1. aeroliteflight ---- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 89 (96.79 for Prize C)
  2. QEDXY ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. EBishiop ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. McTrucker000 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. Ogg_42 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. Ch11chcftzp ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. SHOCKY_WELLHELL --- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. dcschwinn --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. vsfit ------------- did not submit a vote
  10. chickensmasher15 -- voted to eliminate Round 1
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - Volkswagen Scirocco R '10 (Sport Hard tires) at Twin Ring Motegi Road Course (5 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @cmbeal317 wins Prize A, they get to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - Spoon S2000 '00 (Race Hard tires) at Autumn Ring (8 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @euclid58 gets Prize B, he has the option to "freeze" the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the "freeze" away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @aerolite so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history or other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated,so picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more importantis that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, no car you select should not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in the draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to select the Amuse Superlegara for your car, post "Amuse Nismo 380 RS Superlagara". If you want to select Monza for a track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". This makes it much easier for the lineup to be updated accurately and also prevents confusing other league members as to which car or track you are selecting. Also, please be sure to list the PP and HP (after oil change) of any car you select.

Car Selection Guidelines
Dealership Cars - The maximum price for a selected car is now $1,000,000
DLC Cars - Only DLC cars that are FREE and currently still available in the PlayStation Store can be selected.

Track Selection Guidelines
Any non-DLC track can be selected as long as a single lap with the car combo'd with it would not take more than five minutes to complete. For example, don't select anything that includes the Nurburgring's Nordschleife.

Last edited:
StewardsUpdate.png

This week's prize winners are clear to make their selections. Good racing!

IR Submission Form is now closed.

We have 10 incidents on file. Deadline for reviews is NLT 10PM Eastern on Friday, October 3rd, 2014.

Banners by @dabneyd

Last edited:
@Wolfsatz - Check out this video. It looks like all you need is the plastic piece that goes over the rim. I'd post over in the "Sim Racing Hardware" section and see if anyone can hook you up with one. I'm sure someone will have modded a G27 and had that piece leftover. :)

I'd send you the one from mine as I was considering changing the wheel, though that is on hold until I find out if PS4 will ever support Logitech wheels. :(

@Wolfsatz - Check out this video. It looks like all you need is the plastic piece that goes over the rim. I'd post over in the "Sim Racing Hardware" section and see if anyone can hook you up with one. I'm sure someone will have modded a G27 and had that piece leftover. :)

I'd send you the one from mine as I was considering changing the wheel, though that is on hold until I find out if PS4 will ever support Logitech wheels. :(

Sweet! It seems that the only damage was the center piece which is only plastic. Thanks for the video.

No love for the Royals ? Its been 29 years !! This town is going crazy. I know I'm excited .. Now they just have to beat Jon Lester and Oakland on Tuesday , at least its a home game . C'mon Royals !

Was on Baseball almanac looking at some things and discovered to my horror that the '79 AL West did not end in a tie like I said.. Not sure why I was thinking that..mind is slipping I guess.. But the race for the title with KC was fairly intense though. When it ended I shipped out to one of my first jobs to refurbish a motel up in Auburn Ca. and watched the playoffs and WSCS at smorgasboard up there on Watt Ave.

SNAIL Trivia Question: Who's the only guy that joined SNAIL on the very first page of this thread and still races every Sunday night? (and in the process has logged more SNAIL Sunday nights than anyone else)

Answer: @cmbeal317, that's who!!

Chris, congrats on winning Prize A!! Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy! :cheers:

Thanks @zer05ive! :cheers:

I've said it before, and I'll say it once again; S.N.A.I.L. is by far the best community in sim racing I've ever come across! I also think that joining almost 3 years ago is one of the best decisions I've ever made! I also don't think I'm leaving anytime soon! Long live S.N.A.I.L.!

As for my combo choice, I'm not 100% sure yet; but it'll definitely be something we've never raced before!

Results - Division 2 - September 28, 2014

Pole positions
Round 1 : serge_1919 2:15.700 @serge19
Round 2 : XR_RACER_11 1:17.840 @XR_RACER_11
Round 3 : ConnorWolf 1:51.734 @ConnorWolf
Triple Crown Not Tonight

Podium Finishes / Fast Laps

Round 1 Race 1 :
Gold : ConnorWolf 11:30.310 @ConnorWolf
Silver : serge_1919 11:32.285 @serge19
Bronze : dragonwhisky 11:33.289 @Dragonwhisky
Fast Lap: ConnorWolf 2:16.306 @ConnorWolf

Round 1 Race 2 :
Gold : Oshawa-Joe 11:36.468 @Oshawa-Joe
Silver : XR_RACER_11 11:36.987 @XR_RACER_11
Bronze : Gouletzky 11:37.900 @Gouletzky
Fast Lap: serge_1919 2:16.315 @serge19
Honorable mention: 2:16.316 @ConnorWolf

Round 2 Race 1 :
Gold : XR_RACER_11 10:28.439 @XR_RACER_11
Silver : Gouletzky 10:32.845 @Gouletzky
Bronze : ConnorWolf 10:33.095 @ConnorWolf
Fast Lap: ConnorWolf 1:17.568 @ConnorWolf

Round 2 Race 2 :
Gold : Rednose58 10:36.836 @Rednose58
Silver : Oshawa-Joe 10:39.019 @Oshawa-Joe
Bronze : sprintr64 10:39.461 @sprintr64
Fast Lap: dragonwhisky 1:17.750 @Dragonwhisky

Round 3 Race 1 :
Gold : ConnorWolf 11:17.402 @ConnorWolf
Silver : Rednose58 11:22.107 @Rednose58
Bronze : XR_RACER_11 11:23.620 @XR_RACER_11
Fast Lap: ConnorWolf 1:51.508 @ConnorWolf

Round 3 Race 2 :
Gold : ConnorWolf 11:24.681 @ConnorWolf
Silver : Oshawa-Joe 11:27.970 @Oshawa-Joe
Bronze : Rednose58 11:28.432 @Rednose58
Fast Lap: ConnorWolf 1:52.075 @ConnorWolf

Winner :
@ConnorWolf - D(1)ominating round 3 to take the win in a very competitive night!

D5 Action Pack

Respectfull start with @kadrek and @JJLopez427 leading the pack. JJ drove like a true Memo Rojas with the Scirocco.

@kadrek and JJ Fighting it off side to side on the 1st lap

Spy Agent... leaves the door open and @Wolfsatz regains 3rd place

@chatva lurking behind awaiting for a spin up between @Wolfsatz and @JJLopez427

SpyAgent blocks the inside too tight and @Wolfsatz completes an outside pass at the hairpin

@chatva following @JJLopez427 and Wolf

The Snail Train is Back

Side to Side with @kadrek Turn 1 Lap 2 no contact

The only way to pass him @kadrek was for him to make a mistake

Wolf leading the pack

@chatva setting up for the pass

@kadrek charges back and starts to gain on me...

... but then gets loose

The closest the pack was at lap 1 with @kadrek leading the way

@Spy gets loose around Wellington straight and @reigningblood takes the spot

D5 around Luffeld Corner

@chatva followed by Spy, @reigninblood and Nova

@kadrek leading around Club Corner

The Wolf

SpyAgent I dont know what his GTP name is

Old buddy @chatva. Great to see you buddy

@kadrek ended up with a 10 second lead. Someone tell me why he is in D5?

The Wolf just maintaining 2nd place with @JJLopez427 in 3rd

@reigninblood thanks for Hosting.

Thanks wolfsatz :)
It was one of my best sunday nights ever, and yes, I really enjoyed the Scirocco combo! (The only combo I fought for position with you and Volcoman :D)

Was on Baseball almanac looking at some things and discovered to my horror that the '79 AL West did not end in a tie like I said.. Not sure why I was thinking that..mind is slipping I guess.. But the race for the title with KC was fairly intense though. When it ended I shipped out to one of my first jobs to refurbish a motel up in Auburn Ca. and watched the playoffs and WSCS at smorgasboard up there on Watt Ave.

I have love for my AL Central Champion Detroit Tigers!! Its been 30 years for them!! Royals won it the year after the '84 Tigers!! If we choke like we have the last oh say 10 years, then I would like to see KC take it all.. Big game tmrw/today!! I hope they demolish Oakland and Jon Lester!!!

I have love for my AL Central Champion Detroit Tigers!! Its been 30 years for them!! Royals won it the year after the '84 Tigers!! If we choke like we have the last oh say 10 years, then I would like to see KC take it all.. Big game tmrw/today!! I hope they demolish Oakland and Jon Lester!!!

The Tigers have their three solid starters in Verlander, Shurzer, and Price just like they did in '84 with Morris, Petry, and Wilcox..Well.. they had to nurse Milt (Wilcox) along a bit because he was near the end of his career and his arm was in bad shape. He was still brilliant though, and got the job done..Fast forward back to 2014, let the games begin.

The Tigers have their three solid starters in Verlander, Shurzer, and Price just like they did in '84 with Morris, Petry, and Wilcox..Well.. they had to nurse Milt (Wilcox) along a bit because he was near the end of his career and his arm was in bad shape. He was still brilliant though, and got the job done..Fast forward back to 2014, let the games begin.
And Evans, Parrish, Trammell, Brookens, Lemon, Gibson & ? Herndon ? (forgot other OF) dang it! Tigers roar in '84!

And just remembered (how could I forget!?) Whitaker

Last edited:
And Evans, Parrish, Trammell, Brookens, Lemon, Gibson & ? Herndon ? (forgot other OF) dang it! Tigers roar in '84!

Yep..was going to say all that too, but you handled it..
And Trammel (SS) and Whittaker (2B) were rather under rated individually, but together they were one of the best SS/2B pairings ever. Not much got through those two.

Last edited:

And just remembered (how could I forget!?) Whitaker

Its actually Sweet Lou!! 👍
I'm a die hard Tigers, Lions, Wolverines and of course RED WINGS fan!!! This is the 4th consecutive year they won the AL Central.. Out of the 4 years, they are 0-3!! That is Very Sad!! Entire team made up of MVP's or Cy Young winners and they choke..!! and it kills me.. Swept in WS in 2012 by SF!! Painful to watch, If they are all peaking on their game... They cant be touched.. The scary part is when things get out of hand.. GAME OVER... They are not going to go 0-4!! To many veterans on that team that should know its now or never!! GO TIGERS!!:cheers:

As we are on the subject of other sports and Tuesday can be a bit quiet I thought I would share something with you from this side of the water. I went to the All-Ireland Hurling Final at the weekend which is basically the Super Bowl of hurling with a crowd of 82,000 fans packed into Croke Park to cheer on their respective counties, and old rivals, Kilkenny and Tipperary. It was a brilliant match and Kilkenny won out in the end further confirming their reputation as the best hurling team ever having won the Championship 10 times since the year 2000.

Here they are bringing home the cup.

liam1_zps260f6b86.jpg

But it was a hard fought victory as they only won it narrowly in a replay after a previous drawn match and many believe that it was the best final ever.

Rugby was my sport of choice but I have to admit, from a field sports point of view, it's hard to beat hurling as a spectacle of skill and toughness combined.

See what you think yourself:

Wow! I had no idea hurling was that popular (our what hurling really was). idk why but Finnegans Wake kept repeating in my head watching that. Probably cause I kept expecting to see someone break their skull whenever they clobbered that ball.
Anywho, back on baseball. I am glad to see the tigers get this far again. I was in STL when they lost the world series to the Cards in 08? 07? I think my hoodie got us kicked out of Wild Country.

I thought that thing was a race car and only came in that distressing orange and white livery? We can paint it? We can put our numbers on it? I want to get home and buy it right now!

images

Last edited:
Back