◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,413 comments
SNAIL [Spec] Racing 2015 Calendar

Here's our tentative schedule for 2015. As usual, we're dividing the year into twelve 4-week seasons (one for each month). The months that have five Sundays will either include a week that won't have an official league night or have one of their Sundays "borrowed" by another month's season. Let me know if you guys see any errors or oversights.

January 2015 Season
League Night #1 - January 4th
League Night #2 - January 11th
League Night #3 - January 18th
League Night #4 - January 25th

February 2015 Season
February 1st - No league night because of Super Bowl XLIX
League Night #1 - February 8th
League Night #2 - February 15th
League Night #3 - February 22nd
League Night #4 - March 1st

March 2015 Season
League Night #1 - March 8th
League Night #2 - March 15th
League Night #3 - March 22nd
League Night #4 - March 29th

April 2015 Season
League Night #1 - April 5th
League Night #2 - April 12th
League Night #3 - April 19th
League Night #4 - April 26th

May 2015 Season
League Night #1 - May 3rd
League Night #2 - May 10th
League Night #3 - May 17th
May 24th - No league night because of Memorial Day weekend
League Night #4 - May 31st

June 2015 Season
League Night #1 - June 7th
League Night #2 - June 14th
League Night #3 - June 21st
League Night #4 - June 28th

July 2015 Season
League Night #1 - July 5th
League Night #2 - July 12th
League Night #3 - July 19th
League Night #4 - July 26th

August 2015 Season
League Night #1 - August 2nd
League Night #2 - August 9th
League Night #3 - August 16th
League Night #4 - August 23rd

September 2015 Season
League Night #1 - August 30th
September 6th - No league night because of Labor Day weekend
League Night #2 - September 13th
League Night #3 - September 20th
League Night #4 - September 27th

October 2015 Season
League Night #1 - October 4th
League Night #2 - October 11th
League Night #3 - October 18th
League Night #4 - October 25th

November 2015 Season
League Night #1 - November 1st
League Night #2 - November 8th
League Night #3 - November 15th
League Night #4 - November 22nd

December 2015 Season
League Night #1 - November 29th
League Night #2 - December 6th
League Night #3 - December 13th
League Night #4 - December 20th
December 27th - No league night because of Christmas/New Year

As always, only the top three scores for each driver will count in any given season. Therefore, drivers can miss 25% of league nights and still be in the mix for their divisional championship if they perform well on the nights that they race. Of course, that's for those who care about that kind of thing. Rest assured, promotion and relegation is not determined solely by how many points you have at the end of a season.

(click here for our 2014 calendar)

Last edited:
Of everything I've seen over the last 2+ years regarding practice rooms, this is, arguably, the best idea I've seen to date. I really think it should be considered for trial runs the rest of this month. @Wolfsatz.
While not taking part anymore I totally agree with @ExoSphere64. The only thing I would suggest is just do 10 minutes of free run. That would keep the flow going a bit better.

That does sound like a great idea! If we were to do that, it might be a good idea to start the races at a specific time, so if someone wants to switch to another lobby, they know how much time they have to practice free run laps. Everyone knows it's a bit frustrating when you join a room to find them in T1 when you connect.

An idea like this could get 4-5 races in over the 2 hours. I think it's safe to say most of us spend a majority of our practice time on the 2 new combos, so there would be time to get 2 in on each, and one refresher on the third. I could see additional rooms being needed as the 2 new combo rooms fill though.

While not taking part anymore I totally agree with @ExoSphere64. The only thing I would suggest is just do 10 minutes of free run. That would keep the flow going a bit better.

This is something that will definitely need to be played with. I need to look at the numbers and see what will fit into the 2 hour window. There are many possibilities.

Race of Champions

Final Results
1- @dgaf95integra - 92
2- @fizzer - 90
3- @gtr3123 - 84
4- @Xradkins - 80
5- @socalnatv - 72
6- @DMacs13 - 62
7- @USERID_77a23 - 58
8- @kickenit4evr - 46
9- @Schmiggz - 44
10- @Grandpa Money - 42
11- @SHOCKY_WELL - 38
12- @jnmjeeper - 36
13- @CoachMK21 - 36

20150102_221001.jpg
20150102_224141.jpg
20150102_231951.jpg

Last edited:

A few years ago, @TEX36 @Skills and myself, and a few others, gathered informally in the old Division lounges to practice for the week. Having @AJKVail or @Xradkins drop by for tips sure did help, but running a series of 1-2 (3 for those 7+ lap combos) lap races, reverse grid helped use the tips we learned.

Corner 1 : Survive - how many different ways can you take a line in traffic was a great learning experience for me. Hot lapping to a fast time didn't help me if I didn't do some of this.

Where can I pass? : The "shooting the gap" mention reminded me.. Not all gaps are seen equally. Finding where you can possibly line up a pass, and equally importantly, where it just won't happen normally - is a great way to avoid accidents.

I am not fast, but those little things helped me, back when I had time.

If free run was 15 minutes and each sprint race was no more than 10 minutes, you could conceivably get 5 "sessions" done in 2 hours and 5 minutes. That doesn't account for countdown timers at either end however.

1 room for the carry over combo and 2 rooms each for the new combos. Space for 80 drivers.

The functionality exists to set the race time, and auto start races 15 minutes after the last race is done.

Why can't Thursday night just be Free Run the entire night? It's much simpler and if anyone wants to race they can set up near each other on track. Or you can follow someone to see how they take turns. Etc. All without the stress of an actual race setting.

Why can't Thursday night just be Free Run the entire night? It's much simpler and if anyone wants to race they can set up near each other on track. Or you can follow someone to see how they take turns. Etc. All without the stress of an actual race setting.
I suppose it could be but, one of the points of official practice is to simulate race conditions. Race conditions include a grid start. That start and first lap needs to be practiced, probably more than any other thing, at least if the number of first lap IRs filed is any indication.

And I do believe you forgot what started this extended discussion. It was not what to do in practice but the fact that some did not play well with others. That seems to have been forgotten..that was the major problem and the solution was to divide up the Divisions.

A lot of people will do that on their own during other unofficial practice times. It is a big help to practice grid starts because T1 is where most incidents will occur.

And I do believe you forgot what started this extended discussion. It was not what to do in practice but the fact that some did not play well with others. That seems to have been forgotten..that was the major problem and the solution was to divide up the Divisions.
Edit: And since I'm on my soapbox...is there an over riding rationale for our using these silly 321 starts when we have an actual starting sequence with lights and penaltys that actually requires a bit of skill other than just planting one's foot. Is it because of the fear of mayhem....er...more..mayhem at the start. I personally find the start with lights to be actually exciting and requiring some skill.

Edit: And since I'm on my soapbox...is there an over riding rationale for our using these silly 321 starts when we have an actual starting sequence with lights and penaltys that actually requires a bit of skill other than just planting one's foot. Is it because of the fear of mayhem....er...more..mayhem at the start. I personally find the start with lights to be actually exciting and requiring some skill.
For the very same reason I said starts and first laps need to be practiced. Grid starts with false start checks will only add to the madness that is the first lap. I'm so used to using my clutch on the start that I spent an entire season in the RCS trying to train myself to have my left foot on that middle pedal, instead of the left. I caused more than one person grief there in my first season. At some point, even the most skilled launcher will miss the start. I don't think that change should be considered.

I hear ya. Practicing the grid start and first lap is a good point. Can we make all divisions run with False Start Check on?

You read my mind Nail. LOL. That was my next question/topic.

For the very same reason I said starts and first laps need to be practiced. Grid starts with false start checks will only add to the madness that is the first lap. I'm so used to using my clutch on the start that I spent an entire season in the RCS trying to train myself to have my left foot on that middle pedal, instead of the left. I caused more than one person grief there in my first season. At some point, even the most skilled launcher will miss the start. I don't think that change should be considered.
D1 uses it. How about phasing it in just like no penalties? But 2 phases instead of 7. D1-4 then 5-8. It is as real as running with no penalties.

Last edited:
I can't resist a response. Fine do not allow grid starts with lights in lower divisions. Just as driver aids are allowed there. Then force the higher divisions to lean how to start...which I believe..they will need in all of our other series. It has also been my experience that the Grid/lights/penalty system actually spreads the field out a bit due to response times....daydreaming...wrong gear....penalty...and allows for more actual racing instead of the 16 car formation kamikazi arrival at turn 1.

Changing the league to no penalties has nothing to do with realism and everything to do with broken and inconsistent programming code.

False starts aren't anything resembling realism either. You can toss that card over there in the fire. What race car was ever power limited for jumping a start. Disqualified or given a stop and go penalty, yes. Becoming essentially a standing roadblock for every car behind? I don't think so.

When your car is in 1st gear it coasts. You have to hold the brakes to stay in your grid position. Real.
The penalty of delaying your start can be equated to a stall in real life. I can accept that. Any race start can have this happen and one must always be prepared to have to swerve around a stationary car at the start of a race. That's one of the many parts of racing.

321 starts are not skill-less. It is not always best to simply stand on the throttle and wait. The cappuccino had a sweet spot that offered a significant advantage and I've found something in the lotus that is proving to be advantageous as well.

Last night (Friday), @AJKVail gave a short on track tutorial for myself and a few other drivers who were struggling with Cape Ring North. While I still think the track layout is ridiculous at least now I know the fast line. Short on track demos are so effective and helpful, I for one really appreciate it … Thanks!

Last edited:
Last night (Friday), @AJKVail gave a short on track tutorial for myself and a few other drives who were struggling with Cape Ring North. While I still think the track layout is ridiculous at least now I know the fast line. Short on track demos are so effective and helpful, I for one really appreciate it … Thanks!

We need more of this. I'm in support of any tutoring I can utilize to get better.

I hear ya. Practicing the grid start and first lap is a good point. Can we make all divisions run with False Start Check on?

You read my mind Nail. LOL. That was my next question/topic.

D1 uses it. How about phasing it in just like no penalties? But 2 phases instead of 7. D1-4 then 5-8. It is as real as running with no penalties.

I can't resist a response. Fine do not allow grid starts with lights in lower divisions. Just as driver aids are allowed there. Then force the higher divisions to lean how to start...which I believe..they will need in all of our other series. It has also been my experience that the Grid/lights/penalty system actually spreads the field out a bit due to response times....daydreaming...wrong gear....penalty...and allows for more actual racing instead of the 16 car formation kamikazi arrival at turn 1.

When your car is in 1st gear it coasts. You have to hold the brakes to stay in your grid position. Real.
The penalty of delaying your start can be equated to a stall in real life. I can accept that. Any race start can have this happen and one must always be prepared to have to swerve around a stationary car at the start of a race. That's one of the many parts of racing.

Changing the league to no penalties has nothing to do with realism and everything to do with broken and inconsistent programming code.

False starts aren't anything resembling realism either. You can toss that card over there in the fire. What race car was ever power limited for jumping a start. Disqualified or given a stop and go penalty, yes. Becoming essentially a standing roadblock for every car behind? I don't think so.

Taking Dragonwhisky's train of though and adding to it. Real racing has death, great bodily injury, thousands of dollars worth of car damage, and the possibility of your car ending up on a hook 10 seconds into the race. We have none of those to deter mayhem in turn one. Why in the world would we want to do anything that would artificially create more mayhem?

It is simply not real in any way. Has anyone here ever seen a car get power limited for jumping a start in real life? No, because even if the capability existed (it does by the way), no race organizer in their right mind would do it because of the effect it would have on the other drivers on the grid. I get it that cars stall on the grid and they have to be avoided but those situations are due to mechanical failure or driver error and are unavoidable. They are not created by the race organizer nor should they be.

Also, D1 should NOT be starting races with false start check turned on if they are in fact doing so.

We need more of this. I'm in support of any tutoring I can utilize to get better.
One on one or one on few sessions are awesome and a single line alteration can make the difference between a possible win and another mid pack event. Case in point...a long time ago we had the BMW 2002 at one of the Alpine Tracks...and I was hopeless. I was mopeing around in a room with Alien and Joe and I think Euclid. They hooked up and happy with their times...left.

Some new guy saw my helplessness and jumped in and showed me a lap...I fell off or was pushed off in the first race first turn, but led from Pole to flag in the second race...dogged every lap by @joe_diben . Those kind words got me the technique to be able to lead and win, FOR THE FIRST TIME.

I know some of you have heard or read this story before but the lesson is still valid....a bit of mentoring by a very fast driver, who can impart why he is fast is priceless. By the way the new guy that day last Spring was LLOYD something or other.

Taking Dragonwhisky's train of though and adding to it. Real racing has death, great bodily injury, thousands of dollars worth of car damage, and the possibility of your car ending up on a hook 10 seconds into the race. We have none of those to deter mayhem in turn one. Why in the world would we want to do anything that would artificially create more mayhem?

It is simply not real in any way. Has anyone here ever seen a car get power limited for jumping a start in real life? No, because even if the capability existed (it does by the way), no race organizer in their right mind would do it because of the effect it would have on the other drivers on the grid. I get it that cars stall on the grid and they have to be avoided but those situations are due to mechanical failure or driver error and are unavoidable. They are not created by the race organizer nor should they be.

Also, D1 should NOT be starting races with false start check turned on if they are in fact doing so.
It is simply not real in any way. Has anyone here ever seen a race where all the cars can stand on the gas without using a brake and not move until some counter reads 3,2,1 and then everyone starts at the exact same moment in real life? No, because the 3,2,1 start is also unrealistic.

I've been running (and will continue to do so) the false start check in the RCS since the beginning and we rarely see any false starts during the season (unless DW is racing :nervous: ) and it was driver error. It does add a bit more skill in your reaction time to get a good start and even gain an advantage. You even called it out yourself stalls on the grid can be
attributed to driver error. This is the same thing, You jump the start is because you made a driver error in jumping the start.

Edit - I understand it can cause mayhem at the starts and that is the reason for not instituting it and stick to it. But dont imply that the 3,2,1 start is any way more realistic than the False Start Check because it isn't. Neither system is realistic.

Last edited:
Last night (Friday), @AJKVail gave a short on track tutorial for myself and a few other drives who were struggling with Cape Ring North. While I still think the track layout is ridiculous at least now I know the fast line. Short on track demos are so effective and helpful, I for one really appreciate it … Thanks!

It was our pleasure ( @tcrash15 and I ) working with you and the others! It's a personal reward watching another driver take seconds off their lap time!
Thanks to all the ego free drivers that joined @tcrash15's unofficial chill lounge! Over 3 hours of diving with @TEX-36, @nobbymcnobberson, @Tangled_Up, @Sand_68 and @Grandpas_Money without a single punt, shunt or dive bomb!
Awesome display of camaraderie and situational awareness! This was pack racing at its finest! If we lost a driver due to spin, no one had to call a caution, we would all slow up and get the pack back together and game on! At no time did any driver check out to win the 72 virgins waiting at the finish line!
Thank you gentlemen!:cheers:

Back