◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,415 comments
SNAIL Race Lobby Settings

These are the only settings to be used for SNAIL Sunday night racing. Every option in the race setup menu is covered here. Hosts should use this as their manual when setting up a Sunday night lobby.
Basic Settings

Room Mode -- Practice/Qualifier/Race for race 1 Practice/Race for race 2
Room Privacy -- Club Only

Room Settings

Room Comment -- Varies based on race and round but should look like this Dx Rx Rx
Race Quality -- High
Voice Chat Quality -- Standard (unless asked by Admin to turn off for network issues)
Fixed Room Host -- No (Unless the host is approved by Admin) I'll be working up a list for this soon.
Max. Number of Participants -- 16

Course -- varies
Weather -- 0
Time -- Default setting (do not change)
Time Progression -- 1
No. of laps -- varies
Weather Changeability -- 0
Surface Water at Race Start -- 0

Qualifier Settings
Race Format -- Race Alone
Start Type -- Final Corner Start
Time Limit -- 6 min.

Race Settings

Hold Races Automatically -- Disabled
Start Type -- Grid Start or Double File Rolling Start when specified by Admin.
Grid Order --Fastest First for race 1 -- Reverse Grid Based on Previous Race Results for race 2
Boost -- Off
Penalty -- None
Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption -- Normal
Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge -- Real
Minimum Number of Pit Stops -- 0
Require Tire Type Change -- off
Race Finish Delay -- 90 sec
Visable Damage -- Off
Mechanical Damage -- Light
Slipstream Strength -- Real

Car Selection Method
Car Selection Method -- Garage
Car Filters -- Disabled

Filter By Performance

PP Limit -- Varies. Set to PP of car in use.
Max. Power Limit -- Varies. Set to max power of car in use (if stated in game).
Minimum weight -- Varies. Set to weight of car in use (if stated in game).
Drivetrain -- Varies. Set to drivetrain of car in use.
Tires -- Set to tires assigned to car in use.
Nitrous -- Prohibited
Tuning -- Prohibited

Limit Driving Options

Skid Recovery Force -- Prohibited
Active Steering -- Prohibited
Active Stability Management -- Prohibited
Driving Line -- Prohibited*
Traction Control -- Prohibited*
ABS - Available
*= The lowest division may make these options available upon request.

List of room hosts approved to run as fixed host. If you want to get on this list, start a conversation with JLBowler and be prepared to answer some questions and provide some information about your internet connection and how your PS3 is connected to the internet.

*This document replaces any other document that detailed or regulated room settings for Sunday night racing.

Last edited:
@Wolfsatz @Dragonwhisky

Thanks for the info on bump drafting guys! I can see this being used in nascar style races but in a situation like the last stretch at nurburgring or monza or sarthe I would be afraid to cause an accident and also wouldn't really want to be bumped too much considering it would throw off my speed entering a corner or brake point. But I agree that with the settings set to real it probably ends up being a non factor. Thanks again for clearing that up!

SNAIL Race Lobby Settings

These are the only settings to be used for SNAIL Sunday night racing. Every option in the race setup menu is covered here. Hosts should use this as their manual when setting up a Sunday night lobby.
Basic Settings

Room Mode -- Practice/Qualifier/Race for race 1 Practice/Race for race 2
Room Privacy -- Club Only

Room Settings

Room Comment -- Varies based on race and round but should look like this Dx Rx Rx
Race Quality -- High
Voice Chat Quality -- Standard (unless asked by Admin to turn off for network issues)
Fixed Room Host -- No (Unless the host is approved by Admin) I'll be working up a list for this soon.
Max. Number of Participants -- 16

Course -- varies
Weather -- 0
Time -- Default setting (do not change)
Time Progression -- 1
No. of laps -- varies
Weather Changeability -- 0
Surface Water at Race Start -- 0

Qualifier Settings
Race Format -- Race Alone
Start Type -- Final Corner Start
Time Limit -- 6 min.

Race Settings

Hold Races Automatically -- Disabled
Start Type -- Grid Start or Double File Rolling Start when specified by Admin.
Grid Order --Fastest First for race 1 -- Reverse Grid Based on Previous Race Results for race 2
Boost -- Off
Penalty -- None
Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption -- Normal
Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge -- Real
Minimum Number of Pit Stops -- 0
Require Tire Type Change -- off
Race Finish Delay -- 90 sec
Visable Damage -- Off
Mechanical Damage -- Light
Slipstream Strength -- Real

Car Selection Method
Car Selection Method -- Garage
Car Filters -- Disabled

Filter By Performance

PP Limit -- Varies. Set to PP of car in use.
Max. Power Limit -- Varies. Set to max power of car in use.
Minimum weight -- Varies. Set to weight of car in use.
Drivetrain -- Varies. Set to drivetrain of car in use.
Tires -- Set to tires assigned to car in use.
Nitrous -- Prohibited
Tuning -- Prohibited

Limit Driving Options

Skid Recovery Force -- Prohibited
Active Steering -- Prohibited
Active Stability Management -- Prohibited
Driving Line -- Prohibited*
Traction Control -- Prohibited*
ABS - Available
*= The lowest division may make these options available upon request.

List of room hosts approved to run as fixed host. If you want to get on this list, start a conversation with JLBowler and be prepared to answer some questions and provide some information about your internet connection and how your PS3 is connected to the internet.

*This document replaces any other document that detailed or regulated room settings for Sunday night racing.
Right now fixed host is messed up though according to @racingchamp30. From what I understand it's not letting people in to his rooms, And I have never know champ to have a problem with fixed host!

You may get your wish @DesertPenguin09 I've got a car in mind for it and yes it's fast 106's

@Wolfsatz @Dragonwhisky

Thanks for the info on bump drafting guys! I can see this being used in nascar style races but in a situation like the last stretch at nurburgring or monza or sarthe I would be afraid to cause an accident and also wouldn't really want to be bumped too much considering it would throw off my speed entering a corner or brake point. But I agree that with the settings set to real it probably ends up being a non factor. Thanks again for clearing that up!
This may also be helpful,:D

@Wolfsatz @Dragonwhisky

Bro do you even racecraft? ;) Hi machinist

Hello! I'm interested in joining this series! Coming over from /r/RGTRC and looking for a bit more organization and clean racing. I'll keep my eyes peeled for a reply. Thanks!

@aTinyPanda

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add @CoachMK21, @Dragonwhisky, @JLBowler, @nmcp1 & @zer05ive as participants. The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing club. Sunday races are organized exclusively through the GT6 Community features within the game.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread. If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

Right now fixed host is messed up though according to @racingchamp30. From what I understand it's not letting people in to his rooms, And I have never know champ to have a problem with fixed host!

You may get your wish @DesertPenguin09 I've got a car in mind for it and yes it's fast 106's

Then it's probably a good thing that nobody is approved to use it at the moment.

If you want to grant his wish, you might want to make sure the car is just slow enough to be the first combo otherwise he probably won't ever see it.:D

Then it's probably a good thing that nobody is approved to use it at the moment.

If you want to grant his wish, you might want to make sure the car is just slow enough to be the first combo otherwise he probably won't ever see it.:D
Yeah it won't be

PRIZE A
Car: Toyota FT-1 Vision Gran Turismo
Pre oil change PP:637 HP--
Post oil change PP: 645 HP:--
Weight:--
Drivetrain: FR
Tires: RM
Track: Mid-Field Raceway Forward
Average lap: 1:05
@zer05ive @Rednose58

Last edited:
@Wolfsatz @Dragonwhisky

Just have to remember to back off well before the braking zone...

Yeah it won't be

PRIZE A
@zer05ive @Rednose58

This car has a "nitro" button as standard equipment. It's actually a button that uses the battery to give the car a speed boost. It is legal to use this button during racing. This is being posted here so everyone knows about the button going into the race.

Last edited:
What @Kiba Stryker says is pretty much true. I did a track day a couple years ago at Watkins Glen with a Pontiac G5, then got my 350z. Then I started autocrossing and did a track day last year as well. Biggest difference is the time "under fire". A typically autocross event is less than a minute, like the one you posted a video of recently. A track day, typically has 20, 30, 40 minute sessions. Being on track for 40 minutes straight brings in a whole set of conditions. Mental focus, physical endurance, etc. They are both awesome in my opinion, but for different reasons.

This year, I won't be doing a track day, since we're going to do at least 2 ChumpCar races. I'll do probably 6-9 autocross events too.

To get an idea of my YOUTUBE Channel for some of my videos
im actually getting the car prepped for the track. Dont know if i mentioned but ive run autox for 6 years, this will be my very first track day besides drift days.

Yeah it won't be

PRIZE A
@zer05ive @Rednose58

This car has a "nitro" button as standard equipment. It's actually a button that uses the battery to give the car a speed boost. It is legal to use this button during racing. This is being posted here so everyone knows about the button going into the race.

VAN DAME.jpg

Is the use of the boost recorded in any way in a replay? Even if it were, we would only be relying on IR's to find out if anybody could have used it to gain an advantage.

Just my opinion... this car challenges the integrity of spec racing. I'm not a fan.

Is the use of the boost recorded in any way in a replay? Even if it were, we would only be relying on IR's to find out if anybody could have used it to gain an advantage.

Just my opinion... this car challenges the integrity of spec racing. I'm not a fan.

There are other things that people do every week that we can't police that "challenge the integrity of spec racing" a whole lot more than this. At least with this, it's set up the same for everyone and it's not adjustable.

There are other things that people do every week that we can't police that "challenge the integrity of spec racing" a whole lot more than this. At least with this, it's set up the same for everyone and it's not adjustable.

Agreed... things that people do. You have no control over what people can do in live time, I get that. In this case, if allowed, it will be the sanctioning body that is providing a device. There are already "performance enhancing" options that people utilize routinely that cannot be controlled, but they are uncontrollable across the board, every race, every weekend. We accept this, because there is nothing that can be done about it. Why allow even more fiddling when you have the ability to do something about it?

Agreed... things that people do. You have no control over what people can do in live time, I get that. In this case, if allowed, it will be the sanctioning body that is providing a device. There are already "performance enhancing" options that people utilize routinely that cannot be controlled, but they are uncontrollable across the board, every race, every weekend. We accept this, because there is nothing that can be done about it. Why allow even more fiddling when you have the ability to do something about it?

There is not an indicator to show when the button is being pushed so there isn't an effective way to police it. It's a feature on the car and everybody has it to use and it's the same for everybody.

In my opinion, this isn't nearly as big a deal as not having a practical method of being able to police brake balance settings and torque split.

@JLBowler

*sigh* ... I misread your original post. I thought I read "illegal" rather than "legal". Sorry man, my bad.

I made a change to that post to make it more clear to everyone. If one person read it incorrectly then I'm sure others did as well. At least you said something about it so I have the chance to clear it up for anyone who just read it wrong and moved on.

Torque spilt I don't think it will let you in the room I tried it in grim's TT and it was a no go. Hopefully in gt7 they will give more options how to set up a lobby.

It has to be adjustable on the car from the dealership. I know of some that adjusted it when we ran the Subaru TC this last time.

Torque spilt I don't think it will let you in the room I tried it in grim's TT and it was a no go. Hopefully in gt7 they will give more options how to set up a lobby.
It has to be adjustable on the car from the dealership. I know of some that adjusted it when we ran the Subaru TC this last time.
It was the Mitsubishi Evo TC but it was an AYC, not a torque split. Any adjustment there and the lobby would lock you out, claiming you tuned it, even if you "reset" it. You had to go to a clean settings sheet and not even open the setting screen to get past the tuning prohibition. So I think it's specific to AYC, as there was some other car I've run somewhere besides the Subaru TC (which you're correct about - you could adjust that torque split) that allowed split changes.

Used this car with boost elsewhere and it is very important to figure out where the best place is to use it. It adds something else to your "cross check". Don't fall off while trying to find the button. Heh Heh.:lol:

Did my IR reviews already (like the rest of us!!) All six that I could do anyway. Thanks you guys keep it up...more better than the 100+ awhile back.

Darn...what ever am I going to do with all my spare time this week.

EAT...SLEEP...RACE...REVIEW....REPEAT....WEEKLY.

Back