◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,418 comments
can't don't have the stand yet but when I get it I will post pics for sure!
@Die_Birdy_Die ,sure it's in there, did you detect it? lol
upload_2015-3-4_20-16-32.jpeg

Funny. My GT6 doesn't sound like either of those "comparison" videos. Maybe if I set it back to default settings and had just the sound from my crappy TV speakers it would sound like that. I prefer to get everything that is possible out of the game sounds by changing in game settings to match my surround sound system. It's still not perfect (no game ever will be), but it sounds a whole lot better than any video that has been put together by someone trying to make another game look good or make GT6 look bad.

Funny. My GT6 doesn't sound like either of those "comparison" videos. Maybe if I set it back to default settings and had just the sound from my crappy TV speakers it would sound like that. I prefer to get everything that is possible out of the game sounds by changing in game settings to match my surround sound system. It's still not perfect (no game ever will be), but it sounds a whole lot better than any video that has been put together by someone trying to make another game look good or make GT6 look bad.
I have to admit my sound is more like the video (audi R8 GT6 version). I am also mostly dissatisfied with the car sounds in gt6 overall. There are a few that I like but I think anyone would have to admit, if PCars sounds like it does in the videos, holy:censored:!!
oh, and I am listening to the videos on my phone speaker and it still sounds BA!

In the video above it sounds like they took the sound from the in-car view which always sounds a little muffled. Agreed the sound that's coming from family room over the surround sound and sub-woofer system sounds a lot different!

Yeah it does sound like the GT6 is dumbed down a little somehow, but GT6 is behind both Forza 4 and 5 by a long shot in sound. Coming back to the series after being gone for a decade or more, you still hear more transmission than really engine in GT6. Whether or not that is more realistic is a different argument, but I have always felt that GT sound focused on that way too much.

Project Cars should have better sounds that GT6. It's on newer, more powerful hardware and they have significantly fewer cars to model than GT did. It should also be better graphically for the same reasons. The physics have the potential to be better and i hope that they are. There would be nothing better for the console sim racer customer base than to have WMD and PD get into a battle of anything you can do, I can do better.

I look forward to comparing the two games on an identical sound system to see how much of a step up Project Cars really is over GT6.

Project Cars should have better sounds that GT6. It's on newer, more powerful hardware and they have significantly fewer cars to model than GT did. It should also be better graphically for the same reasons. The physics have the potential to be better and i hope that they are. There would be nothing better for the console sim racer customer base than to have WMD and PD get into a battle of anything you can do, I can do better.

I look forward to comparing the two games on an identical sound system to see how much of a step up Project Cars really is over GT6.

And.....there is always the option of just not playing GT6 if there are so many things wrong with it. I for one will always be a fan of the GT series. Put things into perspective, newer games should be better as JLBowler mentioned, they are new! Wait until GT7 comes out and compare new / new. (not directed at you JL, just following up on the points you made).

This is the appropriate approach for comparing the two different sound components @JLBowler 👍, so looking forward to your analysis and feedback. On the other side I'm quite sure that the Sony developpers are aware of the poor sound in GT6 and by this there are for sure a couple of guys more than usual working on it to improve engine howling vs strong competitors software. There's a lot of cash that can be earned but unfortunately there is only one piece of cake that can be divided with the next upcoming SIM-Racing games...
cheers :cheers:

vsfit post: 10510203
And.....there is always the option of just not playing GT6 if there are so many things wrong with it. I for one will always be a fan of the GT series. Put things into perspective, newer games should be better as JLBowler mentioned, they are new! Wait until GT7 comes out and compare new / new. (not directed at you JL, just following up on the points you made).
Just to be clear, I was excited to hear some really well done car sounds. I thought to share that excitement with my SNAIL brothers and sisters. I am not intentionally disparaging Gran Tourismo. I am a fan as well. I, like Mr. Bowler, am looking forward to an all out battle between PCars and GT7. We, the gamers, will be the beneficiaries.

I just tried the Nurburgring 24 minute Super race with the McLaren F1 GTR Base Model. Stock + oil change. Doesn't work. 2nd lap it sets up a pit in order that is not needed. I am watching to see what happens to I had to cancel the order. I will see what happens and then I will retry without touching the controller, letting it make the pit. The other AI doesn't pit at all so I'm thinking it's a bust. :(

I just tried the Nurburgring 24 minute Super race with the McLaren F1 GTR Base Model. Stock + oil change. Doesn't work. 2nd lap it sets up a pit in order that is not needed. I am watching to see what happens to I had to cancel the order. I will see what happens and then I will retry without touching the controller, letting it make the pit. The other AI doesn't pit at all so I'm thinking it's a bust. :(

If you use an LMP that you haven't bought any rain tires for, just set it for softs and push it hard then it will pit after lap 2 for gas and an easy win, usually 27.5 to 28 minutes.

I'm curious how many current regularly attending snails would run a PCars series in lieu or along with GT6
I think that is tough to gauge. Right away, probably not many. PCars will be PS4 PC Xbone while obviously we will all be here on PS3's for at least another 18 months, and possibly longer. I find PCars interesting because it is trying to please both sim guys and graphics guys at the same time, and that is a very fine line to tread. GT6 certainly has better physics than Forza, but everything else is not on the same level. I find it crazy that I cannot just paint my car any color, and that there is no custom paint option at all. Why that limitation is built into GT is just confusing.
If anything the guys here that have PS4 and PS3 may play PCars while they wait for GT7, but for the most part GT guys are pretty diehard regardless of what other options are out there and what advantages they may have.

I tried the TS030 starting on Racing tyres (they will pit for IM) today. If you set it to push it hard, wins consistently. If you set it to Push the Pace, not so sure. Starting with IM also not a sure win.
All races done with zero input. I'm sure if you are monitoring it, you can improve results.

After all these races, went on a rampage and bought all the cars I lost when I restored a backup and bought some other ones too.

results2-jpg.253922
Here are the CORRECTED unofficial results from our league night on March 1, 2015

Click here for this season's points standings and scroll down for comprehensive race data

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to retrieve it

Division 1
  1. AcidTestKids ------ voted to eliminate Round 2 - 84 (89.60 for prize purposes only)
  2. A7XMaverick ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. MM-leadfoot ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. msgt-sd ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. vovik05 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. dgafaboutany1420 -- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. PTslopoke --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. SLC_VR6_V-Dub ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. vincentq4 --------- did not submit a vote
  11. Gouletzky --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
Division 2
  1. beatin_the_odds --- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 89 (99.53 for Prize B)
  2. stanc06 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. GTP_Falango ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. pakicote ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. Bryds ------------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. nmcp1 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. gtr3123 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. ConnorWolf -------- did not submit a vote
  10. GTP_Vert ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  11. kgffty ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
Division 3
  1. ONESPACE ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 90 (97.55 for Prize C)
  2. turnupdaheat ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. TEXAS_DES1GNER ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. CHEVRON ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. Grandpas_Money ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. Wolfsatz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. drb1269247 -------- did not submit a vote
  8. serge_1919 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. FloptaStr8 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. USERID_77a23 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  11. Lessenjr ---------- did not submit a vote
Division 4
  1. CAPECOD104 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 84 (95.38 for prize purposes only)
  2. II-NOVA-II -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. nobbymcnobberson -- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. RichyBugs --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. DoublePass -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. jlbowler ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. Sand__68 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. WIDEeyedDRIVER ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. Kiba_Stryker ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  11. CoachMK21 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
Division 5
  1. JJLopez_427 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 89 (67.37 for prize purposes only)
  2. kickenit4evr ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. GOTDIRT410sp ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. pkenuelo ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. TBongX ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. THRASH_46 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. ChuthuluGoat ------ did not submit a vote
Division 6
  1. Die_Birdy_Die ----- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 83 (107.10 for Prize A)
  2. aLmk_69 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. chatva ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. TomMang_68 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. canuckleheadII ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. rkzjb04 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. singlepaddy ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. ShrumpRacer86 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  11. HandlebarMustash -- voted to eliminate Round 3
  12. D6uzmanG ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  13. blueninjacivic ---- did not submit a vote
Division 7
  1. lobbanmike -------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 88 (72.67 for prize purposes only)
  2. Engmatic1 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. McTrucker000 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. vinnybear-o1 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. Oog_42 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. BKM-540 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. cmbeal317 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. JamCar0ne --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. Vol_Jbolaz -------- did not submit a vote
Division 8
  1. syntorz ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 93 (67.20 for prize purposes only)
  2. Helkresh ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. BustedFoSho ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. vsfit ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. sinna123sinna123 -- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. DCschWinn --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. pubason ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 '11 (Racing: Medium) at Silverstone National Circuit (13 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @Die_Birdy_Die wins Prize A, they get to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 '08 (Sports: Soft) at Twin Ring Motegi East Course (8 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @Dacana gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @ONESPACE so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated,so picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more importantis that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, no car you select should not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in the draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to select the Amuse Superlegara for your car, post "Amuse Nismo 380 RS Superlagara". If you want to select Monza for a track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". This makes it much easier for the lineup to be updated accurately and also prevents confusing other league members as to which car or track you are selecting. Also, please be sure to list the PP and HP (after oil change) of any car you select.

Car Selection Guidelines
Dealership Cars - The maximum price for a selected car is now $1,000,000
DLC Cars - Only DLC cars that are FREE and currently still available in the PlayStation Store can be selected.

Track Selection Guidelines
Any non-DLC track can be selected as long as a single lap with the car combo'd with it would not take more than five minutes to complete. For example, don't select anything that includes the Nurburgring's Nordschleife.

Last edited:
Back