◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,415 comments
Some say I'm hard to pass
Some say I'm not looking at my mirrors

Both statements very well may be true!
Find your way past!

Actually I said that you were looking to much in your mirrors... Unless the trip to the kitty litter run offs were intentional.. :odd::rolleyes::mischievous:

SNAILStewardAnnounce.jpg

@vsfit has accepted the position of Division 5's steward. Thank you for stepping up and taking on these additional duties. 👍

snailstewardsummary-jpg.259959

Race Date - Sun Mar 08 2015
Penalty Rate 75%
Banner by GamingPete

Below are the results of the 8 incidents the stewards reviewed.

Division 1 - 3 incidents on file
MM-leadfoot
  • Round 2 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 2 points. 1 week probation.
STanc06
  • Round 2 - Race 2 - Level 3 - 11 points.
  • Round 3 - Race 1 - Level 1 - 1 points.
  • 12 pts total and 4 weeks probation.

Division 3 - 1 incident on file
Xrad-11
  • Round 1 - Race 1 - Level 2 - 8 points halved to 4 for self report. 2 weeks probation.

Division 5 - 1 incident on file
chatva
  • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 4 - 16 points. 4 weeks probation.

Division 7 - 1 incident on file
JamCar0ne
  • Round 2 - Race 2 - Level 3 - 10 points halved to 5 for self report. 3 weeks probation.

These results can be viewed on the SNAIL Steward Review Sheet.

Thanks to
150-Nail_K-Bar-90.png
150-tezgmBat1-150.png
150-USERIDBlades-300x300-150.png
150-vsfit-trident-150.png

for their reviews this week.
from
150-Dragonwhisky-Kurgan-Sword-90.png

Don't forget to claim your $hells for completing reviews.
:cheers:

These changes affect the final standings.
Full final results can be found here. @zer05ive & @JLBowler, these adjustments have been made in SNAIL Sunday Scoring and SNAIL Data sheets.
***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***

7 drivers cleared probation this week. Well done! :cheers:

results2-jpg.253922
Here are the official results from our league night on March 8, 2015

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
  1. A7XMaverick ------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 95 (71.63 for prize purposes only)
  2. dgafaboutany1420 -- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. AcidTestKids ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. MM-leadfoot ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. SLC_VR6_V-Dub ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. STanc06 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. beatin_the_odds --- voted to eliminate Round 3
Division 2
  1. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2 - 93 (85.52 for prize purposes only)
  2. GTP_Falango ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. Gouletzky --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. ONESPACE ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. TEXAS_DES1GNER ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. RipTheJackerrr ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. ATinyPanda -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. TNR_Pfeffer702 ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. vincentq4 --------- did not submit a vote
  10. gmraces ----------- did not submit a vote
Division 3
  1. ConnorWolf -------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 84 (94.23 for Prize B)
  2. drb1269247 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. pakicote ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. nmcp1 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. Rednose58 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. Grandpas_Money ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. Wolfsatz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. FloptaStr8 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. StangSaint -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  11. CHEVRON ----------- did not submit a vote
Division 4
  1. dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 3 - 85 (90.67 for Prize C)
  2. GOTDIRT410sp ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. JJLopez_427 ------- did not submit a vote
  4. AMAMachinist ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. sprintr64 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. kickenit4evr ------ did not submit a vote
  7. jlbowler ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. II-NOVA-II -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. USERID_77a23 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. DoublePass -------- did not submit a vote
Division 5
  1. pkenuelo ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 79 (78.46 for prize purposes only)
  2. whatbadgerseat ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. TomMang_68 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. MajorBlixem ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. WIDEeyedDRIVER ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. Kiba_Stryker ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. nobbymcnobberson -- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. chatva ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
Division 6
  1. aLmk_69 ----------- did not submit a vote - 79 (107.51 for Prize A)
  2. canuckleheadII ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. Tangled_Up -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. TBongX ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. singlepaddy ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. EBishiop ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. Die_Birdy_Die ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. lobbanmike -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. AManWithoutAName -- voted to eliminate Round 2
  11. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  12. ChuthuluGoat ------ did not submit a vote
  13. SALTIRE_RCN_03 ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
Division 7
  1. BKM-540 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 83.1 (70.30 for prize purposes only)
  2. Engmatic1 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. ShrumpRacer86 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. syntorz ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. McTrucker000 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. JamCar0ne --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. HandlebarMustash -- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. DesertPenguin09 --- voted to eliminate Round 2
Division 8
  1. flip_jj ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 86 (80.66 for prize purposes only)
  2. Helkresh ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. Hellbringer2m6 ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. sinna123sinna123 -- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. cmbeal317 --------- did not submit a vote
  6. vsfit ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. DCschWinn --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. pubason ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. BustedFoSho ------- voted to eliminate Round 1

Now we move on to a little strategy as pertains to defensive lines. This presentation assumes all moves are made in a legal fashion. I want everyone to keep in mind these general rules;
  • A shallow entrance approach will require a wider exit to maintain speed.
  • The tighter the radius of the curve to be traveled will require less speed to navigate.
  • The speed lost, or gained, can be offset by distance traveled, but not always.

A standard entrance approach using the Outside/In/Outside philosophy where the ahead car is being attacked. This also takes for granted that overlap is established prior to the ahead car's turn in.

Standard inside passing attack.
View attachment 329975
fig 1

The behind car has a right to the inside lane. The ahead car is obligated to allow that inside lane to be used and should plan accordingly. The passing car must also take into account who is where for exit. Unless the passing car (blue, mostly) completely clears the red car, he must leave an outside lane on exit. This is where many passes go wrong.

A standard defensive approach line;
View attachment 329974
fig 2
The ahead car (red) here, has legally made their move to defend by moving one full lane shallower and allows the behind car to chose an outside approach, or an even shallower approach than the ahead car. While not precisely shown in the picture, this also assumes the attacking car has sufficient overlap at the ahead car's turn in. Again, if the attacking car chooses the shallower entrance the ahead car is obligated to allow a lane on the inside and the attacking car is obligated to allow a lane to the outside on exit. Neither will get through the turn as fast as they would have in fig 1 and both now risk washing out wider on exit and will need to slow down more at some point to maintain track boundaries and lane obligations. If the passing car chooses the outside line and can maintain the attack, the ahead driver is now obligated to allow a lane on exit and will likely have to slow down to do it and could lose the corner.

Alternate defensive approach line;
View attachment 329973
fig 3

In this example, the ahead car chooses, instead of using up an entire lane for a defensive approach, to use up half of two lanes. This takes away the option of the outside lane for the attacking driver, as there isn't room for them to attain sufficient overlap. If they wish to press the attack and have sufficient speed to gain overlap by turn in, their only option here is to take an even shallower approach than in fig 1 and 2 and will have to slow even more to maintain exit lane obligations. While their making their decision, the ahead driver can already have made theirs to allow that inside lane and plan accordingly. It really is like chess folks and what is behind matters as much as what's in front. As a matter of fact, when another car is close enough behind you to attack, what's behind you matters more than what's in front. The race is not in front. It's anywhere there are cars attacking and defending each other's positions.

Great piece of reading. I know some will already know all this and i do to some extent but it is great to sign on and find something like this to read. I for one love GT6 abd racing but lack full technical know how. most things i do during racing is by feel and common sense so thanks again @Dragonwhisky

Hello I would like to re-join the Sunday night league. I had raced the last part of last year until my wheel broke. Then work got really busy. Fortunately work is slowing down back to the norm, and I have my new setup now. I'd like to join again from the beginning. Thanks.

Hello I would like to re-join the Sunday night league. I had raced the last part of last year until my wheel broke. Then work got really busy. Fortunately work is slowing down back to the norm, and I have my new setup now. I'd like to join again from the beginning. Thanks.

@Ron Williams

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add @CoachMK21, @Dragonwhisky, @JLBowler, @nmcp1 & @zer05ive as participants. The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing club. Sunday races are organized exclusively through the GT6 Community features within the game.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread. If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

Great piece of reading. I know some will already know all this and i do to some extent but it is great to sign on and find something like this to read. I for one love GT6 abd racing but lack full technical know how. most things i do during racing is by feel and common sense so thanks again @Dragonwhisky
I drive by feel as well. What you seem to be referring to as "common sense", a term I personally abhor, since it implies knowledge and experience everyone should have, is really just that. Knowledge and experience. And everyone's is different. So, with that in mind, here's another picture and short essay on cornering.

As a given, the shortest, and hence the fastest, distance between two points is a straight line. The single most important goal of every race car driver, and the engineers that design and build those race cars is, to make the car go around the corners it has to go around in the straightest lines possible.

My, admittedly, limited knowledge of geometry, and applying that knowledge in my life's endeavors, over the last 40 or so years, yields the below graphic example of how to traverse a curve under any given circumstance I may find myself in while racing. There are many other factors that can come in to play to allow different outcomes but the basic premise is still true. All else being equal;

CurveWLaneRacinglines1.png

To expand on the above graphic, imagine 4 cars traveling at exactly the same speed, able to complete the turn without slowing down and not speeding up, each maintaining its respective lane. Which one will arrive first at the other end? Now, speed them all up in increments, which one can maintain their respective lane and still maintain the speed? At what speed does each fail to maintain its lane? These are questions every race car driver asks themselves every time they enter a turn. Mistakes occur when the answers don't come fast enough.

Most don't even know they're asking these questions when they are. It's where the "driving by feel" thing comes from. The sequence, question>>answer>>decision>>action, happens so fast, those that don't think they're doing it can't see it. Those that aren't asking the questions at all are the ones that end up in the kitty litter, mowing grass or pushing their opponents around.

I yield to. @Dragonwhisky and his explanation above.

This weekend, I found my experience in SNAIL significantly and positively affected my weekend - improved my understanding of what I was told, from when I learned the line fairly quickly in dry and adjusted for rain, and many other "good OLR" issues - these have been a piece of cake when posed in real life, even at low to middle track speeds - but not in racing mode: just track day 'wave past' passing only. Apparently I use some decent trail braking, though I can't define it well.

I just can't develop that "near the limit of grip" in GT6 without perilous results. I can't afford the simulator that probably does that, and I can't afford to do explore that limit safely or pay for the consequences in reality as much as I wish.

The trip from virtual-to-reality seems more dangerous when I go from reality-to-virtual, but I am not fighting for positions here on the real track - damage exists with $$$ impact.

Last edited:

This weekend, I found my experience in SNAIL significantly and positively affected my weekend - improved my understanding of what I was told, from when I learned the line fairly quickly in dry and adjusted for rain, and many other "good OLR" issues - these have been a piece of cake when posed in real life, even at low to middle track speeds - but not in racing mode: just track day 'wave past' passing only. Apparently I use some decent trail braking, though I can't define it well.

I just can't develop that "near the limit of grip" in GT6 without perilous results. I can't afford the simulator that probably does that, and I can't afford to do explore that limit safely or pay for the consequences in reality as much as I wish.

The trip from virtual-to-reality seems more dangerous when I go from reality-to-virtual, but I am not fighting for positions here on the real track - damage exists with $$$ impact.
@Handlebar

You just need to convince yourself you can feel it with the inputs to your senses that are available, and have the courage to allow yourself to do so. In a nutshell, argue for your own limitations and, they're yours.

Handle,

Your ride looks awesome and I bet it has been a blast at VIR. In the virtual world what wheel are you using and what viewpoint do you use?

Handle,

Your ride looks awesome and I bet it has been a blast at VIR. In the virtual world what wheel are you using and what viewpoint do you use?

G27 :gtpflag: third person :scared:

I get sick from the cockpit/bumper views - the screen panning quickly doesn't seem right. The third person view gives me a good, but unrealistic, view of cars next to me to avoid collisions when possible.

The sun is rising, packing up my room, then going though Tech again. Friday was about 4 or 5 mpg. Went to about 7 mpg yesterday. Filling half a tank for lightness. :lol:

I took a bunch of pics yesterday, but with the sun today, I may have to reshoot the coolest cars again. I am that n00b taking all the pics in the paddock. Oh well. ;)

It was raining for more than half the day Saturday like Coach's video (1:49 or so). Nice bumper-cam shot in there.

Last edited:
Practice room up in club lobby. Will be cycling thru the combos and doing some practice races when we get a few people. Don't see the room ID number tho? Where do I find that?

Practice room up in club lobby. Will be cycling thru the combos and doing some practice races when we get a few people. Don't see the room ID number tho? Where do I find that?
There won't be a number if you set it to "club only" when creating the room. Public rooms will have the numbers

Luxurius Fast Automobile Keys to Victory
Just follow the black line!
Easier said than done.

Turn 2 Lap 1
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit '80s_42 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

At Graham Hill @aTinyPanda and @TEX36 lead the field
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit '80s_43 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

Great speed from @kickenit4evr and always keeping his line!
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit '80s_23 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

@turnupdaheat gets a little grass and give me a love tap that sends me into a full 360
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit '80s_24 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

Miraculously I am able to stay on track and this sandwhich allows me to stabilize the car; thanks to @RipTheJacker and @Tangled_Up
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit '80s_25 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

A lap later and about 10 seconds ahead @TEX36 still holds 2nd place with @TBongX and @kickenit4evr following close by.
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit '80s_26 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

Lap 3 and 1st to 5th gets closer. @aTinyPanda leads @TEX36 @TBongX @kickenit4evr and The Wolf
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit '80s_27 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

Tires begin to fail and @kickenit4evr visit the Kitty Litter and gives up 4th place
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit '80s_28 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

Lap 3 at Westfield Bend
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit '80s_29 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

Lap 4 after Graham Hill and Tex pushes a little wide getting one tire on the grass
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit '80s_30 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

Somehow he avoid the wall but his car goes sideways into the tarmac
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit '80s_31 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

@TBongX reacts but chooses to go high instead of low...
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit '80s_32 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

... and @TBongX collects the side of @TEX36 ...
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit '80s_33 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

... and the impact just buries him into the wall
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit '80s_34 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

Lap 4 at Graham Hill
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit '80s_35 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

Sneak Peak @Tangled_Up
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit '80s_36 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

6 second lead into the last few bends.... Pit Crew: You can try experimenting by getting a little grass to boost speed... @aTinyPanda Roger Roger
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit '80s_37 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

@aTinyPanda to PitCrew.. are you sure? getting a little squiggly here.. Pit Crew: yeah yeah specially into the last bend
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit '80s_38 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

@aTinyPanda Pit Crew.. You're fired!
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit '80s_39 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

@RipTheJacker awesome 5 laps of constant pressure he never ever let me out of his sights.
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit '80s_40 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

The Wolf drifting the Win!
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit '80s_41 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

While there was some heavy contact; everyone always was very careful rejoining the track! Great Racecraft from everyone in track.

Be patient on Turn 1 Lap 1 as you will have no grip on cold tires and keeping your lane will save a lot of racing incidents.

Back