◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,415 comments
Went to the Vancouver Auto Show tonight. Subaru had a booth setup with a BRZ GT300 car @ SSR5 Clubman. Set the fastest time of the day, could win a new Go Pro. Only got 2 laps. Ran a 52.581. Wasn't thrilled with it, but it was quick enough. Automatic and crappy left foot braking with shoes on. Those are my excuses haha.

Did any manufacturers have anything unique? At the NY Auto Show, Mazda had about 15 Miatas on display, each one unique. Some race versions, some modifications, some one-offs, some concepts. Very cool exhibit. I found this pic online. On the far right of the picture is a racing sim booth where you could do a lap of Laguna Seca in an MX-5 race car. The seat was on a rig that moved around based on the car in-game. I never felt anything like it. I had to get used to that while turning and then try to set a fast lap. Very tough. It felt very exaggerated in the turns.

auto-show-photos.asp

Went to the Vancouver Auto Show tonight. Subaru had a booth setup with a BRZ GT300 car @ SSR5 Clubman. Set the fastest time of the day, could win a new Go Pro. Only got 2 laps. Ran a 52.581. Wasn't thrilled with it, but it was quick enough. Automatic and crappy left foot braking with shoes on. Those are my excuses haha.

Did ya see the SCCBC booth while you were there? It had a formula ford, some ugly Diasio, and an old BMW 2002 in there

Did ya see the SCCBC booth while you were there? It had a formula ford, some ugly Diasio, and an old BMW 2002 in there

Yep. Checked out the 2002 and Formula Ford.

Did any manufacturers have anything unique? At the NY Auto Show, Mazda had about 15 Miatas on display, each one unique. Some race versions, some modifications, some one-offs, some concepts. Very cool exhibit. I found this pic online. On the far right of the picture is a racing sim booth where you could do a lap of Laguna Seca in an MX-5 race car. The seat was on a rig that moved around based on the car in-game. I never felt anything like it. I had to get used to that while turning and then try to set a fast lap. Very tough. It felt very exaggerated in the turns.

auto-show-photos.asp

It's not a big show for concepts or reveals. Didn't see much at the Mazda display. Toyota had a fugly Fuel Cell car, oogled the 918 Spyder, and checked out a Gallardo that looks to be in the Blancpain Endurance Series. All Canadian team!

Some food for thoght; "Overtaking"

Yes, there are rules that are clearly outlined in our OLR section.

Just because these rules exist dosn't mean you can race to YOUR LIMIT! and expect all the drivers in front of you to be perfect.
And make that Turn as good as you, brake as perfectly as you do, that's not gonna happen! In our league or in real life!
It is completely up to you wether to take that chance for that pass now or wait for a more successful opertunity!

I should probably just do everyone a favor and not race in practice rooms anymore.

Apologies to everyone.

No, no, no. Don't beat yourself up. Without too much quoting, @Wolfsatz and @WIDEeyedDRIVR are right. Stuff happens in the practice rooms but we like you guys around. We just need to remind ourselves to always look back at the big picture and also acknowledge some realities of our sport/hobby. By God's grace I don't stay upset anymore. I expect to see you around next week. With that said, I'm off to Tennessee... peace ya'll!

I should probably just do everyone a favor and not race in practice rooms anymore.

Apologies to everyone.
You need to/must race in the practice rooms as you get to know how the drivers race you, you learn how to race them!
You will race someone you practice with on Sunday at some point.
I try to practice with the fast guys and it helps me a lot!
Mistakes are opertunities to improve.

snailstewardsummary-jpg.259959

Race Date - Sun Mar 22 2015
Penalty Rate 55%
Banner by GamingPete

Below are the results of the 20 incidents the stewards reviewed.

Division 1 - 9 incidents on file
MM-leadfoot
  • Round 1 - Race 1 - Level 1 - 1 points.
  • Round 1 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 2 points.
  • Round 3 - Race 1 - Level 1 - 1 points.
  • 4 points total and 3 weeks probation.
STanc06
  • Round 3 - Race 1 - Level 2 - 5 points doubled to 10 for probation violation. 6 weeks probation remain.

Division 3 - 3 incidents on file
ConnorWolf
  • Round 2 - Race 1 - Level 2 - 5 points. 2 weeks probation.
pakicote
  • Round 1 - Race 2 - Level 2 - 7 points doubled to 14 for probation violation, halved for Self Report. 3 weeks probation remain.
SCHMEDRACER
  • Round 2 - Race 1 - Level 2 - 5 points doubled to 10 for probation violation. 6 weeks probation remain.

Division 4 - 1 incident on file
AMAMachinist
  • Round 1 - Race 1 - Level 3 - 10 points halved to 5 for self report. 3 weeks probation.

Division 8 - 5 incidents on file
DCschWinn
  • Round 2 - Race 2 - Level 2 - 5 points. 2 weeks probation.
Polygrizz
  • Round 1 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 4 points halved to 2 for self report.
  • Round 3 - Race 1 - Level 2 - 6 points halved to 3 for self report.
  • 5 points total and 3 weeks probation.

These results can be viewed on the SNAIL Steward Review Sheet.

Thanks to Handlebar-Man, tezgm99, USERID_77a23 and vsfit for their reviews this week.
Don't forget to claim your $hells for completing reviews.
:cheers:

These changes affect the final standings.
Full final results can be found here. @zer05ive & @JLBowler, these adjustments have been made in SNAIL Sunday Scoring and SNAIL Data sheets.
***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***

9 drivers cleared probation this week. Well done! :cheers:
*********************************************​

results2-jpg.253922
Here are the official results from our league night on March 22, 2015

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
  1. dgafaboutany1420 -- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 89 (80.83 for prize purposes only)
  2. AcidTestKids ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. SLC_VR6_V-Dub ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. vovik05 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. MM-leadfoot ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. beatin_the_odds --- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. STanc06 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. fizzer82 ---------- did not submit a vote
  9. msgt-sd ----------- did not submit a vote
Division 2
  1. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3 - 93 (64.70 for prize purposes only)
  2. GTP_Falango ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. turnupdaheat ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. ONESPACE ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. GTP_Compton3 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. Baby_Stig_ -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
Division 3
  1. ConnorWolf -------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 88 (110.53 for Prize B)
  2. Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. Rednose58 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. Wolfsatz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. Sand__68 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. nmcp1 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. CAPECOD104 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. Grandpas_Money ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. pakicote ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. drb1269247 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  11. SCHMEDRACER ------- did not submit a vote
  12. FloptaStr8 -------- did not submit a vote
Division 4
  1. GOTDIRT410sp ------ voted to eliminate Round 2 - 82 (87.15 for prize purposes only)
  2. RichyBugs --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. II-NOVA-II -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. USERID_77a23 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. kickenit4evr ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. jlbowler ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. AMAMachinist ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. JJLopez_427 ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. SGTSerb ----------- did not submit a vote
  10. DoublePass -------- did not submit a vote
Division 5
  1. WIDEeyedDRIVER ---- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 93 (73.68 for prize purposes only)
  2. THRASH_46 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. pkenuelo ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. MajorBlixem ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. TomMang_68 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. chatva ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
Division 6
  1. aLmk_69 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 90 (114.78 for Prize A)
  2. Die_Birdy_Die ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. Tangled_Up -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. TBongX ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. canuckleheadII ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. singlepaddy ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. lobbanmike -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. Piler ------------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  11. EBishiop ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
Division 7
  1. DesertPenguin09 --- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 91 (91.44 Ineligible for prizes for division missing replay deadline.)
  2. DeathToll_619 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. D6uzmanG ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. Engmatic1 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. BKM-540 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. syntorz ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. JamCar0ne --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. o8jedi ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. soundtiger95 ------ did not submit a vote
  10. Oog_42 ------------ did not submit a vote
Division 8
  1. vsfit ------------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 90.1 (90.54 Prize C Winner.)
  2. flip_jj ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. cmbeal317 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. edwin1017 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. sinna123sinna123 -- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. pubason ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. DCschWinn --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. Polygrizz --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. Ronwill73 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2

A tragedy has occurred at Nurburgring. Jann Mardenborough was involved in an incident that caused his car to clear the barrier and spectator catch fence. One spectator has died and there are others injured. It seems Jann walked away from the crash, but an official report hasn't been released. This link has a video of the incident from another spectator. It's shocking.

A tragedy has occurred at Nurburgring. Jann Mardenborough was involved in an incident that caused his car to clear the barrier and spectator catch fence. One spectator has died and there are others injured. It seems Jann walked away from the crash, but an official report hasn't been released. This link has a video of the incident from another spectator. It's shocking.
I just heard about this. My thoughts are with the team and the families of those affected.

On a lighter note, I decided to do some research with the Audi R8 LMS models in the game. They are not all identical as it would seem.

Same power and weight, but different PP. LMS ultra has less Downforce
-R8 LMS ultra '12 - 596 PP - 554 HP - 1250 kg - 300/550 Downforce
-R8 LMS ultra (Audi Sport Team Phoenix) '12 - 607 PP - 554 HP - 1250 kg - 350/730 Downforce

Suspension is looser than R8 LMS ultra. Ride Height is 90/90 compared to R8 LMS Ultra's 50/53. Lower?
-R8 LMS '09 - 596 PP - 554 HP - 1300 kg - 300/550 Downforce
-R8 LMS (Team PlayStation) '09 - Identical to R8 LMS '09

Suspension is slightly different from R8 LMS '09. Ride Height is 85/90
-R8 LMS - Team Oreca '10 - 594 PP - 554 HP - 1340 kg - 300/550 Downforce

So the best option is the R8 LMS Ultra '12 since it's premium (for photos) and doesn't have a livery so we don't all have the same number and look like one giant team lol. Second best is the standard option. It allows you to have some visual options. You can use the Team PlayStation car or the R8 LMS '09 which has some colors to choose from, letting you be a little custom.

That's a scary crash. It doesn't look like there was anything Jann could do about it, no fault on his part. My thoughts are with the family of the spectator that didn't make it, those that are injured, and Jann and his family.

That's a scary crash. It doesn't look like there was anything Jann could do about it, no fault on his part. My thoughts are with the family of the spectator that didn't make it, those that are injured, and Jann and his family.

I tend to agree with you. If there was video of the lead up to show why the car lost contact with the ground, then that would change my opinion. A very scary crash for sure.

:bowdown:Greetings fellow snails. Had another successful practice ''jam'' last night. Went on all night after taking over form @pubason abd @STEAMER62 . I might not be able to practice tonight as I have a busy day tomorrow but will be back for official race. On that note here is something my daughter helped me put together. all her idea and i just helped her put it together. I am hoping that this will start a trend as I am sure there are snails out there with better softwares and eye for this and make their own and post it on thread. so enjoy and ps. some how my image quality drops after rendering video but oh well it might just be my old faithful laptop so hope you enjoy and can not wait to see what other snails will come up with.

:gtpflag:

:bowdown:Greetings fellow snails. Had another successful practice ''jam'' last night. Went on all night after taking over form @pubason abd @STEAMER62 . I might not be able to practice tonight as I have a busy day tomorrow but will be back for official race. On that note here is something my daughter helped me put together. all her idea and i just helped her put it together. I am hoping that this will start a trend as I am sure there are snails out there with better softwares and eye for this and make their own and post it on thread. so enjoy and ps. some how my image quality drops after rendering video but oh well it might just be my old faithful laptop so hope you enjoy and can not wait to see what other snails will come up with.

Image quality drops quite a bit after rendering a video because of compression. I can browse around for some settings I've used for Youtube. It all depends on what the upper limits are for file size. Length of video will play into that too. What program are you using to export the video?

Image quality drops quite a bit after rendering a video because of compression. I can browse around for some settings I've used for Youtube. It all depends on what the upper limits are for file size. Length of video will play into that too. What program are you using to export the video?

I Tried using windows movie maker but for some reason it keeps shutting down my systems so can't be bothered with it and using wondersharde dvd slideshow delux. 30 day trial before i buy
i would like to see some replays edited and jazzed up with great music. i would do it my self but dont have the software and can't transfer replays to laptop,

Love it! and the song too!

Edit: very interesting F1 qualifier; may stay up late to catch the start at 230am EST:cheers:

Love it! and the song too!

Edit: very interesting F1 qualifier; may stay up late to catch the start at 230am EST:cheers:
I get out of work at midnight but I can't stay up to watch it. Have to be back at 11am-7pm. I'll watch the race after our races tomorrow night.

Back