◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,415 comments
I just got the sun setting on the wrong side of the track... it should be the sunrises that could be spectacular...

I'll have a go tonight with it. Will post results late tonight. I want to have a go with some heavier Photoshop work on something from Mount Panorama too, with the landscape involved. Hope I have time for that in the next week or so.

PRATICE LAST NIGHT... @Mike Lobban leads the charge!!!

image.jpg

I REALLY LIKE THE YELLOW CAR IN THIS SHOT.

Wow - the brief rain at the track today was... almost frightening. Not too much actual moisture, but corner I had been taking at 60-80 went down to 35 with counter steering. Even my instructor was commenting on how slick the track was becoming. I'd liken the experience to learning something you know is important, you learn a great deal, but the experience isn't so much 'fun' as 'riveting' (as long as riveting means you are wondering if you'll make a corner when you're sliding around and hoping you don't hit a tree...).

I'm going to make it an early night - no rain for the rest of the weekend, and I'm looking forward at less "Granny speed" driving.

I'll get some sweet sunrise photos to ya @Falango in a sec

Edit: Here they are!

Attachments

• Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit.jpg
    Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_1.jpg
    Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_1.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_2.jpg
    Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_2.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_3.jpg
    Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_3.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_4.jpg
    Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_4.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Wow - the brief rain at the track today was... almost frightening. Not too much actual moisture, but corner I had been taking at 60-80 went down to 35 with counter steering. Even my instructor was commenting on how slick the track was becoming. I'd liken the experience to learning something you know is important, you learn a great deal, but the experience isn't so much 'fun' as 'riveting' (as long as riveting means you are wondering if you'll make a corner when you're sliding around and hoping you don't hit a tree...).

I'm going to make it an early night - no rain for the rest of the weekend, and I'm looking forward at less "Granny speed" driving.
Good luck Handlebar!

im just gonna say it... How big are those setups? cos I play in my family's living room on a couch :(

I assume you're talking about some of the rigs we use. You can see mine in my sig below. Once one post them up others will usually follow.

Also what are shells.

Everything you ever wanted to know about $hells and The SNAIL Marketplace.

Also can I participate in the TT?

You can find the SNAIL TT's in the club lobby. Everyone is welcome to run them. Periodically the results will be posted to the thread like this.

snailstewardsummary-jpg.259959

Race Date - Sun Apr 05 2015
Penalty Rate 73%
Banner by GamingPete

Below are the results of the 15 incidents the stewards reviewed.

Division 2 - 9 incidents on file.
MikeGrove
  • Round 1 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 1 point. 1 week probation.
MSgtGunny
  • Round 3 - Race 1 - Level 2 - 8 points. 2 weeks probation.
RipTheJackerrr
  • Round 3 - Race 1 - Level 1 - 4 points doubled to 8 for probation violation. 6 weeks probation remain.
turnupdaheat
  • Round 1 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 4 points doubled to 8 for probation violation, halved for self report.
  • Round 3 - Race 1 - Level 1 - 3 points doubled to 6 for probation violation, halved for self report.
  • 7 points total. 3 weeks probation remain.

Division 4 - 1 incident on file.
kickenit4evr
  • Round 1 - Race 1 - Level 3 - 9 points. 3 weeks probation.

Division 5 - 2 incidents on file.
chatva
  • Round 1 - Race 1 - Level 5 - 45 points doubled to 90 for probation violation. 6 weeks probation remain.
Die_Birdy_Die
  • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 4 - 14 points halved to 7 for self report. 4 weeks probation.

Division 7 - 3 incidents on file.
blueninjacivic
  • Round 3 - Race 1 - Level 2 - 7 points doubled to 14 for probation violation.
syntorz
  • Round 1 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 3 points.
  • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 2 - 6 points.
  • 9 points total and 3 weeks probation.

These results can be viewed on the SNAIL Steward Review Sheet.

Thanks to Handlebar-Man, JLBowler, Joe_DiBen, Nail-27, tezgm99, USERID_77a23 and vsfit for their reviews this week.
Don't forget to claim your $hells for completing reviews.
:cheers:

These changes affect the final standings.
Full final results can be found here. @zer05ive & @JLBowler, these adjustments have been made in SNAIL Sunday Scoring and SNAIL Data sheets.
***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***

7 drivers cleared probation this week. Well done! :cheers:
*********************************************​

Hey guys! Doubt anybody remembers me, but I participated in SNAIL for a little while back in 2012 (I think).. and I've juuust been getting back into the Gran Tursimo mood. I'd love to join up with you guys if there's room for me this weekend! Thanks!

Some of us remember you! Welcome back!

The goal is new driver placement tomorrow night. I had a fundraiser dinner tonight where I was doing the cooking of the chicken. Meat over fire is always good. I have to take my 8th graders to a basketball tournament tomorrow in Oakland and will be gone most of the day. If placement doesn't get done tomorrow night, I will get on it first thing Sunday morning. All times I mention are Pacific time.

results2-jpg.253922
Here are the official results from our league night on April 5, 2015

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
  1. fizzer82 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 80 (78.92 for prize purposes only)
  2. msgt-sd ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. STanc06 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. dgafaboutany1420 -- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. beatin_the_odds --- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. vovik05 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. SLC_VR6_V-Dub ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. AcidTestKids ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. CRG_Racer24 ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. jared_93 ---------- did not submit a vote
Division 2
  1. ConnorWolf -------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 90 (95.25 for Prize B)
  2. ONESPACE ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. vincentq4 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. GTP_Falango ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. Baby_Stig_ -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. turnupdaheat ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. MikeGrove --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. RipTheJackerrr ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. Gouletzky --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  11. MSgtGunny --------- did not submit a vote
Division 3
  1. pakicote ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 84 (72.32 for prize purposes only)
  2. nmcp1 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. Rednose58 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. CAPECOD104 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. Wolfsatz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. Grandpas_Money ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. drb1269247 -------- did not submit a vote
  8. GOTDIRT410sp ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. Lessenjr ---------- did not submit a vote
Division 4
  1. dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 3 - 78 (76.95 for prize purposes only)
  2. II-NOVA-II -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. WIDEeyedDRIVER ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. RichyBugs --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. USERID_77a23 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. AMAMachinist ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. jlbowler ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. kickenit4evr ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. JJLopez_427 ------- did not submit a vote
  10. SPiiTTFiiRE ------- did not submit a vote
Division 5
  1. whatbadgerseat ---- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 80 (100.45 for Prize A)
  2. THRASH_46 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. CoachMK21 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. MajorBlixem ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. Die_Birdy_Die ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. TomMang_68 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. SGTSerb ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. Danimal780 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. WraithQueen8 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  11. chatva ------------ did not submit a vote
  12. Kiba_Stryker ------ did not submit a vote
Division 6
  1. canuckleheadII ---- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 81 (92.99 for Prize C)
  2. ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. BKM-540 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. Tangled_Up -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. aeroliteflight ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. singlepaddy ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. DesertPenguin09 --- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. lobbanmike -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. EBishiop ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  11. rkzjb04 ----------- did not submit a vote
Division 7
  1. ShrumpRacer86 ----- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 85 (64.04 for prize purposes only)
  2. HandlebarMustash -- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. DeathToll_619 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. vsfit ------------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. syntorz ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. JamCar0ne --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. blueninjacivic ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
Division 8
  1. Hellbringer2m6 ---- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 87 (82.71 for prize purposes only)
  2. pubason ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. o8jedi ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. cmbeal317 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. sinna123sinna123 -- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. BustedFoSho ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. ronwill73 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. Polygrizz --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. DCschWinn --------- voted to eliminate Round 1

one more question: I never got told what time these are... I live in Australia and im hoping its not at 3am or something :P

Sunday night races start at 9:30EST. The first post has Sunday night race info, and a link to a post that will answer 99.9% of your questions about SNAIL.

I'd liken fun to riveting any day considering the context. :lol:

Spirited runs in the rain is love

Hey guys! Doubt anybody remembers me, but I participated in SNAIL for a little while back in 2012 (I think).. and I've juuust been getting back into the Gran Tursimo mood. I'd love to join up with you guys if there's room for me this weekend! Thanks!

@ianjames25

Here's your official SNAIL Re-Welcome Post!
Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add @CoachMK21, @Dragonwhisky, @JLBowler, @nmcp1 & @zer05ive as participants. The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing club. Sunday races are organized exclusively through the GT6 Community features within the game.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread. If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

You and Jeff should come out of retirement and race.

I can't make Sunday night and still make work Monday morning, but I pop into practice now and again. Jeff moved on to iracing but both of us have been on hiatus from competition for a bit.

A few months back I was kicking round the idea of another 'Stamina' but as real race season has arrived I'm not sure that I could commit. Good to see some old names and old folks still turning the wheel.

Back