◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,413 comments
@QEDXY , I try to get on Thursdays after 4:00 p.m. for an hour or so.I can't stay up after 9:00 through the week due to work.Would enjoy practicing with you if we could hook up. :)

@Raw10_2u I don't usually get home from work until Friday evenings. I used to take the PS3 on the road with me but I got tired of packing and repacking with only having lousy Wi-Fi in the hotels.

In the original GRID, did anyone else notice that if you do an AWD donut, the car will continue to spin around faster and faster until the framerate is no longer fast enough to look like you're spinning, just looking at random parts of the track in no discernable order? I never tried doing it until the game crashed but I suspect it would eventually since the car was probably spinning at like 10,000rpm or more...

21 years ago today, Ayrton Senna left this world. As a way to celebrate and remember, let's post our favorite Senna memory. I know some of you saw him race in person and it would be great to hear your stories. I don't remember any specific race, but my dad loved him and that was enough for me - he was just so fast.

Like @aerolite, I was lucky enough to see Senna and quite a few other greats in 1986 when I traveled over to Brands Hatch for the British GP. As it happened, the very 1st car I saw when I entered was Senna and I remember the hairs on the back of my neck standing up.

The Williams was too quick for everyone that weekend but Senna qualified best of the rest. I managed to take these couple of shots of him in action (sorry to those who have already seen these). They're not great but they're mine!

g03u.jpg

tibc.jpg

I put together more of my story that weekend in this thread a few years ago: http://www.backroads.ie/forums/showthread.php?9871-1986-F1-British-GP-Pics

Senna's Qualy lap:

Piquet's Pole lap:

General atmosphere:

Hosting a practice if any of you want to hop in. Will host another tomorrow. Reopened. Room number:
1472 4711 0167 3382 7731

Last edited:
snailstewardsummary-jpg.259959

Race Date - Sun Apr 26 2015
Penalty Rate ??%
Banner by GamingPete

Below are the results of the 4 incidents the stewards reviewed.

Division 4 - 1 incident on file
QEDXY
  • Round 2 - Race 1 - Level 3 - 9 points. 3 weeks probation.

Division 6 - 3 incidents on file
DesertPenguin09
  • Round 3 - Race 1 - Level 1 - 4 points. 1 week probation.
lobbanmike
  • Round 2 - Race 2 - Level 2 - 6 points. 2 weeks probation.
singlepaddy
  • Round 2 - Race 1 - Level 1 - 3 points doubled to 6 for probation violation, halved to 3 for self report. 4 weeks probation remain.

These results can be viewed on the SNAIL Steward Review Sheet.

Thanks to USERID_77a23 and vsfit for their reviews this week.
Don't forget to claim your $hells for completing reviews.
:cheers:

These changes affect the final standings.
Full final results can be found here. @zer05ive & @JLBowler, these adjustments will be made in SNAIL Sunday Scoring and SNAIL Data sheets.
***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***

4 drivers cleared probation this week. Well done! :cheers:

results2-jpg.253922
Here are the official results from our league night on April 26, 2015

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
  1. Adventuruss ------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 89 (64.08 for prize purposes only)
  2. AcidTestKids ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. msgt-sd ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. high_five_city ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. fizzer82 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. STanc06 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
Division 2
  1. ConnorWolf -------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 93 (85.56 for prize purposes only)
  2. ONESPACE ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. MSgtGunny --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. Gouletzky --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. turnupdaheat ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. Xrad-11 ----------- did not submit a vote
  7. MikeGrove --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. gulin24 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
Division 3
  1. Rednose58 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 87 (93.96 for prize purposes only)
  2. drb1269247 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. kgffty ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. nmcp1 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. Wolfsatz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. CAPECOD104 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. iceburgeson ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. GOTDIRT410sp ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. flesxruoyxllik ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. baja_j ------------ did not submit a vote
Division 4
  1. aLmk_69 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 91 (129.22 for Prize A)
  2. II-NOVA-II -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. AMAMachinist ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. kickenit4evr ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. WIDEeyedDRIVER ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. USERID_77a23 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. jlbowler ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. spyagent1439 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. Raw10_2u ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  11. x_NoSkill2Kill_x - voted to eliminate Round 2
  12. QEDXY ------------- voted to eliminate Round 2
Division 5
  1. TomMang_68 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 85.1 (68.08 for prize purposes only)
  2. pkenuelo ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. Die_Birdy_Die ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. MajorBlixem ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. chatva ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. Driftin_Assassin -- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. THRASH_46 --------- did not submit a vote
Division 6
  1. Tangled_Up -------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 79 (94.80 for Prize C)
  2. TBongX ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. canuckleheadII ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. singlepaddy ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. CallmeMike41 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. BKM-540 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. DesertPenguin09 --- voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. lobbanmike -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
Division 7
  1. McTrucker000 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3 - 91 (65.52 for prize purposes only)
  2. ShrumpRacer86 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. bogoz214 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. JamCar0ne --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. HandlebarMustash -- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. Warlooker --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
Division 8
  1. BustedFoSho ------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 86 (98.04 for Prize B)
  2. Hellbringer2m6 ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. o8jedi ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. sedia3 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. pubason ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. D1_driver_83 ------ did not submit a vote
  7. sinna123sinna123 -- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. ronwill73 --------- did not submit a vote
  9. Polygrizz --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. cmbeal317 --------- did not submit a vote

@Raw10_2u I don't usually get home from work until Friday evenings. I used to take the PS3 on the road with me but I got tired of packing and repacking with only having lousy Wi-Fi in the hotels.

I understand completely,my schedule is looking pretty ugly as well.I may have to put my passion (Racing)to the side for a while as an complete change in professions may be on the horizon in the very near future.I have 2 interviews this week for the same position,and have to finish up this semester's grades and test's with my current students.If you catch me online,message me and maybe we can run together for a while.I hope you didn't get aggravated with me yesterday,I was just trying to goad you (in the positive) a little.I will keep all my S.N.A.I.L. brethren apprised of my situation regarding the time I will be able to allocate to this thing we all love!

@Raw10_2u That was good for me last night. My times were getting much better. I still get through the upper hairpin faster than you though. :)

Just saw my IR, really looking forward to being set with a division of drivers that I should be driving with. Will that be tonight or will it be a weekend off for me? :)

Last edited:
Just watched the replay of the racer in 1st for round one of GT Academy and all I can say is wow. With a time of 2.04.493. Using some drifting in his technique.

snailstewardsummary-jpg.259959

Race Date - Sun Apr 26 2015
Penalty Rate ??%
Banner by GamingPete

Below are the results of the 4 incidents the stewards reviewed.

Division 4 - 1 incident on file
QEDXY
  • Round 2 - Race 1 - Level 3 - 9 points. 3 weeks probation.

Wishing that I saved my own set of replays. I can't figure out how to view them on the PS after downloading them. Lesson learned I suppose.

Just watched the replay of the racer in 1st for round one of GT Academy and all I can say is wow. With a time of 2.04.493. Using some drifting in his technique.

Yeah, I've read that some (many?) at the top of the charts are using the e-brake. That's not very sim, but hey... We all have it at our disposal. I'm just trying to stay in the top 2000.

Yeah, I've read that some (many?) at the top of the charts are using the e-brake. That's not very sim, but hey... We all have it at our disposal. I'm just trying to stay in the top 2000.
Yea I want to see them try and pull that off in real life. It's their technique and it works just not very realistic.

thx for the link as reminder 👍
man this is is an amazing speed they're crusing around here :eek: , so big difference between the classes... The Austrian driver Alexander Wurz ( former F1 driver ) is 6th at the moment with the Toyota :)👍
cheers :cheers:

oups, think I forgot the
images

lol
They putting times down almost as fast as the F1 cars what the announcers where saying

Back