◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,416 comments

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on August 14, 2022

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
  1. Timlour ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 90 (88.16 for Prize B)
  2. Ice_Warden -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. Phlano_099 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. Showery_thornO ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. no1needs2perish --- did not submit a vote
Division 2
  1. TURBO91stdCIVIC --- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 94 (86.33 for Prize C)
  2. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. EvoSpec10 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. RizlaTML ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. Malizaghi --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
Division 3
  1. Canoworms1 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 97 (106.89 for Prize A)
  2. Track_King47 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. cesarr64 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. Flyingdisc315 ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. ruggermole -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. Skills_19657 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - BMW M6 GT3 Endurance Model '16 (RH) at Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps - S04 Evening (6 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @CANOWORMS1 wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C4) '89 (SS) at High Speed Ring - S01 Afternoon (11 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @Timlour gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @Turbo91stdcivic so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated, so picking cars and/or tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more important is that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, any car you select must not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in a draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to choose the Integra Type R as your car selection, post "Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '98". If you want to select Monza for your track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". Being specific helps us to update the lineup accurately and also helps avoid any confusion among the drivers. Also, please be sure to list the HP and Weight (LBS) of any car you select. For track selections, include the time of day (e.g: 09:00 Clear) or else it will be left to default.

Car Selection Guidelines
See Section 3 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines.

Track Selection Guidelines
See Section 3.1 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines

Decided to give “Sport” a try and regretted it immediately.

Tried the 15 lap GT3 car race where you have use RH and RM tires.

Saying it was like NASCAR would be a disservice to nascar drivers. This felt closer to Mad Max: Fury Road. These guys are literally trying to kill me. And they succeeded.

There were a few times where I was just going past people on the straight and they just turned into me and ran me off the road. No penalties either apparently. And the times I did get past, they just purposefully ran into me from behind.

And it could have been worse because several of their attempts resulted in them ghosting before hitting me.

But no penalties. Wtf?

Managed to recover from last to 1st due to the length of the race but ultimately finished 2nd after the guy I passed for 1st deliberately ran me off the road going into the next corner after I passed him.

Again, the only penalties handed out at the end were for not pitting.

Not sure it’s worth the hassle trying to raise my notorious D rating.

Last edited:
View media item 2540
This week's prize winners are clear to make their selections. Good racing!

The IR Submission Form is now closed.

We have no incidents on file.

Banner by @GamingPete

D1 is ineligible for prizes this week due to allowing three instances of drivers with either the incorrect or non-conforming car to participate.

The prize winners are as follows:
1st for prize A - @CANOWORMS1
2nd for the choice to use or pass the freeze - @Turbo91stdcivic who will be a repeat winner if he chooses to pass the freeze.
3rd @Track_King47 will have what ever the 2nd prize winner doesn't choose.

All three will be included in a conversation in the next few minutes that will contain instructions and deadlines.

All hosts should be checking cars to make sure they are correct and conforming. Add on body parts are not allowed. Widebody modification is not allowed. Different car models are not allowed.

Saying it was like NASCAR would be a disservice to nascar drivers. This felt closer to Mad Max: Fury Road. These guys are literally trying to kill me. And they succeeded.

There were a few times where I was just going past people on the straight and they just turned into me and ran me off the road. No penalties either apparently. And the times I did get past, they just purposefully ran into me from behind.

And it could have been worse because several of their attempts resulted in them ghosting before hitting me.

But no penalties. Wtf?

Managed to recover from last to 1st due to the length of the race but ultimately finished 2nd after the guy I passed for 1st deliberately ran me off the road going into the next corner after I passed him.

For those who may dream of a better penalty system if they dared to spend the exorbitant amount for iRacing, fahgit bout it. It’s the same in that penalties get delivered to all involved. It’s a no-fault system (screws all parties equally). And there’s an abundant amount of people who don’t care about their safety rating.

Last edited:

But no penalties. Wtf?

I’ve noticed getting your rating up to A/S makes a huge difference and I’ve been lucky too have some fantastic racing, other side I agree I’ve also raced in demolition rooms,

One thing I hate about Sport mode are the Yellow flag Penalties, sometimes don’t have time to slow for yellow or bad timing and bam Penalty lol.

Prize A selection:

Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo 250,000 Cr 616hp 2469 lbs. at Trial Mountain Circuit - Reverse. Weather: S03 Dry, Cloudy and Pleasant. Time of day: Sunset.

Edit: RM tires.
Edit #2: I clocked a 1:56.8 lap time.

Last edited:
Sunday Night Combos.png
Gran Turismo 7

Sunday, August 21, 2022 Lineup
August 2022 Season - League Night #3
1. Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C4) '89 on SS Tires @ Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit - C05 Late Morning - (8 Laps)
2. Nissan Silvia spec-R Aero (S15) Touring Car on RH Tires @ Autodromo de Interlagos - S01 Afternoon - (9 Laps)
3. Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo on RM Tires @ Trial Mountain Circuit - Reverse - S03 Sunset - (8 Laps)

1660737161175.png

If anyone ever wants to practice a combo, feel free to send me a message on PSN or Telegram (same @, and I get push notifications) and I can probably hop on too. Its been hard to find folks to play with lately.

If anyone ever wants to practice a combo, feel free to send me a message on PSN or Telegram (same @, and I get push notifications) and I can probably hop on too. Its been hard to find folks to play with lately.
I was looking for a practice lobby and found NOTHING. Where are all the snails?

Last edited:
Tried the Sport mode again with better results.

Did the Lago race again but qualified near the front. This time most of my opponents were rated C. Apparently There are certain ringer cars that people already know about but I don’t.

Anyways had a mostly clean race and finished 3rd and my rating made it to C.

You guys must race Sport a LOT to have A rating. My DR barely moved after winning the next race.

Then I thought I would try the Blue Moon race in FF cars with CS tires. Didn’t really have anything that really fit the bill within specs so I modded the piss out of a spare Integra ‘98 I had.

Big mistake. I’m the only “other” car in a sea of ringer Scirrocco Rs. Qualified near the bottom. Made up some places to finish 4th just by attrition.

Wondered why my DR rating didn’t move and realized that race doesn’t affect DR. Wtf. Did all that modding for nothing. Big waste of time.

Well up to a low C at least.

I bought the the 89 ZR1 from the Used Car Dealer. It comes with 375 HP. If a lobby is set to limit HP to 370, guess what?
This was addressed last week. It actually doesn't matter. In order to get tuning prohibited, BoP has to be enabled. If you look at the lobby settings for GT7; HP, weight, and PP are set to no limit as having BoP enabled levels everyone.

This was addressed last week. It actually doesn't matter. In order to get tuning prohibited, BoP has to be enabled. If you look at the lobby settings for GT7; HP, weight, and PP are set to no limit as having BoP enabled levels everyone.
Well I think the issue arises when the host sets all the details like HP, weight etc to certain limits. Last week Tim set it to 370 initially until we realized it wouldn’t let some of us in. So he had to reset it.

My thing is I don’t think rooms need to be micro-set like that as long as it’s no tuning and we are in the same car, it should be fine.

Well I think the issue arises when the host sets all the details like HP, weight etc to certain limits. Last week Tim set it to 370 initially until we realized it wouldn’t let some of us in. So he had to reset it.

My thing is I don’t think rooms need to be micro-set like that as long as it’s no tuning and we are in the same car, it should be fine.
You are correct.

If anyone is planning on hosting you need to know the settings.

Here is a link to the settings. Link. This is also linked in the SNAIL OLR P&G thread under lobby settings. HP, weight, and PP should be set to "no limit". The BoP takes care of it all.

Back