◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,415 comments
1660556721197.png

Scores for 9/11 have been copied to Data

It would appear that a refresher is needed in regards to what can be done to a car and keep it legal for SNAIL. The below is copy / pasted from here.

Definition of Tuning Prohibited
Tuning Prohibited in SNAIL means that you are not allowed to do anything to the car that changes it's performance in any way, shape, or form.

Below is a list of what you are allowed, or required, to do:

1. Change tires (may be required depending on the car)
2. Change wheels. Different sizes are acceptable. Different offset and width is not allowed until further testing can be done.
3. Change the appearance of the car using the livery editor.

You may not adjust any other setting or replace / upgrade any other part of the car. If what you are thinking about doing to your car is not in the above list, don't do it. Only the 3 items listed above are allowed under SNAIL rules.

Maintenance items, i.e. oil change, chassis restore, engine restore are allowed as they only return the car to original spec.

Good morning internet; I need some clarification about how the host should set the lobby for each combo in regards to BOP and the cars max HP and min Weight. Snails own 'lobby rules' say No for BOP.

If BOP is set on it may or not adjust the cars default HP and weight. This is a significant change for how a practice session with like AI cars. And why do we bother to list the settings if BOP is deviating from them?

Good morning internet; I need some clarification about how the host should set the lobby for each combo in regards to BOP and the cars max HP and min Weight. Snails own 'lobby rules' say No for BOP.

If BOP is set on it may or not adjust the cars default HP and weight. This is a significant change for how a practice session with like AI cars. And why do we bother to list the settings if BOP is deviating from them?
You might want to re-read the lobby settings.

SNAIL Lobby Settings Also pasted below. It is noted in the SNAIL OLR P&G that this is a work in progress.

Standard Lobby Settings for SNAILRACING.ORG
Basic Settings
Room Mode:Practice / Race
Room PrivacyPublic *
Room Settings
Room Name:Snailracing.org - Div. x MEMBERS ONLY
Race TypeRace for Real
Fixed Room OwnershipNo **
Max no of participants16
Required Sportsmanship Rating--
Required Sportsmanship Rating--
Track Settings
TrackAs per Combo Information
No. of LapsAs per Combo Information (target is not to exceed 840 seconds race duration)
Time Limit-- (As per combo. We do not run timed races)
Time /Weather Settings
Weather Selection MethodPreset Weather
Preset WeatherAs per Combo Information
Equal Conditions ModeOn
Time of DayAs per Combo Information
Variable Time Speed Rate--
Surface Water at Start0%
Race Settings
Start TypeGrid Start (Rolling Start only allowed under special conditions)
Grid Order ***R1R1: Manual Grid as per "Grid List" based on Season Points
R1R2: Reverse Grid Based on Previous Race Results
R2R1: Grid Based on Previous Race Results
R2R2: Reverse Grid Based on Previous Race Results
R3R1: Grid Based on Previous Race Results
R3R2: Reverse Grid Based on Previous Race Results
BoP/Tuning ForbiddenOn
TuningProhibited
BoostNone
Slip Stream StrengthReal
Visible DamageOff
Mechanical DamageLight
Tire Wear1x
Fuel ConsumptionOff
Initial FuelDefault
Grip Reduction Off TrackReal
Race Finish Delay90 sec
Overtaking System Usage Time MultiplierDefault
Regulation Settings
Filter by CategoryNo Limit
PP LimitNo Limit
Max Power OutputNo Limit
Minimum WeightNo Limit
Tire TypeAs per Combo information
Useable TiresAs per Combo information
Required TiresAs per Combo information
NitrousCannot Be Installed
Kart UsageOn or Off as per Combo Information
Penalty Settings
Shortcut PenaltyOff
Wall Collision PenaltyOff
Correct Vehicle Course After Wall CollissionOff
Car Collision PenaltyOff
Pit Lane Line-Cutting PenaltyOff
Ghosting During RaceOff
Flag RulesOff
Limit Driving Options
Countersteering AssistProhibited
Active Stability Management (ASM)Prohibited
Driving Line AssistProhibited
Traction ControlNo Limit
ABSNo Limit
Auto-DriveProhibited

Last edited:
That is not the settings you get when one clicks on "lobby settings" in the first page. But this is clear. Thank you.

Still, BOP: On, will deviate from what is being listed by the combo sheet.

That is not the settings you get when one clicks on "lobby settings" in the first page. But this is clear. Thank you.

Still, BOP: On, will deviate from what is being listed by the combo sheet.
Which link are you using? If it's going to the wrong place, we need to get it fixed.

As far a listing the settings for each car, it's to determine which tires are used and could be used by drivers to quickly verify that their car is stock by matching up the numbers. It's not really critical that they are displayed as long as we have to use BoP.

Edit: Found the link that was being referred to and corrected it.

Last edited:
It would appear that a refresher is needed in regards to what can be done to a car and keep it legal for SNAIL. The below is copy / pasted from here.

Definition of Tuning Prohibited
Tuning Prohibited in SNAIL means that you are not allowed to do anything to the car that changes it's performance in any way, shape, or form.

Below is a list of what you are allowed, or required, to do:

1. Change tires (may be required depending on the car)
2. Change wheels. Different sizes are acceptable. Different offset and width is not allowed until further testing can be done.
3. Change the appearance of the car using the livery editor.

You may not adjust any other setting or replace / upgrade any other part of the car. If what you are thinking about doing to your car is not in the above list, don't do it. Only the 3 items listed above are allowed under SNAIL rules.

Maintenance items, i.e. oil change, chassis restore, engine restore are allowed as they only return the car to original spec.
QQ regarding #3 .. the livery editor, if downloading from the showcase, sometimes i notice some cars have diff wings etc. is that acceptable or should we be avoiding that as well?

thanks

QQ regarding #3 .. the livery editor, if downloading from the showcase, sometimes i notice some cars have diff wings etc. is that acceptable or should we be avoiding that as well?

thanks
Early on when shopping for liveries and paying attention to PPs, I noticed some things. Some of my acquired liveries changed the PP, some up, some down. Notably front spoilers, side skirts, wings, rear diffusers, roll cages. Some cosmetic items had no change: hood pins, headlight colour, tow hooks. To make it easy for me I just remove it all. I do change wheels, but never alter offset or anything else.

Early on when shopping for liveries and paying attention to PPs, I noticed some things. Some of my acquired liveries changed the PP, some up, some down. Notably front spoilers, side skirts, wings, rear diffusers, roll cages. Some cosmetic items had no change: hood pins, headlight colour, tow hooks. To make it easy for me I just remove it all. I do change wheels, but never alter offset or anything else.
You wouldn't happen to have a list of what add-ons have an effect on performance and which ones don't?

If we had that, we could possibly allow more cosmetic changes.

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on September 11, 2022

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
  1. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2 - 94 (120.66 for Prize A)
  2. Timlour ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 85 (109.11 for Prize C)
  3. Kgffty ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. Showery_thornO ---- did not submit a vote
  7. TURBO91stdCIVIC --- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. Fudman420 --------- did not submit a vote
  9. no1needs2perish --- did not submit a vote
Division 2
  1. Canoworms1 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 95 (68.06 for Prize B)
  2. RizlaTML ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. Skills_19657 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. Track_King47 ------ did not submit a vote
  5. Flyingdisc315 ----- did not submit a vote
  6. McTrucker000 ------ did not submit a vote
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - Nissan GT-R NISMO '17 (RM) at Alsace Village - S01 Afternoon (7 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @Nicktune wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - Nissan Silvia spec-R Aero (S15) Touring Car (RH) at Autodromo de Interlagos - S01 Afternoon (9 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @CANOWORMS1 gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @Timlour so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated, so picking cars and/or tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more important is that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, any car you select must not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in a draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to choose the Integra Type R as your car selection, post "Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '98". If you want to select Monza for your track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". Being specific helps us to update the lineup accurately and also helps avoid any confusion among the drivers. Also, please be sure to list the HP and Weight (LBS) of any car you select. For track selections, include the time of day (e.g: 09:00 Clear) or else it will be left to default.

Car Selection Guidelines
See Section 3 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines.

Track Selection Guidelines
See Section 3.1 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines

"I have read the first post and would like to join,"
@Raw10_2u

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Back Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL Racing League:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add zer05ive, JLBowler, nmcp1, Rednose58, MajorBlixem, SAMHAIN85, llNovall & Akzl298
as participants.

The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL

View media item 2540
This week's prize winners are clear to make their selections. Good racing!

The IR Submission Form is now closed.

We have no incidents on file.

Banner by @GamingPete

@Timlour @Nicktune @CANOWORMS1 will be included in a conversation that will include instructions and deadlines.

Edit: Tagged the wrong individual. The individual that was supposed to be tagged is aware of this post.

Last edited:
You wouldn't happen to have a list of what add-ons have an effect on performance and which ones don't?

If we had that, we could possibly allow more cosmetic changes.
Here’s what I was able to find regarding car customization and its effect on PP.

Cars tested:
  • Eunos Roadster ’89
  • Corvette ZR-1 ’89
  • Nissan GT-R Nismo ’17
  • Ferrari Gr 4
  • Supra Gr 3
    • Note: For the Gr 3 & 4 cars the only changes allowed were wheels (diameter, rim width and offset where unavailable). The following only applies to the first 3 cars.
For each car I made all possible additions/changes available in “GT Auto”: ‘Wheels’, ‘Custom Parts' (aero parts), 'Racing Items’ and 'Other Parts’, .

Things that had no effect on PP:
  • Racing Items:
    • hood pins
    • tow hooks.
  • Other Parts: Caliper colour was not available during this test.
    • lightbulb colour,
    • license plate,
    • front grille.
  • Custom Parts: side rails.

Things that always altered PP:
  • Custom Parts:
    • Front: up and down by 0.2 - 0.5%.
    • Rear: Down by 0.2% (cosmetics). Up by 2 - 3% (diffusers).
    • Wings: Down by 0.2 - 0.6%.

• Racing items:
    • Roll Cages: down by 0.1%

Wheels (an outlier)
  • Changing rim diameter and offset only had an effect on the Eunos.
  • Changing wheels with standard diameter, width and offset had no effect.

IMO anything that alters PP changes the performance of the car and should not be allowed in Snail.

In the case of aerodynamics (front, rear and wings) the change in PP is mostly down, which I attribute to increased drag and perhaps increased weight. I think the increased drag should also produce more downforce, increasing performance. I don’t know if that is in the physics of GT7, but it sure is when you move from Gr4 to Gr3 and Gr1 cars.

Same for roll cages; the PP goes down due to increased weight. However, body rigidity is a factor in GT7 and roll cages in the real world increase the rigidity of the chassis. Don’t know if this detail is addressed in GT7.

I would, however vote to allow wheel changes, provided they are kept standard, as they are a major cosmetic consideration for me.

Here’s what I was able to find regarding car customization and its effect on PP.

Cars tested:
  • Eunos Roadster ’89
  • Corvette ZR-1 ’89
  • Nissan GT-R Nismo ’17
  • Ferrari Gr 4
  • Supra Gr 3
    • Note: For the Gr 3 & 4 cars the only changes allowed were wheels (diameter, rim width and offset where unavailable). The following only applies to the first 3 cars.
For each car I made all possible additions/changes available in “GT Auto”: ‘Wheels’, ‘Custom Parts' (aero parts), 'Racing Items’ and 'Other Parts’, .

Things that had no effect on PP:
  • Racing Items:
    • hood pins
    • tow hooks.
  • Other Parts: Caliper colour was not available during this test.
    • lightbulb colour,
    • license plate,
    • front grille.
  • Custom Parts: side rails.

Things that always altered PP:
  • Custom Parts:
    • Front: up and down by 0.2 - 0.5%.
    • Rear: Down by 0.2% (cosmetics). Up by 2 - 3% (diffusers).
    • Wings: Down by 0.2 - 0.6%.

• Racing items:
    • Roll Cages: down by 0.1%

Wheels (an outlier)
  • Changing rim diameter and offset only had an effect on the Eunos.
  • Changing wheels with standard diameter, width and offset had no effect.

IMO anything that alters PP changes the performance of the car and should not be allowed in Snail.

In the case of aerodynamics (front, rear and wings) the change in PP is mostly down, which I attribute to increased drag and perhaps increased weight. I think the increased drag should also produce more downforce, increasing performance. I don’t know if that is in the physics of GT7, but it sure is when you move from Gr4 to Gr3 and Gr1 cars.

Same for roll cages; the PP goes down due to increased weight. However, body rigidity is a factor in GT7 and roll cages in the real world increase the rigidity of the chassis. Don’t know if this detail is addressed in GT7.

I would, however vote to allow wheel changes, provided they are kept standard, as they are a major cosmetic consideration for me.
Perhaps all the PP goes out the window (couldn’t pass the chance at the pun) when BoP is on. This would be worth testing. Get the highest downforce wing and set to max and a second (same car) but with no wing (or tiny), get in lobby with BoP “on” and check out the downforce in settings menu (should be grayed out). Verify downforce in settings menu and also verify with a couple laps. The difference should be blatant. I suspect that BoP makes everyone identical, which opens the freedom to use whatever appearance one wants.

Last edited:
Try an engine swapped car also.
I know that’s not appearance but I’m curious if BoP negates any upgrade.

Last edited:
I did an engine swap in the '89 vette a while back, to see if it would let me into a BoP room, wouldn't let me select the car.

Perhaps all the PP goes out the window (couldn’t pass the chance at the pun) when BoP is on. This would be worth testing. Get the highest downforce wing and set to max and a second (same car) but with no wing (or tiny), get in lobby with BoP “on” and check out the downforce in settings menu (should be grayed out). Verify downforce in settings menu and also verify with a couple laps. The difference should be blatant. I suspect that BoP makes everyone identical, which opens the freedom to use whatever appearance one wants.

I would participate in this test.

Back