◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,415 comments
Okay, how about blanket statement instead. Every situation doesn't need to be spelled out, just enough of a statement to explain the general idea of what is expected. Let the drivers determine severity of their actions. To paraphrase what you wrote:

For OOB occurrences, a throttle lift long enough to negate any advantage gained must be done in a way that does not effect anyone else. Perform this lift at the earliest, safe location to do so.

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on January 8, 2023

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
  1. GTP_Worstdriver --- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 97 (108.99 for Prize A)
  2. ATX610UD13 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 89 (100.00 for Prize C)
  3. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. L-L-B_1993 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. A_Mindful_Place --- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. AKZL298 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. Canoworms1 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. Kgffty ------------ did not submit a vote
Division 2
  1. JamCar0ne --------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 90 (78.88 for Prize B)
  2. Dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. Flyingdisc315 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. Malizaghi --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. Track_King47 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. Minigun_Jones ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. Smhintzane -------- did not submit a vote
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - Alfa Romeo Giulia GTAm '20 (RH) at Red Bull Ring - S01 Early Morning (10 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @Worst_Driver wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - Daihatsu Copen RJ VGT (SM) at Tsukuba Circuit - S01 Early Morning (15 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @JamCar0ne gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @dem0n25 so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated, so picking cars and/or tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more important is that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, any car you select must not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in a draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to choose the Integra Type R as your car selection, post "Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '98". If you want to select Monza for your track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". Being specific helps us to update the lineup accurately and also helps avoid any confusion among the drivers. Also, please be sure to list the HP and Weight (LBS) of any car you select. For track selections, include the time of day (e.g: 09:00 Clear) or else it will be left to default.

Car Selection Guidelines
See Section 3 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines.

Track Selection Guidelines
See Section 3.1 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines

Okay, how about blanket statement instead. Every situation doesn't need to be spelled out, just enough of a statement to explain the general idea of what is expected. Let the drivers determine severity of their actions. To paraphrase what you wrote:

For OOB occurrences, a throttle lift long enough to negate any advantage gained must be done in a way that does not effect anyone else. Perform this lift at the earliest, safe location to do so.
I prefer the “stay on the track” mantra. If you see someone going off in spots where it’s a benefit then file it.

My personal approach when I see it happening is to make a passive aggressive half joking generalized remark in chat about it. If the behavior remains then I’d file it.

We are all mostly adults and know we need to stay on the track. Sometimes people just get used to driving a certain way and just need a little tap on the shoulder sometimes :)

Also regarding track limits, we all make mistakes sometimes. As long as there was no time gained, its OK. I always try to rejoin the track safely as quick as possible which makes you slower cancelling your off track adventure time gain.

Last edited:
Also a mistake is one time. I don’t usually even care about that.

It’s when they tend to go off in the same places multiple times that you need to say something.

You mean like in the penalty description where it states the following:

Ghosting violations and out of bounds violations can be eliminated with a proper on track concession.

The next paragraph defines the concession and reads as follows:

A proper concession consists of a separate and deliberate act on the part of the offending driver to return any position gained or to negate any time gained during the incident. This includes any violations of the track boundaries. Ending up in the grass or sand trap and losing time because of your own action is not considered a concession.

Last edited:
Prize A selection:

Subaru BRZ S '21 (SM tires) @ Trial Mountain Circuit S08 Late Morning.

Mid div lap time: 2:17-2:18

2023-01-16 Prize A.jpg
2023-01-16 Prize A (2).jpg

I am surprised the new Alfa got voted off so fast. I think it is one of the most fun cars to drive in the game. O well, on to the next!:cool:
It was a good combo, and it is a fun car to drive but it handles weird on Racing Hards especially on hard braking. (Second to last corner was always a nail biter while braking). Very fun to toss around on sports hards. Recently, there was a Race A with this car on SH tires it was a blast.

EDIT: Thanks for the data @Akzl298 I don’t think there’s a league with that much in depth data going back more than 10 years. Pretty crazy stuff !

Last edited:
The Alfa required hard braking to be done in a straight line. Delicate braking while turning at med to high speed. And by delicate, I mean just thinking about braking while turning. The thing I liked about it was how stable it was under acceleration after you got it slowed down some.
I briefly touched on why this was occurring in this post from a while back.

In effect, GT7s strive for more realism has had some side effects. Particularly with the added parameters in suspension modelling, making changes in isolation now have some downsides like in real life.

You can no longer slam a car and it just gets more and more grip until you are at minimum ride height. The game recognises suspension travel and clearance, so once you lower past a certain point in vehicles you can no longer turn the wheel more than a few degrees. It 'knows' that there isn't enough fender clearance to turn the wheel. There are probably 437 threads in the main GT7 forum complaining about that followed by dozens of comments telling the OP to increase the ride height. Even small rake changes have relatively realistic effects. Aside from a few cars that have pretty high spring rates in stock form(Camaro ZL1 comes to mind) racing tyres on a production car are going to keep doing that to varying degrees. Some cars will be worse than others.

This more accurate modelling has affected how cars behave with various modifications as well, including tyres. Just like in real life, tossing slicks on a stock sedan with no other changes is going to make a car do some pretty whacky stuff. Put a set of Hoosiers on a stock Jetta, Fiesta, Mini, Fiat 500, etc, and I could roll that car over in a parking lot. In fact, many people have lol. And before they roll they do things like oscillate 3-4 times in a tank slapper, and spinning out under corner entry braking. That is why for so many years pimpshocks were a staple of stock class racing. When asked at what point someone decided to put Motons or Penskes or Ohlins or AST(heh) or Jrzs or zzyzx(lol) or even a set of Koni 2812s, often the answer you'll get is "the day after I almost rolled it."

As these sims become more realistic over time, adaptations may be needed to maintain the realistic racing experience. We began to see some of the when the game came out and the internet was up in arms because 500hp rear wheel drive cars were very difficult to drive without traction control. That was another side effect of Polyphony shooting for realism in their physics and suspension and tyre models. I mean, a 500hp rwd car is kind of a handful to flatfoot out of a 25mph hairpin in 1st gear without traction control in real life lol. Hell, most cars in that class in real life have ABS, TCS, ESC, etc that can never be fully disabled, even in "competition mode." At some point or another, we may come to a point where the sims are so realistic that we have to deal with those issues. The 'race tyres make production cars do silly things' may just be the tip of the iceberg we are going to see in the next few years.

I dunno.

@Marcus Garvey your point of view is always appreciated and well documented. My real life performance driving experience is 4 stroke go karts and doing donuts in my Mustang so its nice to have your opinion.

I started to feel the weird handling of street cars on slicks in GT Sport but in GT7 it is way more prevalent. Your explanation makes total sense.

Last edited:
Sunday Night Combos.png

Gran Turismo 7
Sunday, January 15th, 2023 Lineup

January 2023 Season League Night #2

1. Subaru BRZ S '21 on SM Tires @ Trial Mountain Circuit - S08 Late Morning - (7 Laps)
2. Daihatsu Copen RJ VGT on SM Tires @ Tokyo Expressway - South Counterclockwise - C05 Midnight - (6 Laps)
3. Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 '13 on RM Tires @ Nurburgring Grand Prix Track - C05 Evening - (8 Laps)

1673473532451.png

Anyone hear of a way to "Data Mine" replay information yet? Looking for an easier way to get lap time information for our lobbies

I can't fully commit, but there's a good chance I'll be checking out the supposed Daihatsu killer. :lol: I'm on the west coast, if that means anything. I'll check in later.
I’m east coast and will be logging on between 6-6:30 PST until around 8. if your on around that time frame

Back