◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,413 comments
diabolic has the right idea. This is the exact mindset that we wand all of our members to have. Sure, anyone could add a whole bunch of power or reduce a bunch of weight and then use the limiters or ballasts to get the PP back down to the dealership PP, but then you'd have a quirky car that drives nothing like it was intended to. Doing something like this also goes against the "spirit" of our league, which is to race as similar of cars as possible. 👍

The only see I see this remaining a driver focused, rather than a tune focused league, (Which is what Zero5 and I discussed when we met up the other night) is to prohibit tuning and that will be the only way I participate.
The only way for these cars to "drive like they were intended to" would be keeping restrictions on. Just a diff alone is enough to greatly change the cars feel.
The one guy with the issue of suspension/controller can qualify first without restrictions, then the setting could be changed for the remaining qualifiers. Allowing the rest of us to Drive similar cars. It could then be changed back again for the race and no one would have the time to get back in their tune.
I think I kind of misunderstood the extent of tuning that was going to happen.
I dont have time, or desire, in general to chase tunes, especially for a race tomorrow that I found out about yesterday.
I think tomorrow night might be a good time to have a shake down and practice how the league would operate since it is still in it's infancy and ultimately has nothing but new members.

My cars are going to be brand new aside from fresh paint and wheels!

I'm gonna do the same, but with the addition of new tires(assuming that everyone else will upgrade tires) and adjusting the brake balance. Also I have one question about the settings, is the ABS going to be turned off or on. I just wanted to check so I could optimize my brake settings. Other than that the cars will be completely stock. I don't know if anyone else thought of this, but I painted all 3 cars in the same color and they all have the same rims. Also just received and accepted the friend request from zer05ive. Can't wait till tomorrow night!

cmbeal317
I don't know if anyone else thought of this, but I painted all 3 cars in the same color and they all have the same rims.

Me too! Im going white on black tho. Nothing special haha

Me too! Im going white on black tho. Nothing special haha

I did New Formula Red with the Silver Prodrive GC-10G wheels. Not to special either, looks great on the R8, not to bad on the Civic, and the Supra is the only one I don't think it looks all that great on.

The only see I see this remaining a driver focused, rather than a tune focused league, (Which is what Zero5 and I discussed when we met up the other night) is to prohibit tuning and that will be the only way I participate.
The only way for these cars to "drive like they were intended to" would be keeping restrictions on. Just a diff alone is enough to greatly change the cars feel.

I think the fact that we're all in the same cars and are regulated to the exact same PP is an indication that we're a driver-focused league. We may not be a league where the driver is the only variable in the equation, but I'm comfortable knowing that driving skill is the absolute biggest factor in determining success in our league.

The one guy with the issue of suspension/controller can qualify first without restrictions, then the setting could be changed for the remaining qualifiers. Allowing the rest of us to Drive similar cars. It could then be changed back again for the race and no one would have the time to get back in their tune.

The problem with that suggestion is that most of the current members in our league use controllers instead of wheels. If we were to allow tuning for one person because he uses a controller, we'd have allow tuning for everyone who uses a controller. When you combine this consideration with the fact that the best drivers in our league use controllers, then we'd essentially be giving our best drivers an advantage (which of course works against our goal of tight and competitive races).

I think I kind of misunderstood the extent of tuning that was going to happen.
I dont have time, or desire, in general to chase tunes, especially for a race tomorrow that I found out about yesterday.

I really think you're overestimating the amount of tuning that we do. We don't ever spend any prolonged period of time whatsoever tuning our cars. Most of us don't even know how to tune anyways so we just get our setup from others in the league. The main reason I wanted to stress that this is an intermediate league is because I wanted to make sure that the time commitment required to be competitive was kept at an absolute minimum. We all have families and/or work responsibilities that are much higher priorities for us. One of our members literally doesn't touch his PS3 at all except for the 2 hours that we race each week.

I think tomorrow night might be a good time to have a shake down and practice how the league would operate since it is still in it's infancy and ultimately has nothing but new members.

Sorry if I didn't provide the full background of this "league" earlier, but I think my comments above bring to light that we do already have members who have been playing together for a while. It simply came to the point where we decided that it'd be more fun to race with more people (there were only four of us). And although we'd been tweaking our format for a while, it was obvious that no matter how we tweaked it, the format would only be at it's best if there were more people involved. I'd love for you to join us tonight so that you decide for yourself whether that's the case or not. :)

Alot of discussion before the race seems much ado about nothing. either add the suspension parts and tranny parts or dont, but wait until you see how close the racing is before you decide against joining. I, for example, tune for corner balance while another driver tunes for acceleration. he will be faster off the line than me...its happened every race, but I will finish ahead of him if I drive at my ability. I add 1 part, normally the filter or cat. because they disrupt gear changing (i use automatic trans) the least. I only tune camber and toe individually while I use the same heights based on drivetrain. I like to throw my car into corners more aggressively than most. Its my biggest gt5 failing.

I'm gonna do the same, but with the addition of new tires(assuming that everyone else will upgrade tires) and adjusting the brake balance.

Yes, you'll definitely want to upgrade your tires to racing softs since there won't be any tire restrictions. We may add tire restrictions in the future, but it would be a very gradual. For example, me may eventually only allow racing mediums and then after a few months only allow acing hards.

Also I have one question about the settings, is the ABS going to be turned off or on. I just wanted to check so I could optimize my brake settings. Other than that the cars will be completely stock.

ABS can't be restricted as far as know. The default setting is 1, but you'll be able to change it to whatever you want. However, you might as well add the upgrades that don't increase the PP of the car (suspension, transmission, clutch, flywheel, and drive shaft). If you're not sure how to gear your tranny and suspension, just meet in the lounge early and I'll give you all my settings.

I don't know if anyone else thought of this, but I painted all 3 cars in the same color and they all have the same rims. Also just received and accepted the friend request from zer05ive. Can't wait till tomorrow night!

I love this idea! Having consistent color combination on your body and wheels will give your cars a familiar look and make you instantly recognizable to the regulars in the league. I too am excited about tonight! It should be epic!

I would be cool with it if everyone was transparent about what they were driving exactly.
I should be there

Here's what I add to every car that we race in this league:
Chassis Reinforcement
Fully Customizable Transmission
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
Fully Customizable Suspension

Sometimes I'll add an adjustable LSD, but I never change the settings once I do. In reality, I'm pretty sure an LSD doesn't even matter when you're on racing softs since they have so much grip.

Here's what I added to this week's three cars to get them up to the Dealership PP:
Honda Civic Type R (EK) '97 --> Catalytic Converter: Sports
Toyota Supra 3.0GT Turbo A '88 --> Catalytic Converter: Sports
Audi R8 4.2 FSI R Tronic '07 --> Racing Air Filter

The logic behind why I selected these specific upgrades is simple. After I bought each car new from the Dealership, they were below the Dealership PP number. Adding each of the parts listed above raised the PP exactly to the Dealership PP. It's as simple as that. However, if you don't want to buy these parts, simply get an oil change after you buy the car. Doing so will actually raise your PP above the Dealership PP so you'll have to use the Power Limiter in order to lower the PP back down. I don't use the oil change method for two reasons. 1.) I think it's incredibly stupid that getting an oil change on a brand new car will somehow improve it's performance and 2.) I don't like using the Power Limiter unless absolutely necessary.

Let me know if you have any questions. If you want any of my transmission or suspension settings, just join my lounge about 15 minutes early so that I can give them to you. That's about as transparent as I can be. I know that the method above is the same method used by my other three friends who I've been racing with since May. They're all much more casual gamers than I am so they might not even know what gtplanet is lol. I'll see if I can get them to sign up so that they can let you know if there's anything they're doing differently. See you tonight!

Last edited:
would like to join asap so i can race tonight psn id screaming_chief

Glad to have you! I just sent you a friend request. Just read through this thread to see what you need to have ready for tonight. See you in my lounge at 10pm EST. Just remember that it's better to be early than late :)

two weeks ago i had my cars all formula red, but I had the rims flat black. this week i was prepped with pink cars with super white II rims but I cant make it. Im think BR green and hemi orange next week! :)

I would love to try and make it, do I have to do anything special or just join you guys tonight?

Yes, you have to buy the cars that are listed in the second post of this thread (if you don't already have them) and then tune them to the PP that's listed in the Dealership. I'll send you a friend invite right now. What time zone are you in? We start two hours from now.

Yes, you have to buy the cars that are listed in the second post of this thread (if you don't already have them) and then tune them to the PP that's listed in the Dealership. I'll send you a friend invite right now. What time zone are you in? We start two hours from now.

I am at PST so i would race at 7:00

we dont have to race in all if we dont want to right

Why wouldn't you want to race? If you're worried about not having time to practice or tune, please don't. We're a very casual group and it's not about winning. It's about enjoying clean races and good company. But to answer your, no we won't force you to race. However, if you're going to take up the bandwidth anyways, you might as well have fun while you're doing it!

Why wouldn't you want to race? If you're worried about not having time to practice or tune, please don't. We're a very casual group and it's not about winning. It's about enjoying clean races and good company. But to answer your, no we won't force you to race. However, if you're going to take up the bandwidth anyways, you might as well have fun while you're doing it!
i have unlimited bandwidth xP and i was worried about $$$, its not a problem anymore, how many laps will it be?

i have unlimited bandwidth xP and i was worried about $$$, its not a problem anymore, how many laps will it be?

oh i was talking about bandwidth in my lounge (which is not unlimited :))

We try to make each race between 5 and 7 minutes each. That way we can finish the whole format in about 2 hours. That means each race will only be about 3 laps.

Great racing tonight guys! Here are the results:

1st: aubdogg (selected Prize A)
2nd: Young___Nate (selected Prize C)
3rd: SCREAMING_CHIEF (selected Prize B)
4th: zer05ive
5th: spooble
6th: fish-yee
7th: cmbeal317
8th: yer_mama904
9th: iceburgeson
10th: Jeffbk95
11th: livetiludye

The car and track combo that received the most elimination votes was:
ROUND TWO - Toyota Supra 3.0GT Turbo A '88 @Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
Therefore it has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since aubdogg selected Prize A, he gets to decide which car and track will replace it.

The car and track combo that received the second most votes was:
ROUND ONE - Honda Civic Type R (EK) '97 @Deep Forest Raceway
Therefore, either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Screaming Chief got Prize B, so he gets to decide which is replaced and what replaces it.

Young Nate, since you selected Prize C, just let me know what car you want me to send you (up to $999,000)

Last edited:
Nice Finale.
Replay was priceless. Sorry bout dat YN
but thats how it goes, sometimes
Car that hit him was going 278 MPH Other 8 drivers piled into wall in a clump
How you could complete that race after that start defy's logic.
Congrats on your new car Nate
Like Father-Like Son

Young Nate, since you selected Prize B, just let me know what car you want me to send you (up to $999,000)

Fully tuned Lexus ISF RM?

Back