◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,417 comments
I've been wanting to do something like this for sometime now. I've finally got the tools to do it 👍

The video is a comparison of the fastest lap times for each division in S.N.A.I.L.

Race Date June 30th, 2013 - Combo 3 - Amuse NISMO 380RS Super Leggera @Grand Valley East

Lap times - D1 - 1:06.873, D2 - 1:07.444, D3 - 1:07.603, D4 - 1:07.807, D5 - 1:08.114

Last edited:
I've been wanting to do something like this for sometime now. I've finally got the tools to do it :yup:

The video is a comparison of the fastest lap times for each division in S.N.A.I.L.

Race Date June 30th, 2013 - Combo 3 - Amuse NISMO 380RS Super Leggera @Grand Valley East

Lap times - D1 - 1:06.873, D2 - 1:07.444, D3 - 1:07.603, D4 - 1:07.807, D5 - 1:08.114

Excellent! Seriously kcheeb awesome job! :bowdown:

nmcp1
Excellent! Seriously kcheeb awesome job! :bowdown:

Thanks nm!

I think it shows just how close each division is in outright pace, really amazing. Probably the only things differentiating the divisions is situational awareness and consistency 👍

Well...I mentioned I would post some pics of the old and new set ups after I picked up the GranStand wheel stand.

I decided to purchase the seat module and shifter mount so i would have a complete rig...finally. I haven't installed the shifter mount yet, I'm just leaving it hooked up to the wheel mount for now.

I met Bill Tuesday night and set it up Wednesday night just to see how it felt.

The old set up is what I've been using since I first started playing GT5 in March of 2011, through my start in SNAIL Div 5 in September of 2012 and, through my first full season in Div 3 in June 2013.

I plugged in the new rig for the first time late last night (11:00 pm PST) and did not stop driving until 3:00am this morning. It is so comfortable!!!

As soon as I can figure out how to get pics from my camera roll on my iPad to attach to this post I will add them. I don't use a PC or laptop, just an iPad and can't figure out how to do it.

Any suggestions/advice will be helpful.

Well...I mentioned I would post some pics of the old and new set ups after I picked up the GranStand wheel stand.

I decided to purchase the seat module and shifter mount so i would have a complete rig...finally. I haven't installed the shifter mount yet, I'm just leaving it hooked up to the wheel mount for now.

The old set up is what I've been using since I first started playing GT5 in March of 2011, through my start in SNAIL Div 5 in September of 2012 and, through my first full season in Div 3 in June 2013.

I plugged in the new rig for the first time late last night (11:00 pm PST) and did not stop driving until 3:00am this morning. It is so comfortable!!!

As soon as I can figure out how to get pics from my camera roll on my iPad to attach to this post I will add them. I don't use a PC or laptop, just an iPad and can't figure out how to do it.

Open an account with photobucket. Then you can email them to whatever address they give you from your Ipad.
For example, any picture or video emailed here Wolfdorf.78xxx@uploads.photobucket.com get automatically uploaded.

Then with Dolphin browser you can manipulat as if you are in desktop. Time consuming though.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Wolf...but I have a buddy that said he will post them as soon as he can!

I sent them to him a few minutes ago so we should see them soon.

Any practice scheduled for tonight?

Thanks for the info Wolf...but I have a buddy that said he will post them as soon as he can!

I sent them to him a few minutes ago so we should see them soon.

Any practice scheduled for tonight?

saturday Night = Enduro Racing @ Fuji F

socalnatv/Sandblazter said in a earlier post; Well...I mentioned I would post some pics of the old and new set ups after I picked up the GranStand wheel stand.

Here's the pictures everyone has been waiting for!

socalnatv/sandblazter's Granstand pics. We have to show a couple of pics on what his set up was and now is.

Congrats again, my friend!

Granstand4.jpg

Granstand5.jpg

Granstand1.jpg

Granstand2.jpg

Granstand3.jpg

Last edited:
Man....I'm envious! i want one!

Looking for the Vert Taiga color chip. If you have one to spare Ill barter for something.

Open an account with photobucket. Then you can email them to whatever address they give you from your Ipad.
For example, any picture or video emailed here Wolfdorf.78xxx@uploads.photobucket.com get automatically uploaded.

Then with Dolphin browser you can manipulat as if you are in desktop. Time consuming though.

Great pics, SoCal!

I have found imgur works well on the iPads, etc.

For pics, I use the browser version of GTPlanet, not the app. I found it much easier to copy the Discussion Board URL, then change to the GTP tab, copy into the already open Reply window, then copy the next one, etc.

Great looking new rig. Great work, Bill.

The Pit Board
(Saturday Edition)

9278808841_6604306213.jpg

“Racing cars which have been converted for road use never really work. It's like making a hard core adult film, and then editing it so that it can be shown in British hotels. You'd just end up with a sort of half hour close up of some bloke's sweaty face.”

Jeremy Clarkson

“If someone were to ask me for a short cut to sensuality, I would suggest he go shopping for a used 427 Shelby-Cobra. But it is only fair to warn you that of the 300 guys who switched to them in 1966, only two went back to women.”

Mort Sahl

It has been a quiet week around these parts, or so it may seem. If you look closer, it has been a pretty amazing week. Last Sunday nights races were fantastic. I am GT5 broke because of the F10 but the combination was a ton of fun. It required much more concentration than most combos but the experience was a trip. I even managed to collect a convincing win with it! (Followed by a heartbreaking failure in the last round) but the whole night was one of the funnest I have had in quite some time! SNAIL just keeps getting better with age. I think that the coolest things to ever happen in this community was the delivery of the first GranStand prize. Mr. Sandblazter will be lining up this coming Sunday in a most custom rig! If you missed it, you can see his rags to riches story in full technicolor here! We SNAILs can't thank zer05ive and GranStand (Bill) for such an amazing opportunity and and even more amazing product!!👍 From what I understand, we are all going to get another chance to "Drive Like A Boss" in the coming months with yet another GranStand Challenge and the current contest with ButtKicker products! A huge thanks to our "Sponsors" and remember that the SNAIL community also gets to enjoy discounts on these products! The man behind all of this is our fearless leader zer05ive. We hope to see you on the grid soon!

This whole Pit Board was started to bring about the awareness of our beloved SNAIL Results Document. It looks like we have had many more members take a look and find out how cool it is. I tried at one point to see if we could come up with a more fitting name for it but as time passes, I think the name is perfect. SNAIL Results... This spreadsheet is a testament to all of our results. I have been dabbling in it for months now and still I find new things to marvel at. We will get to some of that in a moment. In case anyone missed it, kcheebs lap analysis video is epic!! It is a visual depiction of the what the Results Doc stands for. Here is the post if you did in fact miss it. There is also a new addition to the Results Doc that compares lap times between divisions. Pretty cool stuff!

So... lets look at some numbers. That is why we are here right?

GT Academy Leaderboard

Martin20az 8th Place 2:18.225
GumballCGT 24th Place 2:18.432
hillracing 29th Place 2:18.858
Dgafaboutany1420 40th Place 2:19.090
Nic-KL 53rd Place 2:19.286

These times are based on the GTA Leaderboard set up on the Results Doc. Remember to update or add your times so we have your latest information. Anyone can add their time by entering it here. Who is the fastest in your division??

Here is another set of numbers that are interesting. How many weeks have you raced? According to the Results Doc, here are our top 10. This info can be found on the "Driver Race Count" tab.

cmbeal - 71
Skills_19657 - 59
tcrash15 - 59
Chuthulugoat - 58
AG07WRXTR - 58
kcheeb - 58
ExoSphere64 - 57
zer05ive - 54
jlbowler - 53​

Here is something else that has cropped up because of the SNAIL Results Doc. There has been a race to see who can attain 100 podiums and there have been a few that have made it. There are also several of our drivers that are inches away. This info can be found on the "Driver Information" tab. Here are our top 12!

hillracing - 103
jlbowler - 101
OwensRacing - 101
Chuthulugoat - 97
Oshawa-Joe - 97
Sandblazter - 90
dabneyd - 86
Nic-KL - 86
tcrash - 84
Skills_19657 - 87
Iroquios - 81
DrKronin - 80​

Pretty stellar work you guys!! We have a "One Year Club" and I think we also need to annotate the drivers list with members of the "SNAIL Century Club" for attaining 100 podiums!!

Quiet week.... Not even close. This is an amazing group of drivers and people. Everyone needs to reach back and give themselves a nice pat on the back for making our League what it is. From me, personally, thank you all for everything you guys do. It really makes my life just that much better!!

Race Hard, Race Clean, Race S.N.A.I.L

I've been wanting to do something like this for sometime now. I've finally got the tools to do it 👍

As I already knew, most fast laps occur by drafting cars far enough ahead of you that they don't impede your progress yet they offer you the full benefit of drafting. Very likely that the guy in 1st place is not setting the fast lap ;)

Please join me in congratulating the latest member of the S.N.A.I.L. One Year Club.

dgaf95integra / dgafaboutany1420

Well done dga 👍

Please join me in congratulating the latest member of the S.N.A.I.L. One Year Club.

dgaf95integra / dgafaboutany1420

Well done dga 👍

Welcome to the club, dgafaboutany1420. You get a spot at the round table:tup:

I'm so sorry for telling you guys so late, but I'm not going to be able to make it tonight. We still haven't been able to get me a wired connection, and plus, there is supposedly a storm coming tonight, so that will make my connection worse. Also, for some reason my sister doesn't believe in the word privacy, since she has been bugging me while I play PS3 non stop for the last week, and no matter how much I yell at here, she won't leave me alone, so she probably won't stop any time soon.

I'm so sorry for telling you guys so late, but I'm not going to be able to make it tonight. We still haven't been able to get me a wired connection, and plus, there is supposedly a storm coming tonight, so that will make my connection worse.

Thanks for letting us know, hopefully you can get the wired connection sorted soon 👍

Also, for some reason my sister doesn't believe in the word privacy, since she has been bugging me while I play PS3 non stop for the last week, and no matter how much I yell at here, she won't leave me alone, so she probably won't stop any time soon.

My 2 cents, your sister wants a reaction. If you can muster the patience, either talk to her calmly or just ignore her. She'll stop when it's not fun anymore ;)

Something else you might try, ask her to join you playing some two player games from time to time. You might even have fun :dopey:

The Pit Board
(Saturday Edition)

9278808841_6604306213.jpg

“Racing cars which have been converted for road use never really work. It's like making a hard core adult film, and then editing it so that it can be shown in British hotels. You'd just end up with a sort of half hour close up of some bloke's sweaty face.”

Jeremy Clarkson

“If someone were to ask me for a short cut to sensuality, I would suggest he go shopping for a used 427 Shelby-Cobra. But it is only fair to warn you that of the 300 guys who switched to them in 1966, only two went back to women.”

Mort Sahl

It has been a quiet week around these parts, or so it may seem. If you look closer, it has been a pretty amazing week. Last Sunday nights races were fantastic. I am GT5 broke because of the F10 but the combination was a ton of fun. It required much more concentration than most combos but the experience was a trip. I even managed to collect a convincing win with it! (Followed by a heartbreaking failure in the last round) but the whole night was one of the funnest I have had in quite some time! SNAIL just keeps getting better with age. I think that the coolest things to ever happen in this community was the delivery of the first GranStand prize. Mr. Sandblazter will be lining up this coming Sunday in a most custom rig! If you missed it, you can see his rags to riches story in full technicolor here! We SNAILs can't thank zer05ive and GranStand (Bill) for such an amazing opportunity and and even more amazing product!!👍 From what I understand, we are all going to get another chance to "Drive Like A Boss" in the coming months with yet another GranStand Challenge and the current contest with ButtKicker products! A huge thanks to our "Sponsors" and remember that the SNAIL community also gets to enjoy discounts on these products! The man behind all of this is our fearless leader zer05ive. We hope to see you on the grid soon!

This whole Pit Board was started to bring about the awareness of our beloved SNAIL Results Document. It looks like we have had many more members take a look and find out how cool it is. I tried at one point to see if we could come up with a more fitting name for it but as time passes, I think the name is perfect. SNAIL Results... This spreadsheet is a testament to all of our results. I have been dabbling in it for months now and still I find new things to marvel at. We will get to some of that in a moment. In case anyone missed it, kcheebs lap analysis video is epic!! It is a visual depiction of the what the Results Doc stands for. Here is the post if you did in fact miss it. There is also a new addition to the Results Doc that compares lap times between divisions. Pretty cool stuff!

So... lets look at some numbers. That is why we are here right?

GT Academy Leaderboard

Martin20az 8th Place 2:18.225
GumballCGT 24th Place 2:18.432
hillracing 29th Place 2:18.858
Dgafaboutany1420 40th Place 2:19.090
Nic-KL 53rd Place 2:19.286

These times are based on the GTA Leaderboard set up on the Results Doc. Remember to update or add your times so we have your latest information. Anyone can add their time by entering it here. Who is the fastest in your division??

Here is another set of numbers that are interesting. How many weeks have you raced? According to the Results Doc, here are our top 10. This info can be found on the "Driver Race Count" tab.

cmbeal - 71
Skills_19657 - 59
tcrash15 - 59
Chuthulugoat - 58
AG07WRXTR - 58
kcheeb - 58
ExoSphere64 - 57
zer05ive - 54
jlbowler - 53​

Here is something else that has cropped up because of the SNAIL Results Doc. There has been a race to see who can attain 100 podiums and there have been a few that have made it. There are also several of our drivers that are inches away. This info can be found on the "Driver Information" tab. Here are our top 12!

hillracing - 103
jlbowler - 101
OwensRacing - 101
Chuthulugoat - 97
Oshawa-Joe - 97
Sandblazter - 90
dabneyd - 86
Nic-KL - 86
tcrash - 84
Skills_19657 - 87
Iroquios - 81
DrKronin - 80​

Pretty stellar work you guys!! We have a "One Year Club" and I think we also need to annotate the drivers list with members of the "SNAIL Century Club" for attaining 100 podiums!!

Quiet week.... Not even close. This is an amazing group of drivers and people. Everyone needs to reach back and give themselves a nice pat on the back for making our League what it is. From me, personally, thank you all for everything you guys do. It really makes my life just that much better!!

Race Hard, Race Clean, Race S.N.A.I.L

Another epic Pit Board! Thanks, Exo!

I'm got a post coming to address the part about Bill and GranStand. :)

Here's the pictures everyone has been waiting for!

socalnatv/sandblazter's Granstand pics. We have to show a couple of pics on what his set up was and now is.

Congrats again, my friend!

Granstand4.jpg

Granstand5.jpg

Granstand1.jpg

Granstand2.jpg

Granstand3.jpg

Thanks for posting those pics for me tcrash.
I appreciate the help!!!

I'd like to take a moment to thank Bill and GranStand for not only being a snail, but also for supporting us and the sim racing community as a whole in such a HUGE way. Seeing those picture's of Sandblazter's prize really makes it hit home.. What an EPIC prize and what an EPIC product!! :bowdown:

I hope everyone enjoyed the GranStand Challenge as much as Bill, kcheeb, and I enjoyed organizing it for you guys. Please remember that anyone who participates in any of the S.N.A.I.L. Racing Series gets 10% off GranStand products. Congrats again to Sandblazter on being the proud new owner of such a quality sim racing rig! And once again, thanks to Bill for making all of this possible!!
:cheers:

Last edited:
Thanks for letting us know, hopefully you can get the wired connection sorted soon 👍

Very unlikely. My parents usually don't do anything until I force them too, and even then, it's not guaranteed that it'll get done. I have a few examples of this, actually.

My 2 cents, your sister wants a reaction. If you can muster the patience, either talk to her calmly or just ignore her. She'll stop when it's not fun anymore ;)

Something else you might try, ask her to join you playing some two player games from time to time. You might even have fun :dopey:

That is the problem. She ALWAYS thinks she needs to play with me when I'm playing. She also just goes into my room randomly without permission. Even when my parents tell her to leave me alone, she doesn't. What makes all of this worse is that she is 21 years old so she should know better.

I am most likely out for tonight guys, I am so sorry for missing so much I really do like going to the races! I am hoping I can at least go tonight but I'm not going to have a good host connection...

I'm happy to say. I will be there tonight. ;)

Looking forward to it. Hope we have a good turn out in D1!!!

Good Job DGA, props to you guys dedicating time to the Academy. I get waaaay to bored doing time trials. :/ with that I'm gonna give it another hour before tonight's racing.

Last edited:
Back