◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,415 comments
The results of last week's vote are in.
With all this in mind, please submit your vote by replying with one of these two choices:
  1. current multiplier
  2. new formula

Here are the SNAILs who voted for the current multiplier:

1. kcheeb
  2. JLBowler
  3. Chiochan
  4. qwietstorm
  5. hooker4
  6. Handlebar
  7. Xradkins
  8. fastfox400

Here are the SNAILs who voted for the new formula:
  1. TEX36
  2. the2armedmen
  3. DrKronin
  4. zegrated
  5. Garagefather
  6. hillracing
  7. mopar fan
  8. dgaf95integra
  9. Oshawa-Joe
  10. ThePDTX
  11. EAO-HarleyMan
  12. zer05ive
  13. dabneyd
  14. Dragonwhisky
  15. Nicktune
  16. soundtiger95
  17. fzappa
  18. nmcp1
  19. Schmiggz
  20. OwensRacing
The new formula received more votes and will be in effect starting this Sunday. This also marks the beginning of the September 2013 season and the start of another GranStand Challenge! (who's next???)

Last edited:
1:42-1:44 lap times are there. So 6 laps here too.

CHECK OUT THE FUTURE IN GAMING
Triple Monitors will be a thing of the past

GTP DISCUSSION THREAD

SONY GETTING INTO THE VR GAME

Their is a price point of like $300 being thrown out for the Oculus Rift when the 1080p unit is available to consumers!!! 720p Developers Unit put now and can be purchased.

i have been following the rift. I would buy one in a heart beat if they worked with GT5 or GT6

I have been thinking of a new event. (...)
Car of the Year (...)
This would not be a regularly scheduled event. Simply one that happens at a certain time and does not conflict with a scheduled SNAIL event.

Anyone like the idea?

I like it...but i'll need to buy a buttkicker first. haha

I want this so bad... Really hope it will work with GT6. :drool:

Sorry PDTX, but since this is currently a very small venture, there won't be any support for ut on the ps3, though, who knows with the ps4. Though, I do imagine that something might be able to be worked out the the pseye. I know you can use that in like a premium car on certain tracks to look around by moving your head.
Not sure if it will replace triples for me though. You may be more immersed in the game, but you lose sight of things like your keyboard, button boxes, pretty much everything but whats on the display covering your eyes, and that leaves me with weird paranoia.

Sorry PDTX, but since this is currently a very small venture, there won't be any support for ut on the ps3, though, who knows with the ps4. Though, I do imagine that something might be able to be worked out the the pseye. I know you can use that in like a premium car on certain tracks to look around by moving your head.
Not sure if it will replace triples for me though. You may be more immersed in the game, but you lose sight of things like your keyboard, button boxes, pretty much everything but whats on the display covering your eyes, and that leaves me with weird paranoia.

Too bad, Grand Turismo was the only reason I wanted the rift... I guess I better start saving for triple monitors haha by the way, can you recommend me a screen size for such purpose... my main tv is 32 inches, should I buy 2 more of the same size or smaller? (because the same size would turn out quite expensive and take up a lot of room)

I would recommend the same size, however, it wouldn't do harm to go down to say 27 for the sides, so long as you aren't annoyed by the sides not matching up to your center. I personally will be using either 32" or 36" screens. I'm for sure going to have all three match though. I also won't be using them for just GT, as they will be part of a comprehensive gaming and programming platform. Triple monitors for ultra productive win! One other thing about the rift to consider. Might want to invest in done self righting sippy cups...

That should be,
"Might want to invest in some self righting sippy cups..."
Meaning, you cant see anything with the rift on, so if you have a drink and goto grab it, there is a good chance you will knock it over.

PP Cap Racing Sept 2.

Race 1 at Monaco
zm_828DBabF_C@te_dAzur_4.jpg

Bowler, Star and Kendawg three wide up the hill

zm_Cc9121B1_C@te_dAzur.jpg

Ice Warden, Star and Kendawg 3 wide like this the entire race!

zm_c0cD4C3B_C@te_dAzur_1.jpg

zm_351Ca1CC_C@te_dAzur_2.jpg

zm_A10bf074_C@te_dAzur_3.jpg

Bowler and Schmiggz battle for the lead

Race 2 at Tsukuba

zm_3ec16aB2_Tsukuba_Circuit_2.jpg

Ice, Racefan, Owens and Kendawg

zm_6EcF2bf9_Tsukuba_Circuit_3.jpg

Ice pulling away

zm_3ae5b15F_Tsukuba_Circuit_1.jpg

Racefan, Owens and Kendawg battle like this the entire way.

zm_d3dFEEe2_Tsukuba_Circuit.jpg

Race 3 at Spa

zm_BB8cd848_Circuit_de_Spa-Francorchamps.jpg

The entire field Lap 1.

zm_cEa396d0_Circuit_de_Spa-Francorchamps_1.jpg

Ice, Racefan, Kendawg and Owens

zm_Db4bDEb0_Circuit_de_Spa-Francorchamps_2.jpg

Star, Ice, Kendawg, Owens and Racefan.

zm_B049F460_Circuit_de_Spa-Francorchamps_3.jpg

Ken and Owens side by side battle the entire way.

zm_9c6b3Aa1_Circuit_de_Spa-Francorchamps_4.jpg

Race 4 at Indy

zm_44C47C06_Road_Course_-_Indy.jpg

The field at Indy lap 1.

zm_bCaCe927_Road_Course_-_Indy_1.jpg

Schmiggz, Bowler, Racefan, Star and Ken.

zm_Db5dA2c4_Road_Course_-_Indy_2.jpg

Ice and Owens like this the entire way.

zm_b403Ab7F_Road_Course_-_Indy_3.jpg

zm_43b3A57F_Road_Course_-_Indy_4.jpg

zm_e58d5e63_Road_Course_-_Indy_5.jpg

zm_FBD2D6fa_Road_Course_-_Indy_6.jpg

Scmiggs, Bowler and Racefan.

zm_fAB58afc_Road_Course_-_Indy_7.jpg

zm_d24aF2E3_Road_Course_-_Indy_8.jpg

Great racing all night. If you haven't tried PP Cap racing on Mondays then you are missing some great racing action!

1:42-1:44 lap times are there. So 6 laps here too.

Triple Monitors will be a thing of the past

GTP DISCUSSION THREAD

video imbed snipped

Their is a price point of like $300 being thrown out for the Oculus Rift when the 1080p unit is available to consumers!!! 720p Developers Unit put now and can be purchased.

i have been following the rift. I would buy one in a heart beat if they worked with GT5 or GT6

I like it...but i'll need to buy a buttkicker first. haha

I want this so bad... Really hope it will work with GT6. :drool:

Too bad, Grand Turismo was the only reason I wanted the rift... I guess I better start saving for triple monitors haha by the way, can you recommend me a screen size for such purpose... my main tv is 32 inches, should I buy 2 more of the same size or smaller? (because the same size would turn out quite expensive and take up a lot of room)

I would recommend the same size, however, it wouldn't do harm to go down to say 27 for the sides, so long as you aren't annoyed by the sides not matching up to your center. I personally will be using either 32" or 36" screens. I'm for sure going to have all three match though. I also won't be using them for just GT, as they will be part of a comprehensive gaming and programming platform. Triple monitors for ultra productive win! One other thing about the rift to consider. Might want to invest in done self righting sippy cups...

Thanks for the tip.

Didn't understand that last sentence. :dunce: haha

That should be,
Meaning, you cant see anything with the rift on, so if you have a drink and goto grab it, there is a good chance you will knock it over.

While I think the idea of being able to turn your head and change your view angle is a great idea, having that headgear blocking out all my external environmental visual input is a no go for me. While there are other reasons I wouldn't want this, just the danger of knocking over a drink is more than enough to keep me from spending my money on it. They need to make everything around the lenses crystal clear so I can see what's going on inside the room I'm in. The way my audio headset mic works allows me the capability to hear everything going on around me while at the same time allowing me to hear the game sounds and both volume levels are independently adjustable. This kind of capability needs to exist with this device before I would even consider it. I want to be able to hear and see the creatures trying to get in when the zombie apocolypse comes. :sly: :boggled: Or, from a more prosaic sense, when my cat decides it wants to jump where it doesn't belong and I might be able to do something about it. If I can't see it coming, I can't prevent it. In its present state I wouldn't spend 2 cents on that rig.

That should be,

Oooh ok, makes sense. haha

That is my exact feelings on it too DW. And having 5 cats, which only want to be in your lap when you are on a comp or gaming, well, yeah, I can see your issue. Though honestly, its more of a zombie apocalypse issue for me.

It is important this day and age to always be vigilant for the zombie apocalypse. When entering a new space I always make sure to scan for exits and possible zombie killing weapons. The Oculus rift will make you a sitting snail for any zombies close to you, so it's a no buy for me.:sly:

I'd like to try one, but I'm not confident I would be able to use it for very long. I have yet to encounter a 3D technology that didn't make my eyes water. I can tolerate it for a couple of minutes (literally two minutes) and then my eyes start watering uncontrollably. I know that the OR is fundamentally different than 3D TVs, but I still wonder if it will work for me. That said, I'd probably build a triple monitor setup before I got an Oculus Rift.

Yeah I don't do well in any situation where I am fed visual information when I can't see my actual surroundings. Like....trying to do something in a moving vehicle like reading or working; any virtual ride at amusement parks where the vehiclle is a simulator etc etc.

I'd like to try one, but I'm not confident I would be able to use it for very long. I have yet to encounter a 3D technology that didn't make my eyes water. I can tolerate it for a couple of minutes (literally two minutes) and then my eyes start watering uncontrollably. I know that the OR is fundamentally different than 3D TVs, but I still wonder if it will work for me. That said, I'd probably build a triple monitor setup before I got an Oculus Rift.

From what I understand, the eye strain problems arise from the difference between what your brain perceives as the distance to an object using the parallax effect, and the distance to the object each individual eye perceives in focusing its lens.

I think that would mean that the Rift would have the same problem as a 3D tv or movie theater, where the parallax effect tells your brain that something is 100 ft. away, but the actual screen is only inches (or several feet) away.

Still, it might be cool for a few minutes, or more if you aren't sensitive to that problem.

Announcing the September Lineup for S.N.A.I.L. SPEC Racing​

The Drivers List has been updated with Promotions and Relegation's for the month of September.

This month we're seeing some movement, mostly up :), some down :( And some on their way to Silverstone :D The promotions this month pretty much took care of themselves, whereas the relegations, zer0 and I agonized over them. In the end, the only way to balance our beloved league was to relegate two drivers. Had we had an option, the relegations would not have happened, but because of how we promoted last month, and some drivers pulling the vanishing S.N.A.I.L. trick ... our hand was called.

I'd like to further point out that the competition across the adjacent Divisions really is very close and all drivers finding themselves in a new Division will be challenged 👍

There's no clear cut formula for getting promoted or relegated. We take into account a number of factors to determine candidates for promotion and relegation. Once we've identified the drivers, we analyze the data at our disposal and make sure the people being moved fit into the Division they're being moved to. Then we pull the trigger :dopey:

Some of the criteria for being ELIGIBLE to be promoted or relegated are:

1. Points for the month
2. How many drivers are in each division.
3. Race pace
4. Individual Lap Times
5. How you compare to other racers in your division and the division you're a candidate for.
6. Number of times you've raced that month.
7. How cleanly you've raced this past month.

Why do we do this?

1. To get you involved in races you will be racing in, not just putting in laps.
2. To incent you to improve your driving and racecraft.
3. To give you something to strive for.
4. To make it possible for you to have fun playing GT5.

We want you to be in good, close, clean racing 👍

If you have any questions or concerns about promotion or relegation, feel free to pm me. I'd be more than happy to talk to you about it.

N.B. If you were promoted or relegated and don't have access to the lounge you're assigned to for the September season, please send a PSN Friend Request to the appropriate SNAIL_DivisionX account. If for some reason your Friend Request is not accepted, let us know by posting on the thread!

Cheers and good racing all!

kcheeb

[FlakJacketOn]

Maybe it's what you're watching in 3D and not the technology itself. Have you tried watching anything other than your limited edition copy of Titanic 3D? I doubt there are many people who could watch two minutes of that movie without a similar reaction to yours. Go ahead, guys.. I dare you:

If anyone's eyes haven't swelled up by the time Celine Dion gets added to the mix, then you don't have a heart! :lol:

Maybe it's what you're watching in 3D and not the technology itself. Have you tried watching anything other than your limited edition copy of Titanic 3D? I doubt there are many people who could watch two minutes of that movie without a similar reaction to yours. Go ahead, guys.. I dare you:

If anyone's eyes haven't swelled up by the time Celine Dion gets added to the mix, then you don't have a heart! :lol:

Ha, you're funny! I have never seen Titanic, TBH. I've tried a bunch of different content; games on PS3, 3D Blu-Ray movies, even ESPN 3D and they all have the same effect. I've been scared to try a 3D movie in a theatre in case the same thing happens and I waste $15.

3D is dead anyways. Don't sweat it.

3D TV is listed as one of the biggest product failures ever.

DOA, son. 3D won't be viable until it's holographic or some such nonsense.

That's what I'm saving up for, my very own holodeck ;)

I'm going to preface this statement with a truth about me; I'm a nerd. That said, you're more likely to have a holosuite versus a whole damn deck. Plus you don't live on a boat or starship, do you?

dabneyd
I'm going to preface this statement with a truth about me; I'm a nerd. That said, you're more likely to have a holosuite versus a whole damn deck. Plus you don't live on a boat or starship, do you?

You trying to make me cry?

Back