◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,415 comments
Nothing like a slow a Pontiac. Little Chrix ledoux and wind in your hair

I don't care how slow it is it's still a trans am and smokey never could catch one.

Now that the high has worn off I'm a little heartbroken that they left out the 87 and the 02. I guess I'll have to fill my empty heart with fifteen 78s hahahaha.

I'm also pretty excited for the 86 Audi Quattro because
http://imgur.com/KOU7pid

I don't care how slow it is it's still a trans am and smokey never could catch one.

Now that the high has worn off I'm a little heartbroken that they left out the 87 and the 02. I guess I'll have to fill my empty heart with fifteen 78s hahahaha.

I'm will use the 86 Rally spec for its glorious 5 cylinder..

3600 Lbs., 180 HP. :lol: My Spec-V makes that much horsepower and weighs about 900 Lbs less.

Who's ready for some moon races?

Awesome video, but I hope that's not the GT6 intro song! I usually love Gran Turismo intro songs (and videos), but that song doesn't really do it for me..

Who want to race Lunar Roving Vehicle LEV-001 ’71 on GT6 launch night!?

BTW, GT6 Car List!

Also, holy crap, you can drive on the moon?!

So if I'm reading that list right, GT6 will get 124 new (non-DLC) cars and all the other 1000+ cars on that list are in GT5 and will be in GT6 as well?

Moon races? Now that's off road! This is going to be so fun!

Off road?? You mean off planet!! :lol:

Awesome video, but I hope that's not the GT6 intro song! I usually love Gran Turismo intro songs (and videos), but that song doesn't really do it for me..

Yeah, I liked the Go! Song until I downloaded it because my son liked it as well. Makes me happy that someone makes them wash that mouth with soap before they can speak in public without (or, with, I suppose) a script.

Needless to say, son did not get the "unedited" version.

For no good reason, I think it is less likely to have the same issue.

:lol:

3600 Lbs., 180 HP. :lol: My Spec-V makes that much horsepower and weighs about 900 Lbs less.

Mine is only the coupe gt though. Front wheel drive :yuck: and only 110 hp, but we did an engine swap to a much newer I5 and I know it has way more than 110 considering the top speed is only 115-120 and I've had mine sail (for an N/A I5) up to 125 and mine only weighs 2500lbs.

Best GT intros were GT2 and GT4. After playing GT1 since release, I could not watch the GT2 intro enough...it was so emotional for me at the time. That Cardigan song was so fitting and the cinematic was awesome.

GT4 was insane simply because they chose "Panama" as the song. It pumped me up so much being a Van Halen fan and the Nissan commercial with the Van Halen song was a hit as well advertising the 300zx featuring barbie and ken. Ah the memories.

Mine is only the coupe gt though. Front wheel drive :yuck: and only 110 hp, but we did an engine swap to a much newer I5 and I know it has way more than 110 considering the top speed is only 115-120 and I've had mine sail (for an N/A I5) up to 125 and mine only weighs 2500lbs.

I was referring to the screaming chicken. Malaise at its finest.

I don't care what I have to do I'm making everyone run the 78 trans am.

I get to be Burt Reynolds.
I got the name for it!!!

Edit: did I see a premium Bugatti AND a possibly premium SUV/Truck?

Last edited:

So if I'm reading that list right, GT6 will get 124 new (non-DLC) cars and all the other 1000+ cars on that list are in GT5 and will be in GT6 as well?

Off road?? You mean off planet!! :lol:
Also it looks like all cars will be able to be bought from one dealership. No more UCD:)

Ok! I'm hinting at the Prize A!
It's between Grand Valley Speedway / Reverse and Tokyo R246 Reverse!

The car will be the TC, wait for it!
Stand by to Stand by!

Best GT intros were GT2 and GT4. After playing GT1 since release, I could not watch the GT2 intro enough...it was so emotional for me at the time. That Cardigan song was so fitting and the cinematic was awesome.

GT4 was insane simply because they chose "Panama" as the song. It pumped me up so much being a Van Halen fan and the Nissan commercial with the Van Halen song was a hit as well advertising the 300zx featuring barbie and ken. Ah the memories.

I agree that The Cardigans song was great, but I'd vote for that My Chemical Romance song in GT5 as the best Gran Turismo song of all time. Just the perfect song for the game IMO. :)

As for the best video, it's GT3 for me hands down. Every time I insert a new Gran Tursimo game for the fist time, I make it a point to turn off the lights and turn up the volume up.. During the GT3 intro, as the video panned out from the fuel mixing to the pistons firing, I literally got choked up and I didn't want it to end. It was such a beautiful and surreal experience for me.

"Dogs...love...trucks!".

Holy crap I need to look up these old commercials....

Yeah those Nissan commercials were epic! Ken going "oh no!" as Barbie drove off with the 300ZX stud lol. "Dogs love trucks" was awesome too. Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

Last edited:
Ok, just spent the last 20 minutes or so perusing the content over here. I wasn't really getting all that itchy for GT6 to get released. Now? December 6th cannot get here soon enough. I want to play with all the new toys. Folks might want to get mentally prepared for all the back end expenses.

Well, I just walked in from work and it does not look like I will be uploading any replays tonight... Maybe tomorrow.

GT6? SNAIL is going to ROCK that disc!! About 4 weeks... We need to start a betting pool on how many divisions we will have by June 2014!

Ok, just spent the last 20 minutes or so perusing the content over here. I wasn't really getting all that itchy for GT6 to get released. Now? December 6th cannot get here soon enough. I want to play with all the new toys. Folks might want to get mentally prepared for all the back end expenses.

Thanks Dragon, that's a perfect segway for something I wanted to discuss with everyone. I know that we had previously set the first Sunday in 2014 as our first official league night featuring GT6, but I'm having second thoughts about that. Considering that we've lost two divisions in as many months, it's pretty clear to me that guys aren't exactly clinging on to GT5. What does everyone thing about putting our transition to GT6 on the fast track?

I was thinking that we could make December 1st our last league night on GT5 and then use December 8th (two days after the GT6 launch) as a test night to work out how we'll use the new game options and setting during league night. We could then use the next three Sundays (December 15th, 22, and 29th) as the second, third, and fourth weeks of our the December season.

Plus, as joby mentioned above, all the cars in GT5 can be purchased from the Dealership in GT6. This would make it extremely easy for everyone to buy the whatever cars that are on the lineup when we end our GT5 run. Of course, the downside of moving to GT6 so quickly would be potential issues with guys who didn't plan on getting GT6 until Christmas. However, it seems to me that everyone can't wait to get their hands on the new game. Thoughts?

FmeorCJ.png

Race Date: 3 November 2013

This week's prize winners are clear to make their selections.
Good racing!

IR Submission Form is now closed.

Banners by dabneyd

Back