◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,417 comments
Will be using #48 - Not a Groupee, just don't want to go buy another one, etc.

Enjoy the peace and quiet quys. This thread and league will explode once we get GT6 released and we get some great publicity from the performance of SNAIL drivers in GT Academy. We will quickly be back up to 5 divisions with full grids. That's what my crystal ball is showing me.

We should have some sort of all day drop in and race event in D1 for Dec 6th. Maybe an all day drop in and practice for Sunday?

Your crystal ball is most likely the same brand many of us have. This is the proverbial calm before the storm. I think we are all taking advantage of this "quiet" time to catch up on personal endeavors. Once GT6 drops, I plan to spend a great deal of time with it. It is always exciting when a game you have been waiting for finally arrives but this is going to be a very unique experience for many of us. I had been playing GT5 for a very long time before I got my wheel and the transition never really took. I was just too used to the DS3 and old habits die hard. Beginning GT6 from day 1 behind a wheel will kind of give me a "clean slate" to work with. I think the most excitement will be starting a new title with so many friends. In the past I have gotten new games and knew a couple of people that were playing but this is going to be a once in a lifetime event. I am sooooo looking forward to starting the GT6 adventure with all of you SNAILs and getting back to my regular groove. I am sure I will have many things to write about!!

I could never afford a crystal ball, but I do have a Magic 8 Ball! I decided to see if it agreed with Oshawa-Joe's crystal ball by asking it if this thread and league will explode once GT6 is released. This answer I got was this:

magic-8-ball.jpg
But is all seriousness, I'm excited about the prospect of S.N.A.I.L. being here to welcome a new version of Gran Turismo. As you guys probably know, this thread was started more than a year after GT5 launched. And even though we got a late start, we were still able to have a fair amount of success in the GT5 era. Now that we'll be here from the start of GT6, the sky's the limit. 👍

But yeah Joe, let's organize some sort of all day testing and practice session on launch day. This is the first time I've ever taken a day off for the launch of a video game, so I'm willing to make the most of it!

And Exo, I agree that this new game will be a cool experience for all of us. Again, I never been part of a community that so eagerly anticipated a new game together. Looking forward to the GT6 editions of the Pit Board! :)

Ideci
I could never afford a crystal ball, but I do have a Magic 8 Ball! I decided to see if it agreed with Oshawa-Joe's crystal ball by asking it if this thread and league will explode once GT6 is released. This answer I got was this:

magic-8-ball.jpg
But is all seriousness, I'm excited about the prospect of S.N.A.I.L. being here to welcome a new version of Gran Turismo. As you guys probably know, this thread was started more than a year after GT5 launched. And even though we got a late start, we were still able to have a fair amount of success in the GT5 era. Now that we'll be here from the start of GT6, the sky's the limit. 👍

But yeah Joe, let's organize some sort of all day testing and practice session on launch day. This is the first time I've ever taken a day off for the launch of a video game, so I'm willing to make the most of it!

And Exo, I agree that this new game will be a cool experience for all of us. Again, I never been part of a community that so eagerly anticipated a new game together. Looking forward to the GT6 editions of the Pit Board! :)
I decided to take Monday the 9th off. That gives me the weekend to mess about and see what the game has to offer. Then I will go for it most of Monday? Is anyone else likely to be around Monday?

Hello everyone. :) Just leaving a comment to let you know that i'm still alive and lurking the forum daily. And with all this GT6 talk, have you guys decided what will be your first car in GT6, now that all cars are available from the start? And for those who pre-ordered, how will you spend your 1M?

Further, it is going to be interesting to see what new tools PD has given us with GT itself to build and promote the league as well. We could blow up like we did when we got the 5 divisions. It seemed like we jumped from 3 to 5 in like 2 weeks. This may also finally give us a viable solution for racers that wish to participate in SNAIL from other nations in conflicting timezones as well. Damn is it the 6th yet! I'm more excited for this than xmas or thanksgiving...

How come the susuka/stingray combo is here again???

Maybe because it wasn't eliminated by votes? :lol:

I know this is off topic but i was just looking at the new report on GT planet and it says

In an update posted to Polyphony Digital’s website last week, Gran Turismo 5′s online My Home page and Photo Stream will cease service on November 29th at 01:00 EST.

GT5 My Home and GT5 Photo Stream will no longer be available on www.gran-turismo.com from 29 November, 01:00 EST.

Equivalent services will be made available on www.gran-turismo.com for Gran Turismo 6 following launch of the title.

Other Gran Turismo 5 online services will remain in place for a limited period. Further information to follow shortly.

“Other Gran Turismo 5 online servicesrefers to website services, such as B-Spec Remote Race, not in-game online services such as Seasonal Events or Multiplayer.

Does this mean that PD is cutting off the online portion to GT5 come november 29th and won't be able to race online in multiplayer after the 29th?

Just want some clarification because i am confused and also would be trading in my GT5 for GT6 if the online portion is being cut off.

Uhhhh...

GT5 My Home and GT5 Photo Stream will no longer be available on www.gran-turismo.com from 29 November, 01:00 EST.

Last edited:
If you looking for something to do tonight, head on over to Division 2 for S.P.E.C. Racing starting at 10PM EST.

Tonight's Race

Car: TVR Tuscan Speed 6 RM

Track: High Speed Ring/Weather Change

Laps: 79 Laps

Cautions: Laps 26 and 52

Also don't forget that starting on Dec. 7th we'll begin testing on GT6 with our first official race on December 14th

Last edited:
Tried the NASCAR at Deep Forest. If SoCal is at 1:11 for a lap ...... I may just watch. Having trouble just getting around the track - no matter what gear I try.

Tried the NASCAR at Deep Forest. If SoCal is at 1:11 for a lap ...... I may just watch. Having trouble just getting around the track - no matter what gear I try.
Try dropping down to first at the two tight turns before the tunnels and then quickly go right back to second. It helps to turn the car and then shifting into second controls the wheelspin. Well that is the theory at least;)

I will be using the number 88 chevrolet for sundays' race.

As will I. Thinking of hitting D2 and actually breaking this one in myself. Just for giggles. At least until SPEC needs the room anyway. Thinking about setting it up so it does 10 lap races on a 15 minute cycle.

Edit. No longer thinking about it. Doing it. All welcome to drop in whenever you want.

Tried the NASCAR at Deep Forest. If SoCal is at 1:11 for a lap ...... I may just watch.

Hey Tex...

I didn't say I was turning 1:11's...but I did see a fast lap of 1:11.9 set by someone else.
Most if my times were in the 1:12 - 1:13 range, when I could keep it on the track.

Keep trying, it will get easier.

Ps3 froze. Will start back up after dinner.

Back up.

Think my game save might be taking a dump. Booted back in to gt5 and it said it had to load it from the back up save.

Last edited:
In D1 for about the next hour.

Managed a 1:11.517 with the NASCAR & a 1:02.533 with the Honda. Let's see how it goes with the pack tomorrow night!

Last edited:
I should've made it known which NASCAR I'll be using tonight when I made my decision....on Wednesday.

Guess there will be three 88's on the grid. :lol:

November 24, 2013 lineup
banners by jobyone

ROUND ONE
Honda Gathers Drider CIVIC Race Car '98
(192HP / PP 422) (Racing Hard tires)
at Tsukuba Circuit (? laps)

photo by ???

ROUND TWO
Chevrolet 2014 Corvette Stingray Final Prototype (free DLC)
(478HP / PP 533) (Sports Soft tires)
at Suzuka Circuit (5 laps)

photo by ???

ROUND THREE
2011 NASCAR

(???HP / PP ???) (Racing Medium tires)
at Deep Forest Raceway (? laps)

photo by ???

My #88 Impala has 892HP/637PP with 244 miles on it. Looks like laps should be about 9, as I was able to turn a couple of 1:11s but mostly 12s and 13s.

Anyone know how many laps at Tsukuba?

Check it out! Thank you fellow S.N.A.I.L.'s and GranStand for this amazing prize! It was easy to put together, stable and absolutely totally adjustable. I hope to measure the position of the seat, wheel and pedals in my '07 WRX (if you didn't know what my username meant now you do) and recreate the dimensions on my new GranStand Wheel Stand.
IMG_20131121_214610.jpg

IMG_20131121_214657.jpg

Last edited:
Back