◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,414 comments
I will donate 10 shells to you Bowler becaus eit goes to a good cause.. I'll pm Zero.

I appreciate the sentiment but I will have to decline your offer. I have one more shell than Exo at the present time. I have been informed that it wouldn't be fair to Exo to use shells that were gifted to me in order to outbid him. With this in mind, I withdrew myself from the bidding process.

I appreciate the sentiment but I will have to decline your offer. I have one more shell than Exo at the present time. I have been informed that it wouldn't be fair to Exo to use shells that were gifted to me in order to outbid him. With this in mind, I withdrew myself from the bidding process.

I understand..

I will donate 10 shells to you Bowler becaus eit goes to a good cause.. I'll pm Zero.

Thanks for understanding, guys. Because of the generous nature of our members, I predicted that someone would donate more $hells to whomever needed them to put in a higher bid for the Playseat. However, the last thing I wanted to see happen was for Ph1sher's generous listing in the Marketplace to turn into anything controversial (or even political) in nature. If one person gifts $hells to help someone place a higher bid, it's inevitable that someone else will gift $hells to the other person who just got outbid. Pretty soon, people are picking sides, tensions rise, and feelings get hurt. 👎

That being said, I want to make clear that Exo in no way, shape, or form complained to me that Bowler used gifted $hells to outbid him. In fact, we have not discussed the Playseat auction whatsoever. I simply felt like there was potential for the bidding war to turn sour, and I wanted to nip it in the bud.

League leadership will be re-visiting the $hell gifting policies, but for now let's just say that we will not allow any gifting or pooling of $hells in order to win an auction. If anyone has any questions, comments, or suggestions about this, you are encouraged to just post them here. We want the Marketplace and everything surrounding it to be completely transparent so that nobody ever questions the process or feels that it's unfair in any way.

Last edited:
FmeorCJ.png

Race Date: 24 November 2013

This week's prize winners are confirmed as follows;

Please make your selections as soon as you can.

The full steward summary will be posted ASAP, later this week.​

Banner by dabneyd

My apologies to all for precipitating this latest bit of drama.

Man... No apology needed from my side. While I agree with what zer0 said, I never felt that there was anything underhanded going on at any time. I have been with this League for a long time and know the core members hearts are always in the right places. It is one of the many cool things about what make this League tick. I have so much respect for you, Bowler and the rest of the stewards. Sure I have done a few things to help out when I can but I have always looked up to you guys. Stewarding for all of us is one of the most difficult things to keep running. Dragon~ What you have done with how race complaints are handled is awesome and always inspires me to work harder. Regardless of how the cards were dealt this time, I have nothing but respect for you guys.

FmeorCJ.png

Race Date: 24 November 2013

This week's prize winners are confirmed as follows;

Please make your selections as soon as you can.

The full steward summary will be posted ASAP, later this week.​

Banner by dabneyd

@criscr, the car you pick for your Prize A combo cannot cost more than $50K. You will also need to pick a new track to pair it with. Please read the red section at the bottom of this post before making your new combo selection.

@Adventuruss, if you opt to replace the Corvette Stingray with your Prize B, the new car cannot cost more than $50K. Your other option is to take the Corvette Stingray to a different track.

Will it be _____ at Laguna Seca
Or
Gathers Drider Civic Race Car at __________?
@criscr, the car you pick for your Prize A combo cannot cost more than $50K. You will also need to pick a new track to pair it with. Please read the red section at the bottom of this post before making your new combo selection.

@Adventuruss, if you opt to replace the Corvette Stingray with your Prize B, the new car cannot cost more than $50K. Your other option is to take the Corvette Stingray to a different track.
prize B cote d azur Corvette Stingray

Hey S.N.A.I.L.s. Just a reminder the last night of Performance Cap Racing with GT 5 will happen Monday night. Come join us to bid farewell to the game we all love.

Monday Race Night in D3 Lounge

12/2/13 at 10:00 PM EST/ 7:00 pm PST

img.php

This event will run with a combined PP of:
The first two races will be run with a PP cap of:
1200 (SS)
All cars PP must be between 570 and 630

The second two races will be run with a PP cap of:
900 (SM)
All cars PP must be between 427 and 473

Qualifying and the first race will take place at

Fuji F

If you would like to participate in the next event please post in the Performance Cap thread that you would like to take part. I will add your name to the list. You can also add your name and car lineup to the

On December 9th we will be racing with GT6 so come join us and put all those free 15th anniversary cars to good use!​

drift-sessions-jpeg.84428

Update!

Please read and give an opinion!

Ok guys, all of you who like this and all of you who are in the closet about liking this, and all those that like it and just don't know it yet.

I have been brainstorming some more, and was thinking of creating another event, one that incorporates many events, and not just one. Like how Monday Mayhem used to run. But renamed Funday Fridays. I was thinking we could do a different event every Friday of the month. Drift, Touge/Rally, Cat and Mouse, and a vote for game day.
This will give variety and keep things from getting boring.

But!!!! I actually have another idea, a "double header" if you will. Because I really am hoping that we will be able to create point to point tracks, I want to create the first solid rally series on GTP. Which is one of the things I will be piloting from day one... of the track creator launch.
smiley-face-shaking-fist.gif
@ PD. I also want to create a drift team, and a lot of the skills for one, coincides with the other. So I was thinking, maybe do the rally thing from 9 till all stages are complete, (no more than 2 hours) then run a drift lobby with monthly competitions.

One more option I would like to entertain, is team cat and mouse. Have a season that last a month, and run off of a double elimination bracket system. Every team will have 3 or 4 members.

I am leaning towards the second option, however, let me know what you guys think of the three options. Even if you do not plan on participating, I would still like your opinion. I really only have time for one of the above options, but I want to be sure I pick something that will draw in the most participation as well. No point in banking a lot of time for a series no one wants to join. So speak up, everyone's opinion matters. Thanks!

drift-sessions-jpeg.84428

Update!

Please read and give an opinion!

Ok guys, all of you who like this and all of you who are in the closet about liking this, and all those that like it and just don't know it yet.

I have been brainstorming some more, and was thinking of creating another event, one that incorporates many events, and not just one. Like how Monday Mayhem used to run. But renamed Funday Fridays. I was thinking we could do a different event every Friday of the month. Drift, Touge/Rally, Cat and Mouse, and a vote for game day.
This will give variety and keep things from getting boring.

But!!!! I actually have another idea, a "double header" if you will. Because I really am hoping that we will be able to create point to point tracks, I want to create the first solid rally series on GTP. Which is one of the things I will be piloting from day one... of the track creator launch.
smiley-face-shaking-fist.gif
@ PD. I also want to create a drift team, and a lot of the skills for one, coincides with the other. So I was thinking, maybe do the rally thing from 9 till all stages are complete, (no more than 2 hours) then run a drift lobby with monthly competitions.

One more option I would like to entertain, is team cat and mouse. Have a season that last a month, and run off of a double elimination bracket system. Every team will have 3 or 4 members.

I am leaning towards the second option, however, let me know what you guys think of the three options. Even if you do not plan on participating, I would still like your opinion. I really only have time for one of the above options, but I want to be sure I pick something that will draw in the most participation as well. No point in banking a lot of time for a series no one wants to join. So speak up, everyone's opinion matters. Thanks!

I really like the idea, especially the rally series! Although I have to improve my drifting skills. :lol:

AllenBerg1.jpg

I'm pleased to announce that S.N.A.I.L. SPEC Racing has worked out a special deal for S.N.A.I.L.s with​

Allen Berg is a retired* professional race driver from Calgary, Canada. His experience includes Formula One, Formula Two, Formula Three, Formula Atlantic, Sport Prototypes and Touring Cars.

*"re-purposed" driver might be a better word here … Berg's unique ability to explain driving technique and respond to students at all skill levels is the hallmark of his teaching program.

If you've had the yen to drive a Formula Style car (I know you have) here's an opportunity you shouldn't pass up. You can experience what it's like with Allen Berg Racing Schools Adventure Program.

Special S.N.A.I.L. pricing is $199 USD. That's $200 USD off the list price of $399 USD. Offer valid until Wednesday December 4th, 2013.

Send @kcheeb a pm for instructions on how to reserve a spot in 2014 for your Allen Berg Adventure :D

That. Allen Berg deal sounds fantastic for you SoCal types. I am envious.

Has @criscr posted his choice yet?

(I 'heard' what I think it will be, but it is his to announce to SNAIL what car he will pair with his chosen track.... interesting...)

How cool kcheeb, I was on the Allen berg Facebook page yesterday
Looking up prices and schedule perfect timeing :) fontana is my home track should be fun

They're in the midst of finalizing their 2014 schedule. Phoenix is also on the list :)

Since @criscr appears to not check the thread or his PMs frequently, and @zer05ive included me in the discussions with criscr regarding his pick, I will post what criscr told us.

The Prize A selection and one of next week's combos will be, the Chevrolet Camaro SS '10 at Côte d'Azur.

as per this post in conversation with zer05ive and a couple of others.

cote d azur and camaro ss;10 ready?

@Adventuruss - If you would be so kind as to select your Prize B choice, it would be appreciated. Thanks.

Anything East Coast?

Not that I'm aware of handlebar :(

Since @criscr appears to not check the thread or his PMs frequently, and @zer05ive included me in the discussions with criscr regarding his pick, I will post what criscr told us.

The Prize A selection and one of next week's combos will be, the Chevrolet Camaro SS '10 at Côte d'Azur.

as per this post in conversation with zer05ive and a couple of others.

@Adventuruss - If you would be so kind as to select your Prize B choice, it would be appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks dragon. Been busy with work and other stuff 👍

Back