◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,415 comments

Here are the official results from our league night on December 1, 2013

Click here for detailed results and statistics

Division 1
  1. redsoxboy80 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 92 (85.48 for Prize A)
  2. QwietStorm03 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. dgafaboutany1420 -- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. GTP_Ph7shr -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. GCarneiroBR ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. jlbowler ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. serge_1919 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. dabneyd ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. SPEED14231234 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  11. Xrad-11 ----------- did not submit a vote

Division 2
  1. Drrgreenthumb67 --- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 86 (76.67 for Prize C)
  2. nmcp1 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. Schmiggz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. chatva ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. AG07WRXTR --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. JJLopez_427 ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. Klutch_D ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. fereck ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. GTP_Jared93 ------- did not submit a vote
  11. wumpus-hunter ----- did not submit a vote

Division 3
  1. SoundTiger95 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3 - 83 (80.00 for Prize B)
  2. hooker4 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. Skills_19657 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. racingchamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. cmbeal317 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. intoflatlines ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. whatbadgerseat ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. Handlebar-Man ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  11. ChuthuluGoat ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  12. flesxruoyxllik ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  13. Fabricio98 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3

The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - Chevrolet Camaro SS '10 at Côte d'Azur (6 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @redsoxboy80 wins Prize A, they get to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - Honda Gathers Drider CIVIC Race Car '98 (Racing Hard tires) at Tsukuba Circuit (10 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @soundtiger95 gets Prize B, he gets to decide which part of the combo is replaced and what replaces it.

Prize C goes to @Drgreenthumb977 so they get any gift car ticket listed here (by posting their selection on this thread).

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your car and/or track selection until all racing complaints are filed and you are given the "all clear" to announce your selection. It's also important that you review our Car/Track History so that you can see a complete history of how many times we've raced each car and track (just scroll to the right of that tab). Please remember that originality is always appreciated. Therefore, picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required).

Car Selection Guidelines
Dealership Cars - The maximum price for a selected car is limited to only $50,000 due to the pending release of GT6.
OCD Cars - The maximum price for a selected car is limited to only $50,000 due to the pending release of GT6.
DLC Cars - The only DLC cars available for selection are the one is the Racing Car Pack and any DLC car that is FREE and currently available in the PlayStation Store.

Track Selection Guidelines
Any non-DLC track can be selected as long as a single lap with the car combo'd with it would not take more than five minutes to complete (don't select anything that includes the Nurburgring's Nordschleife)
Any track that's in the Course Pack or the Twin Ring Motegi Pack are also available for selection.

Last edited:
I made a shortlist of Euro-Pacific 60's and 70's vehicles and I think that between 345 and 400pp there's at least 13 cars we could use for an farewell event.
I would suggest permission of light tuning so all the cars could be in a range of 385 to 400 pp. I think it would be different and fun in a track like any short version of Cape Ring, Autumn Ring or Eiger Nordwand short.
If you think it's a cool idea I can post my shortlist. Please ...some feedback:nervous:

That's what I call a deal! 👍

Is there any other wheel/pedal set that comes with inverted pedals out of the box, or is Thrustmaster the only company that does that?

Fanatec makes a pedal inversion kit for both the CSR and CSR Elite pedal sets.

Last edited:
I made a shortlist of Euro-Pacific 60's and 70's vehicles and I think that between 345 and 400pp there's at least 13 cars we could use for an farewell event.
I would suggest permission of light tuning so all the cars could be in a range of 385 to 400 pp. I think it would be different and fun in a track like any short version of Cape Ring, Autumn Ring or Eiger Nordwand short.
If you think it's a cool idea I can post my shortlist. Please ...some feedback:nervous:

Esp with a variety of tracks, reverse grid for each race, 2 laps or so as a refresher, keep it fast and fun!

Just realized I cannot get my game until noon Friday, so I will probably go to work. :indiff:

But I will NOT stay late! :gtpflag:

Hey I'd like to join your league. Its kind of hard to navigate through all the links and threads (or maybe I'm just tired idk) so heres a few questions:
Do i post times for all 3 rounds in the lineup so you can assign me in to appropriate division?
And is it requiered to race on sundays? Can i just do the weekdays events?

Thanks for your interest!

We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information.

3. @kcheeb PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. kcheeb will add you to the drivers list.

4. We send you a you a PSN friend request from the corresponding SNAIL_Division1, 2, or 3 account. That PSN account's lounge is where you will race on Sunday night.
5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Last edited:
I must apologize for missing Last night. I have been away dealing with family issues. Now that they are all sorted out, I'm ready to look toward GT6.

FmeorCJ.png

Race Date: 1 December 2013

Currently tracking 5 Incident Reports

We have at least one prize winner with a racing incident being investigated by the stewards. This may, obviously, change the order of the prizes to be selected. All winners are asked to refrain from making selections until the Weekly Steward's report has been posted.

The target deadline for the Steward Reviews, this week, is Tuesday night by 10PM Eastern. The Steward Summary will be posted as soon as possible, following completion of reviews.

:@: SNAIL Stewards, please make your way to The Steward's Area. Would like at least 3, (ideally 5) stewards, to include the steward assigned to the specific div, to review each complaint.​

IR Submission Form is now closed.

I'd love to join- I hope I've got the speed. My PSN is lfarris3.

We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

3. @kcheeb PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. kcheeb will add you to the drivers list.

4. We send you a you a PSN friend request from the corresponding SNAIL_Division1, 2, or 3 account. That PSN account's lounge is where you will race on Sunday night.

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Survey taken, time submitted, waiting for request and Im ready to race :)

Submitted my time and quiz!

Zer0, you should fix the results post to reflect the 50k limit. Currently still in the millions!

I inquired about it, but have seen only limited interest.

If you want to have a participate in a Farewell to GT5 event this Thursday night, please reply to this post and say you're in. Don't just hit the Like button because that won't actually let us know if you want to race or not. I say if we have at least ten interested drivers, then we go for it!

I'm in.

Zer0, you should fix the results post to reflect the 50k limit. Currently still in the millions!

Okay, but won't be able to do it until later. Editing those posts isn't as easy as it used to be (cant do it from a phone or tablet :()

Crap, just got my cancelation notice, No T500 for anyone who didnt go and pick one up it looks like.

Hey gang, stayed home for a blizzard day. So I'll be rejigging the results doc. The current one is a little too big and unwieldy.

Planning on breaking it up into a couple of docs, results, driver and car and track info.

So if something doesn't look right, it's just me messing about :D

As we are going to progress over to GT6, as for me will be picking up GT6 friday morning but won't be able to play it till Christmas morning :lol: I wanted to thank everyone in SNAIL for a very clean, competitive, tough racing we have been through each week in GT5. I cannot thank everyone enough for anyone involved in getting me into SNAIL racing. I'm not really that good in writing thank you's :lol: but try my best. Yes we have the occasional bumps here and there in racing but for the most part we respect each other on the track and that is what makes SNAIL so much different from the rest.

We have enjoyed GT5 for the last 3 years and like anything else that goes past it's prime and something new comes into the picture, we have GT6. We have gone through the licenses, A and B spec events, gone through all the seasonals in GT5, time trials, drift trials, it has been a blast playing through GT5. I am retiring my GT5 game come friday morning and looking forwards to playing GT6 come christmas morning. I have also enjoyed all the pictures i have taken in photo mode and able to share them on the share photo mode feature on GT5.

Like in the movie Turbo, they thought he wasn't going to get anywhere because he was a snail. Turbo achieved so much by doing what he believed he could accomplish and that is how S.N.A.I.L is. Not sure how others felt about S.N.A.I.L. when it started but this organization of family and friends have grown to be a family and friends group of professional race car drivers and this organization will keep growing.

Wanted to show my appreciation for all in S.N.A.I.L and that i am looking forwards to racing with you all each night, each night when i start playing GT6.

Hey gang, stayed home for a blizzard day. So I'll be rejigging the results doc. The current one is a little too big and unwieldy.

Planning on breaking it up into a couple of docs, results, driver and car and track info.

So if something doesn't look right, it's just me messing about :D

Oh No:scared:! @kcheeb is setting the brooms loose again!;):D

Oh No:scared:! @kcheeb is setting the brooms loose again!;):D

Much needed and long overdue. Been trying to get to this for 2 months now :(

The Results doc was just too slow. Can't stand it when I have to wait for loads. Patience plus :lol:

Quit sending the weather west, cheeb! It's windy as all heck here this morning :lol:

Want to trade? We have the wind and -19 ish, feels like -30 ;)

Back