◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,417 comments
Hmm.. looks like @redsoxboy80 hasn't posted anything on GTPlanet since Monday, so he may simply not have logged on since..

@soundtiger95 just posted, but he doesn't have GT6 yet (not that that should prevent him from being able to make a pick).

Does everyone think it's important to know next week's lineup by tonight's test session? If so, we could handle this like the last time we couldn't get someone to pick in time. That would mean those who raced with the Prize winner last week get to make suggestions for their division winner's prize, and then the rest of the league votes on the suggestions made.

Sorry that you haven't got your copy yet, but could you please make your prize selection anyways? :)

I feel it will be very important to know well ahead of time. If they dont have a copy of GT6 in there hands there are enough videos floating around with the dealer ship pricing.

What I didn't like was we allowed randoms to participate. Not the open lobby itself.

Boot them on entry and all is good.

Gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up. 👍

Everyone, since we'll be racing in the Open Lobby please consider changing your GT6 name to something that's recognizable to your division mates. That way, we don't have to wonder who is a league member and who is a random.

If you're PSN ID is 12 characters or less, an easy solution is to change your first name in GT6 to a period (or anything else), and then change your last name to your PSN ID.

My selection is:

Honda Gathers Drider CIVIC Race Car '98 at Cape Ring Inside

Thanks soundtiger! The Prize B selection is in!

I think it would be nice if we could test with the car/track combos we're racing on Dec 15th. The thread as been pretty active so I think we can get the suggestions and votes handled and be ready by test time.
I feel it will be very important to know well ahead of time. If they dont have a copy of GT6 in there hands there are enough videos floating around with the dealer ship pricing.
Okay, since we haven't heard from redsoxboy at all yet, let's open the Prize A selection to a vote..

If you raced in Division 1 last Sunday, please suggest one new car and track combo. You have until 6pm Eastern / 3pm Pacific to make your suggestion. At that time, we'll have everyone in the league vote on the combo they like the most. Please keep in mind that everyone has to buy three cars for the lineup, so the more expensive your suggested car is, the less likely it's going to win the vote.

Last edited:
Starting the last day of the first weekend with GT6. GTPlanet is taking a literal, virtual and cyber butt whuppin'. Sometimes my browser spins for 40 seconds or more before loading a page, phone sometimes won't load the page at all, and double post lag has hit me more than once.

For those interested on what cars not to buy, check here.

I've cleared all the races through novice and national B. Working the side events now. I've earned 471K and spent 35.5K on tires. 8 hrs driving with 579 miles on the odometers. Did the first batch of Goodwood and the moon missions. 21% GC, 37 cars to include the 25 AE, and bought that Fit. Aside from that first cone challenge, nothing has been extraordinarily, irritatingly hard to beat.

Looking forward to seeing how things work tonight.

Has anybody checked replay uploads. The export from GT6 to PS3 is pretty much the same as GT5, but that's as far as I've gone with that at the moment.

Last edited:
Thanks soundtiger! The Prize B selection is in!

Okay, since we haven't heard from redsoxboy at all yet, let's open the Prize A selection to a vote..

If you raced in Division 1 last Sunday, please suggest one new car and track combo. You have until 6pm Eastern / 3pm Pacific to make your suggestion. At that time, we'll have everyone in the league vote on the combo they like the most. Please keep in mind that everyone has to buy three cars for the lineup, so the more expensive your suggested car is, the less likely it's going to win the vote.

We are looking for combo suggestions from:
QwietStorm03, Nic-KL, dgafaboutany1420, SPEED14231234, GTP_Ph7shr, GCarneiroBR, jlbowler, serge_1919, dabneyd, SPEED14231234, X-Rad11

We are looking for combo suggestions from:
QwietStorm03, Nic-KL, dgafaboutany1420, SPEED14231234, GTP_Ph7shr, GCarneiroBR, jlbowler, serge_1919, dabneyd, SPEED14231234, X-Rad11

Ruf 3400S @ Apricot Hill

Great! So far, with his suggestion, dabneyd is clearly in the lead!

I was surprised to see how inexpensive the Crossfire, Spitfire, MR2, 180/240SX, even the GT-R (R34) are under 50,000 (www.mygranturismo.net lists the GT5 cars - most specs are similar or identical in GT6 -you can filter or sort options if you are looking for ideas)

Many of the former Standard cars are now available - choose early (but not often, this ain't Chicago...).

I can pay attention to choices for another couple hours, then we have theater tickets downtown.

Combo 1 - Gathers Drider Civic @ Cape Ring Inside
Combo 2 - RX-7 (FD) '02 at suzuka
Combo 3 - (. )

Combo 3 options:

A) '97 MR2 at Apricot Hill
B)
C)
D)
E)
F)
G)

Last edited:
Just finished the GT6 download (24 hours), then 1 hour to install and then 2 hours to download and install 1.01 update.

I have my first car now. time to drive. No time to suggest any combos just now.

Last edited:
I rented gt6 last night. Can't say I'm impressed or that I even like it. Golded all the licenses to get online AND THERE WAS NO SHUFFLE LOBBY! The tracks look the same quality to me as gt5. The first time I heard the tire squeal from loss of traction, it instantly reminded me of the first transformers movie for some reason. Overall I think they have a lot of work to do to make this game live up to the name

Another suggestion:

Upon entry of the race room please type in SNAIL and your PSN name.

I prob won't race tonight. Having not played since Friday night. I'm gonna be looking into knocking out offline races. I may show up though. We shall see. ;)

Last edited:
Ruf 3400S @ Apricot Hill
Is that 50,000 or less? Just turned off the PS3... Dooh!
I do believe the 3400 is under 50k. somehwer in the high 30s low 40s
No, actually, 70k. How about the '97 MR2?

Do you guys think a cap of $50K is required. We had discussed a higher cap here.

Great! So far, with his suggestion, dabneyd is clearly in the lead!

I was surprised to see how inexpensive the Crossfire, Spitfire, MR2, 180/240SX, even the GT-R (R34) are under 50,000 (www.mygranturismo.net lists the GT5 cars - most specs are similar or identical in GT6 -you can filter or sort options if you are looking for ideas)

Many of the former Standard cars are now available - choose early (but not often, this ain't Chicago...).

I can pay attention to choices for another couple hours, then we have theater tickets downtown.

Combo 1 - Gathers Drider Civic @ Cape Ring Inside
Combo 2 - RX-7 (FD) '02 at suzuka
Combo 3 - (. )

Combo 3 options:

A) '97 MR2 at Apricot Hill
B)
C)
D)
E)
F)
G)

Looks like the Gathers Drider Civic is only $50K and the Mazda RX-7 (FD) '02 is only $40K.

Since you have to earn more than $200K (getting licenses) before you can even race online, I'm thinking a cap of $100K for the Prize A suggestions seems reasonable. Or anything easily attainable here. Thoughts?

Clio RS '11 (the one we should all have already because it's a prize car) @ Apricot Hill

I think 50k for the first season is just fine. We have to buy tires for most of the production cars that come with CS as well so that adds a little to the cost. Not to mention, it's 8k for a paint job and 3,500 for a set of wheels.

Wait for the Jan. season and adjust the cap accordingly.

Is that 100K per car or all 3?

I was thinking for this specific Prize A only (since the other two cars are pretty affordable). However..

Clio RS '11 (the one we should all have already because it's a prize car) @ Apricot Hill

I think 50k for the first season is just fine. We have to buy tires for most of the production cars that come with CS as well so that adds a little to the cost. Not to mention, it's 8k for a paint job and 3,500 for a set of wheels.

Wait for the Jan. season and adjust the cap accordingly.

Good point. I didn't even think about tires and paint etc. $50K limit it is. 👍

Some interesting findings I thought I'd share with the group..... I was running through the Goodwood challenge tonight and noticed that the payout (for at least the 5th set of time trials) was different than the listed amount. I didn't notice while doing the other 4 sets because while 30k in credits is nice, I think we've all been spoiled by 1mil + payouts in GT5. The last 3 (5-1, 5-2, & 5-3) all paid out 70k instead of the listed 40k. Now these were all sub gold times listed as follows:

5-1 - Gold Time: (didn't get this one) My Time: 47.302
5-2 - Gold Time: 43.800 My Time: 42.773
5-3 - Gold Time: 31.000 My Time: 28.344

Not sure if there is a certain amount of time you need to be under by, but the above times all paid out 70k. Also the 5th set didn't pop up right away like the other 4. I think I ran the night races and when I came back to the home screen there was another letter from Lord March! All in all it was a relatively quick and fun way of making a good amount of credits and win some cars!
Did you adjust any driving options, such as traction control? Did you get all three payouts at once for gold on the first try?

Last edited:
Any chance that you might reveal some secrets to your success with SNAIL and gt5 that can be applied to GT6? I for one don't want you to be lonely as I often saw in D1, :bowdown:

If it's the GTR one I'm thinking of, I passed him early on (the slow right-hander before the even slower double apex left...around 15 seconds in or so?). They then proceeded to draft me down every straight but not brake as late as we can so I used that advantage and then blocked the apexes of the slow corners near the end of the lap :lol:

My little airborne trip from last night -

MountPanoramaMotorRacingCircuit_4_zpsd9c4cf4a.jpg

Hmm, fox is having a look, I'll leave him space.

MountPanoramaMotorRacingCircuit_3_zps911d6f4b.jpg

Oops, that didn't go so well....

MountPanoramaMotorRacingCircuit_2_zps87a9f25d.jpg

....🤬, please don't do a Mezera in 1997 and roll this thing, I've avoided doing a Coulthard from 2010 at least.

MountPanoramaMotorRacingCircuit_1_zps8f637b8c.jpg

Oh hi, fox and joby. Don't mind me, I'm just getting some bonus air miles :scared:

So while I know most of the corners names around this place, watching Bathurst for the last 20 years or so didn't mean jack in the end :lol:

Last edited:
Just finished the GT6 download (24 hours), then 1 hour to install and then 2 hours to download and install 1.01 update.

I have my first car now. time to drive. No time to suggest any combos just now.
Slow internet service!

Back