◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,668 comments
Great! So far, with his suggestion, dabneyd is clearly in the lead!

I was surprised to see how inexpensive the Crossfire, Spitfire, MR2, 180/240SX, even the GT-R (R34) are under 50,000 (www.mygranturismo.net lists the GT5 cars - most specs are similar or identical in GT6 -you can filter or sort options if you are looking for ideas)

Many of the former Standard cars are now available - choose early (but not often, this ain't Chicago...).

I can pay attention to choices for another couple hours, then we have theater tickets downtown.

Combo 1 - Gathers Drider Civic @ Cape Ring Inside
Combo 2 - RX-7 (FD) '02 at suzuka
Combo 3 - (. )

Combo 3 options:

A) '97 MR2 at Apricot Hill
B) BRZ at willow springs
C)
D)
E)
F)
G)

Just finished the GT6 download (24 hours), then 1 hour to install and then 2 hours to download and install 1.01 update.

I have my first car now. time to drive. No time to suggest any combos just now.

Keep in mind that all of the cars from GT5 are in GT6 as well. So if there's a car you like form GT5, you can simply suggest that one (along with a track). Please keep in mind that the price limit for the car you suggest is $50K.

Is anybody planning to open a room today?
I popped in your room but you were MIA so I left.

What about wheel sizes? Do any of them change any performance characteristics? I haven't been to GT Auto yet.

Does it bother anyone else there isn't a reset to default option in the car settings?

Last edited:
Looks like getting replays for GT6 works pretty much the same; export to XMB, copy to USB, upload to google store, download, copy to USB, copy to XMB, import in GT6.

The GT6 interface is a little different and the file naming convention has changed slightly.

PPPSSSSSTTT.

youtube.com/watch?v=fLaeE97AaxQ

Saw that. Probably won't use it until the grind becomes unbearable. By that time it may be patched out.

Well 4 days after it shipped I still don't have my copy of GT6. I won't be participating if GT6 is the game used tonight. Thanks.

Well 4 days after it shipped I still don't have my copy of GT6. I won't be participating if GT6 is the game used tonight. Thanks.
I feel your pain. Mine won't arrive by UPS until Wed. Reading the thread is almost painful.
But we will be there sooooooon

So I'm a little confused...

Is there a Sunday race in GT6 tonight? If so, what are the cars/tracks? And how do we get into the room since there's no more Division lounges?

Did you adjust any driving options, such as traction control? Did you get all three payouts at once for gold on the first try?

@Chiochan I think I see what you're saying. 1st was 40k; 2nd was 20k; 3rd was 10..... 70k total. That makes sense. A big DUH on my part!!! :crazy: I would usually start with a silver time and then just restart until I achieved gold. Never bothered to check the payout between restarts. As far as driving options, everything was off except ABS set to 1.

Tonight's lineup is a preview for what we are going to run next week - We are running in GT6 - lobby info to come later. Be sure your LAST name in the GT6 "driver name" is your PSN, please.

the first two combos that we know we will run:

Gathers Drider Civic at Cape Ring Inside (new track - car on RH)
Rx7 (FD) '02 at Suzuka - same as last week.

Eligible nominees following the 50,000 or less rule:

A) 97 MR2 at Apricot Hill (car about 21,000 PP 433)

B) Clio RS at Apricot Hill (prize car / PP 403)

C) BRZ at Willow Springs (Can NOT use 15th Anniversary - 30,000 PP 403)

D) Firebird Trans Am '78 (30,000 PP 413) at Silverstone/Stowe

E) SRT Challenger SRT 8 '11 (46,600 at 498 PP) at Silverstone Gran Prix

F) Rocket at Ascari (100,000, but a prize car if you car gold all 3 Goodwood events. Good luck - I haven't yet)

Those are the options thus far - 1 hour remaining for suggestions - remember tire price and paint may factor into how someone votes.

Last edited:
What about the rocket 07 at Ascari that I put down..you get the car for free just doing the first 3 Goodwood races.

Tonight's lineup is a preview for what we are going to run next week - We are running in GT6 - lobby info to come later.

Be sure your LAST name in the GT6 "driver name" is your PSN, please.

97 MR2 at Apricot Hill (car about 21,000 PP 433)

BRZ at Willow Springs (? Can we use 15th Anniversary?)

Firebird Trans Am '78 (30,000 PP 413) at Silverstone/Stowe

SRT Challenger SRT 8 '11 at Silverstone Gran Prix

Those are the options thus far - 1 hour remaining for suggestions - remember tire price and paint may factor into how someone votes.
Thanks. So we are not doing technically "one make" races - we will still need to buy our own car and can paint them as such. Just no mods as always.

Tonight's lineup is a preview for what we are going to run next week - We are running in GT6 - lobby info to come later.

Be sure your LAST name in the GT6 "driver name" is your PSN, please.

97 MR2 at Apricot Hill (car about 21,000 PP 433)

BRZ at Willow Springs (? Can we use 15th Anniversary?)

Firebird Trans Am '78 (30,000 PP 413) at Silverstone/Stowe

SRT Challenger SRT 8 '11 at Silverstone Gran Prix

The firebird is good in terms of cost. The Rocket car suggestion is possible because it's a prize car but it's not a prize car that is from an event that is required to get to online play. I would say no on that one if that's a call for the technical director.

You also forgot or didn't see my suggestion of the Clio RS '11 @ Apricot Hill

What about the rocket 07 at Ascari that I put down..you get the car for free just doing the first 3 Goodwood races.

It is more than 50,000. Ineligible.

I agree (for now) to limit prize cars to stuff people had to complete to get online only - it IS day 2...

Back