◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,668 comments
Check it out! Thank you fellow S.N.A.I.L.'s and GranStand for this amazing prize! It was easy to put together, stable and absolutely totally adjustable. I hope to measure the position of the seat, wheel and pedals in my '07 WRX (if you didn't know what my username meant now you do) and recreate the dimensions on my new GranStand Wheel Stand.
IMG_20131121_214610.jpg

IMG_20131121_214657.jpg
Looks great...is that black paint or powder coat?
I plan on changin mine to black as soon as I get a chance to break in down for a few days.

Good luck with the stand...it's made a huge difference for me !!!👍

Actually, it's a new color option from GranStand! Pretty slick, eh? :sly:

I've posted a detailed pic below for anyone interested. Don't forget your exclusive S.N.A.I.L. discount on all GranStand products! Contact @GranStand Bill with any questions or just email him at bill@granstand.com :)

Last edited:
I would like to rejoin SNAIL Racing. Thanks
@iroquois,

We would love to have you back in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to rejoin:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information.

3. @kcheeb PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. kcheeb will add you to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_1, 2, 3, 4 or 5' based off your placement from kcheeb. That lobby will be where you race Sunday

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome back to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Hi everyone! I'd like to make a comeback into SNAIL :). It's been over a year I think since I raced with all of you. Just let me know what I need to do and I'll do it. Although, credits seem harder to come by in GT6!
@A_Higher_Place,

We would love to have you back in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to rejoin:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

3. @kcheeb PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. kcheeb will add you to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_1, 2, 3, 4 or 5' based off your placement from kcheeb. That lobby will be where you race Sunday

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome back to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Here are the incomplete and unofficial results from our league night on December 15, 2013

If you believe that another driver exhibited poor racecraft or is guilty of an S.N.A.I.L. OLR violation, please file a Racing Incident Report by 11pm Eastern / 8pm Pacific tonight. Be sure to follow the instructions precisely or your submission might not be addressed! If you're undecided on whether or not you should file an incident, please read this. Also keep in mind that an incident report isn't supposed to be an argument. Here are some good tips on how to make sure things stay civil and respectful. 👍

Click here for detailed results and statistics

Division 1

• dgafaboutany1420 -- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • QwietStorm03 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
    • racefan78 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • GCarneiroBR ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • mighty_mopar ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
    • redsoxboy80 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • serge_1919 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • dabneyd ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • Drrgreenthumb67 --- did not submit a vote
    • DrKronin ---------- did not submit a vote
    • jlbowler ---------- did not submit a vote
    • OwensRacing ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
    • chatva ------------ did not submit a vote
Division 2

• Sand__68 ---------- did not submit a vote
    • AG07WRXTR --------- did not submit a vote
    • SCREAMING_CHIEF -- did not submit a vote
    • tcrash15 ---------- did not submit a vote
    • Oshawa-Joe -------- did not submit a vote
    • dragonwhisky ------ did not submit a vote
    • JWalker_SSR7 ------ did not submit a vote
    • lfarris3 -------- did not submit a vote
    • fereck ------------ did not submit a vote
    • Drrgreenthumb67 --- did not submit a vote
    • nmcp1 ------------- did not submit a vote
    • Wolfsatz ---------- did not submit a vote
    • Schmiggz ---------- did not submit a vote
    • chatva ------------ did not submit a vote
    • wumpus-hunter ----- did not submit a vote
    • GTP_Jared93 ------- did not submit a vote
Division 3

• intoflatlines ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • Troggy ------------ did not submit a vote
    • Skills_19657 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
    • TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
    • ChuthuluGoat ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
    • raymann500 -------- did not submit a vote
Division 4

• Driftin_Assassin --- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • canuckleheadII ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • J.Rowlands -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • Handlebar-Man --- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • whatbadgerseat ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • cmbeal317 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • i_max---------- did not submit a vote
    • F. Sousa --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • Rolly21581 ------ did not submit a vote
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - Honda Gathers Drider CIVIC Race Car '98 (Racing Hard tires) at Cape Ring Inside (10 Laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @hooker4 wins Prize A, they get to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - Subaru BRZ S '12 (Sports Hard tires) at Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow (7 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @martin20az gets Prize B, he gets to decide which part of the combo is replaced and what replaces it.

Prize C goes to @soundtiger95 so he gets the tie-breaking vote if the car/track elimination vote results in a tie.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your car and/or track selection until all racing complaints are filed and you are given the "all clear" to announce your selection. It's also important that you review our Car/Track History so that you can see a complete history of how many times we've raced each car and track (just scroll to the right of that tab). Please remember that originality is always appreciated. Therefore, picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required).

Car Selection Guidelines
Dealership Cars - The maximum price for a selected car is limited to only $50,000 due to the recent release of GT6.

Track Selection Guidelines
Any track can be selected as long as a single lap with the car combo'd with it would not take more than five minutes to complete. For example, don't select anything that includes the Nurburgring's Nordschleife.

FmeorCJ.png

Race Date: 15 December 2013

This week's prize winners are clear to make their selections. Good racing!

IR Submission Form is now closed.

Banners by dabneyd

Make your picks gentleman.

is it to late to sign up for snail?
@REBELRCN85,

Thanks for your interest!

We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

We have to take a test now to join!? I didn't study :embarrassed:

On a serious note, my wife told me if I keep acting good, Santa might bring me a new ps3 for Christmas. Gotta be on my best behavior until then.. afterwards I'll go back to my shenanigans ;) I'll have to redo the time trial as I'm sure my speed has slowed down tremendously since my last session of gt in October. Not totally confident I could keep pace in div2 without a couple weeks of race prep

Looks great...is that black paint or powder coat?
I plan on changin mine to black as soon as I get a chance to break in down for a few days.

Good luck with the stand...it's made a huge difference for me !!!👍

Socal,

We just got a new batch of black powder coated brackets in stock. Shoot me an email, I'm sure we can work something out...

Bill

@REBELRCN85,

Thanks for your interest!

We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Not a problem i will complete today after work. test complete. just gotta run some laps around 330pm eastern.

Last edited:
History says that people are going to hate the walls! I however, may be racing this coming Suunday!

Those wanting or needing to glitch more money. DISABLE YOU INTERNET. DO NOT TAKE UPDATE.

you can buy a slew of M4's in V1.01 that sell for 20 million in V1.00

I'm gonna snag 10 more of them just in case.

Seems the whole name debate is now moot as well. "Online lobby names changed to psn ID" Glad to see this, and I hope Spicy is still available! Now that they are killing the glitch, I'm glad to see pay outs increased and the login bonus return. Especially considering the effect this will have on their micro-transaction crap. Glad to see some fixs, sad not to see any new features yet.

We should test it out today. whats going down around 7:30, 8 est tonight? Stock car/Nascar type circle track anyone? I got a couple of American muscles I'd like to try out in their natural habitat.

Two thumbs up for the PSN ID being used in the lobby.

Huge two thumbs up to real draft setting. I sure hope this is what's used in SNAIL.

Yeah for PSN ID's in online rooms 👍

Real drafting, depending on how PD defines real, could be a much better way to race 👍 Not sure about full size cars, but even weak draft in a Kart is, well, not weak.

We will know tonight, we wills tart small, and test each with weak first, then real to see what difference we feel. We can do say, 8 races, 2 in karts, street car, some sort of race car, and finally nascar. 10 laps a peice perhaps? More laps and races if we get a good turn out and people are willing.
Also, RA functions are back as well!

Latest Posts

Back