◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,415 comments
Banner to come!
Hello all, and welcome to the introductory post for the S.N.A.I.L. Funday Fridays Event! With a week full of rules and regulations, this is S.N.A.I.L.s chance to cut loose, throw caution to the wind, and get dirty! Every Friday, we will vote on one of a number of events laid out below. Some will be team based, some will be individual events, all will be fun! So join us, as we rage onto the race track and have at it!
Events:
Cat and Snail: A team event, where the team to get their snail across the line first wins!
Roller Derby: A full on, no holds barred race for the finish line on small tracks, in small cars.
Dirty NASCAR: Get into your high powered NASCAR and take it to the track, and your competition! Boost optional.
Soccer: Two teams square off, one car is stuck between. The first team to 10 wins!
All events are SPEC, with all aids, sans ABS, off. Winners pick the next track. Rules are easy, win, at all cost!
A room will be opened and posted. I would like to keep it a friend’s only room if possible, as trying to teach randoms what’s going on has proven to be a nuisance in the past. However, the more the merrier, so bring a friend!
I’ll be creating a new thread with more details, including better descriptions of the proposed events soon. If anyone has an idea for a fitting, dirty event that they would like to see, I am open to suggestions!
This week’s event? How about the first running of Cat and Snail? Time will be 9pm EST. Though this is debatable if need be to facilitate participation.
lane.gif
Let’s get it ON!!!!!
BTW, this starts this Friday!

My pick for prize A: Amuse s2000 @ mt panorama (Bathurst)

I'm going to assume that your choice is the Amuse S2000 Street Version '04. This is a relatively safe assumption as it is the only of the 4 Amuse's that meets the current cap of 50k credits.

I would also guess that the credit cap could be raised as soon as next week in light of the update we got today.

I would also guess that the credit cap could be raised as soon as next week in light of the update we got today.
Especially if you can race those kart races more then once and still get credits. Looks like we are getting closer to where we left off with GT5! Good stuff!

So guys it turns out that I have a half-day of school today and tomorrow. Will anyone be on to do any shenanigans? :sly: If not I'll be livestreaming a Legend of Zelda game on my Twitch. :D

May the TriForce be with you! Which one are you playing?

you can buy a slew of M4's in V1.01 that sell for 20 million in V1.00

So, you get a choice of VGT or M4 now? That is genius! I have 2 M4s already, but I may pick up a few more as well.

And for those not doing the glitch, don't worry about it.

... there is always the PSN store as a back up.... :irked:

S.N.A.I.L. Driver Anniversary Announcement

Please join my in congratulating our newest entrant into the S.N.A.I.L. One Year Club​

@flesxruoyxllik

And our inaugural members of the S.N.A.I.L. Two Year Club

@zer05ive
@cmbeal317
@screaming chief
One year racing in an online community is pretty much unheard of. Racing for two years is mind boggling and something to be commended. Well done and thank you for choosing to race with S.N.A.I.L.

:cheers:

Yup, and the M4 cost less initially. But they fixed the issue with the new update. So if you did update, no dice.

So just a question (doesn't really matter to me because I already have my stockpiles of cars and don't want to go through the process any more): With the new patch, one would have to, under 1.01, buy a bunch of M4s or VGTs, then delete the update to get back to 1.00, but then they have to do ALL of their selling in 1.00 because once they update again, it will automatically go to 1.02 with no option for 1.01. Is that right?

So just a question (doesn't really matter to me because I already have my stockpiles of cars and don't want to go through the process any more): With the new patch, one would have to, under 1.01, buy a bunch of M4s or VGTs, then delete the update to get back to 1.00, but then they have to do ALL of their selling in 1.00 because once they update again, it will automatically go to 1.02 with no option for 1.01. Is that right?
Pretty sure that is how it will work. Otherwise, I don't think it would fix the issue.

I'm going to assume that your choice is the Amuse S2000 Street Version '04. This is a relatively safe assumption as it is the only of the 4 Amuse's that meets the current cap of 50k credits.

I was wanting the gti turbo :mad: but since I forgot about the cap ill go with the 04 street version s2000

Who doesn't like Robot Chicken references?
Oh joe! While I am a huge RC fan. And ATHF! This is actually a Celebrity Deathmatch reference. Aired on Mtv a number of years ago.
Who's in for tonight? 8 of the o' clock. Testing the new "real" draft feature as an excuse to drive fast cars fast in a circle?

Anyone in favor of raising the cap next week?

75k maybe 100k

I was thinking 100k would be very reasonable. Might as well do it mid season since this season is already about as chaotic as it could possibly get at this point. There is a Nascar race at Motegi SS that will net you almost 200k if you have the 200% online bonus when factoring in the newly increased payouts. I would guess that the increase in payouts is probably a temporary thing as it was for the first Christmas with GT5. Even with the old payout and online bonus, it would still pay right around 100k for the four minutes it takes to run the race.

It's still not as easy as the insane payout seasonal events in GT5, but it's a lot better than it was yesterday.

I propose raising the car selection cap to 100k effective next week.

snailracing.org 12/22 practice room now open...

1472-6399-8408-2426-4980

BRZ @ Silverstone int. on SH
RX-7 @ Suzuka on SM
Street S2K @ Bathurst on SH

StewardAnnouncments.png

Will anyone be uploading replays from D1? We do have 1 Incident reported from Round 2 Race 1 that will need some attention from the Stewards. If anyone has a replay of that race that isn't locking up their PS3, I would appreciate it if you could let me know and if you don't have access to the SNAIL Google Drive, we will make arrangements to get it there.

Thank you.

The replay playback definitely needs some work. Race 2 replay for D2 hard locked my PS3. Twice.

Last edited:
Hey SNAILS. I was wondering if I could join on a Sunday evening here & there. Not sure how consistent I would be since I race in another league on Sunday afternoons. Sunday is my main day to race...A LOT. I get an hour maybe two during the week. :grumpy:
I raced with a few guys the other night at Suzuka; it was a fun experience.
I thought I would ask here first as a lot of the other leagues run race cars, tune, endurance, etc. Not preferable to me.
Thanks,
Coach

Back