◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,412 comments
Division 1 connection was pretty good tonight. I only seen a few stutters and I mean like three all night. Actually they all happened at once from one other racers and it cleared up.

Glad for that.

D5 Director's Report:

I want to thank everyone once again for coming out tonight! Even though I ran away from everyone for most of the night it sound's like everyone else was having a good time! It's too bad we had a few connection issues, but tonight did go a lot smoother than last week. Hope that everyone has a Merry Christmas!

cmbeal317

Division 1 connection was pretty good tonight. I only seen a few stutters and I mean like three all night. Actually they all happened at once from one other racers and it cleared up.

Glad for that.
You guys were in the Open Lobby tonight right? Did you guys disable mics or do anything else different from the last week? Or do you think is was just because there were only 12 drivers this week instead of the 15-16 last week?

Division 3 Directors report:
With 12 racers on track there was no appreciable lag that was observed. The only hiccup occurred when we had a driver exit the course during a race. The top five racers were only separated by a handful of points and a few of them were tied in points. Close racing. Nicely done gents. Looking forward to next week.

edit-A big thank you to @intoflatlines for keeping score!

Last edited:
Division 3 Directors report:
With 12 racers on track there was no appreciable lag that was observed. The only hiccup occurred when we had a driver exit the course during a race. The top five racers were only separated by a handful of points and a few of them were tied in points. Close racing. Nicely done gents. Looking forward to next week.

edit-A big thank you to @intoflatlines for keeping score!

Thanks for directing, Skills! Since this was your first time directing, I just wanted to remind you that you can collect $hells for your efforts. Just look for the "RACE DIRECTOR" option. You can also collect $hells by selecting the "HOST" option and referencing this post since you did that as well.

Same for you @intoflatlines. If you make a post confirming that all the results and votes have been entered, you can collect $hells by selecting the "SCOREKEEPER" option. 👍

Ok we've driven the Amuse street and yes it's a handful of junk!

However! For those that attempted to tame that thing!, tell me you didn't learn some important car control?

You've all got ice racing licenses now!
PS I preformed horrible, not even as well as I practiced, oh the shame! I hang my head!

Last edited:
-Division 2 Directors Report-

Well, we had no connection issues. The only issue we had was a few could not see others but we sorted it out and the night was great. We ran in a 'friends only' room and everyone was able to enter without a hitch. Qualifying to reverse grid went well and I want to thank everyone for your cooperation and patience. I think we'll run next week in a 'friends only' room, since it worked out so well. I want to thank fastfox, he'll see you guys in D1 soon, for keeping score, Dragon for co-directing and nmcp1 for taking care of replay uploads. Don't forget to collect your $hells:cheers:. The biggest thanks goes to kcheeb and zer0 for sorting out the divisions in the small amount of time they had. Overall a great night for us in D2 and we finished all the races this week:)

Last edited:
Good night in D2 all around. 👍 A few instances of lag from my vantage point but nothing that made it impossible to run.

D2 replays are up 👍 Let's hope they work :odd: :nervous:

Awesome! Thanks! Don't forget to collect your $hells:)

Is there really any difference between the host and director now?
Not when the races are held in the Open Lobby.

@fzappa, can you confirm that everyone in a Friends Only room can change the settings etc just like in a private lounge in GT5? I assume this is how Dragon was able to co-direct?

Awesome! Thanks! Don't forget to collect your $hells:)

Only the first 3 replays work.. Downloading NCMP's right now.

@fzappa, can you confirm that everyone in a Friends Only room can change the settings etc just like in a private lounge in GT%? I assume this is how Dragon was able to co-direct?

As far to my understanding. Dragon helped keep things sort. But only the host can change room settings still

Last edited:

@fzappa, can you confirm that everyone in a Friends Only room can change the settings etc just like in a private lounge in GT%? I assume this is how Dragon was able to co-direct?

No. The host is the only one that can change the settings. Dragon helped me co-direct with instructions.

Same for you @intoflatlines. If you make a post confirming that all the results and votes have been entered, you can collect $hells by selecting the "SCOREKEEPER" option. 👍
Thanks! Where is this SCOREKEEPER option you speak of? All results and votes have been entered. I will upload replays as soon as I am granted access. I am having issues with figuring out how to find "total time" from the replays though. How do I do that?

All results and votes have been entered for D3

Last edited:
Ok we've driven the Amuse street and yes it's a handful of junk!

However! For those that attempted to tame that thing!, tell me you didn't learn some important car control?

You've all got ice racing licenses now!
PS I preformed horrible, not even as well as I practiced, oh the shame! I hang my head!

I think that car/race was great. :)

FYI, the PS3 locked up again when I played the 2nd replay from round 1 tonight. The title intro works but the race data is not there. Only thing that gets the ps3 working again is a shutdown of the system but really not good the the OS.

X

Did I say something?
Oops and sorry!

No haha, I just meant I had to invent new expletives to shout when I wrecked because it happened so often I ranout of them.

In all seriousness though, taking on that car, at that track, while trying to make the transition from DS3 to G27 was just too much me to handle.

FYI, the PS3 locked up again when I played the 2nd replay from round 1 tonight. The title intro works but the race data is not there. Only thing that gets the ps3 working again is a shutdown of the system but really not good the the OS.

X
Same here, round 1 race 2 locked up my PS3.

Do you stay awake to get it?
I never sleep in the first place. ;)
No. The host is the only one that can change the settings. Dragon helped me co-direct with instructions.
Hmm.. that's too bad.. I'd figure a "Friends Only" room would be the same as a "Private" lounge. I'm hoping/predicting that this will be the case when the new community features get here, whenever that may be.

Directors/Hosts, go ahead and double up on $hells while you can. I see no problem with you getting credit for both duties since you're in fact doing both. Once GT6 allows us to separate the two duties, we'll be doing exactly that. 👍

Same here, round 1 race 2 locked up my PS3.
OK, thanks for that. I am going to try playing the rest of the replays from tonight. If another locks up the system I will be forced to never save replays until PD explains and or fixes the problem. GT5 never did this!

X

Back