◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,413 comments
Merry
Christmas
2355060.jpg

View attachment 92467
In the house of Dragon!

So far as I know, "Santa" used our SNAIL discount to get it here.

Now, I just have to figure out how to get it hooked up to my receiver and mounted to my chair so as not to impede the height adjustment.

Easiest way to get sound to it is use the standard red/white audio outputs from the PS3 and enable multiple audio output.

Next easiest is to daisy chain from your subwoofer. Word of warning, the output level was a little low when I tried this from my system.

Enjoy :)

Merry xmas, holidays, or whatever it is you do everyone! Hope you all got what you were going for!
we finally lost all power yesterday. Probably be out till saturday. lucky we have lots of xmas parties and places to be.
Btw, I must have made the freaking awesome list, this guy fit a ticket to the Richard Petty driving experience at MIR! Hells ya!

Hooray for no gifts! :D Totally not the true purpose of this wonderful holiday but a nice little thing wrapped up in stuff with a bow to top it off would be nice. :sly: Is anyone online to hoon around for a bit? Things are a bit boring in my dark room. :P

I would like to rejoin Snail Racing my psn PICHON617 I just got GT6.
@Pichon617,
Thanks for looking us back up. Still using a wheel?

We would love to have you back in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to rejoin:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry back into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information.

3. @kcheeb PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. kcheeb will add you to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_1, 2, 3, 4 or 5' based off your placement from kcheeb. That lobby will be where you race Sunday

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome back to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Hooray for no gifts! :D Totally not the true purpose of this wonderful holiday but a nice little thing wrapped up in stuff with a bow to top it off would be nice. :sly: Is anyone online to hoon around for a bit? Things are a bit boring in my dark room. :P
I wish, only thing I get to look at is a black screen and a fire place. Bout to start drinking some warmth in a bottle. Think I'll be getting some aftershock if we don't get power back by tomorrow.

Hey kcheeb. Do I need to resubmit a time trial for gt6?
@tevesh2,
Thanks for your interest!

We would love to have you back in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to rejoin:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your reentry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information.

3. @kcheeb PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. kcheeb will add you to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_1, 2, 3, 4 or 5' based off your placement from kcheeb. That lobby will be where you race Sunday

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome back to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

20131225_181415.jpg

20131225_181435.jpg

Buttkicker Gamer 2 in operation.

During that pic I had some Glitch Mob playing.

Initial review. OOoooOOOOh.

Installation review; Instructions certainly not geared for newbs. Configuration diagrams sparse and only apply to PC or Console devices. Nothing regarding hooking it to a receiver.
Went online, of course, and pulled some info down from BK's site regarding hooking different products into receiver. Cables supplied were not suitable for connecting to the sub-woofer pre-out on my Onkyo receiver. Found a male-male single RCA cable in my boneyard and hooked that up to one sub pre-out and then into the line in on the BK Amp. Hooked all other associated cables where they belonged, fired it all up, enable the sub woofer on the receiver, queued up some music with a heavy bass back beat and, nothin'. Crap. Shut everything off, scratched head, pushed a couple buttons, swapped the transducer lead at the amp 180° and fired everything back up, fiddled with cut off filter switches, freq knob and volume control and off she took. Thought my chair was going to explode. Good thing I wasn't sittin' in it. Mighta' had a heart attack. Made some more adjusments, had the wife and daughter come down and let me know what they thought, as I made some more adjustment to frequency cutoffs and volume level.

The volume, or "Intensity" as BK calls it, is tied directly to the volume level the receiver is pushing the external speakers, but, as I increase or decrease, I can adjust the BK amp's volume, and in fact have to, to keep it from rattling my chair to pieces. All this, and yet to fire up GT6. Is it really only 20 to 7? Will be doing that shortly, after a bite to eat.

Last edited:
Just finished my first batch of runs with the Buttkicker Gamer II. Ran the Tour of Japan in the R390. Clutchshiftin', Buttkickin', batch of Awesomeness! 👍👍:D

All I have to say is, if you ain't rollin' with a Buttkicker, you just ain't rollin'.

After I prep a steward announcement (not the summary), I'll be heading out on the Tour of Europe in the V12 Vantage for, as Ben Folds put it, "bass in my butt" when referring to an a cappella rendition of "Ring of Fire". I'm betting Mr. Folds has never had a Buttkicker under his seat.

Stewards.png

I would like to ask all Divisional GM's and leadership to ensure the replays for your division are up and working. Please coordinate with your division mates to obtain working replays. This needs to be done for all divisions and until Polyphony Digital gets this replay fiasco patched.

Currently, it appears we have incidents in the following Divisions and races that appear to have replays that lock up PS3s frog's a$$ tight;

D1
  • Round 1 Race 1
  • Round 1 Race 2
  • Round 2 Race 2
D2
  • Round 1 Race 1
  • Round 2 Race 2
Other needed replays that may or may not be working but need to be verified as working or replaced if not;

D4
  • Round 1 Race 1
  • Round 1 Race 2

D5
  • Round 1 Race 1
While the league is waiting for the stewards, the stewards are waiting on replays that don't lock up their PS3s. While this isn't anyone in SNAIL's fault, we all need to gather up the needed data so the steward corp can get on with it.

I would suggest the assigned replay uploaders gather up whatever replays that aren't working on their machine, from whoever in their division has one working of that race, then post the new upload package of all their divisions races ASAP.

Thank you.​

From my side, all of the D4 replays appear to be operational. I went through them all for data collection. If there are any issues with the uploaded replays, let me know and I will canvas the rest of the division for alternates.

Dragon, I will upload Round 1 Race, Round 2 Race 1/2, Round 3 race 1/2 for D2 tonight. I dont have a working Round 1 Race 2 replay.

I hope everyone had a great day today. Christmas is a great time of the year and by the looks of it, some of you were on Santa's 'Nice List'. Awesome gifts:cheers:

I have a question. This is December 25th, correct? In Santa Monica, CA today, the temp. was a very dry 83 degrees:confused:
It feels more like the 4th of July than Christmas:odd: Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, it's just throwing my dewwandum off. I grew up on Long Island and I guess I miss the 'real' change of the seasons and the snow. Ice storms, not so much. I hope everyone is safe, warm and has power:)

Back