◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,413 comments
Just tried GT6 on the home theatre. Really makes headsets sound like poo
I didn't know there was any other way ;)

10968776095_b377586fc0_z.jpg

Just tried GT6 on the home theatre. Really makes headsets sound like poo. 7.1 and over 1500 watts RMS = Grin ear to ear.

The Ford GT from Goodwood Challenge is amazing. Several others were stunning. Some still suck.

The first time I drove that Ford in the Goodwood Challenge I got goose bumps...and I HATE Fords!

AMA Supercross is 1/4... Live timing feature like this? Is that the kind of setup you are seeking?

http://live.amasupercross.com
Yeah that could work I suppose. I probably wouldn't do a play-by-play since I don't know who the riders are. However, the randomness is and the motorsports affiliation is the same. Are there any car series running on Saturday that have live timing?

EDIT: Just saw your note about Dakar.. I gotta say that your Dubai idea is growing on me though.. We could use Nick's fastest lap time during the race to determine the winner. That would be pretty cool as long as guys don't mind the wait.

Last edited:
I was messaged about the league and im interested but not sure how available I would be but I would like to give it a try. My psn is dtlohse. Thank you.
@Daniel Lohse,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information.

3. @kcheeb PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. kcheeb will add you to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6' based off your placement from kcheeb. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Can you PM with the information of what I need to be doing this sunday?
I'd like to make a suggestion to you and all the Directors/hosts: Since GT6 allows 3 different online settings to be saved and loaded later, configure and save your room settings for race 1 of each combo. I go as far as limiting the PP and HP too. It takes a lot of focus and attention to detail to Direct the room AND race. This allows a bit more focus to be on actual racing.

For those who miss shuffle racing, here is a well constructed group 👍 And be advised you need to buy the 9 cars ahead of time. Today is Vintage Road Cars (third list, the Abarth '79 through MX-5 Miata (NA) '89) - starting at 2pm EST, about 2 hours long.

@watermelonpunch has also posted the schedule and rules on page 1. :gtpflag:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/mixer-makeshift-shuffle-see-post-2-for-schedule.293390/

This is not a SNAIL affiliated series, just clean Spec racing with a vintage shuffle vibe. :cheers:

You may see a couple SNAILs there.

And the selections are in - next week's combos:

ROUND ONE
Subaru S206 NBR Challenge Package '12
(331 hp / 478 PP) - (Sports Medium Tires)
at Deep Forest Raceway / Reverse (? laps - 7?)

ROUND TWO
Ford Mustang Boss 302 '13
(465HP / PP 508) (Sports Soft tires)
at Apricot Hill (7 laps)

ROUND THREE
Amuse Nismo 380 RS Superlegara
(399 hp / 510 PP) - (Sports Soft tires)
at Suzuka Circuit (5 laps)

Last edited:
@zer05ive,

There is the Roar Before the Rolex 24 this weekend at Daytona. That might provide some times from the practice sessions.

ROUND ONE
(~320 hp / ~478 PP - will verify in a moment) - (Sports Soft Tires)

ROUND TWO
at Apricot Hill (7 laps)

ROUND THREE
(399 hp / 510 PP) - (Sports Medium tires)

You gents are makin' me spend all my moniez! Another good problem to have! All on halfway decent tires too! I'm curious though, how does the higher PP/HP car get crappier tires than the Subaru?

At the rate new (and veteran SNAILS) drivers are coming in, we might be at 7 divisions by February. Do @Adventuruss and @OwensRacing get a free pass to the Fabled Division 6?

Here is my Prize A announcement:

Car: Subaru S206 NBR CHALLENGE PACKAGE '12 (60k credits and a little bit more fun then the spec C STI)
Track: Deep Forest Raceway/Reverse

I had a ton of fun racing with the combo, hopefully everyone else will too!
Oooh, Deep Forest. One of my favorite fictional tracks. :) I'll have to learn it in reverse though...

@zer05ive,

There is the Roar Before the Rolex 24 this weekend at Daytona. That might provide some times from the practice sessions.
I dunno.. I'm leaning towards this race as an ideal way to get a lap time, since we should be able to get a lap time from the 123 car.. :D

It looks like there will be a live stream of the event,but just need to figure out where we'd get the lap times from..

Nismo superlegra @ suzuka for my prize b selection
Here is my Prize A announcement:

Car: Subaru S206 NBR CHALLENGE PACKAGE '12 (60k credits and a little bit more fun then the spec C STI)
Track: Deep Forest Raceway/Reverse

I had a ton of fun racing with the combo, hopefully everyone else will too!
Thanks for making you Prize A and Prize B selections!! :cheers:

ROUND ONE
(331 hp / 478 PP) - (Sports Medium Tires)

ROUND TWO
at Apricot Hill (7 laps)

ROUND THREE
(399 hp / 510 PP) - (Sports Soft tires)
Thanks Handlebar! You don't understand what a huge help that is. :bowdown:

The January 5th lineup has been posted! :gtpflag:

Now that the first lineup for the January season is set, let's recognize the winners of the very transitional and chaotic December season..

Back