◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,417 comments
No it's ok. Please tell apple to spell words correctly for me. No reason they didn't catch that.

It felt the need to change gut to guy earlier. I'm like really.

Just think of ridicule when you use ridiculous.

There is only one competition where the level of pressure cannot be mitigated down to it's synthetic, which is to say totally and completely self manufactured, state. That's the one where if you lose, you die. All other competitions pale in comparison when your opponent is trying to kill you and your aim is to do the same to him. Thinking a competition is more "pressure" based on the number of people watching or the risk you voluntarily assumed, is nothing more than egotistically arrogant thinking.

On our basest levels the only reason we do compete, and keep score, is to synthesize that survival performance pressure, that for the most part, has been removed from most of our lives. Overcoming your opponent, whether it's the driver in another car, the batter at the plate, in the 9th inning on a full count, that triple axel that tells the judges you're the best in that moment, that turn, on that track, you finally figured out how to go through flat out, whether in virtual reality or otherwise, can all produce those surges in adrenaline that make your heart beat faster, the sweat pour down and the fear of failure magnify to, in some cases, unbearable levels. The struggles that preceded those moments, and the value each individual places on them are all that matter when it comes to "feeling the pressure". The pressure is still an internal reaction, decided on either consciously or sub-consciously by the individual feeling it.

Right now is -36 in Mississauga and..... tchan tchan tchan tchaaasaaaaan.... the heater in my beautiful Ford Escape broke down:crazy: and guess what.... the fuse is good!!! WTFFFFFFF!!!

Right now is -36 in Mississauga and..... tchan tchan tchan tchaaasaaaaan.... the heater in my beautiful Ford Escape broke down:crazy: and guess what.... the fuse is good!!! WTFFFFFFF!!!
Is that windchill, or straight temp? We hit -26c last night, currently at about -17.
Also, the cold may have locked up the motor. My cars blower was making a nasty noise this morning for a few. Though I have owned cars with no heat in the past. Bundle up and wear a scarf so your breath doesn't fog up the window! What year escape for that matter. The new it is, the more suseptible to the extreme cold it will be. Electronics and very cold don't mix well.

Is that windchill, or straight temp? We hit -26c last night, currently at about -17.
Also, the cold may have locked up the motor. My cars blower was making a nasty noise this morning for a few. Though I have owned cars with no heat in the past. Bundle up and wear a scarf so your breath doesn't fog up the window! What year escape for that matter. The new it is, the more suseptible to the extreme cold it will be. Electronics and very cold don't mix well.
with windchill

@Schmiggz
The blower motor most likely the problem. You will want to use a voltage meter and check the plug to ensure it is getting voltage. If so the. Replace blower, if not then your issue is in the switch.

Schmiggz the oil that lubes the bearing in the fan has frozen. it wont work until it has thowed out.

Frozen oil? Maybe thick but frozen? First I've heard of that.

However I'm no expert.

when i switched on the fan theres not even a noise of that thing trying to go. its just dead
try moving through the vent options, do you hear a flap moving around in the dash? won't be much noise, you will have to really listen. If not, pop the hood and check the fuses there too. There will be a couple of them for ac/blower/logicon. Ultimately, I am thinking that Fox is right though. Lube doesnt 'freeze" so much as it gets stupid thick,, further everything contracts in the cold, creating a greater gap in the motor if it has a brushless motor. Making it harder for the motor itself to turn as well.

If the lube has thickened he should be able to give it a spin when apart and it will take off. To save you time. Check voltage to ensure you are even getting power. Then move forward.

The HVAC flappers won't prevent the blower from working. It will just be stuck on one setting. Blowing from one spot. Usually they default to defrost if I'm remembering correctly.

Google results comes back to quite a few resister replacements. It could easily be this. The cold could caused enough load when it started to fault this already failing item.

Last edited:
Anyone use RE-11 tires on their car?

I did when they first came out (on a NA Miata) they are a REALLY good tire (mostly spirited driving and a few autocross days) the only real disadvantage is they don't last very long (but what HP tires do)

I actually run the Dunlop ZII's these days, I got them super cheap and very little/if any difference in performance. Probably mostly in my head but overall grip goes to the RE-11 but the Dunlop's have a better/more progressive feeling when i am about to break loose.

I did when they first came out (on a NA Miata) they are a REALLY good tire (mostly spirited driving and a few autocross days) the only real disadvantage is they don't last very long (but what HP tires do)

I actually run the Dunlop ZII's these days, I got them super cheap and very little/if any difference in performance. Probably mostly in my head but overall grip goes to the RE-11 but the Dunlop's have a better/more progressive feeling when i am about to break loose.
I don't think ZII are available in my size though... I'll have to double check.

I ran them on my old 370Z. It's a great tire if you have a large diameter wheel. Probably some of the best performing tires in the wet too. 18in wheels and below I would go with some star specs though.
Why do you say that? Soft sidewall?

I recall you saying it was too competitive and stressful for you.
Well then you recall incorrectly.

I could elaborate on what I did not like about Sunday night racing a year ago if you like. But remember, when the dust has settled, you started this one...so everyone can call you the troll...
:lol:

Last edited:
Div.5 action!!

w9lIBva.jpg

4KgY41N.jpg

sd1iJg6.jpg

ukny2Jw.jpg

I know that the new combos have already been picked, so just disregard the prize section of the following post..

Nevermind.

Last edited:
Back