◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,420 comments

@Adventuruss , @Chiochan , @dabneyd , @DJones , @DrKronin , @Handlebar , @hillracing , @JLBowler , @jobyone , @Oshawa-Joe , @tezgm99 , @wumpushunter , @kcheeb , @zer05ive

CALLING ALL STEWARDS

Due to the Replay Lottery Polyphony Digital has us all playing, we need all stewards to make an effort to review every incident they can get a working replay for. We have had replays that didn't work on one machine inexplicably work on another. Please make an effort to complete reviews this week.

Calling all SNAILs - if you have a working replay for any race, please upload it to the Open Replays folder on google as soon as you can. @ExoSphere64 - Please create a folder for D7 and DWC.

We have replays that have worked on one machine and then not worked on the same machine and then worked again on that same machine.

@Adventuruss , @Chiochan , @dabneyd , @DJones , @DrKronin , @Handlebar , @hillracing , @JLBowler , @jobyone , @Oshawa-Joe , @tezgm99 , @wumpushunter , @kcheeb , @zer05ive

CALLING ALL STEWARDS

Due to the Replay Lottery Polyphony Digital has us all playing, we need all stewards to make an effort to review every incident they can get a working replay for. We have had replays that didn't work on one machine inexplicably work on another. Please make an effort to complete reviews this week.

Calling all SNAILs - if you have a working replay for any race, please upload it to the Open Replays folder on google as soon as you can. @ExoSphere64 - Please create a folder for D7 and DWC.

I made a D7 folder in GDRIVE

If you raced in Division 7 on Sunday night, please suggest a Prize A combo (car and track) in case @Jakedog23 does not make his Prize A selection by 10pm tonight. This combo will replace the GT-R at Deep Woods / Reverse.

If you raced in Division 3 on Sunday night, please suggest a Prize B combo in case @d3uc3_dropp3r does not make his Prize B selection by 10pm tonight.

This prize replaces either Amuse Nismo 380 RS Superlegara
OR the Suzuka Circuit track.
You may suggest either a car, or suggest a track, not both.

Please note that you can only make one suggestion. If you submit more than one combo, your right to make a suggestion, and all suggestions made by you, will be revoked.

If either prize winner has not declared their prize by 10 pm EST tonight, we will open up voting on the valid combo suggestions (if submitted before 10:00 pm tonight) to ALL drivers, D1-D7 and WC, who raced this past Sunday night. Voting will go until noon Thursday. Yes, of both guys do not get their Prize announced, you will vote for the Combo A and a vote for Combo B.

It's also important that you review our Car/Track History so that you can see a complete history of how many times we've raced each car and track (just scroll to the right of that tab). Please remember that originality is always appreciated. Therefore, picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required).,

Car Selection Guidelines
Dealership Cars - The maximum price for a selected car is now $100,000
DLC Cars - Only DLC cars that are FREE and currently still available in the PlayStation Store can be selected.

(Suggestion: http://www.kudosprime.com/gt6/carlist.php - they have a filtering by different criteria and you can set a price cap if needed)

Track Selection Guidelines
Any non-DLC track can be selected as long as a single lap with the car combo'd with it would not take more than five minutes to complete. For example, don't select anything that includes the Nurburgring's Nordschleife.
My choice is the Hyundai Genesis at Monza w/ Chicane.

This may have already been addressed but i couldnt find it. Now that we have the option of removing the stock wing from cars, are we allowed to for this series?

This may have already been addressed but i couldnt find it. Now that we have the option of removing the stock wing from cars, are we allowed to for this series?

To elaborate on chatva's response. You can't do anything to the car that would prevent it from entering a tuning prohibited room. Removing the wing, adding a wing, adding side panels, adding flat floors, or adding any of the extra parts that some cars have available would prohibit you from entering a tuning prohibited room so they are not allowed. Changing wheels, changing brake balance, and changing torque distribution on cars that have that ability standard is allowed. At least I think the torque balance still goes. It was acceptable in GT5 but I haven't checked it out in GT6.

To elaborate on chatva's response. You can't do anything to the car that would prevent it from entering a tuning prohibited room. Removing the wing, adding a wing, adding side panels, adding flat floors, or adding any of the extra parts that some cars have available would prohibit you from entering a tuning prohibited room so they are not allowed. Changing wheels, changing brake balance, and changing torque distribution on cars that have that ability standard is allowed. At least I think the torque balance still goes. It was acceptable in GT5 but I haven't checked it out in GT6.
The torque control is possible because with the Subaru I used it.

I made a D7 folder in GDRIVE
I just made west coast folder
Neither of those folders appear here. Pretty sure, since @ExoSphere64 set that up he will likely be the only one that can create folders in the root.

We have replays that have worked on one machine and then not worked on the same machine and then worked again on that same machine.
As you've said, pure randomness.

I don't even ask for a full league, but an European division like the West coast one would indeed be amazing.
While it would be great to have SNAIL worldwide, we've barely got the infrastructure in place for the 8 divisions we currently have. Incorporating an entirely different continent, a day ahead or behind, is currently out of the question.

Neither of those folders appear here. Pretty sure, since @ExoSphere64 set that up he will likely be the only one that can create folders in the root.

As you've said, pure randomness.

While it would be great to have SNAIL worldwide, we've barely got the infrastructure in place for the 8 divisions we currently have. Incorporating an entirely different continent, a day ahead or behind, is currently out of the question.

I made it in the GDrive kcheeb gave me access to

At the moment, no. We have no incidents needing replays from either of those 2 divisions. Will it stay that way? Hard to tell.

Can the West Coasters use the IR Form? I just took a look but it is no longer excepting submissions.

I don't even ask for a full league, but an European division like the West coast one would indeed be amazing.

As one of the main reasons we have a West Coast division I will say it has taken a lot of time and patience to get to this point. If you want a Euro division you need to be willing to step up to make it happen. Find other racers who share your desire and are willing to work to make it happen. I am not trying to step on Dragonwhisky (or zer0/kcheeb) if the Powers that be are saying that it will not happen but it seems to me if you want a Division you need to set a time and find other people that will join you to practice the SNAIL combos. Get enough people interested (and pitching in to run/maintain the division) and then who knows. But it takes time and a lot of work.

All the chatter re: different divisions reminds me of the Sons of Anarchy charters. "I will wear my SNAIL cut with pride!"

Back on topic: Just some observations from my week 1...

I've noticed that most races are stretching to 12min vs. the 10min noted on page 1. May not seem like a big deal but 12 extra minutes per race night and taking into account an average of 5-10 minutes between races pushes the time commitment to about 2.5hrs - 3hrs per Sunday.

If I were a single man, there'd be no problem, but family time comes into play right around the 2hr marker for me. I may end up skipping out the final race in some cases. :(

Also, is there a policy around the chatter happening during races? I would like to keep my mic on at all times but it becomes very distracting to do so. If I choose to go with no mic during races is that ok?

Handles well and have a 2:07.945. Of course that's a mid-pack Div-5 talking. Should be enjoyable.

It will be just fine until we try and race it at Monza. Racing at Monza very rarely ends well for all concerned. Traditionally, it has caused a ton of review work for the stewards.

i was in d7, i suggest
2001 Volkswagen
Bora V6 4MOTION '01 @
Eiger Nordwand Track

The prize winner from D7 already made his pick so no need to suggest anything. As a matter of fact, his selection was quoted in the post two above your suggestion.

Edit to address something brought up my RunN1st that has been bugging me for a while.

Ideally, all drivers should mute their mic during the race. Nobody wants to hear your dog, heavy breathing, wife complaining, kids screaming, wheel turning, your game turned up so loud we can't hear our own cars, and any other crap going on at your house. Mute your mic during the race and save the discussion for between races.

Secondly, I would like to make a motion that all drivers be required to un-map the horn button from whatever controller or wheel you are using. There is never a need to honk your horn during a race or while sitting at the start line waiting for the race to start. It's especially annoying when having to watch replays and hearing all the horns at the start line and any time you go through corner close to someone else. Disable the thing already.

Last edited:
It will be just fine until we try and race it at Monza. Racing at Monza very rarely ends well for all concerned. Traditionally, it has caused a ton of review work for the stewards.

The prize winner from D7 already made his pick so no need to suggest anything. As a matter of fact, his selection was quoted in the post two above your suggestion.

so sorry ill try to make sure it wont happen again.

beep beep

Back