◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,417 comments
Pichon617.png

;):lol::lol:

OK - I will look up my post from last week... or maybe the week before (sigh) on how and when we'll handle things if @goofytyler hasn't announced his selection by later in the day. I know the 'all clear' went out Monday night, and he was PM'd and is aware and has tested stuff last night. I will post in a bit what we'll use, with times, etc.

He's in Arizona, so I am pretty sure that's Mountain time.

So last night I practiced with the Ferrari at Monza. I am incredibly slow (fastest I could seem to manage was 2:15.1). Any tips? I feel like I am fine at the two three chicanes and Ascari but I can tell that I'm losing a LOT of speed at Lesmo and Parabolica.

640px-Monza_track_map.svg.png

While I wasn't fast with the Genesis Coupe at this track, I was decent.

Last edited:
So last night I practiced with the Ferrari at Monza. I am incredibly slow (fastest I could seem to manage was 2:15.1). Any tips? I feel like I am fine at the two chicanes and Ascari but I can tell that I'm losing a LOT of speed at Lesmo and Parabolica.

640px-Monza_track_map.svg.png

While I wasn't fast with the Genesis Coupe at this track, I was decent.
Biggest problem I've had with those 2 is being carefull not to push too hard. Once you lose traction on those corners you lose a lot of speed. My troubles are more with the chicanes. Using a ds3 I get snap over steer and the back end breaks free. Right now I use a steering sensitivity of 6, gonna try something lower.

I was practicing with you last night, the few times I was behind you it looked like you turned in a bit earlier than i was (I was running mid-1:12's most of the night), with this car i seemed to pick up a good bit of time on both of those corners by turning in later than initially thought, and getting on the gas quickly tends to help keep the car balanced and not so tail happy. On the other hand I have no idea what I am doing. So take this with a grain of salt.

swg
Biggest problem I've had with those 2 is being carefull not to push too hard. Once you lose traction on those corners you lose a lot of speed. My troubles are more with the chicanes. Using a ds3 I get snap over steer and the back end breaks free. Right now I use a steering sensitivity of 6, gonna try something lower.
I think I need to get the entry speed figured out. What gear do you drop down to for them?
I was practicing with you last night, the few times I was behind you it looked like you turned in a bit earlier than i was (I was running mid-1:12's most of the night), with this car i seemed to pick up a good bit of time on both of those corners by turning in later than initially thought, and getting on the gas quickly tends to help keep the car balanced and not so tail happy. On the other hand I have no idea what I am doing. So take this with a grain of salt.
Yeah you were much faster than me, no way I could even come close to keeping up. What gear do you take Lesmo and Parabolica?

I was in 3rd for both of those corners. Second you would have to shift mid-corner, which threw off the balance (for me)
What speed do you recommend to be in? I've tried 3rd and 2nd for both of those corners many times but can't seem to figure out a good speed.

OK - I will look up my post from last week... or maybe the week before (sigh) on how and when we'll handle things if @goofytyler hasn't announced his selection by later in the day. I know the 'all clear' went out Monday night, and he was PM'd and is aware and has tested stuff last night. I will post in a bit what we'll use, with times, etc.

He's in Arizona, so I am pretty sure that's Mountain time.

If I remember correctly the prize winner had until 10pm EST. But recommended como;s from anyone who has raced in the division on sunday started stating there recommendations @ 6pm. That way voting was from 10pm est to 12pm EST thursday. That way the combo was picked well in advance to practice. Arizona is currently the same as PST at the moment. Arizona is Standard time.

without having to go back 6 pages...do we know the combos this week?
if its not on the second post, first page, then chance are good that not all of the combos have been picked, and you only need to go back like 6 posts to see that... Sorry, 8 posts...

What speed do you recommend to be in? I've tried 3rd and 2nd for both of those corners many times but can't seem to figure out a good speed.

I don't know off the top of my head, but you don't need much braking in the lesmos. The first one especially is just a light drag on the brakes as you turn in nice and smooth - dont be afraid to early apex it a bit as well to help keep the entry smooth. The second one, a smooth entry works as well, but so does a stab at the brakes and a bit of early rotation, but you have to catch it quick or you'll over rotate and scrub speed.

So we are currently at - with very arbitrary round numbering:

Round 1

Ferrari Dino 246 GT '71 (Sport Hard / 201 hp / 420 PP)
at Monza with chicanes

Round 2:

TBD - GoofyTyler knows his track, will announce once he has chosen the car

Round 3:

Light Car Company Rocket '07 (Sport Soft / 174 hp / 563 PP)
at Brands Hatch Gran Prix (7 laps)

(PT - just 2WD, that's why I think I should go before it gets deep - will see if it works)

nice this is what i was looking for...

All the new Ferrari cars in GT6 are fantastic. Every single one drives like a dream. Can't wait to see more picked if the price limit is raised.

Ladies and Gentleman, people said that you couldn't have fun with a Fiat 500R, but they were wrong! With a little tuning and a lot more power (And help of N2O), this is what you can do!
Indianapolis Motor Speedway.jpg

Indianapolis Motor Speedway_1.jpg

It even bounces of the ground when you shift! Yes, this thing can pull a wheelie up to 5th gear! Of course, if you do decide to do it for that long, this happens:
Indianapolis Motor Speedway_2.jpg

It starts losing control and pulling to one side.....and this happens:
Indianapolis Motor Speedway_3.jpg
Indianapolis Motor Speedway_4.jpg

It's a lot of fun, and because it rolls over so easily (especially in the corners), It's hilarious. :lol:

For those that want to try it out here is the tune I used: http://www.team-shmo.com/GT6tunes/Fiat/Track/Fiat-500-R-72.php

And not to advertise, but this guy also has a lot of amazing race and drift tunes if you want to try those as well. :) Hope you enjoyed the photos.

And not to advertise, but this guy also has a lot of amazing race and drift tunes if you want to try those as well. :) Hope you enjoyed the photos.

What about my tunes? :odd: :lol:

What is everyone's thoughts on the Dino? I haven't taken it out yet but I want to know if I should expect oversteer and the like. :)

PDTX, in GT5, I had one set up for drifting. good times! that little car has some spunk to it once it gets a bit of a tune. No Spa worthy, but good fun at say, autumn ring mini.

So, No one has thrown out ideas for racing to night, so anyone interest in maybe some Kei car racing or some such nonsense?

What about my tunes? :odd: :lol:

What is everyone's thoughts on the Dino? I haven't taken it out yet but I want to know if I should expect oversteer and the like. :)

Your tunes are also amazing. 👍 haha

PDTX, in GT5, I had one set up for drifting. good times! that little car has some spunk to it once it gets a bit of a tune. No Spa worthy, but good fun at say, autumn ring mini.

So, No one has thrown out ideas for racing to night, so anyone interest in maybe some Kei car racing or some such nonsense?

Kei racing would be cool if we had the track creator, we could do some downhill touge, but PD is not playing nice. :/

Prize A Pick:
After stressing out this week over what combo will be good for this sunday, i have decided on staying with my origional combo which is The Caterham Fireblade at Monaco.

We have our COMBOS!

Round 1

Ferrari Dino 246 GT '71 (Sport Hard / 201 hp / 420 PP)
at Monza with chicanes (5 laps)

Round 2:

Caterham Fireblade (Sport Soft Tires / ____ hp / ____ PP)
at Cote D'Azur (guessing 5-6 laps)

Round 3:

Light Car Company Rocket '07 (Sport Soft / 174 hp / 563 PP)
at Brands Hatch Gran Prix (7 laps)

Prize A Pick:
After stressing out this week over what combo will be good for this sunday, i have decided on staying with my origional combo which is The Caterham Fireblade at Monaco.
Dont stress over it, there is on right or wrong answer really. Monaco is a sweet pick, i have to google that car though to see what it is

Back