â—† SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,413 comments
S.N.A.I.L. 2014 CALENDAR

Here's our tentative schedule for 2014. Once again, we're dividing the year into twelve 4-week seasons (one for each month). The months that have five Sundays will either include a week that won't have an official league night or have one of their Sundays "borrowed" by another month. Let me know what you guys think:

January 2014 Season
League Night #1 - January 5th
League Night #2 - January 12th
League Night #3 - January 19th
League Night #4 - January 26th

February 2014 Season
February 2nd - league night will be cancelled due to Super Bowl XLVIII
League Night #1 - February 9th
League Night #2 - February 16th
League Night #3 - February 23th
League Night #4 - March 2nd

March 2014 Season
League Night #1 - March 9th
League Night #2 - March 16th
League Night #3 - March 23th
League Night #4 - March 30th

April 2014 Season
League Night #1 - April 6th
League Night #2 - April 13th
League Night #3 - April 20st
League Night #4 - April 27th

May 2014 Season
League Night #1 - May 4th
League Night #2 - May 11th
League Night #3 - May 18th
May 25th - league night will be cancelled due to Memorial Day weekend
League Night #4 - June 1st

June 2014 Season
League Night #1 - June 8th
League Night #2 - June 15th
League Night #3 - June 22rd
League Night #4 - June 29th

July 2014 Season
League Night #1 - July 6th
League Night #2 - July 13th
League Night #3 - July 20st
League Night #4 - July 27th

August 2014 Season
League Night #1 - August 3th
League Night #2 - August 10th
League Night #3 - August 17th
League Night #4 - August 24th
August 31st - league night will be cancelled due to Labor Day weekend

September 2014 Season
League Night #1 - September 7th
League Night #2 - September 14th
League Night #3 - September 21st
League Night #4 - September 28th

October 2014 Season
League Night #1 - October 5th
League Night #2 - October 12th
League Night #3 - October 19th
League Night #4 - October 26th

November 2014 Season
League Night #1 - November 2nd
League Night #2 - November 9th
League Night #3 - November 16th
League Night #4 - November 23rd

December 2014 Season
League Night #1 - November 30th
League Night #2 - December 7th
League Night #3 - December 14th
League Night #4 - December 21st
December 28th - league night will be cancelled due to Christmas / New Years

As always, only the top three scores for each driver will count in any given season. Therefore, drivers can miss 25% of league nights and still be in the mix for their divisional championship if they perform well on the nights that they race. Of course, that's for those who care about that kind of thing. Rest assured, promotion and relegation is not determined solely by how many points you have at the end of a season.

(click here for our 2012-2013 calendar)

Last edited:
How about some exhibition races on Saturday instead?

Nothing real serious of course, but I would like to try out hosting in case I ever have to.

I have been kicking some ideas around since I joined SNAIL. None of them seem to make sense as a regular event, but maybe....

Let me type up a couple of options when I wake up tomorrow.

I also have a few ideas for S.N.A.I.L. events, I did once have a unrestricted Suzuki GSX-R/4 series that was for GT4, but it had almost no competitors and it was closed down after just 2 events.

I'd like to resurrect it on GT6, but with a lot of changes, like the Suzuki be replaced with the KTM X-Bow, and be a spec race series.

BTW, if anybody are in a lobby with me, you can call me by my real name. It's Nicholas, but you can call me Nick.

Last edited:
I am interested in signing up for the league @BayouSimDrifter referred me here
@Escobedo,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by midnight EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday đź‘Ť

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

I would like to join
PSN=little_evo
and I'm in pacific time zone
Thanks for your interest. Would you like to race at the regular time (6:30pm Pacific) or or the "West Coast" time slot? (9pm Pacific) We have lots of guys in the Pacific time zone who race at the regular time slot, so please clarify which time slot you'd like to race in. :)

I'm watching, but I will try to have a practice lobby open sometime afterwards.

Ran the second Daytona 2.4 today. Started 7th in my class with a field of 30 other RUF's and 12 Riley's.

Ended up pulling down a 2nd into class and 5th overall.

Probably hands down thee best race I've ever had. Super clean. Respectful passes by the Riley's as well the lapped traffic was respectful when you passed.

Got to see a guy blow his motor. That was freaking awesome. Bad luck but that's what happens when you over rev the engine down shifting.

I would like to join
PSN=little_evo
and I'm in pacific time zone
@racing4life,
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by midnight EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

1VFAIur.png

Race Date - Sun Jan 19 2014
Penalty Rate 64%
Banner by dabneyd
The following drivers may consider themselves winners in the current Polyphony Digital Gran Turismo 6 Replay Lottery

The stewards beat on these replays until they went where the aforementioned rabbit wouldn't go. While not everyone was successful with every replay, enough tried and were successful that we managed to get them all viewed.​

Below are the results of the 14 incidents filed this week.

Division 2 - 2 incidents on file
Kgffy28
  • Round 2 - Race 2 - Level 3 - 10 points halved to 5 for on-track concession. 3 weeks Probation
turnupdaheat
  • Round 2 - Race 2 - Level 2 - 6 points. 2 weeks probation

Division 5 - 6 incidents on file
daemunx1
  • Round 1 - Race 1 - Level 5 - 17 points. 5 weeks probation.
OxideKart17
  • Round 1 - Race 1 - Level 2 - 6 points.
  • Round 1 - Race 1 - Level 1 - 3 points.
  • 9 points total and 3 weeks probation

Division 6 - 5 incidents on file
daddy-o845
  • Round 1 - Race 1 - Level 2 - 6 points halved to 3 for on-track concession.
  • Round 1 - Race 1 - Level 3 - 9 points.
  • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 3- 9 points.
  • 21 points total and 6 weeks probation

Division 7 - 1 incident on file
blueninjacivic
  • Round 1 - Race 1 - Level 1 - 2 points. 1 week probation

These results can be viewed on the SNAIL Steward Review Sheet.
Thanks to Handlebar-Man, JLBowler and tezgm99 for going where the rabbits wouldn't go this week.

Don't forget to claim your $hells for completing reviews.
:cheers:

* * * * * * * * * * * * *​
These changes affect the final standings.
Full final results can be found here.
***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***​
Thanks to all the stewards who reviewed incidents this week. The penalties have been entered into the results doc and the results post has been updated.

Hey guys I was in a room 2 days ago with handlebar and hooker and they said to reply here for new members... thanks

Glad you found your way here!

@Skills will be along shortly with the official intro. Sunday night (tonight) is past the 'new driver placement' deadline - I wish you had posted a day or two ago.

Check out pages 1&2 for the particulars.

1VFAIur.png

Race Date - Sun Jan 19 2014
Penalty Rate 64%
Banner by dabneyd
The following drivers may consider themselves winners in the current Polyphony Digital Gran Turismo 6 Replay Lottery

The stewards beat on these replays until they went where the aforementioned rabbit wouldn't go. While not everyone was successful with every replay, enough tried and were successful that we managed to get them all viewed.​

These results can be viewed on the SNAIL Steward Review Sheet.

Thanks to Handlebar-Man, JLBowler and tezgm99 for going where the rabbits wouldn't go this week.

Don't forget to claim your $hells for completing reviews.
:cheers:

* * * * * * * * * * * * *​
These changes affect the final standings.
Full final results can be found here.
***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***​

Thank you Stewards for getting the Incident Reviews done. Hopefully PD has two nice surprises for us next week, Replays that will, uhm, replay and triple screens that will, uhm, display :D

The Allen Berg Racing Schools Challenge points are now up to date for the races run January 12th.

If you see anything out of order with your Allen Berg Racing Schools Challenge Points, let me know as soon as you can.

Sim racing product discounts for S.N.A.I.L. members:

GranStand is offering a 10% discount to all S.N.A.I.L.s and a 15% Discount to members of Team S.N.A.I.L.

Take advantage of being a S.N.A.I.L. ;)

Hey guys I was in a room 2 days ago with handlebar and hooker and they said to reply here for new members... thanks
@Tyis,

Back