◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,412 comments
Here are some photos for the combos next week enjoy.

Autodromo Nazionale Monza.jpg
Autodromo Nazionale Monza_1.jpg
Autodromo Nazionale Monza_2.jpg
Côte d'Azur.jpg
Côte d'Azur_1.jpg
Côte d'Azur_2.jpg
Silverstone International Circuit.jpg
Silverstone International Circuit_1.jpg
Silverstone International Circuit_2.jpg

Before we start the February season one week from tonight, I'd like to officially announce the January champions. While a complete summary of the points standings can be found here, I wanted to highlight the division champions:

Division 1
@fizzer / fizzer82

Division 2
@Xradkins / Xrad-11

Division 3
@varga / vincentq4

Division 4
@ptslopoke / PTslopoke

Division 5
@chuyler1 / chuyler1

Division 6
@Handlebar / HandlebarMustash

Division 7
@Pifachu / Pifachu

Division 8
@Sharkb8ii / Sharkb8ii

West Coast
@GranStand_Bill / GranStand_Bill

Congratulations to all nine of you! :cheers:

Last edited:
Are any West Coasters going to be online tonight? I am going to hop on around the normal time. I plan on spending an hour doing some practice. I would love some company.

After that if people are around and would like to try something a bit different I would love to try to introduce people to the DriveTrain Challenge format. Basically bring 4 cars (one FF, FR, 4wd, MR/RR) that the total PP for all 4 cars is 1600 (see example lineup below and all cars should be between 380-420pp). We will run 4 races on Sports Hard tires starting with qualifying at Apricot Hill. The next race will be reverse grid and the track will be decided by the winner of the first race. This continues until we have raced all four cars.

Hope to see some of you guys there tonight.

Hyundai Tiburon GT '01 - 390 - FF

Toyota MR2 Spyder (6MT) '02 - 385 - MR

Audi S3 '02 - 412 - 4W

Subaru BR-Z S ’12 - 413 - FR

Last edited:
Before we start the February season one week from tonight, I'd like to officially announce the January champions. While a complete summary of the points standings can be found here, I wanted to highlight the division champions:

Division 1
@fizzer / fizzer82

Division 2
@Xradkins / Xrad-11

Division 3
@varga / vincentq4

Division 4
@ptslopoke / PTslopoke

Division 5
@chuyler1 / chuyler1

Division 6

Division 7
@Pifachu / Pifachu

Division 8
@Sharkb8ii / Sharkb8ii

Congratulations to all eight of you! :cheers:
Congrats guys.

Division 1
@fizzer / fizzer82

Division 2
@Xradkins / Xrad-11

Division 3
@varga / vincentq4

Division 4
@ptslopoke / PTslopoke

Division 5
@chuyler1 / chuyler1

Division 6

Division 7
@Pifachu / Pifachu

Division 8
@Sharkb8ii / Sharkb8ii

Congratulations to all eight of you! :cheers:
Congrats Guys Especially Handlebar. It has been a long time coming but is well deserved!

Bummed to see no West Coast Results so (Post Updated) a big shout out to GranStand Bill! He, Tez and I had some great battles and a close championship battle.

Last edited:
Congrats Guys Especially Handlebar. It has been a long time coming but is well deserved!

Bummed to see no West Coast Results so a big shout out to GranStand Bill! He, Tez and I had some great battles and a close championship battle.

There are west coast results in zer0's

can someone plz post the vid on how to set upSNAIL rooms as if i were going to be a host, i might practice hosting tonight and learning that.

Clutch & Cruise

This event seemed to be fun, even with the mechanical difficulties of getting the clutch to work, and the few randoms who apparently weren't down with what I have to consider was, the highlight for most everyone that dropped in.

We started goofing off at Apricot Hill with various cars while everyone got used to using their clutch pedals, some more so than others, and then everyone broke out the BRZs/FRSs/86s for a quick race before we hopped a quick flight to somewhere, apparently imminently forgettable. Everything was going along hunky dory until someone mentioned a Hudson, then someone else said "dirt", and someone else piped up, "Toscana, Reverse." The hue and cry went out to the crews to pack everything up, put it on the plane, boat or train, and we all headed over to Italy with our replica Andretti Hudson's for some fun in the dirt.

Here are some shots of the action.

Toscana.jpg

Toscana_1.jpg

Toscana_2.jpg

Toscana_4.jpg

Toscana_9.jpg

What the view looked like from the ground.

Toscana_8.jpg

What it looked like if you were sitting in the back seat.

Thanks to all who dropped in! It was great fun! :cheers:

Here you go...

Sweet, THanks,

I noticed i can create files that are preset race setups. Can I create One file for the settings for rnd 1, and can i create another file for the settings of the reverse grid?
or
Must i manually switch the 4 things after race 1, to setup for rnd 2 because loading a new file will mess everything up?

For those not interested in the "Stupid" bowl, as my wife likes to call it, I have a practice room up for next weeks combos.

Room closed.

Last edited:

Bummed to see no West Coast Results so a big shout out to GranStand Bill! He, Tez and I had some great battles and a close championship battle.

Thanks, @jobyone - totally unexpected. Some luck on my part (or lack of luck, connection wise, for some others) was one of several likely factors.

No matter how it happened, I really enjoy racing whether I am lucky enough to podium, or in a tight battle for somewhere deep in the field.

I want to give a shout out to @Dragonwhisky for the blast we had earlier at the Clutch / Cruise - especially the Hudson at Toscana Reverse! That was me in the red #7! :sly: :cheers: I guess that Secret Agent Voice Masking thingy worked! That or the pretend background squelch sounds I made... And Fastfox's support as well. ;-)

Last edited:
Thanks, @jobyone - totally unexpected. Some luck on my part (or lack of luck, connection wise, for some others) was one of several likely factors.

No matter how it happened, I really enjoy racing whether I am lucky enough to podium, or in a tight battle for somewhere deep in the field.

I want to give a shout out to @Dragonwhisky for the blast we had earlier at the Clutch / Cruise - especially the Hudson at Toscana Reverse! That was me in the red #7! :sly: :cheers: I guess that Secret Agent Voice Masking thingy worked! That or the pretend background squelch sounds I made... And Fastfox's support as well. ;-)
Congrats handlebar! Ill be gunnin for you next season.

I would like to sign up for the snail racing leagues.
PSN: covan2306

Thanks
@covan2306,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by midnight EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

@covan2306,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by midnight EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Done 1&2. Thanks.

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to turn off your friends driving lines when your racing the seasonal events they are extremely distracting it's worse than have cars on the road I think

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to turn off your friends driving lines when your racing the seasonal events they are extremely distracting it's worse than have cars on the road I think

Whatever button is assigned to turn off your ghost will also remove your friends lines. I don't remember what the default setting is as I have changed mine. You can check in the controller settings in the options menu of the game.

Whatever button is assigned to turn off your ghost will also remove your friends lines. I don't remember what the default setting is as I have changed mine. You can check in the controller settings in the options menu of the game.
Thanks

Back