◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,413 comments
This seems to be a recurring theme in the divisions below two. Have we considered an alternate placement method? Seems the last months prize winners were just people who didn't belong in te division they are in. It can be discouraging knowing after two races that you don't really have a shot at a prize without someone making a ton of mistakes.
While an alternate placement method isn't in the cards, we've discussed in the past only allowing established members of the league to be eligible for Prize A and Prize B. I can't recall when it was last discussed, but the premise was to ensure that we had a chance to evaluate new drivers and make sure they were in the correct division before allowing them to pick a prize. This would essentially eliminate the possibility of a new driver sandbagging his time trial (or just having much faster race pace than his time trial would indicate) and being rewarded with a prize for doing so. Does anybody know when that was last discussed? A link would be awesome. :D

BTW, where are the driver's standings posted? I searched but didn't find it.
@Voodoovaj

Results are usually posted within about 24 hours of racing finish, once all results and votes are input and @zer05ive isn't busy with, oh, a job, or something. :lol:
All results and votes are in and my job, or something, is now done for the day. :lol:

Last edited:

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on February 9, 2014

If you believe that another driver exhibited poor racecraft or is guilty of an S.N.A.I.L. OLR violation, please file a Racing Incident Report by 11pm Eastern / 8pm Pacific tonight. Be sure to follow the instructions precisely or your submission might not be addressed! If you're undecided on whether or not you should file an incident, please read this. Also keep in mind that an incident report isn't supposed to be an argument. Here are some good tips on how to make sure things stay civil and respectful. 👍

Click here for this season's points standings and scroll down for comprehensive race data

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to retrieve it

Division 1
  1. fizzer82 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 86 (74.94 for prize purposes only)
  2. martin20az -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. Adventuruss ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. dgafaboutany1420 -- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. WhalesNPals ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. QwietStorm03 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. PA98MA99 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2

Division 2
  1. DrKronin ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 80 (76.76 for prize purposes only)
  2. serge_1919 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. turnupdaheat ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. nmcp1 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. Kgffy28 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. SilentDrifterGT --- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. jlbowler ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. Drrgreenthumb67 --- voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. intoflatlines ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  11. Ice_Warden -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  12. vincentq4 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  13. racefan78 --------- did not submit a vote
  14. dabneyd ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1

Division 3
  1. PTslopoke --------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 83 (73.33 for prize purposes only)
  2. JWalker_SSR7 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. Troggeh ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. Klutch-D ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. x3n0-asx ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. tcrash15 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. MerlinRPM --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. kcheeb ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. Wolfsatz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. BUDBOI1234567 ----- did not submit a vote

Division 4
  1. chuyler1 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 96 (92.62 for Prize B)
  2. Schmiggz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. chatva ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. II-NOVA-II -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. AG07WRXTR --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. canuckleheadII ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. lfarris3 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. SCREAMING_CHIEF --- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. whatbadgerseat ---- did not submit a vote
  10. EvoSpec10 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1

Division 5
  1. OxideKart17 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 88 (84.94 for prize purposes only)
  2. AMomcilo ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. HusamOne ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. rankings18b ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. Voodoovaj --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. shmibal43 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. newjknapp --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. ChuthuluGoat ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. AJHG1000 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. Skills_19657 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  11. GTP_pyxen --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  12. JJLopez_427 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1

Division 6
  1. Vinnybear-O1 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2 - 92 (90.12 for Prize C)
  2. hooker4 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. HandlebarMustash -- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. Ogg_42 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. Pifachu ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. USERID_77a23 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. JakeDog23 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. raymann500 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  11. Monarchydesign ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
  12. race_emhard ------- voted to eliminate Round 1

Division 7
  1. dpinho1975 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 98 (96.29 for Prize A)
  2. Mirado_7 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. goofytyler1995 ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. ChaddingtonB ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. racingchamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. covan2306 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. ShrumpRacer86 ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. blueninjacivic ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. Piler ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1

Division 8
  1. wvhellbilly369 ---- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 89 (84.53 for prize purposes only)
  2. CoachMK21 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. Orobouros --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. speer9892007 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. KylarOne ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. Sharkb8ii --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. jaybocc2 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. FBR_Steve --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. THE_GUMSLINGER ---- did not submit a vote
  10. PICHON617 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  11. Wackedboy --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  12. boosted22g -------- voted to eliminate Round 1

West Coast
  1. GranStand_Bill ---- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 84 (58.67 for prize purposes only)
  2. Neovre ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. jobyone71 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. tezgm99 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. LuckyfellaJr ------ did not submit a vote

The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - Ferrari Dino 246 GT '71 (Sports Hard tires) at Autodromo Nazionale Monza (5 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @Daniel Pinho wins Prize A, they get to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - Lotus Elise Race Car '96 (Racing Hard tires) at Côte d’Azur (6 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @chuyler1 gets Prize B, he gets to decide which part of the combo is replaced and what replaces it.

Prize C goes to @mopar440 so he gets the tie-breaking vote if the elimination votes results in a tie (the prize winners' elimination votes are not counted under normal circumstances).

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your car and/or track selection until all racing complaints are filed and you are given the "all clear" to announce your selection. It's also important that you review our Car/Track History so that you can see a complete history of how many times we've raced each car and track (just scroll to the right of that tab). Please remember that originality is always appreciated. Therefore, picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required).

Car Selection Guidelines
Dealership Cars - The maximum price for a selected car is now $250,000
DLC Cars - Only DLC cars that are FREE and currently still available in the PlayStation Store can be selected.
The Red Bull X2014 Junior cannot be selected until this issue is resolved.

Track Selection Guidelines
Any non-DLC track can be selected as long as a single lap with the car combo'd with it would not take more than five minutes to complete. For example, don't select anything that includes the Nurburgring's Nordschleife.

IMPORTANT NOTE: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to select the Amuse Superlegara for your car, post "Amuse Nismo 380 RS Superlagara". If you want to select Monza for a track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". This makes it much easier for the lineup to be updated accurately and also prevents confusing other league members as to which car or track you are selecting.

Last edited:
Bowler, as an example, at the first RX7 race after some point at the beginning of it, Chuyler is first and I'm second and although when I reached that position Chuyler was already far ahead, for the next 7 or 8 laps I noticed that for one side I was running away from the rest of the field putting down a very secure fine driving and for the other side, Chuyler was gaping me about 1 second per lap.
Since I was very confident with that combo I started pushing everything that little Mazda could give but instead of shortening the gap, the freaking second kept coming lap over lap over lap.
I don't want you to feel that I'm pushing anything here or making Chuyler feel that somehow he's not very welcome on D4 as he's in fact is. I'm just saying that I've been racing in this league for an year and a half and I know when someone should be on a higher branch. I see Chuyler beating a couple of D3 guys steadily.

Bowler, as an example, at the first RX7 race after some point at the beginning of it, Chuyler is first and I'm second and although when I reached that position Chuyler was already far ahead, for the next 7 or 8 laps I noticed that for one side I was running away from the rest of the field putting down a very secure fine driving and for the other side, Chuyler was gaping me about 1 second per lap.
Since I was very confident with that combo I started pushing everything that little Mazda could give but instead of shortening the gap, the freaking second kept coming lap over lap over lap.
I don't want you to feel that I'm pushing anything here or making Chuyler feel that somehow he's not very welcome on D4 as he's in fact is. I'm just saying that I've been racing in this league for an year and a half and I know when someone should be on a higher branch. I see Chuyler beating a couple of D3 guys steadily.

There really isn't anything good that will come from discussing it publically, I just need some replays to watch so I can see how the races went down and was wondering who will be doing the replay uploads for D4 this week.

There really isn't anything good that will come from discussing it publically, I just need some replays to watch so I can see how the races went down and was wondering who will be doing the replay uploads for D4 this week.
I don't see why not! Everybody's posting within the most elementar rules of good education and respect and it's in fact a subject that's interesting to talk about in order to keep improving this almost perfect league.

Isn't Canucklehead the D4 replay uploader?

I don't see why not! Everybody's posting within the most elementar rules of good education and respect and it's in fact a subject that's interesting to talk about in order to keep improving this almost perfect league.

Isn't Canucklehead the D4 replay uploader?

While the discussion may start out refined and civilized, you and I have both been around long enough to know that as soon as someone takes something personally, all bets are off and it usually doesn't end as well as it started.

Rest assured that all the data and replays are being looked and other variables taken into consideration and whatever moves that need to be made will be made.

Hello mr.bowler I was wonderng hw long does a driver have to wait before they can move up a division?
This is on the first post.
Everyone should read it right now if they haven't already.

Promotion and Relegation

Although we split our drivers into separate divisions based on performance and skill level, we realize that our drivers are constantly improving and deserve a chance to climb the ladder of success. That's why we promote and relegate drivers before every season based on the results and data compiled during the previous season. This is also done to ensure that our races are as competitive as possible for all of our league members, top to bottom. Regardless of which division you're in, you will almost always be fighting to gain or defend a position on the track. Simply put, no other Gran Turismo league in the world can offer this much competitive racing to so many different skill levels.

Well main reason I was asling is becauze I am currently in division 3 but I have been told by many that I should be in dovision 1 so I was just wondering I'm in no rush but I would like to be in division 1 by march if possible

In case anyone was wondering the x2014 jr online issues have been resolved. Hint, hint. :sly:

Just in case anyone is wondering, the best racing and longest lasting combinations in the history of S.N.A.I.L. have, for the most part, been made up of a car that can be driven at or near it's limit by the majority of the membership of S.N.A.I.L. The truly long lasting combos have taken a car like that and combined it with a track that has multiple places to execute clean passes and doesn't contain gimmicky sections such as jumps or sections of track that narrow up for no reason.

You can talk about the challenge of learning something new all you want. If you want to have a combo that produces close racing, you should probably be thinking of something along these lines.

Don't move him!, I want another shot at him! :cheers::lol:

Unfortunately, the likelihood of a Sunday morning time slot is slim to none as you are the first to ever request it in our two years plus existence. By comparison, we've had countless requests for a European time slot (Sunday night for Europe and Sunday afternoon for US/Canada) and even a request for an East Coast (aka early evening) time slot. Therefore, I would say if there were any new time slots down the road, it would probably be one of those two. However, even those two time slots appear to be somewhat unlikely at this time.

Could we have a show of hands. There has been many new peoplejoin. Maybe new faces my like the idea. I have seen a few time just in my division people cacan't make it goes late into the evening on a sunday maybe some might like the idea of a 1230 start time. Could you help with this on a request to all drivers that might be interested?

You'll need to win D3 this month and D2 next month to be guaranteed that. Get to work.

Even then, it's not a guarantee. The last two winners of D2 have not been moved up simply because they haven't won by a large margin and their pace in races is closer to the majority of D2 than it is to the majority of D1. Remember, last months overall winner in D2 didn't win a single race all month.

D7 Pictures

Monza

First Race

@Mirado_7 knows how to work under pressure. Congrats!

@Mirado_7 under double fire

Race 2 Lap 1 before Parabolica.

Maybe thats why some guys are saying Dino's act like Boats.

When 2 cars comes out from Parabolica like this the result comes on next picture...

...those who brake later take the prize.

Yes, 2 cars can be at same turn and at same time, results are usually unpredictable.

Côte d'Azur

Starting grid Race 1

Who needs space?

Not much "space" for mistakes.

Group 2 at first lap

Reverse Grid. I had some work here since I was last position.

Working on it

2 group split again

Silverstone International

Race 1 Starting grid

Drift? @BayouSimDrifter

@Piler attacking our new driver @covan2306

This is @Piler welcoming new driver @covan2306

Looks like it wont be so easy

@
BayouSimDrifter and @racingchamp30

Great job with the pics.

While an alternate placement method isn't in the cards, we've discussed in the past only allowing established members of the league to be eligible for Prize A and Prize B. I can't recall when it was last discussed, but the premise was to ensure that we had a chance to evaluate new drivers and make sure they were in the correct division before allowing them to pick a prize. This would essentially eliminate the possibility of a new driver sandbagging his time trial (or just having much faster race pace than his time trial would indicate) and being rewarded with a prize for doing so. Does anybody know when that was last discussed? A link would be awesome. :D
Ahheeeeem!!!!! Ladies and germs. I'd like to redirect you back to this post. In light of the most recent debate, this is relevant I'd say....

Well main reason I was asling is becauze I am currently in division 3 but I have been told by many that I should be in dovision 1 so I was just wondering I'm in no rush but I would like to be in division 1 by march if possible
4th place for the night isn't exactly what I'd call dominating a division for the night.

Work on your humility and be careful what you wish for...

It's really difficult to explain...lots of ambitious guys come in and all they talk about is D1...like it is a place where eagles fly and the Dalai Lama serves tea to everyone. They truly believe that getting there is like nirvana and all your troubles wash away.

As a guy who has been to the promised land and come back to earth to tell the tale...it is not what you think it is. Telling new guys this is like telling a child that jumping off the house with a sheet on his back is not a good idea.

Setting a few fast laps and winning a few races might make you feel good about yourself. And to the ambitious, it tells you that you must be ready for D1 right?

Let me try and put into perspective. You might be a fast guy with a lot of time on your hands...good for you. You can set a couple of race laps right there with the D1 guys...wow big boy, you are ready. You might even be able to hang with a few D1 guys on practice nights until you made that tiny mistake.

Here's the deal...those guys have a lot of time on their hands to practice. Add to that...they are just plain faster than most people. And on top of that, and this is the biggie, THEY CAN SET THESE LAP TIMES ON 9 OUT OF 10 LAPS! In D1, every lap in the race is run at qualifying speed. They rarely make mistakes. In my D1 experience, the key is mistake free racing the entire race. Sure I could hang with them, even stay ahead...for a short while. Every little apex miss, tire squeal, gas pedal mismanagement, steering wheel movement loses you speed and time. You have to set a qualifying speed lap EVERY lap to even compete.

Honestly, it's no badge of honor to be in a division where you are happy to finish ahead of at least one person.

And...it's just a different kind of racing in D1...which I won't go into here.

Again...be careful what you wish for. We recently had a very ambitious member work his way into D1...I think he's trying to find the exit as we speak :)

But good luck. Practice makes perfect....

Now can someone provide me with a link where I can see all outstanding incident claims? I cant find it anywhere.

I think this is what you're looking for...

4th place for the night isn't exactly what I'd call dominating a division for the night.

Work on your humility and be careful what you wish for...

It's really difficult to explain...lots of ambitious guys come in and all they talk about is D1...like it is a place where eagles fly and the Dalai Lama serves tea to everyone. They truly believe that getting there is like nirvana and all your troubles wash away.

As a guy who has been to the promised land and come back to earth to tell the tale...it is not what you think it is. Telling new guys this is like telling a child that jumping off the house with a sheet on his back is not a good idea.

Setting a few fast laps and winning a few races might make you feel good about yourself. And to the ambitious, it tells you that you must be ready for D1 right?

Let me try and put into perspective. You might be a fast guy with a lot of time on your hands...good for you. You can set a couple of race laps right there with the D1 guys...wow big boy, you are ready. You might even be able to hang with a few D1 guys on practice nights until you made that tiny mistake.

Here's the deal...those guys have a lot of time on their hands to practice. Add to that...they are just plain faster than most people. And on top of that, and this is the biggie, THEY CAN SET THESE LAP TIMES ON 9 OUT OF 10 LAPS! In D1, every lap in the race is run at qualifying speed. They rarely make mistakes. In my D1 experience, the key is mistake free racing the entire race. Sure I could hang with them, even stay ahead...for a short while. Every little apex miss, tire squeal, gas pedal mismanagement, steering wheel movement loses you speed and time. You have to set a qualifying speed lap EVERY lap to even compete.

Honestly, it's no badge of honor to be in a division where you are happy to finish ahead of at least one person.

And...it's just a different kind of racing in D1...which I won't go into here.

Again...be careful what you wish for. We recently had a very ambitious member work his way into D1...I think he's trying to find the exit as we speak :)

But good luck. Practice makes perfect....

I too have been to the promised land and while I was honored to be there I was sure glad to be back where normal people race and make mistakes while doing so.

Well said @JoeW, very very well said...👍

Back