◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,413 comments
1VFAIur.png

Race Date - Sun Feb 09 2014
Penalty Rate 80%
Banner by dabneyd

We had 100% Steward Reviews (5 Steward reviews for each incident) - I love working replays! 15 replays... all complete. Extra Credit to :bowdown::bowdown: @Dragonwhisky for calling me twice from his vacation in Florida to figure out the Steward Report formatting. :banghead:

These results can be viewed on the SNAIL Steward Review Sheet.

Thanks to @Chiochan @DrKronin @JLBowler @MerlinRPM and @tezgm99 for their stellar reviews this week. :gtpflag:
We will return to your regularly scheduled Chief Steward tomorrow.
Don't forget to claim your $hells for completing reviews.

:cheers:
* * * * * * * * * * * * *​
These changes affect the final standings - @zer05ive will amend those and @JLBowler monitors probation time remaining/weeks raced.

Full final results can be found here.

*** If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***

Thank you Stewards for getting the Incident Reviews done.

The Allen Berg Racing Schools Challenge points are now up to date for the races run February 2nd.

Sim racing product discounts for S.N.A.I.L. members:

GranStand is offering a 10% discount to all S.N.A.I.L.s and a 15% Discount to members of Team S.N.A.I.L.

Take advantage of being a S.N.A.I.L. ;)

Hey there! I'm interested in joining your guys' group, looks like fun!
PSN:BC_BOYZZ
Time Zone: Pacific

I don't think I'm forgetting anything, cheers!
@RobbiefromBC,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by midnight EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

POLICY UPDATE

I just wanted to revisit the conversation we've had a few times in the past and a few days ago.. Starting tonight, drivers who've yet to be evaluated for promotion and relegation will not be eligible to to win Prize A, Prize B, or Prize C until they have been.

If an ineligible member wins Prize A, Prize B, or Prize C, the prize will instead go to the next highest scoring division winner who is eligible to win a prize. In other words, the prize will not go to second place finisher of the same division as the ineligible driver (EDIT: unless his point total is still higher than the next highest scoring division winner).

This policy is subject to be tweaked and adjusted as necessary, but I wanted to post the basic premise of this new policy before tonight's races began. Please let me know if you have any questions at all.

Last edited:
I am going to see if I can do a quick vehicle progression for my life...some of it pretty hazy ;)

All of these vehicles are the correct year/make/model/color but are not actual photos of my vehicles as I don't have digital images of all my vehicles so I just searched the web for these.

zm_di_1978_pontiac_sunbird_sport_coupe.jpg

Late 70's Sunbird. Got me around late high school for almost a year until the timing belts broke.

zm_di_1982-yamaha-maxim-550-1425_8197618.jpg

1980 ish Maxim 550. Decided to harken to my youth of dirt motorcycle riding since I was 4 and got my first street bike. Big learning curve from dirt bikes. Rode this in my first year of college until I sold it for this:
zm_di_1985-kawasaki-ninja-600r-side-autopro-777f8.jpg

1985 Ninja 600. Had nightmares about riding this leading up to the day I bought. Thought it would be so fast my arms would rip off. This proved to be false. I would end up crashing this one a few times. When it was finally rideable again it ended up getting ripped off at gunpoint. Good times.

zm_di_gpz900r.jpg

1985 Ninja 900. Yes, I was Top Gun for a little while. Rode the piss out of this til it threw a rod.

zm_di_13.jpg

1986 GSXR 750. Rode this til I crashed it one too many times.

zm_di_kawasaki20gpz600r208520204.jpg

1985 Ninja 600. Went back to one of these til I sold it to buy a car finally. 4-5 years of no car was hurting my daily living ;) Too many tickets, even minor jail time.

zm_di_img_1428.jpg

1987 RX7 Turbo II. Loved this car. Got a ticket driving through SC because I was racing an unmarked Trooper in a Mustang 5.0. Ooops.

zm_di_aaf48e9ff555222c01e698a954f8e113.jpg

Decided to go back to bikes with no money. SP250...general crappy bike but it got me to work.

zm_di_retro-3.jpg

1988 NT650 Hawk. Nice bike but terrible for interstate roads.

zm_di_honda_vfr750f_1986.jpg

My favorite bike of all time. 1986 VFR750F in mint condition. Then this came out and I had to have it:

zm_di_1993cbr900rr_1.jpg

1993 CBR900RR. Liked it but regretted selling my VFR. After this it was time for car travel again.

zm_di_honda-prelude_si_1990__03.jpg

1990 Prelude Si. Liked it a lot. Can't remember why I sold it.

Oh yeah. To get my first brand new car ever...
zm_di_a6f981d9-7aa6-7dd5.jpg

1993 Mustang 5.0 Convertible. Last of the old body. Gawd this car was great...until I couldn't afford it and I voluntarily repo'd it and gave it back to the bank.

zm_di_002.jpg

And got this before my credit was ruined. Loved it though. Great little car. 1989 CRX Si.

zm_di_c784f534ec59265227c24aca0875af7e.jpg

Upgraded to this 1995 Civic EX when my CRX got broken into and the interior was all effed up.

zm_di_28629720-640.jpg

Got married and sold the wife's car to get a boat and something pull it...a '98 Explorer Sport. Nice car. Perfect for a young couple.

zm_di_side-full-ps.jpg

Sold the Civic to get my pride and joy. 1980 911SC Euro. Another one of those "Shoulda never sold it" cars.

zm_di_2003jeepliberty.jpg

Lease on the Explorer was up and we got this Jeep Liberty. Wasn't really a fan after having it a year.

zm_di_porsche_944__1-001.jpg

After being in a new house for a year or so, it was time to settle down a bit. Sold the 911 for a 944S2 with modern climate controls and a less race car like feel. Car was great but it was never as fun as the 911...nothing was.

zm_di_92-vfr750.jpg

Briefly got back into bikes after my son was born but sold it by the time he was 2. 1992 VFR750F. I love my V4 bikes.

zm_di_photos_toyota_4runner_1996_1_1024x768.jpg

And then came the pregnancy. Time to sell the 944S2 for a '96 4Runner. Love this car. Still have it today. Probably will never sell it. It's worthless monetarily due to the 160k on the clock but the damn thing runs perfectly.

zm_di_maxresdefault.jpg

Last but not least. Bought a trailer for our business and needed a tow vehicle. Sold the crappy Liberty for this '02 Expedition 4x4. Love this car also. This and the 4Runner are our current daily drivers.

When we get to a point (in a few years) where I can ditch one SUV I will almost certainly try to find a sporty car. If I can't find an older 911 that I like then I might try to get something else sporty.

This was my adult vehicle history. May not all be in exact order...some parts of my youth were a blur ;)

Biggest regrets, selling the '86 VFR750F and the 911SC.

Last edited:
Can I be a part of this racing league please!
You are more than welcome to join. "However" there is a process to complete in order to be assigned to the Division of similar skill. Soooo go to page one of this thread where you can read more about our league, etc. someone will be along shortly to help with the process. Again, you are certainly Welcome.

@dcallnight Just that first post you made was fine, someone will be along shortly to welcome you and give you instructions on how to become a S.N.A.I.L..

I would like to be a part of this S.N.A.I.L racing league
@dcallnight,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by midnight EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

A practice lobby is open, but it was unannounced, I think it should be policy to say when a room is open and to post the room ID.

1472-6681-3759-3053-9377

EDIT: Now it's my lobby! :dopey:

Great pics unfortunately I have not been able to make the banners:( Perhaps we need another volunteer to help with the banners.

I want my money back!!!! JK.
Are you using photoshop or something else? can you send me WI how are you doing this?

Unfortunately no 350.:( Wasnt what was advertised. Oh well, guess ill keep lookin. Might just bight the bullet and take out a mortgage to buy a brand new nismo 370.
Well Hooker...Why not try the E46 M3 (I have one).....usually they are bullet proof and you can fit alll of your racing wheels in the back seat and still have tools and luggage in the truck for a road trip to your favorite race track with your honey!!!

I recommend E46 M3....I even got 35mpg when I tried.....plus I dont think they are expensive anymore.

Well Hooker...Why not try the E46 M3 (I have one).....usually they are bullet proof and you can fit alll of your racing wheels in the back seat and still have tools and luggage in the truck for a road trip to your favorite race track with your honey!!!

I recommend E46 M3....I even got 35mpg when I tried.....plus I dont think they are expensive anymore.
Great car. Watch out for rod bearing wear, VANOS hub bolts, and subframe issues.35mpg is hard to believe though!

Great car. Watch out for rod bearing wear, VANOS hub bolts, and subframe issues.35mpg is hard to believe though!

Agreed to all of the above.....but to live with it is a great car....as afar as the mileage claim.....my other DD is a 2008 Toyota prius which trained me to achieve better mileage in other cars I drive.....My 2002 M3 does have Decceleration Fuel Cut Off (DFCO)...elevation changes and conservation of momentum played a big part of that mileage claim.

The Prius keeps her happy...and I was thinking of painting the M3 green.....LOL

My favorite M3 models were the E30 and E36. Car got bloated after that. Like just about everything...
I agree...but the e46 was my limit/compromise to the fattening trend........over time mine will evolve into a lighter car for spirited/racing car....I plan to keep the engine stock.

Just putting this out there for future rounds, but there are those cars that can't be tuned (M4, Ft-1, New NSX) so maybe we can work them in somehow and give them a little more purpose. They just sit in my garage otherwise. Also, although there may be some naysayers against NASCAR, a few oval track rounds would be a nice change of pace.

Just putting this out there for future rounds, but there are those cars that can't be tuned (M4, Ft-1, New NSX) so maybe we can work them in somehow and give them a little more purpose. They just sit in my garage otherwise. Also, although there may be some naysayers against NASCAR, a few oval track rounds would be a nice change of pace.
I wouldn't mind an oval track sometimes

The E46 did have another 100 ponies...so that helps :)

After owning my 911 I truly realized the beauty of low weight and moderate horsepower. Mine had 205hp at the wheels and was corner balanced at 2105lbs. Man I miss her :)

Back