◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,412 comments
Speaking of Friday events, I'd like to thank @nmcp1, @martin20az, @lane, @dabneyd, @dcallnight, @cmbeal317, @rankings18, @varga, @Chiochan, and @socalnatv for joining the first ever Mystic Racing races last Friday night! Despite being announced last-minute, we still managed to get 11 drivers on the grid. 👍 Sorry that the event ran longer then an hour, but that shouldn't happen in future events now that we have the format figured out. :)

What did you guys think of the event and are you interested in making it a semi-regular thing? Also, do you think it's worthy of it's own thread or should we just coordinate it through this thread?

So bummed I missed this. Looking forward to hitting the track with y'all

Got away from me again!! Oh well, this will work. :D

ATTENTION TO ALL WHO IT INTERESTS!!

If anyone is interested in testing out a Friday Drift Event please like this post so we can begin coordinating this with input from all who wants to join! After a 24 hour period I will PM everyone in a group chat so everyone can share what they would like. It probably won't be much but just hooning about for an hour or two but it could be fun. I hope this gets a lot of positive feedback. :)

Bugatti beaten...The Hennessey Venom GT 270.49mph

link

Built from a stretched Lotus exige with 1,244HP engine....
Venom-GT-270.4-mph-KSC-6-660x439.jpg

and a vid:

What did you guys think of the event and are you interested in making it a semi-regular thing? Also, do you think it's worthy of it's own thread or should we just coordinate it through this thread?

Sounds good to me!
I tried getting in the room a couple times and got dicso'ed. First time that's happened to me in a long long time.
Next time I will make sure I clamp my shifter on nice and tight, I found it hard to shift without it attached to my stand.

Count me semi-in...

I am honored to have prize B. With this choice, I have decided to stay at Silverstone and run the Gran Turismo 350Z RS.

Should be on SM tires and cost is 70,000 cr.
(PP after oil change is 498, HP is 395)

Also, I'll have a room open until 11 or so if anyone wants to join.

1472-6118-4130-9225-0152

Closed

Last edited:
Speaking of Friday events, I'd like to thank @nmcp1, @martin20az, @lane, @dabneyd, @dcallnight, @cmbeal317, @rankings18, @varga, @Chiochan, and @socalnatv for joining the first ever Mystic Racing races last Friday night! Despite being announced last-minute, we still managed to get 11 drivers on the grid. 👍 Sorry that the event ran longer then an hour, but that shouldn't happen in future events now that we have the format figured out. :)

I enjoyed the event very much.....and it didn't matter how well I did........for me it added another dimension in that, I wasn't sure when I would miss a shift........

My shifter had come loose and I was tightening it down the straights...LOL......and NO...I never owned and ALFA...LOL

I am honored to have prize B. With this choice, I have decided to stay at Silverstone and run the Gran Turismo 350Z RS.

Should be on SM tires and cost is 70,000 cr.
(PP after oil change is 498, HP is 395)

Also, I'll have a room open until 11 or so if anyone wants to join.

1472-6118-4130-9225-0152
Why do people open rooms with voice chat disabled? Especially practice rooms...

New subject here. I think we should disable "ghosting" when cars are about to collide. There are two problems in my opinion. It does not encourage the complaint system because you can't complain about somebody ghosting through you, or at least it's hard to make a case. Secondly, it does not promote good race craft. Bump someone enough, get a complaint against you, change your ways. You ghost through someone, no foul, you keep doing it. Maybe even real lasting damage might promote better race craft. Thank you all.
A quick note on the latest penalties on or penalties off debate over the past couple of days.. There were several comments made, so I'll just quote the one that started the discussion. As we all know, there are pros and cons for having penalties on, and there are pros and cons for having penalties off. The question is which is the better option. There are those who think that the entire league should be on the same setting, but I think the "one size fits all" approach sounds a whole lot better in theory than the actual application of it would be.

For the past year, D1 has been the only division with penalties turned off. That's what they wanted and we gave it to them. If any other division is going to have penalties turned off, I'm going to have to say it would have to be D2. The majority of the D2 drivers would have to be on board with it as well as the stewards. If that happens and it works out for the best, then we can consider doing the same for D3 and so on. However, we're not going to just turn penalties off for the entire league and cross our fingers. So if you're in D2 and want penalties off, then let's see if you can get a majority of your division mates and stewards on board with you.

A quick note on the latest penalties on or penalties off debate over the past couple of days.. There were several comments made, so I'll just quote the one that started the discussion. As we all know, there are pros and cons for having penalties on, and there are pros and cons for having penalties off. The question is which is the better option. There are those who think that the entire league should be on the same setting, but I think the "one size fits all" approach sounds a whole lot better in theory than the actual application of it would be.

For the past year, D1 has been the only division with penalties turned off. That's what they wanted and we gave it to them. If any other division is going to have penalties turned off, I'm going to have to say it would have to be D2. The majority of the D2 drivers would have to be on board with it as well as the stewards. If that happens and it works out for the best, then we can consider doing the same for D3 and so on. However, we're not going to just turn penalties off for the entire league and cross our fingers. So if you're in D2 and want penalties off, then let's see if you can get a majority of your division mates and stewards on board with you.

Sorry if this is already known, but my vote would at least partially depend on whether or not penalties can be turned off after qualifying, but before the races. Has anyone done this experiment? I'd do it now myself, but the TV is in use.

This is a good idea, provided that people joining aren't place in D1 or D2 without first showing great race craft!
I don't know of any people joining and being placed directly in D1.
If I'm incorrect then I apologize and except the fish for not researching before my reply.

Last edited:
I know I said I wouldn't have anything else on the topic of penalties or ghosting but I feel this is worth some testing and discussion. The penalties in GT6 for track boundaries are quite different from GT5 and I don't know enough about them to make an informed decision either way at this point. I am one of those that would like to see everyone run the same settings but I see the reality of not being able to do it. After watching replays, a lot of replays, today I saw guys way off track and they were not being penalized in the race by the game which means they are running out there in qualifying and not being penalized. In short, it appears that GT6 is not doing anything to really enforce track boundaries for us. This would need more testing before a blanket statement could be made regarding all tracks. Ghosting is what it has always been which is an inexact science with no real rhyme or reason as to when it's going to ghost one car or the other or both or none. It's not predictable which means it's a hazard. Contact penalties too often penalized the wrong driver in GT5 and I haven't seen enough of it to make a judgment on GT6. What I have seen so far shows very little difference.

@chatva There are a few guys here and there that get placed directly into D1 and D2 but they pale in comparison in numbers to guys going into other divisions.

I know I said I wouldn't have anything else on the topic of penalties or ghosting but I feel this is worth some testing and discussion. The penalties in GT6 for track boundaries are quite different from GT5 and I don't know enough about them to make an informed decision either way at this point. I am one of those that would like to see everyone run the same settings but I see the reality of not being able to do it. After watching replays, a lot of replays, today I saw guys way off track and they were not being penalized in the race by the game which means they are running out there in qualifying and not being penalized. In short, it appears that GT6 is not doing anything to really enforce track boundaries for us. This would need more testing before a blanket statement could be made regarding all tracks. Ghosting is what it has always been which is an inexact science with no real rhyme or reason as to when it's going to ghost one car or the other or both or none. It's not predictable which means it's a hazard. Contact penalties too often penalized the wrong driver in GT5 and I haven't seen enough of it to make a judgment on GT6. What I have seen so far shows very little difference.

@chatva There are a few guys here and there that get placed directly into D1 and D2 but they pale in comparison in numbers to guys going into other divisions.

I didn't do enough online racing in GT5 to compare, but I can say first hand that I have been involved in several collisions where the wrong driver was ghosted and penalized. It sucks when you get divebombed and end up taking a 3 second collision penalty as salt in the wound.

How about the West Coast Division? Since we are not competing for the prizes can we have a vote to decide our setting?

Just been looking at the team snail page and saw myself missing. I'm the scorekeeper for WC if someone would like to add me back in. Not that it bothers me, just saying lol.

Just been looking at the team snail page and saw myself missing. I'm the scorekeeper for WC if someone would like to add me back in. Not that it bothers me, just saying lol.
that is likely my fault as I have not sent anyone an update of who is doing what for the WC division. I will try to do that tomorrow.

Back