◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,413 comments
Speaking of games other than GT6, looks like I'll be making another skin for Assetto Corsa on Friday. It was just announced that the Lotus T125 will be released.

1957857_828414583851528_296192417_o.jpg

Man I tried AC again tonight giving the MPC12 GT3 a go. Maybe it's the lack of triple screen setting options, Maybe I lack some options set right elsewhere. However I just can't get into the game. It doesn't feel like a SIM to me. More Arcade like wanting to be a SIM. I actually think GT5/GT6 are better.

However I'm not completely giving up. Gonna chase some info on setting up my wheel options and triple screen options before making a decision. As well the game isn't finished. So that is another factor.

On that note. "The Next Car Game" is in pre Alpha stage and now supports triples and the T500 RS. This game is an absolute blast. Not quite a serious SIM however it's SIM enough to make it fun. Spent two hours doing Crash up Derby tonight. Laughing and hooting the entire time. GF coming over tomorrow and gonna get her on the rig behind the wheel on this one. As well I'll prob get slight tipsy and give it a go too. LoL

Now for Livery's. I did another RUF on iRacing. It's not complete but I'd say 90% or so. Here it is!

12787174984_dc4590cb94_o.png

12786732095_7eb579b402_o.png

12786838043_c436361677_o.png

Wow! Believe it or not, but that Guinness Rizla sponsored March was the very first F1 car I ever saw driven in anger when I went to my first F1 Grand Prix way back in 1981! It was the Dutch Grand Prix and it was driven by Derek Daly who, as it happened, originally lived only up the road from me in the southside of Dublin. BTW, it carried the number 17 in it's F1 years.

It was 5 years before I went to my next GP which was the 1986 British GP in Brands Hatch where, speaking of JPS sponsored cars, I got to see this iconic combo.
g03u.jpg

Sorry about the quality it's taken from a print and the focus wasn't great anyway.

yioh.jpg

Johnny Dumfries in the sister car with a puncture picked up in the 1st turn accident during which Jacques Laffitte had his career ending crash.

tibc.jpg

Senna in the background trying, in vain, to keep up with Piquet and Mansell in the Williams.

I suggest the Mitsubishi 3000GT MR (J) '98 @ Laguna Seca

But I'm sure he will make the deadline.

@goofytyler did not make the deadline. And, despite two guys thinking of fish slapping me without reading that page or the one before it (yes, that is you @chatva and @Troggy ), we actually had a grand total of one D7 nomination. At least it makes the voting easy to tabulate...

[quote="Handlebar, post: 9390065---From @Dragonwhisky last night... 11 pm or so...

FmeorCJ.png

Race Date: 23 February 2014

This week's prize winners are clear to make their selections. Good racing!

-------------------------

Once again....

OK - if we don't have prizes posted by 11 pm EST, then we'll assume we are once again up for grabs, 24 hours after the all clear, and are up for nominations.

If you raced in Division 7 on Sunday night, please suggest a Prize A combo (car and track) in case @goofytyler does not make his Prize A selection by 11pm tonight. This will replace the Lotus Elise Race Car '96 (Racing Hard tires) at Fuji Speedway GT (6 laps)

If either prize winner has not declared their prize by 10 pm EST tonight, we will open up voting on the valid combo suggestions (if submitted before 6:00 am EST) to ALL drivers, D1-D8 and WC, who raced this past Sunday night. Voting will go until 7 pm Wednesday. Yes, if both guys do not get their Prize announced, you will vote for the Combo A and a vote for Combo B. /end of quote - left open to be read.

-----

Since it is only 8 am EST on Wednesday, I see no problem in sliding the deadline back a bit. Give @goofytyler until 3 pm EST To post his Prize.

D7 guys, put up your single Prize A selection by them. Go back about two pages for details. That, or lose your prize/contribution. We will vote from 3 to 9 PM EST.

Last edited:
I am honored to have prize B. With this choice, I have decided to stay at Silverstone and run the Gran Turismo 350Z RS.

Should be on SM tires and cost is 70,000 cr.
(PP after oil change is 498, HP is 395)

Also, I'll have a room open until 11 or so if anyone wants to join.

1472-6118-4130-9225-0152

Closed

at this point would be a good time to update the 1st page with the 2/3 combos known so people can look there to see which combos are selected. this would eliminate people asking, and a smart ass response telling someone to look for info pages back that has not been decided.
(I do see the time it was posted and yes i understand one needs time to do this)

@Handlebar , I'm curious, why do we have a 24 hour deadline after the all clear is given? Why not make it a simple Day and time deadline?
I think this is to facilitate practice. This gives handlebar, and whomever will be voting for the new combo enough time to actually get everything lined up for Thursday night. As the saying goes, "a lack of preparation on your end does not constitute an emergency on my end." Or something to that effect. Why should handlebar be expected to scramble when potential prize winners arent paying attention? For all intents, prize winners and potential prize winners have 2 days to plan and 24 hours after the all clear to post. Seems reasonable to me.

Wow! Believe it or not, but that Guinness Rizla sponsored March was the very first F1 car I ever saw driven in anger when I went to my first F1 Grand Prix way back in 1981! It was the Dutch Grand Prix and it was driven by Derek Daly who, as it happened, originally lived only up the road from me in the southside of Dublin. BTW, it carried the number 17 in it's F1 years.
I'm not sure this history of this particular chassis but I do know it was not painted with a new number. They were all historic cars so this one was probably a backup or used for one year and did not place well. I was able to look up the JPS car I posted and it actually had one win in its career. My guess is that none of them were terribly famous...if they were they would not be put through their paces on the track, they would be in a museum or private collection.

FWIW, @goofytyler tested a combo with a bunch of us last night and he was aware that he was given the go-ahead for prize A. I just don't think he knew that the deadline was so soon, given that lately we've been picking combos at like 6PM on Thursdays.

Prize A selections:

Well these past couple of days have been so long for me, wasn't able to do much testing due to my school deciding to throw so much homework at me at once, so I'm going with the car that I tested out which is the Renault Sport Mugane Trophy Base Model '11 at Spa. Wish I could've done more but didn't have time to do much.

Renault Sport Mugane Trophy Base Model '11
518PP(with oil change)
RH tires
approximately 4 or 5 laps (I had average lap times in the 2mins and 30sec., maybe different in race scenario.)

Edit: thank you everyone that came out and tested with me last night and thank you @KTR5 for working out a way so that we don't get our combos mixed up with each others.

Edit: thanks for the heads up @intoflatlines

Last edited:
Prize A selections:

Well these past couple of days have been so long for me, wasn't able to do much testing due to my school deciding to throw so much homework at me at once, so I'm going with the car that I tested out which is the Renault Sport Mugane Trophy Base Model '11 at Spa. Wish I could've done more but didn't have time to do much.

518PP(with oil change)
RH tires
approximately 5 or 6 laps (I had average lap times in the 2mins and 30sec., maybe different in race scenario.)

Edit: thank you everyone that came out and tested with me last night and thank you @KTR5 for working out a way so that we don't get our combos mixed up with each others.
2:30 lap times would mean a 4 lap race, not 5-6.:cheers:

@goofytyler did not make the deadline. And, despite two guys thinking of fish slapping me without reading that page or the one before it (yes, that is you @chatva and @Troggy ), we actually had a grand total of one D7 nomination. At least it makes the voting easy to tabulate...

[quote="Handlebar, post: 9390065---From @Dragonwhisky last night... 11 pm or so...

FmeorCJ.png

Race Date: 23 February 2014

This week's prize winners are clear to make their selections. Good racing!

-------------------------

Once again....

OK - if we don't have prizes posted by 11 pm EST, then we'll assume we are once again up for grabs, 24 hours after the all clear, and are up for nominations.

If you raced in Division 7 on Sunday night, please suggest a Prize A combo (car and track) in case @goofytyler does not make his Prize A selection by 11pm tonight. This will replace the Lotus Elise Race Car '96 (Racing Hard tires) at Fuji Speedway GT (6 laps)

If either prize winner has not declared their prize by 10 pm EST tonight, we will open up voting on the valid combo suggestions (if submitted before 6:00 am EST) to ALL drivers, D1-D8 and WC, who raced this past Sunday night. Voting will go until 7 pm Wednesday. Yes, if both guys do not get their Prize announced, you will vote for the Combo A and a vote for Combo B. /end of quote - left open to be read.

-----

Since it is only 8 am EST on Wednesday, I see no problem in sliding the deadline back a bit. Give @goofytyler until 3 pm EST To post his Prize.

D7 guys, put up your single Prize A selection by them. Go back about two pages for details. That, or lose your prize/contribution. We will vote from 3 to 9 PM EST.

After I made my selection and we did some informal racing, we went in a room with @goofytyler for some testing. I didn't stay to find out if he made a final decision. But I think he had decided. He's out in Arizona, so hopefully when he gets up he'll make the announcement.

NINJA'd

sorry I ninja'd you Coach. lol. funny that I'm on my phone at school so I knew I needed it up, my teachers have been to cranky lately.

sorry I ninja'd you Coach. lol. funny that I'm on my phone at school so I knew I needed it up, my teachers have been to cranky lately.

That's okay. It took me several minutes to post that while working between clients. I do like the choice. The car handles well and love the high speed sections.

That's okay. It took me several minutes to post that while working between clients. I do like the choice. The car handles well and love the high speed sections.

It is good and I believe that D1 might get down to 2:20's for their lap times.

Hey guys, Just built my gaming PC and started playing iRacing and Assetto Corsa. Going to put some time into both of them so put me on the part time / sometimes list for now. AC is amazing btw, hard to go back to the gt6 physics.

Also wanted to thank everyone who organises the league, SNAIL was my first organised race and instantly I loved the feeling of racing online. It's funny how sitting in a chair playing a 'game' can get the adrenaline pumping and heart racing

Last edited:
Prize A selections:

518PP(with oil change)
RH tires
approximately 4 or 5 laps (I had average lap times in the 2mins and 30sec., maybe different in race scenario.)

Just did a few laps, still finding a lot of time, very good combo @goofytyler ! Very exciting to drive this combo, good car control and skill would definitely show here yet there are some long flatout sections to equalize things a bit. Looking forward to practicing with someone.
-
P.S. room opened : 1472-6118-3615-5264-0610

@Handlebar , I'm curious, why do we have a 24 hour deadline after the all clear is given? Why not make it a simple Day and time deadline?

Because it has not happened before.

Also, I wanted to try to set up a time where I could help do this when I am not at work.

Will send a PM in an idea.

Prize A selections:

518PP(with oil change)
RH tires

Thank god it's at Spa. I went back in the room last night after picking up the car, and they were running on Tokyo. Those were my first laps there in GT6, and wow did they ruin an awesome track. Felt like I was going to have a seizure with all those shadows.
I don't have a lot of laps at Spa, but this should be a great combo I think!

I'm not sure this history of this particular chassis but I do know it was not painted with a new number. They were all historic cars so this one was probably a backup or used for one year and did not place well. I was able to look up the JPS car I posted and it actually had one win in its career. My guess is that none of them were terribly famous...if they were they would not be put through their paces on the track, they would be in a museum or private collection.

Yeah, it seems it was Daly's spare car (Chassis No.6) and, when you saw it, it was driven by a guy called Mike Fitzgerald so there was obviously still an Irish connection.

Here's Daly in the actual car I saw in action with the pic being taken at Zandvoort that year.
1981%20-%20Derek%20Daly%20March.JPG

Yeah, it seems it was Daly's spare car (Chassis No.6) and, when you saw it, it was driven by a guy called Mike Fitzgerald so there was obviously still an Irish connection.

Here's Daly in the actual car I saw in action with the pic being taken at Zandvoort that year.
1981%20-%20Derek%20Daly%20March.JPG
Damn TurnUp... those was the amazing Formula 1 years. Now its just too much business, too much technology

Noob/ potential fishslap question: what do you set time and weather to be on time and weather variable tracks?

The fuel load on the Megane seems to affect car handling greatly and improves the handling as the fuel load comes down by 1-8th of a tank. Just wanted to make sure it's the fuel not the track. There was no way I was able to repeat my best lap times at higher fuel levels so far...

Noob/ potential fishslap question: what do you set time and weather to be on time and weather variable tracks?

The fuel load on the Megane seems to affect car handling greatly and improves the handling as the fuel load comes down by 1-8th of a tank. Just wanted to make sure it's the fuel not the track. There was no way I was able to repeat my best lap times at higher fuel levels so far...
For weather, everything should be set to 0. No weather whatsoever. Also. There is a bug that affects handling after a pit stop. It seems that grip and speed both drop after a pit. And not in a "just filled an empty tank" way. Fresh on the track and fresh out of the pits should handle near enough the same, which isn't the case.

Back