◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,415 comments
D8 SCOREKEEPING DONE

Thanks @elsbury2.

You wouldn't happen to have recorded the votes would you? They didn't make it into the directors doc.

Thanks to you both for helping getting the D8 scores entered. The elimination vote was quite decisive so I'm going to go ahead and post the results even without knowing how D8 voted. In fact, even if every driver in D8 voted to eliminate the same combo, it would not affect the vote.

NOTE: I would still like the D8 votes entered eventually though (for recording and data purposes)

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on March 16, 2014

If you believe that another driver exhibited poor racecraft or is guilty of an S.N.A.I.L. OLR violation, please file a Racing Incident Report by 11pm Eastern / 8pm Pacific tonight. Be sure to follow the instructions precisely or your submission might not be addressed! If you're undecided on whether or not you should file an incident, please read this. Also keep in mind that an incident report isn't supposed to be an argument. Here are some good tips on how to make sure things stay civil and respectful. 👍

Click here for this season's points standings and scroll down for comprehensive race data

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to retrieve it

Division 1
  1. fizzer82 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 92 (84.11 for Prize B)
  2. dgafaboutany1420 -- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. martin20az -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. QwietStorm03 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. SPEED14231234 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. hillracing -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1

Division 2
  1. Klutch-D ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 80 (76.98 for prize purposes only)
  2. PTslopoke --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. zstovall ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. chuyler1 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. x3n0-asx ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. Kgffy28 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. vincentq4 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. JWalker_SSR7 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. serge_1919 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. Drrgreenthumb67 --- voted to eliminate Round 1
  11. nmcp1 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  12. DrKronin ---------- did not submit a vote
  13. GTP_NishRacer ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  14. Way2gd4u956 ------- did not submit a vote

Division 3
  1. Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 89 (85.33 for Prize A)
  2. Troggeh ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. racefan78 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. turnupdaheat ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. Ice_Warden -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. LeoStrop ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. intoflatlines ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. jlbowler ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. Wolfsatz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  11. tcrash15 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1

Division 4
  1. rankings18b ------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 84 (76.63 for prize purposes only)
  2. Voodoovaj --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. dpinho1975 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. canuckleheadII ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. lfarris3 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. Unleashed159 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. whatbadgerseat ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. DoublePass -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. II-NOVA-II -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. shmibal43 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  11. EvoSpec10 --------- did not submit a vote

Division 5
  1. AMomcilo ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 82 (79.12 for prize purposes only)
  2. Vinnybear-O1 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. hooker4 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. AJHG1000 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. floydlovesbritt3 -- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. Wrench_Monkey86 --- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. Grandpas_Money ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. cmbeal317 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. JJLopez_427 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. HandlebarMustash -- voted to eliminate Round 1
  11. Skills_19657 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  12. Pifachu ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  13. ChuthuluGoat ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  14. GTP_pyxen --------- did not submit a vote

Division 6
  1. TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3 - 86 (79.40 for prize purposes only)
  2. USERID_77a23 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. covan2306 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. race_emhard ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. RebelYeller73 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. Munch2487 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. goofytyler1995 ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. Ogg_42 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. Mirado_7 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3

Division 7
  1. ShrumpRacer86 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 84 (79.52 for Prize C)
  2. rob1nd000d -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. singlepaddy ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. Piler ------------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. blueninjacivic ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. CoachMK21 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. racingchamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. Sharkb8ii --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. robertomglolz ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. speer9892007 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  11. dcallnight -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  12. wvhellbilly369 ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
  13. Alphasniper314 ---- did not submit a vote

Division 8
  1. deacon-blues082 --- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 94 (ineligible for prizes)
  2. KylarOne ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. elsbury2 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. vinnyzx1988 ------- did not submit a vote
  5. Rolly21581 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. FBR_Steve --------- did not submit a vote

West Coast
  1. GranStand_Bill ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  2. jobyone71 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. tezgm99 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. RinnFah ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. RevStar-9 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. Neovre ------------ did not submit a vote
  7. vitalik79 --------- did not submit a vote
  8. JT84_456 ---------- did not submit a vote
  9. ndrk1088 ---------- did not submit a vote
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - Red Bull X2014 Junior (Racing Medium tires) at Autumn Ring (9 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @Xradkins wins Prize A, they get to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - Renault Sport Clio V6 24V '00 (Sports Hard tires) at Ascari Full Track (4 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @fizzer gets Prize B, he gets to either steal Prize C and "freeze" either the car or the track, or he can wait to see which part of the combo the Prize C winner "freezes" and the decide what car or track replaces the unfrozen part of the combo.

Prize C goes to @Rockhound18 so he gets to "freeze" either the car or the track of the combo that received the second most elimination votes.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your car and/or track selection until all racing complaints are filed and you are given the "all clear" to announce your selection. It's also important that you review our Car/Track History so that you can see a complete history of how many times we've raced each car and track (just scroll to the right of that tab). Please remember that originality is always appreciated. Therefore, picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). Most importanty, make sure you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, the car should not hit its rev limiter at any point during the race (even in the draft).

Car Selection Guidelines
Dealership Cars - The maximum price for a selected car is now $500,000
DLC Cars - Only DLC cars that are FREE and currently still available in the PlayStation Store can be selected.

Track Selection Guidelines
Any non-DLC track can be selected as long as a single lap with the car combo'd with it would not take more than five minutes to complete. For example, don't select anything that includes the Nurburgring's Nordschleife.

IMPORTANT NOTE: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to select the Amuse Superlegara for your car, post "Amuse Nismo 380 RS Superlagara". If you want to select Monza for a track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". This makes it much easier for the lineup to be updated accurately and also prevents confusing other league members as to which car or track you are selecting.

Last edited:
FmeorCJ.png

Race Date: 16 March 2014

This week's prize winners are clear to make their selections. Good racing!

IR Submission Form is now closed.

We have 28 incidents on file. Deadline for reviews is NLT 10PM Eastern on Friday, March 21 , 2014.
Banners by dabneyd

Last edited:
Thanks to you both for helping getting the D8 scores entered. The elimination vote was quite decisive so I'm going to go ahead and post the results even without knowing how D8 voted. In fact, even if every driver in D8 voted to eliminate the same combo, it would not affect the vote.

NOTE: I would still like the D8 votes entered eventually though (for recording and data purposes)

Thanks @elsbury2.

You wouldn't happen to have recorded the votes would you? They didn't make it into the directors doc.
Just entered them

HELP please. What does 'Steal prize C' mean in prize B ?
Just means you can wait and see what Prize C will do with a freeze play or go ahead and make a Prize B pick.

Don't get to excited yet, in any event. The prize A candidate is not eligible and zer0 is checking who is next in line and their eligibility.

Division 7 Data Summary
March 16, 2014

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps.jpg

Top 5 Scores
1st - @Rockhound18 - 84 points
2nd - @rob1nh000d - 81 points
3rd - @singlepaddy - 70.1 points
4th - @Piler - 70 points
5th - @BayouSimDrifter - 69 points

Pole Lap Honors:
Round 1 : @Rockhound18 2:30.039
Round 2 : @KTR5 2:29.370
Round 3 : @Rockhound18 1:08.644

Race Winners:
Round 1 Race 1 : @Rockhound18
Round 1 Race 2 : @Tstockrahm

Round 2 Race 1 : @Rockhound18
Round 2 Race 2 : @KTR5

Round 3 Race 1 : @Rockhound18
Round 3 Race 2 : @KTR5

Fast Lap honors:
Round 1 Race 1 : @rob1nh000d 2:29.368
Round 1 Race 2 : @Rockhound18 2:30.434

Round 2 Race 1 : @Rockhound18 2:29.502
Round 2 Race 2 : @KTR5 2:30.787

Round 3 Race 1 : @Rockhound18 1:08.757
Round 3 Race 2 : @rob1nh000d 1:08.557

Fast Race:
Round 1: 10:12.238
Round 2: 10:04.333
Round 3: 10:30.584

Highest Gap, first to last:
Round 1, Race 1: 1:05.382

Smallest Gap, first to last:
Round 1, Race 2: 35.348

Complete Results

Thanks to @nmcp1 for this great idea and @fizzer for some additional stats.

Last edited:
D2 data has been entered to the Results Doc for 3/16/14

Autumn Ring.jpg
Pole Lap Honors:
Round 1 : @K1utch 2:25.355
Round 2 : @K1utch 2:25.502
Round 3 : @K1utch 1:07.382

Fast Lap honors:
Round 1 Race 1 : @K1utch 2:24.347
Round 1 Race 2 : @K1utch 2:25.669

Round 2 Race 1 : @K1utch 2:24.638
Round 2 Race 2 : @K1utch 2:25.301

Round 3 Race 1 : @K1utch 1:07.283
Round 3 Race 2 : @ptslopoke 1:08.018

There's no doubt that @K1utch is fast as the times above clearly show. Missing out to @ptslopoke in only 1 of the 6 races for fastest lap and taking all 3 poles. Well done! As we all know being fast is one thing but that's only part of the challenge. Being consistent throughout the night takes practice and patience and this is something that only through "seat time" can one really begin to master. It was a close battle but in the end @K1utch squeaked out the night over @ptslopoke by 1 point! Well done to both of you!

Congrats to @K1utch for taking the preliminary win for the night! 👍

Full data set can be found here.

Division 3 Pictures

Love it or Hate it; Ascari is to me an awesome combo, and I hope it sticks! It really tests you on many levels.

Here the starting grid with @Xradkins at the Pole.

The field quickly got separated in 2 main groups.

Beautiful scene of Bathurst

Lap 1 and this is the Classic Snail Train

Lap 1 and @Xradkins leads @Troggy, @turnupdaheat, @racefan78 and @Wolfsatz and ....

Taking the chicane carefully

In order to protect the identity and not hurt egos; passing was only done by capitalizing on mistakes.

And this one was a double whammy, however this was only possible because Driver Joe use good judgement and did not jump into the racing line to be a slow moving obstacle.

@Troggy shows perfect form coming off the Hill; @racefan78 followed by @Wolfsatz and @turnupdaheat

Spa Race 1, 1st Lap Specially dedicated to @K1utch

Battle for 4th. @Wolfsatz takes advantage of @Troggy going wide and unable to hit the throttle

@intoflatlines displays his colours following @JLBowler

My highlight of the night. High Risk pass on DW at Les Combes without taking @LeoStrop out which closed the door. A few months ago I would've taken Leo out.
This one felt really good. @Xradkins leads the pack.

2nd highlight of the night; X takes Eau Rogue pretty safely and this is one of my strongest part of the track. I go for the pass. However, there was slight contact and I lose X from view, he ran wide but did not lost much speed; I lift off and X and DW go flying by me before Les Combes. This is playing safely in order to avoid a complaint.

Trying to get back to DW and X, I charge up and take Les Combes hard and out of line; in my rear view mirror I see @LeoStrop and I want to go faster. This leads to tires spinning and slight tail whip at Bruxelles, Leo does not hesitate and goes for the pass.

I fight off Leo coming off 11 and ended up in the rumble strip, my impatience gets the better of me and throttle up over the rumble strip which leads to this.

Spa reverse grid before Les Combes and another beautiful Snail Train.

@racefan78 leads @fzappa, @JoeW and @JLBowler

... At Les Combes I bumped the car ahead of me and again to prevent any incidents lift off which means pretty much the whole field passes by. Tried to push hard to follow @Troggy at Blancimont to take 18 at full throttle, which again finds me the lovely rumble strip; I go from 5th, to 9th to dead last! I am thinking I should just pit and throw myself out the window :ouch::grumpy:. However I am not a quitter! I get back on the asphalt....

Somewhere else about 30 seconds ahead of me and to protect the identity of the involved

1 lap later I am able to regain 1 spot

1 lap later some time 30 seconds ahead of me, 2 not related and separate incidents at Les Combes

... and again... Moral of the story. I threw away my best combo and the possibility from my first win in D3; I should've bagged the reverse grid from 5th, but my impatience and heavy foot did not allow me to 'DRIVE' the car first. I was able to regain 3 spots by not giving up and thanks to other's similar mistakes.

The night ended with my diso'd during qualifying on the 3rd round; and since it was a friends only room I could not get back to it. :eek::drool::irked::ouch::rolleyes::yuck: Thanks for the WC for having me for the 1st two rounds. I may be able to get some pix from them soon.

Great pics and write up Wolf. I see I have a new name to register! :)

Division 7 Data Summary
March 16, 2014

Top 5 Scores
1st - @Rockhound18 - 84 points
2nd - @rob1nh000d - 81 points
3rd - @singlepaddy - 70.1 points
4th - @Piler - 70 points
5th - @BayouSimDrifter - 69 points

Pole Lap Honors:
Round 1 : @Rockhound18 2:30.039
Round 2 : @KTR5 2:29.370
Round 3 : @Rockhound18 1:08.644

Race Winners:
Round 1 Race 1 : @Rockhound18
Round 1 Race 2 : @Tstockrahm

Round 2 Race 1 : @Rockhound18
Round 2 Race 2 : @KTR5

Round 3 Race 1 : @Rockhound18
Round 3 Race 2 : @KTR5

Fast Lap honors:
Round 1 Race 1 : @rob1nh000d 2:29.368
Round 1 Race 2 : @Rockhound18 2:30.434

Round 2 Race 1 : @Rockhound18 2:29.502
Round 2 Race 2 : @KTR5 2:30.787

Round 3 Race 1 : @Rockhound18 1:08.757
Round 3 Race 2 : @rob1nh000d 1:08.557

Fast Race:
Round 1: 10:12.238
Round 2: 10:04.333
Round 3: 10:30.584

Highest Gap, first to last:
Round 1, Race 1: 1:05.382

Smallest Gap, first to last:
Round 1, Race 2: 35.348

Complete Results

Thanks to @nmcp1 for this great idea and @fizzer for some additional stats.

fixed for you

Tales From the Sixth Division

big-data-kitty.jpg

Last night was a terrific amount of fun! Our division did not suffer from any real issues. For once. Maybe things are starting to settle down. We clicked off every round in a very smooth fashion and even wrapping up just a little early. @Azure Flare ran the room very nicely! Excellent host. Thank you so much!

All of the combinations were really fun. Yes, even Ascari. Maybe it is because Ascari is a very new track to me. Once you start to unlock its secrets, there is a great flow to the track. I hope it hangs around for awhile. With a faster, looser car. Spa? It has been said many times that Spa is awesome no matter what you drive there and I have to agree. The Megane was exceptionally fun to drive. Maybe I need to see how it fairs at Ascari! Although I enjoyed the sheer speed with the Red Bull, it is just a little cartoonish for my tastes.

All things considered, it was a fantastic night of racing. I managed to stay in the thick of things for a third week in a row. There were some battles that really got the sweat going. I swear I am going to figure out how to let a little air out of @TEX36 's tires. Holy crap is he fast! At one point I started to feel a little sick with him hunting me. It is hard enough to have a faster driver behind you but Tex weaves and bobs quite a bit. On the educational side of it it is pretty cool to watch him try several different lines to get by in a clean fashion. A huge thanks to all of D6 for another exciting night!!

Pole Position Honors:

Round 1: @TEX36
Round 2: @goofytyler
Round 3: @covan2306

Race Winners:

Round 1 - Race 1: @USERID_77a23
Round 1 - Race 2: @covan2306
Round 2 - Race 1: @TEX36
Round 2 - Race 2: @covan2306
Round 3 - Race 1: @TEX36
Round 3 - Race 2: @ExoSphere64
headbang.gif

Fast Lap Honors:

Round 1 - Race 1: @TEX36
Round 1 - Race 2: @TEX36
Round 2 - Race 1: @TEX36
Round 2 - Race 2: @TEX36
Round 3 - Race 1: @TEX36
Round 3 - Race 2: @Azure Flare

If you would like to see the numbers, check HERE for all of the important data!

(@nmcp1 ... Your new format rules!)

Division 6 scores, votes, replays and data are complete!

Ahh roundabouts. I remember asking my driving instructor here about why he never picked any routes with any on during the practices and the reply was "no point, you know how to drive them far better than we do" :lol:

How so?

I got the post position I wanted.
Oops, you're right. My bad. :ouch:

A sick dragon is waiting on you @zer05ive , so he can go to bed. Check your PMs.
Apologies again. I passed out on the couch and I guess my wife didn't wake me up because she knew how tired I was. Thanks for the PM. The results post has been corrected.

Also, thanks to @JLBowler for giving me a heads up on the ineligible prize winner earlier this evening, which of course I didn't see until later because I'm way behind on my PM's. :dunce:

500,000 cr.? That means that we could race a GT3 car! (Preferably the GT-R base model. Please...)

That car is a good way to find out who is good and who isn't, it's a real torque monster.

HELP please. What does 'Steal prize C' mean in prize B ? Never mind I thinks I got it. I will keep Prize B and wait.
Just means you can wait and see what Prize C will do with a freeze play or go ahead and make a Prize B pick.

Don't get to excited yet, in any event. The prize A candidate is not eligible and zer0 is checking who is next in line and their eligibility.
If I may just clarify this a bit.. The Prize B winner can't wait to see what Prize C will do with freeze play before choosing which prize to pick. He can either choose to accept Prize C's freeze no matter what or he can choose to steal Prize C instead (and thus effectively swap the power of the Prize B and Prize C winners). I'll work on rewording prize descriptions to make them less confusing. I'd probably start by removing the description of Prize C from the Prize B text, and just state the option to steal Prize C there (while keeping the "freeze" description/link under Price C only).

Last edited:
If I may just clarify this a bit.. The Prize B can't wait to see what Prize C will do with freeze play before choosing which prize to pick. He can either choose to accept Prize C's freeze no matter what or he can choose to steal Prize C instead (and thus effectively swap the power of the Prize B and Prize C winners). I'll work on rewording prize descriptions to make them less confusing. I'd probably start by removing a description of Prize C from the Prize B test, and just state the option to steal Prize C (while putting the "freeze" description/link under Price C only).

So @Xradkins , given the clarification, do you still choose to keep prize B?

I'll reveal my price C choice once you confirm (cards close to chest, check). Haha, I like the dynamic of the new prize structure, spices up the process a bit I think.

So @Xradkins , given the clarification, do you still choose to keep prize B?

I'll reveal my price C choice once you confirm (cards close to chest, check). Haha, I like the dynamic of the new prize structure, spices up the process a bit I think.

Actually, @Xradkins has prize A, since @deaconblues82 isn't eligible yet. @fizzer, you have the B and @Rockhound18 has the C. So, @fizzer you're waiting for @Rockhound18.

Latest Posts

Back