◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,415 comments
I don't feel I need to justify my choice, but please give it a few laps before commenting. And remember, we all want close competition so practice (if you want success)! This combo will allow for passing and f ups, so learn the many places to make your move, and, where not to make a move.

Good luck from your D3 winner.
X

Not 5 for sure. We're only at 4 laps with sub 2:30 lap times at Ascari and Spa.

I don't think I've done the full Cape Ring since the first GT Academy. It should definitely provide some interesting racing.

Even though 4 laps might be about right I want to say 3? because it's just feels so dreadfully long even though I'm in the 45s and potential 44s..

I don't feel I need to justify my choice, but please give it a few laps before commenting. And remember, we all want close competition so practice (if you want success)! This combo will allow for passing and f ups, so learn the many places to make your move, and, where not to make a move.

Good luck from your D3 winner.
X

MAN DOES IT UNDERSTEERS LIKE A BOAT AT LOW SPEED lol

D1 drivers who raced this Sunday, @dgaf95integra , @qwietstorm , @martin20az, @fiestauk, @hillracing, @Nicktune, you have 4 hours left to make a suggestion for a replacement car to be run at Ascari.

Remember you get to make ONE official suggestion in the thread. If you make multiple suggestions, all of your suggestions will become ineligible to be chosen by fizzer as prize B.

Edit: I just noticed a few of those guys are on the West Coast so I am moving the deadline back by about 4 hours to 23:59 ET tonight. At that time I will put all the suggestions in one post and "tag" fizzer so he can make a pick.

Last edited:
D1 drivers who raced this Sunday, @dgaf95integra , @qwietstorm , @martin20az, @fiestauk, @hillracing, @Nicktune, you have 4 hours left to make a suggestion for a replacement car to be run at Ascari.

Remember you get to make ONE official suggestion in the thread. If you make multiple suggestions, all of you suggestions will not be ineligible to be chosen by fizzer as prize B.

Edit: I just noticed a few of those guys are on the West Coast so I am moving the deadline back by about 4 hours to 23:59 ET tonight. At that time I will put all the suggestions in one post and "tag" fizzer so he can make a pick.
"will not be ineligible to be chosen by fizzer as prize B." What?? lol... Assuming you meant "not be eligible" what happens if the suggestion becomes ineligible?

"will not be ineligible to be chosen by fizzer as prize B." What?? lol... Assuming you meant "not be eligible" what happens if the suggestion becomes ineligible?

I fixed that now. I need to proofread before I hit reply. If someone makes more than one suggestion, then fizzer would not be allowed to choose any suggestion made by that person. I'm still trying to figure out what to do if nobody in D1 makes a suggestion at all.

One of the first things I did with GT5 and GT6 is disable the music. I find it really distracting and even worse when it's playing during replays. Kind of like people posting real-life racing videos on Youtube and having some crappy music playing over it all. I want to hear the engine, exhaust, tire squeal, etc. not some Skrillex fart noises!

See, I agree with you in theory. But for some reason when I turned the music off, I suddenly started driving like crap. My theory is that I've been playing GT games with background music for so long that my brain just sort of expects it.

Yeah, everyone's got different preferences. I'm sure it helps some people get zoned in and focus on the race but it is always an annoyance for me. I love music a lot, play a bunch of instruments, go to concerts, etc. but it just bothers me when racing or watching replays.

is anyone online? Care to drive together?

See, I agree with you in theory. But for some reason when I turned the music off, I suddenly started driving like crap. My theory is that I've been playing GT games with background music for so long that my brain just sort of expects it.

I'm thinking of Initial D music lol it's probably gonna distract me further. I had the album Arch Angel by Two Steps From Hell in GT5.

Yeah, everyone's got different preferences. I'm sure it helps some people get zoned in and focus on the race but it is always an annoyance for me. I love music a lot, play a bunch of instruments, go to concerts, etc. but it just bothers me when racing or watching replays.

I'm somewhat musical as well, and I can't drive fast with music. Inevitably I subconsciously try to match hitting reference points with the beat and that clearly is not a good thing!

Back