◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,415 comments
Division 3 Round 1 Race 1
Honda Integra Type R (DC5) Touring Car '04
at Ascari full track

On Track: @turnupdaheat , @Wolfsatz , @LeoStrop , @Xradkins ,@racefan78 , @JLBowler, @intoflatlines & @Dragonwhisky

Turnupdahead gets pole and steals it from me. I had pole for about 10 seconds.

Nice and tidy at the chicane.

Ready to receive an early gift from Turnupdaheat, he goes wide and into the grass and make the pass without incident.

1st lap and Racefan is also able to pass heat. This one is not so much the snail train.

Battle for 4th is tight.

Going through the 2nd Chicane, Racefan quickly closes the gap.

3 wide at The Hill. Xman is able to make a clean pass for 4th.

Racefan charges hard and gets very close.

Meanwhile, X gets an excellent run on Heat and makes a clean pass as Flatlines studies his chances.

At the 2nd Chicane and everyone in bounds!

Last Lap! Burning front tires but keeping in bounds; Racefan still looking for a tiny mistake to complete the pass.

But I am able to cruise to my 1st victory in D3 on GT6. :gtpflag: Excellent racecraft to @racefan78 he pushed hard but never over agressive to cause an incident.

Flatlines is able to make a pass on Heat on the last lap.

Division 3 Round 1 Reverse Grid
@LeoStrop starts in the front and is followed by DW.

Snail Rainbow at lap 2. Battle for 3rd.

Side by Side at the top of the Hill X defends the inside from Racefan's charge.

Flatlines defends the inside as X gets robbed from the draft. Good defending move from @intoflatlines to prevent the pass in 3rd lap.

X setting up for the pass 2 corners before @ The Hill...

...gets excellent momentum and completes the pass on the inside touch free even when Flatlines is running a very good defensive line. I tug right behind X to draft him, but ran out of track to complete the pass before the chicane.

Last lap and I fight to steal 4th from Flatlines...

... there is a small rub and I lift off to prevent a major incident... flatlines is able to maintain position.

...and racefan is closing the gap quickly.

While @Dragonwhisky is cruising in 2nd place seconds ahead of any threat.

Setting up for the pass at the Hill, and using the same technique as X...

I come side to side next to flatlines...

... but I have the advantage of having the inside line.

and able to complete the pass to the finish line withing 100ths of a second.

@LeoStrop seals victory

Everyone in D3 displayed great racecraft on this combo! :cheers:👍:):D

round 2 TBS.
Awesome photos and commentary! That was a great 2nd race especially, I was honored to have fended you off until the end. Great race craft and passing too!

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on March 23, 2014

If you believe that another driver exhibited poor racecraft or is guilty of an S.N.A.I.L. OLR violation, please file a Racing Incident Report by 11pm Eastern / 8pm Pacific tonight. Be sure to follow the instructions precisely or your submission might not be addressed! If you're undecided on whether or not you should file an incident, please read this. Also keep in mind that an incident report isn't supposed to be an argument. Here are some good tips on how to make sure things stay civil and respectful. 👍

Click here for this season's points standings and scroll down for comprehensive race data

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to retrieve it

Division 1
  1. fizzer82 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 59 (50.10 in 4 races = 12.52 average for prize purposes only)
  2. Nic-KL ------------ did not submit a vote
  3. martin20az -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. dgafaboutany1420 -- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. QwietStorm03 ------ did not submit a vote
  6. GTP_Benz-27 ------- did not submit a vote
  7. msgt-sd ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. GTP_ParkerMO125 --- voted to eliminate Round 2

Division 2
  1. chuyler1 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 84 (70.94 in 6 races = 11.82 average for prize purposes only)
  2. serge_1919 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. JWalker_SSR7 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. Klutch-D ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. Drrgreenthumb67 --- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. Kgffy28 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. GTP_NishRacer ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. nmcp1 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 2

Division 3
  1. Xrad-11 ----------- did not submit a vote - 59 (52.97 in 4 races = 13.24 average for prize purposes only)
  2. Wolfsatz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. LeoStrop ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. racefan78 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. turnupdaheat ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. jlbowler ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. intoflatlines ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. fereck ------------ did not submit a vote

Division 4
  1. dpinho1975 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 45.1 (41.96 in 3 races = 13.95 average for Prize B)
  2. canuckleheadII ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. Unleashed159 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. Voodoovaj --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. xpiratenationx ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. shmibal43 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. cheechoo777 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. EvoSpec10 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. zii1993 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1

Division 5
  1. hooker4 ----------- did not submit a vote - 44 (40.80 in 3 races = 13.60 average for Prize C)
  2. GTP_pyxen --------- did not submit a vote
  3. ChuthuluGoat ------ did not submit a vote
  4. Grandpas_Money ---- did not submit a vote
  5. floydlovesbritt3 -- did not submit a vote
  6. HandlebarMustash -- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. Pifachu ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. Vinnybear-O1 ------ did not submit a vote
  9. JJLopez_427 ------- did not submit a vote
  10. Skills_19657 ------ did not submit a vote
  11. cmbeal317 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1

Division 6
  1. TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2 - 50 (49.82 in 3 races = 16.61 average for Prize A)
  2. Munch2487 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. USERID_77a23 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. GTP_lousteezy ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. RebelYeller73 ----- did not submit a vote
  6. ExoSphere64 ------- did not submit a vote
  7. Mirado_7 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. race_emhard ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. goofytyler1995 ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. DigiImprov -------- did not submit a vote
  11. Ogg_42 ------------ did not submit a vote
  12. JakeDog23 --------- did not submit a vote

Division 7
  1. rob1nd000d -------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 95 (ineligible for prizes)
  2. racingchamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. singlepaddy ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. blueninjacivic ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. Piler ------------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. speer9892007 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. CoachMK21 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. dcallnight -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. Sharkb8ii --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. wvhellbilly369 ---- voted to eliminate Round 2

Division 8
  1. deacon-blues082 --- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 48 (ineligible for prizes)
  2. Joe_DiBen --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. elsbury2 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. Rolly21581 -------- did not submit a vote
  5. FBR_Steve --------- did not submit a vote
  6. PICHON617 --------- did not submit a vote
  7. Wackedboy --------- did not submit a vote
  8. KylarOne ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2

West Coast
  1. gmraces ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  2. Neovre ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. VrapPlus ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. tezgm99 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. GranStand_Bill ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. jobyone71 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. RinnFah ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. RevStar-9 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. vitalik79 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione '08 (Sport Soft tires) at Cape Ring (3 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @TEX36 wins Prize A, they get to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Honda Integra Type R (DC5) Touring Car '04 (Race Hard tires) at Ascari Full Track (4 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @Daniel Pinho gets Prize B, he has the option to "freeze" the car or the track, or he can that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the "freeze" away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @hooker4 so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your car and/or track selection until all racing complaints are filed and you are given the "all clear" to announce your selection. It's also important that you review our Car/Track History so that you can see a complete history of how many times we've raced each car and track (just scroll to the right of that tab). Please remember that originality is always appreciated. Therefore, picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). Most importanty, make sure you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, the car should not hit its rev limiter at any point during the race (even in the draft).

Car Selection Guidelines
Dealership Cars - The maximum price for a selected car is now $500,000
DLC Cars - Only DLC cars that are FREE and currently still available in the PlayStation Store can be selected.

Track Selection Guidelines
Any non-DLC track can be selected as long as a single lap with the car combo'd with it would not take more than five minutes to complete. For example, don't select anything that includes the Nurburgring's Nordschleife.

IMPORTANT NOTE: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to select the Amuse Superlegara for your car, post "Amuse Nismo 380 RS Superlagara". If you want to select Monza for a track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". This makes it much easier for the lineup to be updated accurately and also prevents confusing other league members as to which car or track you are selecting.

Last edited:
I'm so excited about seeing @rob1nh000d winning in D7! Glad all your hard work paid off bro!

1. racing just shows us that the goal is still there for the next week of practice, keeps us humble

knowing that we are human and we can't get totally beyond mistakes and chance and the wonderful

surprises that other drivers throw at us.

2. credit goes to curiosity and desire from the spirit, it's there when i wake up (I respect others views in this area)

First credit goes to Poliphony Digital for creating this amazing amount of physics in a console game. (quote from @K1utch)

No matter how many problems occur (e.g. last night's supernova), and since, at this point, I cannot afford to race metal cars on asphalt tracks, I am very thankful and happy that it has been created, and that they created a way to do it on the social level.

Second credit goes to the people who created and maintain the S.N.A.I.L racing league. Three weeks ago I did not know anything about how much of what I wanted from racing was contained in this league.

Third credit goes to the person who invited me here, sorry I don't remember their name. Please let me know if you don't mind.

Fourth credit to the racers who took the time to teach me these last two weeks (This is the biggest part and why a racing league is so awesome, the other part being that they offer the practice/racing cycle). @K1utch (on breaking down the track, car physics & driving techniques), @VrapPlus (on breaking down the corners), @fizzer, @FloydC3, @Schmiggz, @Pifachu, @joe_diben, and others (the week before @TEX36 (Situational Awareness, Track boundaries and Passing responsibility). Sorry if I forgot someone. (Who was it that spent a half an hour inching our cars back and forth so we could figure out exactly when the side markers came on and changed colors and exactly when a car was half way up the side of our cars?) Credit here also goes to the racers in Division 7 who raced fair and did not let emotion get the best of them even when I made mistakes. ADDITION: forgot @dpinho1975, thanks.

Last and least credit goes to my long and hard (enjoyable) work, but even that comes from points One and Two above.

btw, if anyone wants, I'd be glad to pass on what I have been taught.

p.s. I just finally broke 2.30 on SPA (2:28.729) due to @msgt-sd & @dgaf95integra helping me tonight. I don't know how they did it, I didn't think it was possible (a 2:29), but they actually changed my whole perception of the track. They made it happen. Thanks very much!

Last edited:
So after two hours of editing, the results post is ready. The first thing that you'll notice is that we based the prize winners on everyone's average adjusted score. The decision to do this was based on the abundant network issues that prevented many divisions from completing all rounds/races. Please speak up if you see any errors.

I've also updated the wording of the Prize B and Prize C descriptions at the bottom of the post. Hopefully this makes it clear that the Prize B winner gets to choose from either Prize B or Prize C, and that the Prize C winner gets whatever is left. Please speak up if you see any errors or things that should be changed/corrected.

I think the deadline is Wednesday night (can't remember when that is), you risk getting slapped with a fish.

Usually up by the next day when it is officially selected.

Only 2 weeks with Ascari and I too think the track should leave, despite me loving the track.

The Integra TC needs something else.

Ok thank you I'm a first timer in a league just wondering so I have enough time to practice the car and track combos

That's understandable but be patient and keep an eye on the thread for the announcements. It generally takes a couple of days for the stewards to pass judgement on the Incident Reports and give the all clear for the prize winners to make their choices.

Official Practice is held on Thursday night so all the combos should be revealed by then. In the meantime, I would suggest you go and spend as much time practicing with the Megane/Spa combo as you can. It's a fun combo that has been raced for the past few weeks so the drivers you will be racing will have had a fair bit of experience with it and will have built up their speed over that time.

I say we get rid of Ascari and run the Integra on Nordschleife just a small suggestion seems like a good combo with alot of close racing and action

That's understandable but be patient and keep an eye on the thread for the announcements. It generally takes a couple of days for the stewards to deal pass judgement on the Incident Reports and give the all clear for the prize winners to make their choices.

Official Practice is held on Thursday night so all the combos should be revealed by then. In the meantime, I would suggest you go and spend as much time practicing with the Megane/Spa combo as you can. It's a fun combo that has been raced for the past few weeks so the drivers you will be racing will have had a fair bit of experience with it and will have built up their speed over that time.

Is that the touring car model?

@aliengamer25 Can't race the Nordschleife, it's far too long.

And yes, the car for Spa is the magnificent Renault Megane Trophy Base Model '11 (full legal name).

There seems to be a typo with my name in the results post. I noticed this last week as well. Please change the first d to an h. Thanks

Last edited:

Division 4
  1. dpinho1975 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 45.1 (41.96 in 3 races = 13.95 average for Prize B)
    • canuckleheadII ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • Unleashed159 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
    • Voodoovaj --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • xpiratenationx ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • shmibal43 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • cheechoo777 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • EvoSpec10 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • zii1993 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1

Round 2 - Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione '08 (Sport Soft tires) at Cape Ring (3 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @TEX36 wins Prize A, they get to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

Honda Integra Type R (DC5) Touring Car '04 (Race Hard tires) at Ascari Full Track (4 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @CanuckleheadII gets Prize B, he has the option to "freeze" the car or the track, or he can that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the "freeze" away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @hooker4 so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Shouldn't @Daniel Pinho be the prize B winner?

Last edited:

If you believe that another driver exhibited poor racecraft or is guilty of an S.N.A.I.L. OLR violation, please file a Racing Incident Report by 11pm Eastern / 8pm Pacific tonight. Be sure to follow the instructions precisely or your submission might not be addressed! If you're undecided on whether or not you should file an incident, please read this. Also keep in mind that an incident report isn't supposed to be an argument. Here are some good tips on how to make sure things stay civil and respectful. 👍

Click here for this season's points standings and scroll down for comprehensive race data

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to retrieve it

Division 1

• Nic-KL ------------ did not submit a vote
    • martin20az -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • dgafaboutany1420 -- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • QwietStorm03 ------ did not submit a vote
    • GTP_Benz-27 ------- did not submit a vote
    • msgt-sd ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • GTP_ParkerMO125 --- voted to eliminate Round 2

I just entered Qwiet's vote, I've yet to get votes from @Benz-27 and @Nicktune .

Also, I still need to score race 4 from a replay and get replays for race 5 and 6 as they were run but after I gave up when there was a past-my-bedtime DC for me in race 5.

So, D1 scores/data are still quite preliminary.

All week I spent a lot of time on getting better all around was doing good but sat and Sunday I seen myself barley thoughing the brake tried stoping it did good until combo 1 race 2 and I was trying not to do it but the last lap I didn't get on the brake fast enuf because I was trying to not to do the brake thing and knocked someone from a win so if I don't get better this week I'm not race on Sundays until I get better and maybe if I don't get better i don't want that happening again ill just quit snail because I don't want to miss someone's night up again like that I'm trying the best I can to be the best I can and to have great race craft

All week I spent a lot of time on getting bette all around was doing good but sat and Sunday I seen myself barley thoughing the brake tried stoping it did good until combo 1 race 2 and I was trying not to do it but the last lap I didn't get on the brake fast enuf because I was trying to not to do the brake thing and knocked someone from a win so if I don't get better this week I'm not race on Sundays until I get better and maybe if I don't get better i don't want that happening again ill just quit snail because I don't want to miss someone's night up again like that I'm trying the best I can to be the best I can and to have great race craft
No need for all that floyd. Just keep doing what your doing your fast and clean. All I can say Is go with the pace of the race and wait for an opportunity to pass. And dont try and set the fastest
lap everytime you go around the track. Be smooth and clean. As far as im concerned you are doing just fine no need to go and quit something that youve worked so hard for. No complaints from me my friend. I thoroughly enjoy racing with you in d5. Keep up the good work and dont get discouraged.

All week I spent a lot of time on getting better all around was doing good but sat and Sunday I seen myself barley thoughing the brake tried stoping it did good until combo 1 race 2 and I was trying not to do it but the last lap I didn't get on the brake fast enuf because I was trying to not to do the brake thing and knocked someone from a win so if I don't get better this week I'm not race on Sundays until I get better and maybe if I don't get better i don't want that happening again ill just quit snail because I don't want to miss someone's night up again like that I'm trying the best I can to be the best I can and to have great race craft

Exactly what @Chiochan and @hooker4 said. As well as using a period or two in that paragraph. :)

Last edited:
snip

This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @CanuckleheadII gets Prize B, he has the option to "freeze" the car or the track, or he can that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the "freeze" away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

snip

FmeorCJ.png

Race Date: 23 March 2014
This week's prize winners are clear to make their selections. Good racing!

Back