◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,420 comments
If DPinho is Prize B, is canucklehead or @hooker4 the Prize C winner?
Sorry for the confusion, but canucklehead was initially listed because I though he was the division winner. However, I realized later that he actually lost a tie-breaker for the division win. Since only division winners are eligible for prizes, that left hooker4 next in line for the prizes. :)

Daniel and canucklehead are in the same division, so hooker is.
Spot on. 👍

Last edited:
Sorry I have been MIA over the last 24 hours... Yesterday was my last day on call and it was a real peach. By the time I was finished last night I had nothing left.

I don't have access to the PS3 tonight but over the next couple of days I will do my best to get what little data and replays I have for D6.

I think we were the first division to start falling apart. We had issues from the very beginning. I am just so frustrated with the connection issues. I have started another thread HERE to see how the other organizations are doing with the connection issues and if maybe there is a work around or if it is only us.

I am just broken hearted for @TEX36 . He was on a mission Sunday and could have pitched a no hitter. At the very least, the pole hat trick. He was straight up robbed. I am stoked to see that he will be choosing prize A. I can't wait to race his combo!

Last edited:
ORGANIZATIONAL ANNOUNCEMENT

It's my pleasure to announce that @JLBowler is now an official league director. For those that don't know, he was one of the first members to join the league and has been actively involved with S.N.A.I.L. for more than two years. In that time, he has served as our Technical Director, a Division Steward, and has directed his own S.N.A.I.L. race series. He has also developed several league policies and has a thorough understanding of all league functions. In addition, he now plays a key role in our promotion and relegation process and is responsible for the initial division placement for all new members.

With all that in mind, it's safe to say that there are few members who are as thoroughly involved in all aspects of the league. With this new role, he now has the authority to make the day-to-day decisions that are necessary to keep the league (and the thread) moving and progressing forward. Please join me in congratulating him on his new role. :)

It's my pleasure to announce that @JLBowler is now an official league director. For those that don't know, he was one of the first members to join the league and has been actively involved with S.N.A.I.L. for more than two years. In that time, he has served as our Technical Director, a Division Steward, and has directed his own S.N.A.I.L. race series. He has also developed several league policies and has a thorough understanding of all league functions. In addition, he now plays a key role in our promotion and relegation process and is responsible for the initial division placement for all new members.

With all that in mind, it's safe to say that there are few members who are as thoroughly involved in all aspects of the league. With this new role, he now has the authority to make the day-to-day decisions that are necessary to keep the league (and the thread) moving and progressing forward. Please join me in congratulating him on his new role. :)

Congratulations @JLBowler

Awesome!! Right on @JLBowler ! I have added you to the Team SNAIL roster as such!!

Prize A selection. (And for those that wonder if any testing was done: Yes quite a bit)

Car: BMW M3 CSL '03
497 PP, 371 HP, Sports Med tires

Track: Apricot Hill Raceway - Forward 2.40 miles
Lap times: 1:30 or better for most

Prize A selection. (And for those that wonder if any testing was done: Yes quite a bit)

Thanks! I love the CSL. It is one of my favorite cars in the game:)

Nice! I finally have an excuse to really learn that track in this game. I tested it for my prize weeks but I wasn't consistent and didn't want to pick something that didn't play to my strengths. I think it will be an interesting track to race with lots of different lines through turns.

This shall be fun!! Can't wait

I daily and track drive my E46 330i, shouldn't be all that different :D

Edit: Quick review of new combo after 20 or so laps: Quite nice, more body roll than I would have liked on the CSL, which calls for high precision throttle control through esses, handling characteristics-wise resembles my 330i A LOT. Can't say I like the way it drives but at least it is pretty predictable. Turn 1 at Apricot is tough, still not able to find a line I like through there. But overall we shouldn't be seeing too huge of a gap between drivers' lap times because of a wide track and multiple lines can be taken to result in similar lap times. Not running quick because of the damn turn 1 and also the infield hairpin, but looking forward to see a benchmark time soon after more people have run it.

Last edited:
D3 data has been entered to the Results Doc for 3/23/14

Pole Lap Honors:
Round 1 (Integra @ Ascari): @turnupdaheat 2:10.949
Round 2 (Alfa Romeo 8C @ Cape Ring): @Xradkins 2:46.779

Fast Lap honors:
Round 1 Race 1 : @Wolfsatz 2:11.069
Round 1 Race 2 : @racefan78 2:11.229

Round 2 Race 1 : @Xradkins 2:46.709
Round 2 Race 2 : @LeoStrop 2:46.889

Great racecraft and tight pack racing in combo 1! When I started the replays to gather fast lap data, I couldn't help but watch both of the races in their entirety, just because it was so action packed and tight! Combo 2, I'm not so sure because I was so far behind I couldn't see any other cars :D

Thanks to @nmcp1 for the nice layout! And thanks to @Dragonwhisky ? for entering fast laps for combo 2!

Last edited:
D3 data has been entered to the Results Doc for 3/23/14

Pole Lap Honors:
Round 1 (Integra @ Ascari): @turnupdaheat 2:10.949
Round 2 (Alfa Romeo 8C @ Cape Ring): @Xradkins 2:46.779

Fast Lap honors:
Round 1 Race 1 : @Wolfsatz 2:11.069
Round 1 Race 2 : @racefan78 2:11.229

Round 2 Race 1 : @Xradkins 2:46.709
Round 2 Race 2 : @LeoStrop 2:46.889

Great racecraft and tight pack racing in combo 1! When I started the replays to gather fast lap data, I couldn't help but watch both of the races in their entirety, just because it was so action packed and tight! Combo 2, I'm not so sure because I was so far behind I couldn't see any other cars :D

Thanks to @nmcp1 for the nice layout! And thanks to @Dragonwhisky ? for entering fast laps for combo 2!

I think Combo 2 had a much bigger spread than even with the Renault from last week.

Congrats to @JLBowler

I think Combo 2 had a much bigger spread than even with the Renault from last week.
Surprisingly, no. For both Clio/Ascari and 8C/Cape Ring I had the biggest gaps :embarrassed: at 55 seconds and 43 seconds, respectively. Although for both races with the Clio/Ascari I pretty much quit and kind of went cruising around so that might not be a good measure. Even removing myself from the equation the longest gaps are 44 seconds for Clio/Ascari and 39 seconds for 8C/Cape Ring. Let's just say that both combos were such that it was very easy to have a race completely ruined by a very large margin due to a couple small mistakes. :D

Last edited:
JLBowler... what a character! He can be incomprehensive, cynical and even rude sometimes but for those like me that know Bowler for a while have no doubt of what great guy he is and how much he fkn loves Snail. Well deserved J, congratulations budz.

JLBowler... what a character! He can be incomprehensive, cynical and even rude sometimes but for those like me that know Bowler for a while have no doubt of what great guy he is and how much he fkn loves Snail. Well deserved J, congratulations budz.
you forgot Official Fish Slapper!

fish-slap-o.gif

For those that fish may not be enough. Here's the cavalry:

tumblr_mlmafqEv3j1qk1q9uo1_250.gif

Last edited:
Back