◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,417 comments
Prize B sweet! I choose to "freeze" the combo, so the choice is up to racefan78

Division 4 was a lot of fun last night. I took a video of Apricot Hill where Chatva, II-NOVA-II and myself went three wide down the stretch, and into the first two turns, followed by some insanely close racing with Unleashed59. I don't think any contact was made. Watch in 1080p for the best experience.

I think the freeze happened before the all clear was given, but nothing changed so it should still be valid right?

I think the freeze happened before the all clear was given, but nothing changed so it should still be valid right?
But which part did he freeze?
NINJA'D
And what a waste of totp :banghead:

Last edited:
If @AG07WRXTR doesn't post his pick by the deadline (whenever that is), would I get to pick both which part to freeze, and the replacement? Or does it just slide down, so I get prize B and the next prize winner gets prize C?

If @AG07WRXTR doesn't post his pick by the deadline (whenever that is), would I get to pick both which part to freeze, and the replacement? Or does it just slide down, so I get prize B and the next prize winner gets prize C?

"I think" it would go to you to choose which option is frozen, since you earned prize C. Then the Division 4 drivers that raced this past Sunday would nominate the half you didn't freeze and then everyone votes from the nominees.

I just wanted to clear up any confusion about entering data. The 'training' video found on row 163 of the Team S.N.A.I.L. sheet explains most of it.

1. Enter a fast lap for a driver if they've completed more than one lap. Even if they didn't finish the race, it's easy to go back to the point they disco'd and get the information. If they didn't complete two laps, don't enter anything. Reason being, the first lap is not representative of their pace and the second race will likely be faster anyway. Do not enter DNF, -1 Lap or anything other than their fast lap time. It causes grief to the formulas and data presentations. It was me that removed all instances of them.

2. Enter gaps for all drivers that completed the race in the allotted time. If they didn't complete the race, don't enter a gap. Reason being, the data entered is not accurate and the second race will likely be faster anyway. Do not enter DNF, -1 Lap or anything other than their gap. It causes grief to the formulas and data presentations. It was me that removed all instances of them.

We used to ask you to enter 60 seconds for drivers that didn't complete the race, but it really isn't needed nor make sense. Drivers usually have two kicks at the can and the other race will usually have data we can use.

How to enter data:

Yeah, you guys who have been here a while should just accept that new drivers don't care or are unwilling to look back at what we've done before. It really is asking them a lot.

What makes you think they don't care or haven't looked. They're here, and participating. That's more than can be said for some others. The point was, perhaps some of these new SNAILs are picking these combos because SNAIL raced them before they became SNAILs and they would like to run them.

Another low PP car on way too much tire.

I think the post announcing prize winners encourages checking the sheet for previous cars used in an effort to keep it fresh. But it doesn't seem it is checked very often.

Since just the beginning of the year we have had eight cars (that I can recall used) used prior to 2014. And now 9 with the Miata.

Nothing wrong with car or track per se, but out of 1100 cars we somehow pick 9 cars in 3 months that have been used before.

My logic for picking a car that has already been chosen in 2013 was that this that SNAIL about tripled in size in 2014, mean that about 60 out of 100 drivers have never driven this car, so to the majority of us (including myself) this is a brand new car/combo. I did look at the combo history, this wasn't done in 2014, so I know that most of us haven't run it yet, and am 90% sure that we haven't done the track yet either.

Now i do wish that we could do SS tires on this car, but there isn't much I can do about that. Plus the less experience drivers will appreciate the RH tires.

I just wanted to clear up any confusion about entering data. The 'training' video found on row 163 of the Team S.N.A.I.L. sheet explains most of it.

1. Enter a fast lap for a driver if they've completed more than one lap. Even if they didn't finish the race, it's easy to go back to the point they disco'd and get the information. If they didn't complete two laps, don't enter anything. Reason being, the first lap is not representative of their pace and the second race will likely be faster anyway. Do not enter DNF, -1 Lap or anything other than their fast lap time. It causes grief to the formulas and data presentations. It was me that removed all instances of them.

2. Enter gaps for all drivers that completed the race in the allotted time. If they didn't complete the race, don't enter a gap. Reason being, the data entered is not accurate and the second race will likely be faster anyway. Do not enter DNF, -1 Lap or anything other than their gap. It causes grief to the formulas and data presentations. It was me that removed all instances of them.

We used to ask you to enter 60 seconds for drivers that didn't complete the race, but it really isn't needed nor make sense. Drivers usually have two kicks at the can and the other race will usually have data we can use.

How to enter data:

You don't think that people that didn't finish the race in the allotted time should have that data entered? At least as 60 seconds gap? Because if you're saying that they should have no gap entered, if someone has a gap of, for example, 30 seconds behind the leader, it will be better for them to just stop before the finish line so they don't get the 30 second gap factored into their overall stats... Of course, what SNAIL management decides goes, but I'm just trying to understand why a 60 second gap for people that got lapped or didn't finish in time would be detrimental to the data analysis.

Prize Selection Update
@AG07WRXTR It has been almost 36 hours since the "all clear" was given for you to select your prize. If you have not made your selection by noon ET, you will be locked in to prize "B" and @racefan78 will be the prize "C" winner and will be able to freeze one half of the Integra at Deep Forest combo.

D3 - Rd1 & 2
13582384553_1ea8ca737a_h.jpg

13582700864_e5cf130fde_h.jpg

13582706564_a9e5de1d0b_h.jpg

13582367693_8a17c9fcd9_h.jpg

13582678774_ba109fb1ab_h.jpg

13582685344_1493de7f95_h.jpg

13582345733_9f9b3e0ce5_h.jpg

13582337465_9ab13bb2bc_h.jpg

13582285425_889938c10a_h.jpg

13582327693_c5fe7411c1_h.jpg

13582332543_f9762bd246_h.jpg

13582264705_1b6392fe88_h.jpg

13582260835_226ba7fa06_h.jpg

13582629024_3da1b64cd4_h.jpg

You don't think that people that didn't finish the race in the allotted time should have that data entered? At least as 60 seconds gap? Because if you're saying that they should have no gap entered, if someone has a gap of, for example, 30 seconds behind the leader, it will be better for them to just stop before the finish line so they don't get the 30 second gap factored into their overall stats... Of course, what SNAIL management decides goes, but I'm just trying to understand why a 60 second gap for people that got lapped or didn't finish in time would be detrimental to the data analysis.

I didn't say it was detrimental, I said it was irrelevant. The power rankings are based off your best time of the two combos. If you don't finish one race, chances are you'll finish the other and it will be your best.

The other thing I said was is it's inaccurate. Which is true, it's not what they ran. In F1 it would be considered unclassified. Capiche?

I didn't say it was detrimental, I said it was irrelevant. The power rankings are based off your best time of the two combos. If you don't finish one race, chances are you'll finish the other and it will be your best.

The other thing I said was is it's inaccurate. Which is true, it's not what they ran. In F1 it would be considered unclassified. Capiche?
Makes sense when you explain it. Thanks!

I wanted to highlight to everyone that to me it is incredible the pace that some of the lower divisions have; not only from the 'fast lap' times but in general as I have practiced with many of D4,5,6,7 racers.

It is awesome to see that the fastest lap time from D2 to D7 at Round 1 was less than 1.5 seconds. Round to less than 2.5 seconds and Round 3 was barely over 3 seconds.

Which brings me another idea. How about a 'Championship of Champions' where the champions of all Divisions get to battle it out for bragging rights, shells?

• The best 2 winners by points of each Division get to fill 16 slots on the grid.
  • May be lower as we may need to allocate at least 1 spot for the westies.
  • To Add to Oshawa.. yes my idea is to do it Monthly.

In the sake of simplicity, we could have D7 and D8 and WC only have 1 entry. That will make it 15 exactly.
Can everyone here tentatively confirm if you are able to race on Friday Night 9:30-10PM EST start time.

I have yet to hear from D4,D7 and WC. Area 51 and D8 are fully represented so far. Please let me know soonest if you are able to race this Friday 04/04.

D1
fizzer -- Confirmed
martin20az -- Confirmed

D2
ptslopoke -- Cannot Maket it :nervous: (2nd slot opens up)
chuyler1 -- Cannot Make it - (Next in line is @serge19)

D3
@Xradkins ?
Troggy -- Positively Uncertain

D4
@Daniel Pinho ?
CanuckleheadII -- Confirmed by Kcheeb

D5
hooker4 -- Cannot Make it :( (one slot opens up - Taken by Elsbury)
FloydC3 -- Confirmed

D6
TEX36 -- Confirmed
ExoSphere64 -- Confirmed

D7
rob1nh000d -- Confirmed by Notttingham Palace
@singlepaddy ?

D8
deaconblues82-- Confirmed
elsbury2 -- Confirmed

WC
@GranStand Bill ?
Neovre -- Cannot challenge Area 51 sadly :(

Last edited:
Prize Selection Update

Prize "B" belongs to @AG07WRXTR and prize "C" belongs to @racefan78

racefan78 needs to select either the Integra or Deep Forest to freeze for next week. Please do this as soon as possible.

is this race of champions still available for me to sign up on? I would like to do it if possible?
In the sake of simplicity, we could have D7 and D8 and WC only have 1 entry. That will make it 15 exactly.
Can everyone here tentatively confirm if you are able to race on Friday Night 9:30-10PM EST start time.

I have yet to hear from D4,D7 and WC. Area 51 and D8 are fully represented so far. Please let me know soonest if you are able to race this Friday 04/04.

D1
fizzer -- Confirmed
martin20az -- Confirmed

D2
ptslopoke -- Cannot Maket it :nervous: (2nd slot opens up)
@chuyler1 ?

D3
@[USER=234953]Xradkins
?
Troggy -- Positively Uncertain

D4
@Daniel Pinho ?
@CanuckleheadII ?

D5
hooker4 -- Cannot Make it :( (one slot opens up - Taken by Elsbury)
FloydC3 -- Confirmed

D6
TEX36 -- Confirmed
@ExoSphere64 ?

D7
@rob1nh000d ?
@singlepaddy ?

D8
deaconblues82-- Confirmed
elsbury2 -- Confirmed

WC
@GranStand Bill ?
@Neovre[/USER] ?

is this race of champions still available for me to sign up on? I would like to do it if possible?

Given that PTslopoke cannot make it and you did have a win and no one else has spoken to fill the grid yet, I will slot you in Slopoke's place. 👍

@K1utch -- stand by please.

@nmcp1 Thanks!
@serge19 3rd in points! Can you make the race Friday?

Last edited:
The pecking order for D2 is:

PTslopoke
chuyler1
serge_1919
Kgffy28
nmcp1
JWalker_SSR7
GTP_NishRacer
Drrgreenthumb67
zstovall
Klutch-D
BC_BOYZZ
vincentq4
x3n0-asx
Oshawa-Joe
DrKronin
Way2gd4u956

It's a race of "Champions". You must first be a champion ;)

My original methodology would make him eligible; He did win March 16th. Since we decided to go with total points it changes the picture on selection.

... However, IMO I would not like to go lower than 3rd place (podium per say) and perhaps we can select a weekly winner to fill the Division spot???

Back