◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,417 comments
My original methodology would make him eligible; He did win March 16th. Since we decided to go with total points it changes the picture on selection.

... However, IMO I would not like to go lower than 3rd place (podium per say) and perhaps we can select a weekly winner to fill the Division spot???

Or you could fill the spot with a D7, D8 or WC person, since you previously stated you would only take 1 from those 3 divisions.

OFFICIAL PRIZE C SELECTION:

I am freezing the track. The DC5 has been raced many times in this league on a variety of different tracks. I think it's time to see a new car given a chance. Perhaps, if I may venture an unofficial suggestion, something unique and low PP.

You can suggest...and I hope your suggestion is taken...but I doubt it.

Or you could fill the spot with a D7, D8 or WC person, since you previously stated you would only take 1 from those 3 divisions.

Yes that is still the plan. Awaiting to hear form Grandstand and both of D7 racers.
D2 still has 2 spots to fill.

May I suggest this one for prize suggestion? Low PP but very fun!(Mazda Cosmo Sport)

1968_Mazda_Cosmo-Sport_01.jpg

So, the latest GT6 update has been announced to drop on the 6th. And of ALLLLLLLL the stuff we would have loved to see fixed or tweaked, we get the long awaited GPS Visualiser. What a game changer this is for our league :bowdown::rolleyes:
So I was just reading about what this is and I'm confused because first it says you can only use the scion fr-s to do this but then it goes on to talk about a mobile app that would allow gps tracking of your commute home and then recreate the track on gt6 (that would be frickin sweeeet) but my question is what exactly are we gonna get with this update

Why would I want to come home, then drive home again? LOL, if that feature indeed gets released I'm going to drive up to the Kancamagus Highway immediately and import that into the game!

I happen to drive thirty minutes down back roads but they have some pretty heavy banking in some of the turns I would love to be able to drive it like I want to I just can't see around the trees

OFFICIAL PRIZE C SELECTION:

I am freezing the track. The DC5 has been raced many times in this league on a variety of different tracks. I think it's time to see a new car given a chance. Perhaps, if I may venture an unofficial suggestion, something unique and low PP.

Thank you for making your choice. Now it's up to @AG07WRXTR to pick a car to race at Deep Forest. Since he appears to be MIA, if you raced in D4 this Sunday night March 30, you may make one (1) suggestion for a car to race at Deep Forest. If you make more than one suggestion, all of your suggestions will be voided. The suggestion window will close 11 hours from now which will be 11:59 PM ET. At that point, voting will be open to everyone that raced in any division Sunday night March 30.

Of course, all of this is thrown out the window if AG07WRXTR jumps in and picks a car.

Drivers who raced in D4 are as follows: @llNovall , @ATLskydiver @Daniel Pinho @rankings18 @chatva @CanuckleheadII @GTP_unleashed @DMacs13 @Wardenclyffe @whatbadgerseat @shmibal_GT @Mark II

In order for the GPS importer to work as they intended, the course creation engine needs to be in place. Which it is not. So the Visualiser will only be good for chasing ghosts at your favorite tracks.

I will say I had some of the best racing last night in DTC with some ridiculous Element vs Storia battles at Ascari. 344-360pp. Then some fun TF160 vs Miata stuff at Tsukuba...385ish pp. SH tires.

Revisiting Ascari in some small and low PP cars would be hilarious. There were five of us door to door in stupid Elements and Storias. Sometimes the simple things in life are the best ;)

Last edited:
In order for the GPS importer to work as they intended, the course creation engine needs to be in place. Which it is not. So the Visualiser will only be good for chasing ghosts at your favorite tracks.

Good to know next time I drop in at Suzuka in Japan.

Good to know next time I drop in at Suzuka in Japan.
Right
But I don't believe it's impossible to do we already have gps that can show what the road looks like ahead of you even if it's a bit inaccurate so the hardest part I can see is getting the course creator running and able to make just about any road and then it's just a matter of modifying the code that the gps's use basically anyway

Right
But I don't believe it's impossible to do we already have gps that can show what the road looks like ahead of you even if it's a bit inaccurate so the hardest part I can see is getting the course creator running and able to make just about any road and then it's just a matter of modifying the code that the gps's use basically anyway

And we honestly think that PD's current network/servers will support this increased workload? Of course not. Better question, does PD honestly think they can? They already struggle with the current demand. Can you imagine the amount of increase it will cause if even 25% of current users upload only 1 "track"? Reality is the users who do upload, would probably upload many, 10+ routes. I know I would.

Thank you for making your choice. Now it's up to @AG07WRXTR to pick a car to race at Deep Forest. Since he appears to be MIA, if you raced in D4 this Sunday night March 30, you may make one (1) suggestion for a car to race at Deep Forest. If you make more than one suggestion, all of your suggestions will be voided. The suggestion window will close 11 hours from now which will be 11:59 PM ET. At that point, voting will be open to everyone that raced in any division Sunday night March 30.

Of course, all of this is thrown out the window if AG07WRXTR jumps in and picks a car.

Drivers who raced in D4 are as follows: @llNovall , @ATLskydiver @Daniel Pinho @rankings18 @chatva @CanuckleheadII @GTP_unleashed @DMacs13 @Wardenclyffe @whatbadgerseat @shmibal_GT @Mark II

Edit: this is my final car suggestion
I am probably gonna suggest the TOYOTA 86 RACE CAR BASE MODEL '12
I don't think we've used this car before???
I have raced this car online and it has lots of grip even with SH tires, has good FFB to keep our wheels happy, and cheap to buy. I'll be able to test it at Deep Forrest in about 7 hrs. and will cast my final suggestion then.
If someone could test it now, let us know how it drives at deep forrest :)

Last edited:
And we honestly think that PD's current network/servers will support this increased workload? Of course not. Better question, does PD honestly think they can? They already struggle with the current demand. Can you imagine the amount of increase it will cause if even 25% of current users upload only 1 "track"? Reality is the users who do upload, would probably upload many, 10+ routes. I know I would.
Yeah there is a lot of work to be done maybe ending online for gt5 will help with that

I am probably gonna suggest the TOYOTA 86 RACE CAR BASE MODEL '12
I don't think we've used this car before???
I have raced this car online and it has lots of grip even with SH tires, has good FFB to keep our wheels happy, and cheap to buy. I'll be able to test it at Deep Forrest in about 7 hrs. and will cast my final suggestion then.
If someone could test it now, let us know how it drives at deep forrest :)

this is great. i suggest the TOYOTA 86 RACE CAR BASE MODEL '12 also!

In the event no selection is made, my official D4 vote is TOYOTA 86 RACE CAR BASE MODEL '12. I have yet to race this car at all in this game, but would like to give it a run at Deep Forrest.

Last edited:
Why would I want to come home, then drive home again? LOL, if that feature indeed gets released I'm going to drive up to the Kancamagus Highway immediately and import that into the game!
if this stuff works id love to see snail made tracks on sundays. tracks selected worthy of racing would need a fair period after release to the racing for practice im sure etc etc,

im a GIS qualified person and might be able to assist with some stuff re editing files etc, well see what pd gives here,
get on google maps and find some sweet routes in our city's

This whole race champions had me thinking, why not do a best of the division tournament, each division picks it's best two racers, 8 for 1-4 and 8 from 5- WC, now the whole concept is team based, so let's say div 1-4 is team A and 5-WC is team B. Each position is worth points and based on that the team score gets calculated, the team with the highest collective score wins the round. We run this on whatever day we pick and the car and track gets voted by the previous week winning team. It will promote good race craft, because you have to work as a team and learn do drive defensively, as well as aggressively, because you want the best finishing position for your team. Points will be deducted for bad race craft, I don't know I think it would be fun and enjoyable and will give people a chance to learn from faster drivers.

i was thinking something like the FA cup in soccer-but adapted for car racing

for example rnd 1, is random fields of div 8,7,6 top 70% move on, rnd 2 is 8,7,6 and 5(survivors),top given % move on,keep pattern til done with field on one grid for a set of races
the percent is a number i pulled out my but, that might take some experiment.
one rnd- is once a week, call it the league cup

In the event no selection is made, my official D4 vote is TOYOTA 86 RACE CAR BASE MODEL '12. I have yet to race this car at all in this game, but would like to give it a run at Deep Forrest.

So much for a low PP fun car. :irked: :odd::rolleyes::boggled:💡:eek:
let's replace a race car with another race car... since we already have the race car.

So much for a low PP fun car. :irked:
let's replace a race car with another race car... since we already have the race car.
Am I right in thinking that the reason a lot of the faster guys don't like race cars so much is because y'all actually run slower lines so you don't really untap the full potential of the race cars

Back