◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,412 comments
Just wanted to chime in on the whole slow in/fast out deal. This passed week I actually had a good amount of practice time for once, and to sort of force myself to brake at a better point; I did most of my practice on ABS 0... And it helped me a great deal.

It basically forced my to brake early/smooth and in a straight line, since panic braking will just lock em up and send you off the track.

After a good deal of practice with ABS 0, I swapped back to 1... But kept the same technique.

Where did you buy it from? I'm quite fascinated by it and wouldn't mind having a poster of it too. :)

I'm not sure how large you can make it without it getting pixellated, but here's the original, really large, version.
VKSZ982.png

What does it exactly mean when it says you can't join a room due to "refused entry of network incompatibility with room host"? I joined once but I got disconnected and can't return. Thanks.

What does it exactly mean when it says you can't join a room due to "refused entry of network incompatibility with room host"? I joined once but I got disconnected and can't return. Thanks.

I am not by any means an experienced expert, but I think the general consensus is to reboot your game and playstation, and I don't know if they say your modem as well.

Where did you buy it from? I'm quite fascinated by it and wouldn't mind having a poster of it too. :)

I'll pm you the link.

@racefan78, I also love that you describe the whole technique, then how to use it in a specific corner, explain what category it actually goes in (not a passing maneuver), and THEN, how to change it to a passing maneuver by 'utilizing the gap'. Could you go a little more into how you utilize the gap to get a greater exit speed and pass them. I mean, they are already going their full speed, which if you are catching them in the first place, granted is a little slower than yours, but because you have slowed to allow the gap, you are essentially going at their pace, so how would you pull out of the bag (utilize the gap), at that point, a faster maneuver starting at their pace, only to magically pass them and once again deserve the title of Alien?

It all comes down to the old "slow in, fast out" saying, as well as a little bit of knowledge about racing lines. In reality, if your opponent is taking the turn perfectly, you will not be able to pass them, no matter what you do. However, by maintaining a bit of a gap on corner entry, you're giving yourself room to capitalize on any mistakes they might make.

I will keep using the last corner at Deep Forest to explain this example. With the DC5 we raced last week, it was possible to take that turn at 112 mph (maybe the aliens could take it faster, but that was my best). In order to do that, you had to brake early to get the car settled, and then carry a bit of throttle through the apex. You also had to hit the turn-in and apex pretty much spot on, otherwise you'd have to scrub off too much speed to avoid having an off.

Now, let's say that going into that turn, the car in front of you slips up and only carries 108 mph. If you're right on their bumper when this happens, you have only two options: Hit them, or sacrifice your momentum by leaving the ideal line or braking. However, if you maintained enough of a gap in the braking zone, you should be able to carry your extra momentum through the apex and complete the pass on the front-stretch (or at least set up a clean pass into turn one).

Make sense?

Hello...I am having a little bit of a 'disconnect' with this game/sim as a new driver Just a background on me, the last 2-weeks messing around with this game is the only time I have ever used a PSP....it is my children's gaming console, and beyond this game have no use for it. What is getting me is wanting to practice a car/track combo, but I always have to go rack up points/credits to purchase a car for the upcoming weeks races, so I do not get to practice the car/track combo. Does that make any sense? When I used to race in a league using Nascar 4, Nascar 2003 etc on the computer, we always new the schedule/tracks in advance, and I could start practice right away (had to get setups correct), so whenever I had a free moment I could practice the track and my car. Right now I cannot do this as I have to run in the area to gain points to buy a car. Does any of this make sense, or am I missing something simple? Last week, my son racked up points fro me to buy the cars I needed to race, and 2 of the tracks I went into blind racing. Am I just in the wrong league, or missing something simple I am not doing. Thanks in advance :)

Hello...I am having a little bit of a 'disconnect' with this game/sim as a new driver Just a background on me, the last 2-weeks messing around with this game is the only time I have ever used a PSP....it is my children's gaming console, and beyond this game have no use for it. What is getting me is wanting to practice a car/track combo, but I always have to go rack up points/credits to purchase a car for the upcoming weeks races, so I do not get to practice the car/track combo. Does that make any sense? When I used to race in a league using Nascar 4, Nascar 2003 etc on the computer, we always new the schedule/tracks in advance, and I could start practice right away (had to get setups correct), so whenever I had a free moment I could practice the track and my car. Right now I cannot do this as I have to run in the area to gain points to buy a car. Does any of this make sense, or am I missing something simple? Last week, my son racked up points fro me to buy the cars I needed to race, and 2 of the tracks I went into blind racing. Am I just in the wrong league, or missing something simple I am not doing. Thanks in advance :)

I usually take a day once every couple weeks and run the redbull standard championship. Including the log in bonus it's 2.3 million credits every twenty or so minutes.

^^ If the Red Bulls aren't your thing (I like them, but I also recognize it's something of an acquired taste), the NASCAR race at Twin Ring pays out something like 220k with the 5-day bonus (if you're not logging in daily, do that starting today) for 3:20ish on the track.

Other than to look up single answers on a variety of subjects, I have never used forums. I especially have never been involved in one forum in an on-going basis. There are a lot of features that I am not familiar with as far as the mechanisms available within a forum engine. So it might be hard for someone to understand why I would not know this, but, is having a conversation the same as a personal message, or do you do a personal message some other way in a forum, or can you only pm through the PlayStation Console under the friend menu choice outside the game itself?
I believe, but am not certain, that the difference between a PM and a "Conversation" is only the number of folks that can be party to the discussion (1:1 for a PM and say all of your division in the Sunday night message).

I'll pm you the link.

It all comes down to the old "slow in, fast out" saying, as well as a little bit of knowledge about racing lines. In reality, if your opponent is taking the turn perfectly, you will not be able to pass them, no matter what you do. However, by maintaining a bit of a gap on corner entry, you're giving yourself room to capitalize on any mistakes they might make.

I will keep using the last corner at Deep Forest to explain this example. With the DC5 we raced last week, it was possible to take that turn at 112 mph (maybe the aliens could take it faster, but that was my best). In order to do that, you had to brake early to get the car settled, and then carry a bit of throttle through the apex. You also had to hit the turn-in and apex pretty much spot on, otherwise you'd have to scrub off too much speed to avoid having an off.

Now, let's say that going into that turn, the car in front of you slips up and only carries 108 mph. If you're right on their bumper when this happens, you have only two options: Hit them, or sacrifice your momentum by leaving the ideal line or braking. However, if you maintained enough of a gap in the braking zone, you should be able to carry your extra momentum through the apex and complete the pass on the front-stretch (or at least set up a clean pass into turn one).

Make sense?

Very nice @racefan78. This really proves to my 'racing emotion' that being right on someone in order to squeak by when you think that your only chance at passing is to keep every single mile per hour and foot you've gained in relation to someone else definately and usually is NOT the best tactic. After you explained it, I now realize that there is the perfect line, which is almost impossible for any driver to stay on 100 percent of the time, and there is the mostly perfect line and a few variations in the course of a full lap (of course, this is much higher variation for me). And when the variations happen, that's the time to have a gap to capitalize on, instead of losing the advantage by being forced, as you said, to back off because you are too close. WOW, I really feel like I gained something very valuable here. MUCH THANKS.

^^ If the Red Bulls aren't your thing (I like them, but I also recognize it's something of an acquired taste), the NASCAR race at Twin Ring pays out something like 220k with the 5-day bonus (if you're not logging in daily, do that starting today) for 3:20ish on the track.

I believe, but am not certain, that the difference between a PM and a "Conversation" is only the number of folks that can be party to the discussion (1:1 for a PM and say all of your division in the Sunday night message).

Thanks @Wardenclyffe. btw I am a dog lover as you appear to be.

Can you send me it as well?

Done!

Very nice @racefan78. This really proves to my 'racing emotion' that being right on someone in order to squeak by when you think that your only chance at passing is to keep every single mile per hour and foot you've gained in relation to someone else definately and usually is NOT the best tactic. After you explained it, I now realize that there is the perfect line, which is almost impossible for any driver to stay on 100 percent of the time, and there is the mostly perfect line and a few variations in the course of a full lap (of course, this is much higher variation for me). And when the variations happen, that's the time to have a gap to capitalize on, instead of losing the advantage by being forced, as you said, to back off because you are too close. WOW, I really feel like I gained something very valuable here. MUCH THANKS.

Glad I could help!

Back