◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,415 comments
Why move completely? Keep this thread but link it to the new SNAIL community Forum where we can just shoot the bull and have all our other stuff. This thread would continue on as a beacon of light to all GTPlanet members looking for a place to come and race ;)

racer ffrom d8 last weekend here.

My pick is
willow springs international raceway - streets of willow springs
With
chevrolet camaro iroc-z concept '88
429pp 240hp SH FR

The other league I joined in early 2012 kept a presence on gtplanet but it became very quiet with nothing of interest being posted. I'm sure it did nothing to attract new drivers and resulted in the league losing more drivers than just me.

I'm fairly sure we wouldn't be allowed to promote the new forum on this thread, or link to it.

Last edited:
Informal practice room for the GT-R @ Indy RC. Probably be open for the next 50 minutes or so.

1472-6681-3286-8591-2068 CLOSED

I've left, but @Wolfsatz was still there.

Last edited:
It would appear to be largely unnecessary but RW interrupted my timeline some. Without further ado,

FmeorCJ.png

Race Date: 20 April 2014

This week's prize winners are clear to make their selections. Good racing!

IR Submission Form is now closed.

We have 12 incidents on file. Deadline for reviews is NLT 10PM Eastern on Friday, April 25th , 2014.
Banners by dabneyd

D2 data has been entered to the Results Doc for 4/20/14

Apricot Hill Raceway_1.jpg

Pole Lap Honors:
Round 1 : @RobbiefromBC 1:40.886
Round 2 : @serge19 0:58.081
Round 3 : @dirttrackj 1:29.114

Fast Lap honors:
Round 1 Race 1 : @RobbiefromBC 1:40.617
Round 1 Race 2 : @RobbiefromBC 1:40.872

Round 2 Race 1 : @RobbiefromBC 0:57.868
Round 2 Race 2 : @Oshawa-Joe 0:57.957

Round 3 Race 1 : @RobbiefromBC 1:29.187
Round 3 Race 2 : @quattpequatt 1:29.179

One round to go for the month and the top 2 positions are separated by 1 point! Well done everyone in D2!:cheers:

Congrats to @RobbiefromBC for taking the win for the night! 👍

Full data set can be found here.

Division 6 Data Summary
April 20, 2014

April Season Scores
1st - @Mirado_7 - 236 points
2nd - @rob1nh000d - 226 points
3rd - @ExoSphere64 - 219.1 points
4th - @KTR5 - 217 points
5th - @Piler - 197.1 points

1 week to go in the April season and it's @Mirado_7 with a 10 point lead over @rob1nh000d

Race Results & Data

Top 5 Scores
1st - @Mirado_7 - 83 points - Gold - 1 | Silver - 1 | Bronze - 1
2nd - @rob1nh000d - 77 points - Gold - 1 | Silver - 1 | Bronze - 1
3rd - @KTR5 - 73 points - Gold - 1 | Silver - 1
4th - @goofytyler - 72 points - Silver - 2
5th - @ExoSphere64 - 69 points - Gold - 2 | Bronze - 1

Pole Lap Honors:
Round 1 : @Rockhound18 1:42.261
Round 2 : @KTR5 58.315
Round 3 : @KTR5 1:30.773

Race Winners:
Round 1 Race 1 : @Mirado_7 [gap to 2nd = 2.869]
Round 1 Race 2 : @Azure Flare [gap to 2nd = 7.449]

Round 2 Race 1 : @ExoSphere64 [gap to 2nd = 0.630]
Round 2 Race 2 : @KTR5 [gap to 2nd = 0.290]

Round 3 Race 1 : @ExoSphere64 [gap to 2nd = 0.614]
Round 3 Race 2 : @rob1nh000d [gap to 2nd = 0.169]

Fast Lap honors:
Round 1 Race 1 : @Mirado_7 1:42.171
Round 1 Race 2 : @rob1nh000d 1:42.498

Round 2 Race 1 : @goofytyler 58.419
Round 2 Race 2 : @rob1nh000d 58.529

Round 3 Race 1 : @KTR5 1:30.497
Round 3 Race 2 : @KTR5 1:30.630

Fast Race:
Round 1: 10:26.054 (@Mirado_7)
Round 2: 10:54.163 (@ExoSphere64)
Round 3: 10:45.016 (@rob1nh000d)

Highest Gap, first to last:
Round 3, Race 1: 0:57.584

Smallest Gap, first to last:
Round 1, Race 2: 0:26.919

Complete Results

Thanks to @nmcp1 for this great idea and @fizzer for some additional stats.

Good racing in Division 7 with the small group we had. I gotta say I appreciate everyone being so kind and respectful, we pretty all know what driver does what and where he makes moves and it really helps keep down contact. We honestly have a good group of D7 drivers and we also had one new one show up tonight and he did pretty good for his first night. Congrats to @speer9892003 for becoming a father, best of wishes. And thank you to all the guys in D7 again.

@speer9892003
@Nail-27
@BayouSimDrifter
@joe_diben
@SHOCKY_WELL
@deaconblues82
and any others that I forgot to mention, good racing guys.
Congrats Speers
And thanks to all the guys that put up with my racing.
I had the most fun I have ever had racing you guys.
hope to race you guys next week. well all except aliengamer25. hope he stays in the next zip-code.
just kidding and again thanks for letting me join your group.

@dcallnight

These are your options for prize "A" as suggested by the members of D8.

1. Opera Performance S2000 '04 @ Laguna Seca
2. VW Scirocco GT24 Base model '08 @ Eiger Nordwand (short track)
3. Camaro SS '10 @ Silverstone GP
4. Chevy Camaro iroc-z concept '88 @ streets of willow springs
5. Subaru BRZ GT300 Base model '12 @ Grand Valley Speedway (Forward)

Please choose one of these as you prize "A" selection. Your deadline is 3 PM ET on Wednesday. If you haven't made a pick by then, the voting will be opened up to all league members that raced Sunday night.

I'm curious, will this be a total of all four weeks, or best three scores likes the official scoring?

Obviously, that is up to @Azure Flare to clarify, but I think he did state later that it was the total of all 4 nights.

In the last paragraph, I did explicitly state that all scores will be totaled up and that the person who has scored the most points from the entire league will win the prize.

You're half right. Aliengamer is still ineligible for prizes as he has not been evaluated for promotion and relegation at this point.

When a prize winner wins the same prize for the second time in a month, the prize get "passed on" to the rest of his division. All members who raced in that division get to make one suggestion and the duplicate winner picks from those suggestions. This is different from the absentee prize winner when the entire league gets to vote on the suggestions.

I will tag @zer05ive and @Dragonwhisky in this post so they know that aliengamer is not eligible for prizes and can make the necessary adjustments.
I saw that @aliengamer25 signed up on March 23rd, so I assumed he had raced in at least one of the last two races of that season. That's what I get for assuming I guess, because upon further review, he didn't actually race until the beginning of the April season. I've updated the results post to correct my mistake.

@Doodle is close to running the magical 1:02.xxx, unbelievable! Hope you get to compete next year dude, you've always been on-top of the time sheets!

Some advice for some of the lower division guys struggling to break 1:03.

Turn 1: lift off before the white line at the end of pit row, make sure you're wide left before the turn I try to aim to be moving left before the the start finish line if you follow the dark marks on the road you should be on the ideal line. slowly tap your brakes to bring it down to around 70-72 mph flick your car carefully to clip the right hand apex get on the throttle early. Aim for an exit speed between 77-80 for the uphill, this will give you the most momentum coming I to turn two.

Turn 2: brake at the shadow on the road slow the car down to around 40-44 mph lift off through out the corner to use the massive lift off over steer this car has and clip the apex, get back on the throttle gradually straightening out and trying to ride the rumble strip on the left upon exit.

Turn 3: this one is a doosey! Try to position your car as far right as you can aim to touch the rumble strip and then tap the brakes and flick your car to the left maintaining 57-60 mph through the turn, you'll run wide but that's ok because of the exit runoff area which is pretty wide, make sure that as soon as you flick the car and have the nose pointed in the right direction you get in the throttle to maintain your momentum, exit speed should be 60 and increasing if you nail it.

Turn 4-5-6: a tricky S section that requires almost no braking if done correctly, clip the 1st left hand apex, avoid the right hander. Move your car as far left as comfortable for you, and flick the to the right try to aim for the apex and maintain 52-54 mph through the turn. I find myself modulating the throttle in order to minimize understeer. Exit speed should be 57-60.

I'm hitting 85mph by the start/finish line.

I'm not the fastest driver here, but I thought I would provide some info for what worked for me to get into the 1:03s!

Good luck everyone.

Last edited:
I think @Doodle will get it easily. On the other hand I'm just getting ready to give up on GT Academy because I feel like I don't understand the game anymore or what because I run the same lines as the top racer do but yet I'm not getting those time as well which is making me feel like I can't do anything anymore, just never had any luck. Just wish I could get that chance but its highly doubtful especially from past events I tried for. Anyways run hard SNAILs.

I think @Doodle will get it easily. On the other hand I'm just getting ready to give up on GT Academy because I feel like I don't understand the game anymore or what because I run the same lines as the top racer do but yet I'm not getting those time as well which is making me feel like I can't do anything anymore, just never had any luck. Just wish I could get that chance but its highly doubtful especially from past events I tried for. Anyways run hard SNAILs.
Read above you.

Yes, the Combos have been chosen - @zer05ive will post them shortly.

Round 1) Toyota 2000GT 67' (161 hp / 379 PP on Sport Hard Tires)
@ Circuito di Roma

Round 2) Subaru BRZ GT300 Base Model '12 (361 hp / 518 PP on Racing Hard)
@ Grand Valley Speedway (Forward)

Round 3) Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 Base Model '13 (617 hp / 621 PP on Racing Medium Tires)
@ Indy Road Course

(corrected - thanks!)

Last edited:
Yes, the Combos have been chosen - @zer05ive will post them shortly.

Round 1) Toyota 2000GT 67' (161 hp / 379 PP on Sport Hard Tires)
@ Circuito di Roma

Round 2) Subaru BRZ GT300 Base Model '12 (est. 352 hp / est. 517 PP on Racing Hard Tires)
@ Grand Valley Speedway (Forward)

Round 3) Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 Base Model '13 (617 hp / 621 PP on Racing Mediums)
@ Indy Road Course

@zer05ive -> Corrected.

EDIT:
Clarification: Numbers are correct, but they are listed on the wrong combo.

Last edited:
I'm really interesting in voting round 2 just for the fact that it has been on for 2 weeks. But the idea of driving the Nissan on Indianapolis gives me nightmares. So i vote on removing Round 3 Please. :)

EDIT: Ignore! I was a little late.

I'm really interesting in voting round 2 just for the fact that it has been on for 2 weeks. But the idea of driving the Nissan on Indianapolis gives me nightmares. So i vote on removing Round 3 Please. :)
Kinda late to vote...

Back