◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,413 comments
I mean, I'm not looking for a way to have WC be equal to other divisions at this point, it will have to expand like some have mentioned into something like a 3 Division thing.
But still create a chance, make it tougher or whatever but at least have a way to let WC peeps have a go at the combos. You know... Something like winning the RoC or have 1 WC win it and another on the podium spot in RoC in order for us to make a say for one of the future combos.

The afore mentioned was just a wild suggestion and details can be thought out to make it fair for others in the WC division due to the rather wide spectrum of driving skills in the WC division.

Maybe we can put a time limit on a division to input their data, record votes and upload replays, or they are ineligible for prizes/voting for the week.
I like the idea, but @JLBowler can make the call on that. It certainly would provide some motivation/consequences, but the exclusion could also prove to be quite a pain as well.

Another idea would be to have the division directors post on the thread once all positions for the division are set for the week. Or better yet, confirm when each position has both a primary and backup set. Or if not posted on the thread, at least let our GM @ExoSphere64 know so that we can make sure everything is set before each Sunday night. At the very least, whoever is keeping score for each division needs to be doing it in the official score sheet. Otherwise, it's simultaneously causing a delay and also creating double work for someone else at the same time.

Last edited:
I mean, I'm not looking for a way to have WC be equal to other divisions at this point, it will have to expand like some have mentioned into something like a 3 Division thing.
But still create a chance, make it tougher or whatever but at least have a way to let WC peeps have a go at the combos. You know... Something like winning the RoC or have 1 WC win it and another on the podium spot in RoC in order for us to make a say for one of the future combos.

The afore mentioned was just a wild suggestion and details can be thought out to make it fair for others in the WC division due to the rather wide spectrum of driving skills in the WC division.
This could work, ish. Maybe have it if a WC person wins the night in the RoC then WC is "eligible" for the 1st week of the new season only. Would be a tall order to win RoC with some of those D1 guys, plus it reserves the "they can't just win their division every week and be miles ahead in the points/prize formula"

Thoughts?

This could work, ish. Maybe have it if a WC person wins the night in the RoC then WC is "eligible" for the 1st week of the new season only. Would be a tall order to win RoC with some of those D1 guys, plus it reserves the "they can't just win their division every week and be miles ahead in the points/prize formula"

Thoughts?

yes, I did mean winning the night not just 1 race.

D1 results and votes are in except for one race from the second combo. I don't know which race. The pics that I got had the same photo for both races.

@zer05ive Results for D1 are entered along with the votes.

Last edited:
I like what I see here and I'd like to join. PSN: Hu_Fling_Du. Been racing online for many years - willing to start at any level. Located in the racing capital of the world: Indianapolis! :)
@Hu_Fling_Du,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Either I'm doing something wrong or I'm just too frustrated all the time cause when I'm doing the gt academy runs it seems like I can do one fast lap right when it starts but after that it falls apart. I try to follow the lead ghost car and everytie I do I crash or something else happens. If someone can help me I would appreciate it but right now I'm not even sure if I should even do the rest of gt academy when it starts.

Either I'm doing something wrong or I'm just too frustrated all the time cause when I'm doing the gt academy runs it seems like I can do one fast lap right when it starts but after that it falls apart. I try to follow the lead ghost car and everytie I do I crash or something else happens. If someone can help me I would appreciate it but right now I'm not even sure if I should even do the rest of gt academy when it starts.
U have the same problem I had. Your try way to hard maybe and dont watch the lines. watch the track and your Gage's. don't worry about the time or sectors and u will see your self doing better I had to break myself from that. Hope that helps

Don't get engulfed in running faster laps, the longer the combo the more tendency to be hasty because there's no doubt you are spending more time and want to make every lap count.

Try and focus on running consistent laps without needing to restart or reset the car, that will calm you down subconsciously. Then you will start to realize where you are slow and able to make small adjustments. you will only be improving by a tenth if not only hundredths at first but you will find a rhythm and be able to run faster laps in the long run rather than jumping a few tenths just by being lucky that you were able to walk on a tight rope.

Break early enough that you can coast in to the turn in. This car just pushes way too much if you're doing any speed change at all, but be ready for the snap oversteer when coasting. I've got another .036 to shave for gold and I will not be returning to this nightmare of a combo.

I did my first 30 minute session (1:37.0xx) I know that there is another second I can shave but as others have said patience and consistency will pay off. Right now I can be on the tail of Doodle through the s's but he gets a much better run out of the last one and pulls a .4 gap. From there my lap goes downhill. I need a better line through the hairpin which should pick me up .5 and then a better turn in before the chicane for probably another .5. So I am trying to improve in those 2 spots and just be consistent in the others.

If you let your frustration get the better of you it will only hold you back. It is the same in racing. It is not the fastest single lap that wins a race but the best overall time.

Last edited:
The goal should be to get WC up to 3 divisions or whatever number allows WC to participate in voting and prizes. I'm sure it will happen with more effort on recruitment.

Even with three divisions we would not be considered equal. Just being realistic three divisions would mean that each of our divisions would span 2.5 normal divisions. That assumes an even spread of speed that the other divisions have.

So why not do both? Run the standard SNAIL routine but add a 4th combo for just the WC gang. All scoring and voting will pertain to the regular line up but the WC (and only the WC) can engage in picking the "last" round. Should only add about 30 minutes to your night and would help reward the division...
Time is an issue for to many people. Running another 30 minutes would not work for everyone. Plus there is the more practice. If we are adding combos why not just pick our own?

D1 results and votes are in except for one race from the second combo. I don't know which race. The pics that I got had the same photo for both races.

@zer05ive Results for D1 are entered along with the votes.
Sorry, but can't get the new weekly report to work. Getting error that says, "Script function CreateReport could not be found".

Azure your like 2 capitals away lol Kentucky splits us but that doesn't mean we don't like racing the same way, crackin abeer and kickin back

I just never realized how close IMS really was. Further away (in order) is Road Atlanta (want to go there), VIR (teh awesomeness), and COTA (been there).

Do you have to be premium to change it? or can anyone change it once a year?

You have to be a premium member to be able to change it. Trust me on that one.

I just never realized how close IMS really was. Further away (in order) is Road Atlanta (want to go there), VIR (teh awesomeness), and COTA (been there).

You have to be a premium member to be able to change it. Trust me on that one.

IMS is nice for the crappy part of town its in, sits on the edge of Speedway. I saw they finally got rid of the S section the other day on tv

It's been like that for a few years now, they modified the track in 2008 to be able to have the Moto GP race there, and was modified again for the Grand Prix of Indianapolis (this weekend) that will take place ahead of the Indy 500.

In a slightly off-topic point, that means that PD modeled the track at least as late as 2007, a year before GT5P was released in the states. By the time GT5 was released, the old F1 layout (was never a fan of it, I down-right hate racing at that track) was a distant memory.

The fix is in?

Time is an issue for to many people. Running another 30 minutes would not work for everyone. Plus there is the more practice. If we are adding combos why not just pick our own?

Sounds like a new series - Different combos, starting Monday/Midnight Sunday EST...different time...

The... (These are pre-coffee ideas - ugh - stinkers)

Late-night Idiosyncratic American New-name Sunday series?

Sunday Night Other Racing Time

West-coast True-racing Hightailers (I like this one, compared to LIANS and SNORT, above)

West-coast Traffic Fun

Last edited:
Back